Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? (820 Views)

Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos / Fani-kayode Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Alleged Threat To Igbos, Says Its Ominious An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by FXKing2012(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2013
Without boring you with the input of great Igbos such as Azikiwe, Mbadiwe, etc in the struggle for independence, here is a list of Igbos laundering the image of Nigeria and helping Nigeria to be respected within the international community:

Okonjo Iweala (World Bank VP and best finance minister), Ezekwesili (World Bank president for Africa), Prof Chinue Achebe (best Nigerian author and author of the best selling African novel), Prof Maurice Iwu (developer of HIV treatment drug), Don Jazzy (best African music producer), Chidinma (best African female singer), P.Square (best African music group), Flavour (best Nigerian male singer), Prof Akunyili (best NAFDAC DG), Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (author of Purple Hibiscus and winner of multiple literary awards), Kanu Nwankwo (most decorated African footballer of all time), Soludo (best CBN governor), Okorocha (best state governor) etc etc.

Now, question is shouldn't Nigeria be more grateful to Igbos?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by tpia5: 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
Are you igbo?
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by FXKing2012(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:
Are you igbo?

No, I'm not. I'm from Oyo state.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by OkparaIgbo: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012: Without boring you with the input of great Igbos such as Azikiwe, Mbadiwe, etc in the struggle for independence, here is a list of Igbos laundering the image of Nigeria and helping Nigeria to be respected within the international community:

Okonjo Iweala (World Bank VP and best finance minister), Ezekwesili (World Bank president for Africa), Prof Chinue Achebe (best Nigerian author and author of the best selling African novel), Prof Maurice Iwu (developer of HIV treatment drug), Don Jazzy (best African music producer), Chidinma (best African female singer), P.Square (best African music group), Flavour (best Nigerian male singer), Prof Akunyili (best NAFDAC DG), Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (author of Purple Hibiscus and winner of multiple literary awards), Kanu Nwankwo (most decorated African footballer of all time), Soludo (best CBN governor), Okorocha (best state governor), FXKing2012 (best forex trader), etc etc.

Now, question is shouldn't Nigeria be more grateful to Igbos?

The blatant truth is that the Igbo's are evidently a blessed ethnic group and Nigeria has tried to suppress it and you don't have to look far to see why.! It's just like the story of Joseph who was blessed by God yet was hated by his closest kin (his brothers) even to the point that they planned harm on him angry. But one thing has always remained SURE, and that is "The blessings of the Lord maketh rich and it addeth no sorrows" smiley and that is exactly why the Igbo's keep matching forward inspite of the hatred and jealousy from them all. I am proud to be an OkparaIgbo... wink
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by FXKing2012(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
@okparaIgbo, I guess that is why Igbos are called Jews - no matter how much u try to suppress them, they keep multiplying and growing stronger.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by OkparaIgbo: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
FXKing2012: @okparaIgbo, I guess that is why Igbos are called Jews - no matter how much u try to suppress them, they keep multiplying and growing stronger.

I think so too, because so many time the jews were severely dealth with and almost wiped out of the earth via Pharoah of Isreal, Adolf Hitler etc. but after all the efforts of men, the council of the lord stood and that is why uptil now the Isrealites are still standing and infact are growing stronger. So I wouldn't doubt the comparison of the Igbo's to the Jew's
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by FXKing2012(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2013
Now I know why Igbos succeed in every business or endeavour they engage in.
Re: Should Nigeria Be Grateful To Igbos? by FXKing2012(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2013

(1) (Reply)

How Will You Perform As The President Of Nigeria For 6 Months only? / Why We Are Hiding Gov. Suntai –Taraba PDP / Governor Chime Returns To Enugu Airport (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.