Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (51922 Views)

Quiz: Which Is Safer, 1988 Peugeot 505 GLX Or 1988 Toyota Corolla FX? / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! / Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Dondavsonlt(m): 6:10am On Jan 07, 2013
You forgot to write "Ikenna" on the Ajaokuta Bridge...

3 Likes

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Muoweta: 6:15am On Jan 07, 2013
So enjoyed this.Thumbs Up Ikenna,u gave my 504 2000 value with this trip

2 Likes

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Exponental(m): 6:19am On Jan 07, 2013
For safety reasons, pls stop taking shots while driving...........little mistakes/ distractions cause accidents.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by elelem(m): 6:38am On Jan 07, 2013
Great job ikenna and very detailed too. To make your trip shorter in case you want to travel next time to the east. if u are travelling straight to Anambra from Abuja, when u get to Eha Alumona junction Nsukka after Obollo Afo,turn right and drive into nsukka town- ogurugu road through uzo uwani to Awkuzu junction in Anambra state . You ll get there in 38 minutes .
If you are going from Abuja to Enugu when when you get to Opi junction turn to your as if you want to go through the old road then turn o your left again you ll see the newest road to Enugu, from Opi to Enugu through the new road is about 22 minutes .

5 Likes

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by question(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2013
Nice write up.
However, Gala going and gala coming back?
But abeg chop better food next time.

1 Like

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Ikenna dawg you are a dumb fuucck man! Who drives and take ugly ass photos on busy highway? Little Mistake on wheel of your self paparazi trip could cause a bad accident endangering some reasonable folks on the road. And WTF is the purpose of this shitty thread again?

I just wasted my first year comment on this ugly ass boring shiit
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by NoContract(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2013
[size=18pt]See how wowo cars plenty for this thread.

*vomits on thread*

urgh![/size]
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by TimePiece(f): 7:08am On Jan 07, 2013
Wow!
Can't believe it wasthe first thing I did today.
And I actually finished the whole piece!
@poster, honestly, I had a good read!
Thumbs up!
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Ikenna351(m): 7:09am On Jan 07, 2013
elelem: Great job ikenna and very detailed too. To make your trip shorter in case you want to travel next time to the east. if u are travelling straight to Anambra from Abuja, when u get to Eha Alumona junction Nsukka after Obollo Afo,turn right and drive into nsukka town- ogurugu road through uzo uwani to Awkuzu junction in Anambra state . You ll get there in 38 minutes .
If you are going from Abuja to Enugu when when you get to Opi junction turn to your as if you want to go through the old road then turn o your left again you ll see the newest road to Enugu, from Opi to Enugu through the new road is about 22 minutes .

ok. Thanks.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2013
Very impressive my guy. it was almost as if I was with you on that trip. Very detailed. I know all those places. Thank God for journey mercies. Cheers!
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2013
I enjoyed d tale. I love traveLling
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by neksummi(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2013
Great job man.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 07, 2013
Wow Ikenna ‎u sure maintain dis baby,very interesting account ‎u gave of ur journey just like d white man will do.interesting!!AGU!!
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 07, 2013
Wow, intresting.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by yungboss(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2013
i knew that if this thread hits 3rd page, wayward and uncouth comments would surface...i knew people who do not have what they value would storm in. Same thing a colleague of mine does, anytime i try 2check up on something in my car, or talk about how i wanna fix up a thing or two in my car,he tells me to go get a new Toyota or Honda...
Yet sometimes when i drive him around, i point to him a Honda accord with broken off ball joint/tie-rod on the road side, a camry parked by the road, with an open bonnet, with the driver fighting with an overheated engine or standing beside the car trying to make a call through, over a problem with the car etc...
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Dreyl(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2013
wow wow wow
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Lagusta(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2013
Mr ikenna, I couldn't believe that I read this thread from the beginning to the end!!! As if I was with you traveling to the east!!! Your lion is also a masterpiece, since 1987!!!

Now I believe it is the poor maintenance culture that give cars a write-off!!

And thanks for putting the warning not to take pictures while driving on the highway!!!

2 Likes

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by mindboggler: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2013
I always enjoy reading your road trips.Never a dull moment.Keep it up
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Diligence: 7:39am On Jan 07, 2013
Lesson drawn: Maintain whateva u hv got and be proud of what u have... you can NEVER please any1 when it comes to updating your ride, etc!
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Lildrizzle(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2013
Nna u try o dem no kidnap u.1st 2 comment on my first day of registration
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by achi4u(m): 7:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Dat Igbo boy: No be small thing sha. But this time u no put ur pics again. An also I for like see that ur sister school mate since u said she is pretty, who knows I might like her.
scroll back to where he went to 6:30am mass.church.A nice pix with good height.

Happy new year Ikenna and to all nairalanders.

I.K you must be a car dealer or spare parts dealer!grin
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by kaypinchi(m): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2013
Very impressive. Welldone. I guess you should start a Road-travel blog.

