Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa (30011 Views)

Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi / Query re: endorsement of new ePassport with details of an old expired passport / Contact Details Of Iberia Airlines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by postemail: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2013
igwekadillac: so u to trll me that confrence visa will not help at all and i cant change it is that what u mean and it will be difficult for me to change it and look for work and hussle in there is that what u are trying to say .
Guy, You can change status to student visa if you are able to get stamped-in at Inchon airport. Basically, student status is the only available option if you entered korea on C3 (tourist) visa.

Regarding D8 (investment) visa, you require a minimum of 100,000,000 Korean won to set up a foreign direct investment through Hana Bank or Korea Exchange Bank. But then, the capital is just the beginning of your wahala. You need an office, accommodation, a local worker, quarterly tax filing, evidence of export..etc. if you have such money why bother relocating to Korea when you can start a Profitable business in Nigeria or Ghana.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by onatisi(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2013
post.email:

Regarding D8 (investment) visa, you require a minimum of 100,000,000 Korean won to set up a foreign direct investment through Hana Bank or Korea Exchange Bank. But then, the capital is just the beginning of your wahala. You need an office, accommodation, a local worker, quarterly tax filing, evidence of export..etc. if you have such money why bother relocating to Korea when you can start a Profitable business in Nigeria or Ghana.
for this quotation i will give you my sister to marry , i wonder why ppl are always hell bent on spending millions to travel to those countries when such amounts can be put to better use and make more profit

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
From what i know, changing from tourist to student visa can be difficult. In most cases they request that you exist the country b4 returning. You might be lucky to find a language school that will help you. If you go with a conference visa, be sure that they institution inviting you is ready to welcome you at the airport otherwise, you will be sent back. In a friend who went there from Ukraine was sent back.
You can extend your visitor's visa to 90 days if your reasons are valid and you have your supporting documents and financial means.
All the best.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by igwekadillac: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
so in other words what u are saying is that u cant extend your c3 visa in south korea and u cant work with it right?
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 6:32am On Feb 27, 2013
igwekadillac: so in other words what u are saying is that u cant extend your c3 visa in south korea and u cant work with it right?

Well am not sure if you can extend it presently. Thou some people where fortunate to get theirs extended. Most times, these people do not follow the information they give to the public via internet. A friend worked illegally until he left for Germany. Factory workers earn almost USD2,000 - USD2,500.

People living in Korea will know better. They will furnish you with proper information on how you can get on your feet when you enter the country. On my first visit to Japan, i meet an acquaintance from Senegal n he told me "Brother if you want to stay back, i can tell you where a lot of Nigerians hang out and they will keep you until you get your papers". So i presume they will have a location where Nigerians hang out too in Seoul, just pray you don't fall into the hands of the wrong guys.

Well i will be visiting Japan next month and will be going through Korea. As a Nigerian, i don't i will be granted 30days stay in Korea as long as i have my onward ticket to Japan, US, or Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by postemail: 4:21am On Mar 04, 2013
WestAfrican:

Well am not sure if you can extend it presently. Thou some people where fortunate to get theirs extended. Most times, these people do not follow the information they give to the public via internet. A friend worked illegally until he left for Germany. Factory workers earn almost USD2,000 - USD2,500.

People living in Korea will know better. They will furnish you with proper information on how you can get on your feet when you enter the country. On my first visit to Japan, i meet an acquaintance from Senegal n he told me "Brother if you want to stay back, i can tell you where a lot of Nigerians hang out and they will keep you until you get your papers". So i presume they will have a location where Nigerians hang out too in Seoul, just pray you don't fall into the hands of the wrong guys.

Well i will be visiting Japan next month and will be going through Korea. As a Nigerian, i don't i will be granted 30days stay in Korea as long as i have my onward ticket to Japan, US, or Canada.

C3(tourist visa ) to D4 (trainee) is possible. You don't need to exit the country. But if you arrive Korea on C3, you will a lot of issues with immigration at Inchon Airport. For Nigerian passport, you'd need a local guarantor before you are allowed entry.

