Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. (4749 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
anukulapo: Maintain the honour you have on NL sir. I think you should just go ahead and answer the question. I am sure many people are waiting on you so as to learn as usual.
If you continue with this beating around the bush approach, then I cannot but agree with image that you are loosing form.

What honour are you talking about? I have no honour aside that which Christ gives to me for no man can receive unless it's given to him. Weather you agree with Image123 or not is NOT the scripture point here. I have said openly I will process to answer your questions so I don't see the point that I'm beating around the bush here. You have always agree with Image123 on this matter anyway, so what's the point. Perhaps you are able to perceive I was going to expose you and Image123 to confirm your answer to my question you already answered except you want to answer for yourself and leave Image123 out of the answer you gave so he too can answer for himself. If you still want me to continue this thread with you and for the last time, I repeat my question:

Goshen360:
Is this your FINAL ANSWER or you want to call a friend (In this case, your friend Image123 but we are all friends, brothers and sisters in Christ anyway but Image123 knows I'm never afraid calling his I.D anytime, even bold it, that's the reason I'm being specific about your friend in this case... cheesy); you want to ask the audience; you want to use the lifelines or you want to use your 50/50 chance which is still available for you to re-think your answer. FINAL ANSWER or you want do any of the above

Answer the question and let's process or I quit your thread!

And the above question is in respect to my question asked in which your answer was:

anukulapo:

Okay, should a woman put scarf on or not....to cover her hair?

A direct answer to your question as pasted above is [size=20pt]YES![/size], a woman should put scarf on (as you and see evidently in all the C1 churches around you.)

Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
hehehehe
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
What do we kids do when your doing this

*squards at the corner*
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: What do we kids do when your doing this

*squards at the corner*

Don't mind o my sister. Allow us to fix ourselves. We'll soon be done.... cheesy. Sure you are enjoying the Grace of God!
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Don't mind o my sister. Allow us to fix ourselves. We'll soon be done.... cheesy. Sure you are enjoying the Grace of God!
Iam humbled by the Grace...

I will let the elders be elders then

1 Like

Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Iam humbled by the Grace...

I will let the elders be elders then

Thank you my sister. God bless you!
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
@August_Rush
One truth that You must accept is that is as bad as being religious (which you accuse me of). If a list is to be made of NLders that are knowledgeable, You'll agree with me that my name will not come up first 10 and probably first 20.

Our Lord preached and taught about the love of God but never failed to warn us about false prophets--neither did he even spare to rebuke them face to face (even so the apostles with-stood them sometimes--steven,Peter...)

The thread is just a mirrow into the life of the members C2 groups on NL that would take on anybody that dare says that women should have scarfs on. Thereby,we have seen that many of them do not practice what they teach--and worse,they trample;by way of mockery anyone that says otherwise of their teachings on NL (if you have not,please visit this source thread and see how it evolved (https://www.nairaland.com/1120261/why-christian-men-remove-cap)

Your kind of post have been cloak for brother Goshen to wrap up himself in his inability to accept that he practice just opposite of what he affirms and lead people to believe as concerning this head covering doctrine. Even at that,I will still praise him again for confessing that "I do not wear hat/cap but if I do..."

However,i will encourage you to take brother Goshen's counsel as posted below
"...as much as I see some good points you have said, let us also take as we are trashing out some issues of our faith perhaps we can expose somethings hidden".

Find the truth (in all things concerning godliness) and hold on to it;even in the face of ridicle. be yoked with the right yoke than to be set at a so called "liberty" and despise sound doctrines. See 2 tim 4:1 - 4.

Be encouraged in the truth.

Stay blessed.

@Brother Goshen,
I am sure that in the course of the many teachings you and other knowledgeable NLder have been dishing, you would have seen people who strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. Well...

I am still shocked at your approach to this thread and the question it raises. I am seeing it as though you have brought yourself out (on this thread) so much that you just can't walk away anymore. So for your sake,I will not answer your prankish question (since you said you would quit the thread if I don"t give my final answer--i want to use this to open a small window of this thread for you to "sneak out" if you want to grin grin grin).