2 Likes

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by WilliamCee(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2013
Nice one bro, this is one thing i like about western guys, they do things link this, i guess we are gonna call this "Keeping Up With The Kardashians Ikenna"

If this was over there, am gonna call my guy Xibit to p.i.m.p your ride, but it's all good, i enjoyed your post.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by reach4it: 8:09am On Jan 07, 2013
Wow, wow, wow, Ikenna, very interesting and educative. It was like i was with you on the journey all the way. Thumbs up man.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Cyberknight: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2013
Jucol: Wow! Impressive road trip. I was counting the number of pictures you took. I somehow lost count around 39 grin grin. Back then in 1998/99 I had one of those Peugoet 505 SR cars. I always enjoyed the to and fro Lagos - Calabar trips.

I love DO IT YOURSELF(DIY) guys. I carry all sorts of mechanical tools in my van. Saves time and lots of money.

I noticed you drive on the left lane( that should be used during overtaking), even when you are not overtaking grin grin. I guess you got carried away.

Apropos the bus driver that prevented you from overtaking, this is a very bad road habit in Nigeria. I will start a new thread to enlighten some of us on how to overtake.

Enjoy your 505, remember to change the timing belt/chain in time. I saw some warning light ON below the temperature gauge on your dash. Wonder what that is grin grin

Cheers1

Good advice. I used to own a 505, wonderful car, and it NEVER gave me any trouble except one day when I was firing down from Lagos to the East and the bloody timing belt cut and left me stranded at Asaba. I managed to locate a local mechanic who bought another belt and fixed it for me but that one too cut at Umunede and I had to tow the car to Asaba and spend the night there (and I was making such good time). In the end, when I got my mechanics to look at the car they said that the valves (whatever those are, I'm not really a mechanically minded person) had been fouled up and so forth, and so I had to make some expensive repairs which ended in my selling the car. Such a splendid beast, I've still got fond memories of it...
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Gbaka(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2013
@ Op. Very gud job. It was as if I was wt u in ur car. As 4 ur baby, tk gud
Kia of it, very rare dese days.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by agabaI23(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2013
Ikenna, thanks for taking me through your journey. Loads of valuable info.

Interesting read.
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by MANOSUB(m): 8:19am On Jan 07, 2013
Wonderful experience for you there
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by jimmyboy1010(m): 8:20am On Jan 07, 2013
Nice analysis Guy!!! I wish u journey mercy in all your trips!
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2013
nice thread.

Is there any reason you choose the dates and times that you travel on the roads? Are there security considerations in choosing those dates and times?
Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2013
elelem: Great job ikenna and very detailed too. To make your trip shorter in case you want to travel next time to the east. if u are travelling straight to Anambra from Abuja, when u get to Eha Alumona junction Nsukka after Obollo Afo,turn right and drive into nsukka town- ogurugu road through uzo uwani to Awkuzu junction in Anambra state . You ll get there in 38 minutes .

Shei you wan direct am into the den of kidnappers abi? God is watching you on 4D oh...

1 Like

Re: Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2013
Ikenna351: First, I would like to commend the Federal govenrment for making the Abuja-Lokoja highway smoother in this Xmas holiday. Those that ply that road road often will understand. At least, am not sure i saw any pothole, except few places where the road was cut off to be re-tarred. Expecially, those driving or coming back to Abuja now have their own lane to a very large extent. To be very honest, i didnt see any accident on that Abuja-Lokoja highway in this trip, both while going and coming back. Both the FRSC too lived upto their expectations, as long as that highway is concerned and as far as am concerned.

Then, Lokoja to Enugu highway was good too. I also commend the Kogi state government. Even though, i still came accross one or two bad spots, but the conditions of the raod was fair enough to me not to complain.

Unfortunatly, along Lokoja-Enugu highway, i counted like 4 VW Golf MK3 in the bush. I just kept wondering what is wrong with us. Why did i say so?

Somewhere along the Lokoja- Enugu highway, i overtook a Golf 3. Seconds later, a Golf 3 pulled off to overtake me, while overtaking me, the driver winked at me when i looked. I then noticed it was a car I just overtook seconds ago. He immediately increased speed and speed passed me. I looked at the speed i was doing, looked at the pace the Golf was fading away and shaked my head. Why would someone on a long journey want to race? Why would someone with a small city car want to compete with a family sized car designed for highway, and most importantly, for designed for speed? From the speed i was doing, i could tell that the Golf was doing 160km/h or more. People tend to forget to understand that big car or a V6 car and it supension, is designed to sock up pothole and still maintain it stability. That one sees 220km/h on its city car instrument cluster does not mean the car is safe to do such speed. At such speed that Golf was doing, how do one expect that car to react at a sharp bend or if blow out occurs?

A city car is not meant for highway. But if one must drive it on highway or travel with it, going beyond 120km/h is suicidal. Anyway, by the time i got to Obollo Affor, I saw that same Golf packed by the road side with the bonnet opened. All the occupants of the car were in front of the car with driver standing akimbo. I got closed, looked at them (with my windows up), the driver waved at me, i shaked my head and fired on. We have to live with any decision we make. Only God knew what must have happened to that engine. At least, I thanked God that it wasnt in the Bush that I saw them again.

Ikenna.
may be he was pulling a bird out of the front grill...the vw golf tdi probably, good performance, would smoke the 505 anyday anytime....and my vw jetta too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / Family Of 4 Crushed To Death On Christmas Eve By Truck; Their Chickens Survived / Range Rover Astronaut Edition Is Only For Those Who Paid ₦90m To Fly Into Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.