Factory salary for illegals : $1200~$1400

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by Bloodofjesus: 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
post.email:

C3(tourist visa ) to D4 (trainee) is possible. You don't need to exit the country. But if you arrive Korea on C3, you will a lot of issues with immigration at Inchon Airport. For Nigerian passport, you'd need a local guarantor before you are allowed entry.

Factory salary for illegals : $1200~$1400

please put me through,i want to go south korea through language school but the school said i can only come with c3 visa,please hope i will not find it difficuit with immigration at port of entry
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by postemail: 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bloodofjesus:
please put me through,i want to go south korea through language school but the school said i can only come with c3 visa,please hope i will not find it difficuit with immigration at port of entry

Young man, you want to learn Korean or hustle in Korea? Well, I know it's the latter. Don't waste your time thinking you can hustle and also mark your attendance at school everyday. Those that tried it only regretted wasting thousands of dollar every 3 months on tuition. Many gave up renewing their alien card, and joined the factory lines as illegals. That also leaves them vulnerable to police raid and deportation, and a possible 5-year ban.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by Bloodofjesus: 10:40am On Mar 07, 2013
post.email:

Young man, you want to learn Korean or hustle in Korea? Well, I know it's the latter. Don't waste your time thinking you can hustle and also mark your attendance at school everyday. Those that tried it only regretted wasting thousands of dollar every 3 months on tuition. Many gave up renewing their alien card, and joined the factory lines as illegals. That also leaves them vulnerable to police raid and deportation, and a possible 5-year ban.

I WANT TO Husle and the same time learning korean language,then further degree course,but can i work from 7am to 2pm before moving for lecture at korean school
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by onatisi(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bloodofjesus:

I WANT TO Husle and the same time learning korean language,then further degree course,but can i work from 7am to 2pm before moving for lecture at korean school
i really find this answer hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by postemail: 9:15am On Mar 08, 2013
onatisi:
i really find this answer hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bro, I think say na only me ...lol
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by chukxie(m): 2:01am On Mar 14, 2013
igwekadillac: where can one advice someone to go to and what are our chances there does it mean that nothing is happening in asian cointry well am going there to hustle anyway thats my aim of going there

There are factory jobs in Korea. If you are ready to work for 11/12 hours everyday then head there. As for teaching no school or English academy will employ you knowing you're a Nigerian. Infact African nationals are not allowed to teach English except South Africans. They believe SA is a native English speaking country while others aren't. A British SAfrican would earn more wages than a Dutch SAfrican and a black SAfrican. The reason for this disparity in wages is based on the accent of the speakers. For a Nigerian willing to teach English in Korea, he or she must learn how to tweak his accent. If you have a very heavy accent, then you should consider another area of hustling...There are Naijas teaching in SK and I was one of them. I did it for almost 3 years and got well paid. I resourced a lot of materials about ESL Programmes online to enrich myself and it paid off. Currently i'm in China and i'm teaching here. I teach in a high school. Naija no dey carry last!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by chukxie(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2013
llbhuds: I beg ooo
When did south africa became a native speaker of english language ooo
Se with that der funny accent dat is less accepted compared to scotish accent
Na wa for Nigerians ooo

Check your facts before you blab..As absurd as it sounds SA is regarded as a native English country. I guess they achieved this status because of the multiethnicity of the country.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
chukxie:

Check your facts before you blab..As absurd as it sounds SA is regarded as a native English country. I guess they achieved this status because of the multiethnicity of the country.