You are not omniscient you know? and this is a public thread and ofcourse would be on NL's Dbase forever. If you quit,please,leave a "quit note" on your way out cool and shake another C2 tag team member (preferably brother frosbel) to come and help you C2 out.

I am sure even Logicboy can see the truth in this logical shocking question i posted to you all.

Till I hear from you again.

Cheers
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
the premises of the eternity of the Dbases and the elderlike pants-pulling exercise.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
anukulapo:

@Brother Goshen,
I am sure that in the course of the many teachings you and other knowledgeable NLder have been dishing, you would have seen people who strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. Well...

I am still shocked at your approach to this thread and the question it raises. I am seeing it as though you have brought yourself out (on this thread) so much that you just can't walk away anymore. So for your sake,I will not answer your prankish question (since you said you would quit the thread if I don"t give my final answer--i want to use this to open a small window of this thread for you to "sneak out" if you want to grin grin grin).

You are not omniscient you know? and this is a public thread and ofcourse would be on NL's Dbase forever. If you quit,please,leave a "quit note" on your way out cool and shake another C2 tag team member (preferably brother frosbel) to come and help you C2 out.

I am sure even Logicboy can see the truth in this logical shocking question i posted to you all.

Till I hear from you again.

Cheers

Okay! Since you do not understand my style and perhaps you 'perceive' like I said, I was up to something with this thread. Weather you accuse me of 'thinking' I'm omniscience is your own assumption. You people think you're right in what you know also so there's no point telling another man he thinks he's omniscience.

That being said, let me get to the matter as I take it that you gave your final answer that a woman must still wear scarf or something else to cover her hair. How then do you explain this verse since the bible says something but you are the very one saying something different that scarf is still needed.

King James Version (KJV)
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
But wearing long hair is a woman’s honor. Long hair is given to the woman [size=15pt]to cover her head.[/size]

Darby Translation (DARBY)
But woman, if she have long hair, [it is] glory to her; for the long hair is given [to her] in lieu of a veil.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Doesn’t it teach you that it is a woman’s pride to wear her hair long? Her hair is given to her in place of a covering.

Good News Translation (GNT)
but on a woman it is a thing of beauty. Her long hair has been given her to serve as a covering.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
11-16 Of course, in the sight of God neither “man” nor “woman” has any separate existence. For if woman was made originally for man, no man is now born except by a woman, and both man and woman, like everything else, owe their existence to God. But use your own judgment, do you think it right and proper for a woman to pray to God bare-headed? Isn’t there a natural principle here, that makes us feel that long hair is disgraceful to a man, but of glorious beauty to a woman? We feel this because the long hair is the cover provided by nature for the woman’s head. But if anyone wants to be argumentative about it, I can only say that we and the churches of God generally hold this ruling on the matter.

Knox Bible (KNOX)
when a woman grows her hair long, it is an added grace to her? That is because her hair has been given her to take the place of a veil.

1 Corinthians 11:15

Now, since you claim that someone 'thinks' he is omniscience because he doesn't agree with your 'religious' interpretation of scripture and you said, "Yes, a woman still needs to use scarf to cover her hair" BUT this scripture provided above proves otherwise - so who is lying You or scriptures . I said from the beginning that the passage isn't talking about to wear or not to wear in worship places but you said otherwise in your 'C1 religious' interpretations.

Now, kindly tell us or explain how you come to conclude in your 'C1 religious' interpretation that a woman still need scarf to cover her hair WHEN the scripture INDEED SPECIFIED 'THE HAIR IS GIVEN AS A COVER(ING) FOR HER HEAD

I'm waiting
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Image123: the premises of the eternity of the Dbases and the elderlike pants-pulling exercise.

what happened to them sir? Be explicit please.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
@Goshen

You are so cunny in your way. I give it to you. let me say in the part A of solving this issue (the scripture part) you have done excellently (I choose to give it to you).