How many OYIBO be citizens for 9ja? We no allow them format us finish, while will they consider us as an English speaking Nation? Well South Africa is recognized in any country you go to. They are respected even in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Japan. Believe it or not SA and Botswana has better accent then us. Prolly our native languages has made it so and our teachers didn't help us in High school.
But still on still, we go dey teach English to Asians smiley
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by davymen(m): 8:03am On Apr 05, 2013
Factory job is al u can do in korea. I hv so many friends over thr. If u went In , U go for (Aduro) mostly in seol cos thr u have many nijas that can help u arrange for Asylum and after dat my brother u don't start work be dat . Then wl be praying for immigration cos u wl be working illegally .
chukxie:

There are factory jobs in Korea. If you ready to work for 11/12 hours everyday then head there. As for teaching no school or English academy will employ you knowing you're a Nigerian. Infact African nationals are not allowed to teach English except South Africans. They believe SA is a native English speaking country while others aren't. A British SAfrican would earn more wages than a Dutch SAfrican and a black SAfrican. The reason for this disparity in wages is based on the accent of the speakers. For a Nigerian willing to teach English in Korea, he or she must learn how to tweak his accent. If you have a very heavy accent, then you should consider another area of hustling...There are Naijas teaching in SK and I was one of them. I did it for almost 3 years and got well paid. I resourced a lot of materials about ESL Programmes online to enrich myself and it paid off. Currently i'm in China and i'm teaching here. I teach in a high school. Naija no dey carry last![/quot[quote author=chukxie]

There are factory jobs in Korea. If you ready to work for 11/12 hours everyday then head there. As for teaching no school or English academy will employ you knowing you're a Nigerian. Infact African nationals are not allowed to teach English except South Africans. They believe SA is a native English speaking country while others aren't. A British SAfrican would earn more wages than a Dutch SAfrican and a black SAfrican. The reason for this disparity in wages is based on the accent of the speakers. For a Nigerian willing to teach English in Korea, he or she must learn how to tweak his accent. If you have a very heavy accent, then you should consider another area of hustling...There are Naijas teaching in SK and I was one of them. I did it for almost 3 years and got well paid. I resourced a lot of materials about ESL Programmes online to enrich myself and it paid off. Currently i'm in China and i'm teaching here. I teach in a high school. Naija no dey carry last!
e]
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by NotNairalandi(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Pls house how do I get my student visa to Japan...also is there truely business opportunities over there.?
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by moonraker(m): 2:13am On Apr 06, 2013
Nairalandi: Pls house how do I get my student visa to Japan...also is there truely business opportunities over there.?

Business opportunities and business?? are u high??
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
100million that is on a high side. Bro. travel via conference and make sure the conference is related to what you have studied or studying. While you'r there, u can enroll into a Language school while you dey huzzle. Have it in mind that it wont be easy as i learnt studies will even make working more tiring for you. But then, you can apply to visit Europe from there.. Very easy.. I helped a friend recently and he is in Germany now.. But make sure you have the right contact to get you into Korea first.. It's little difficult these days sha..

post.email:

Conference/tourist visa is C3 visa valid for 90days. Though the embassy here might issue an initial 30-day visa, you can extend to 90days at local immigration office.
But a warning: korean immigration officers know the Nigerian trick. I doubt if they will admit you into the country on a tourist visa if the conference isnt very important. First time visitors go through the investigation room before they are stamped into the country. Your "wahala" doesn't stop after you've been granted entry into Korea. Changing your visa status in Korea is hard. For D8 visa, you'd need about 100 Million Won for your FDI., and you'd have to employ a Korean, pay export taxes and file your company tax every 3 months.

In short , student visa(d4) is easy but their law makes life difficult on a student visa . Spouse visa(f2) is the best visa but which korean girl want marry "dudu" from 9ja? Well, some still marry, sha!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by bayfam(m): 8:13am On Apr 09, 2013
Thanks for all comments here... Am writing for a friend, he intend to travel to Asia via Mongolia very close to China,as he intend to enter china by train or travel to SK or Japan,pls ,he got the visa 85k thought cheap but flight ticket shld be d same as china... Is ok entering china by train from border country Mongolia? Most pple try to do business in Nigeria twice they fail reasons some tort the shld try it outside ,just like a brother suggest at d begining of dis tread. Thanks
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
bayfam: Thanks for all comments here... Am writing for a friend, he intend to travel to Asia via Mongolia very close to China,as he intend to enter china by train or travel to SK or Japan,pls ,he got the visa 85k thought cheap but flight ticket shld be d same as china... Is ok entering china by train from border country Mongolia? Most pple try to do business in Nigeria twice they fail reasons some tort the shld try it outside ,just like a brother suggest at d begining of dis tread. Thanks

Bro. your friend need a China, SK, Japan transit visas before landing in Mongolia. China would be easier to get. This is a link to help you: http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84242.htm . make sure you buy your air-ticket to the next destination which is of course Mongolia -Use Mongolia Airline (http://www.miat.com/). But mind you, when you get into Mongolia its difficult getting out except to plan to re-entry China or Russia after you have gotten your stay in Mongolia. All the best.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by bayfam(m): 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2013
@westafrica thanks for ur kind advice.... But my question is, u mean he can't buy a ticket to mongolia direct?or while the transit visa to either japan/SK... And what do u mean by if he enter mongolia he wont be able to come out again except re-enter japan or SK. Pls kindly explain.thanks
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2013
bayfam: @westafrica thanks for ur kind advice.... But my question is, u mean he can't buy a ticket to mongolia direct?or while the transit visa to either japan/SK... And what do u mean by if he enter mongolia he wont be able to come out again except re-enter japan or SK. Pls kindly explain.thanks

There is no direct flight from Nija to Mongolia. He has to transit somewhere. Some countries require you obtain a transit visa b4 embarking on your journey, others allow you to stay within the airport for the next connecting flight. If his connecting flight to Mongolia is China, Japan or SK he sure needs a transit visa and china transit visa will be easy.
Life in Mongolia is TOUGH!

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by sammie90: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
PLEASE HOUSE I NEED INFORMATION URGENTLY ON HOW TO GET AN APOSTILLE SEAL FROM THE SOUTH KOREAN EMBASSY IN LAGOS OR ABUJA AND HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET IT.
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2013
I know an acquaintance who moved from Ukraine to Korea on a Tourist visa, then he changed to a language school and his visa was converted.
igwekadillac: what type of visa is D8 and if i may ask what can one use the D8 visa for but i heard that u can extend your visa to anytime you wish to do so in korea or has it change
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by acadollar(m): 2:18am On Jul 28, 2014
Pls someone should advice me on south Korea sponsorship. For visa
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by WestAfrican: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
You mean student scholarship? Can you explain further plz tnx

[Qquote author=acadollar]Pls someone should advice me on south Korea sponsorship. For visa[/quote]
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by acadollar(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
never mind ,ave gotten my visa
Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by acadollar(m): 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Now in south korea..got questions U can ask here

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Help With Details Of South Korean Visa by FunkyAzyz(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2014
WestAfrican: Definition of English native speaker: A "native speaker of English" refers to someone who has learned and used English from early childhood. It does not necessarily mean that it is the speaker's only language, but it means it is and has been the primary means of concept formation and communication. It means having lived in a truly English-speaking culture during one's formative years, so that English has been absorbed effortlessly as by osmosis. English is our first language in Nigeria second by French we'r in same boat with South Africa. I guess South Africa is recognized because of their bilateral relationship with Korea.

I would advice you get an English teaching certificate i.e. TESOL ESL TEFL CELTA etc that would boost your chances of getting an English teaching job in Korea, Japan or China. I reside in Malaysia and i have a friend who studied English at the end, he secured a job in China after a phone interview. Sad enough he couldn't travel to China because he had some visa issues the good thing is he is presently in Bostwana and he's doing well as an English language teacher.

Well acquiring a Korean visa can be little tedious especially when you applying for tourist visa, you need to have someone inviting you. study visa is easy and education is cheap compare with Japan.

You might find this URL useful : http://www.hikorea.go/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?catSeq=401&categoryId=2&parentId=385&showMenuId=375

please I need your help on the institution to take a TEFL course because I have gone through a whole lot. I would need some advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Passenger Sues British Airways After Sitting Next To An Obese Man For 12 Hours / Canada Visa Lottery Is A Scam - Beware / 4 Nigerian Stowaways Arrested In Malaysian-Bound Cargo Vessel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.