Now to the part B which is practicing what you preach.

Let me use logic to explain it (so that even athiest and everyother reader;skilled or unskilled in the scripture) can understand my question to you.
Maybe we(rather you) will need the help of logicboy to simplify the logic of what I am asking you grin.

logic:
If A. Covering=hair
Then B. Covering ≠ cap/veil.
And C. Long hair(covering) = (for) women
So D. Short hair = (for) men

If the above holds true,So it can be established that the issue is not about cap/veil but about long/short hair.

The hair being the covering is the bases for C2 women being free to use veil/hat OR not use veil/hat.

If the above statement be TRUE, and The logical explaination above (A,B,C,D) be TRUE also;

Question 1: Why then do men in C2 not dress freely and commonly with caps on as it fits their attire? (so that it would be as evident as it is in C1 that women are always on scarfs/hats)

Answer this and answer the 4 other question you have refused to answer since ELSE, I also stop responding to your post and leave readers to judge from the quality of our debates.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
chei.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
anukulapo: @Goshen

You are so cunny in your way. I give it to you. let me say in the part A of solving this issue (the scripture part) you have done excellently (I choose to give it to you).

Now to the part B which is practicing what you preach.

Let me use logic to explain it (so that even athiest and everyother reader;skilled or unskilled in the scripture) can understand my question to you.
Maybe we(rather you) will need the help of logicboy to simplify the logic of what I am asking you grin.

logic:
If A. Covering=hair
Then B. Covering ≠ cap/veil.
And C. Long hair(covering) = (for) women
So D. Short hair = (for) men

If the above holds true,So it can be established that the issue is not about cap/veil but about long/short hair.

The hair being the covering is the bases for C2 women being free to use veil/hat OR not use veil/hat.

If the above statement be TRUE, and The logical explaination above (A,B,C,D) be TRUE also;

Question 1: Why then do men in C2 not dress freely and commonly with caps on as it fits their attire? (so that it would be as evident as it is in C1 that women are always on scarfs/hats)

Answer this and answer the 4 other question you have refused to answer since ELSE, I also stop responding to your post and leave readers to judge from the quality of our debates.

I cannot but laugh at you and your religious logic again. Again, you accuse me of being cunny and dodging same question you've also refused to answer. In your own words, you just said "Yes, women are still required to wear scarf" which in this case to your C1 religious interpretation of the whole passage BUT scripture specifically say what the covering TO THE HEAD of a woman is. I 'thought' we are to use scriptures-to-explain scriptures but since you have brought in logic and equation, permit me to 'logically and equationly' align scriptures for you - just in case you are still confused by your own very equation(s) and logic. Lemme me confuse you the more by this equation(s) also using same logic and equation(s) by what Apostle Paul gave us at the beginning of that passage to solve the equations/C1-C2 religious interpretation wahala:

1 Corinthians 11:3

Head of man = Christ........equ. 1
Head of women = man.........equ. 2
Head of Christ = God........equ. 3
Now, the verse 15 says "woman have (long) hair to cover her head".............equ. 4

Substitute equation 2 into equation 4, what do you have?......Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN

This makes logical sense to you right ...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Since you decided to expose yourself and not me exposing you yet; I think it will make logic and equation sense how you come to conclusion that scarf is still needed by women even when scripture says the hair is what's been given to cover her head instead. You will also need to explain how when a man wear cap/hat = wearing it on Christ because from equation (1), the head of man = Christ.

anukulapo:

And please, I don't want you to run away, leave or stop responding to YOUR OWN thread because it's getting interesting now and I still have more in stock for you. Please don't leave and don't stop responding. This is good stuff, No

The title of your thread says, "Take It Personal...." and I've 'decided' to take it 'personal' now. I hope you'll respect my 'personal decision' to take it 'personal' and also 'honour' your thread. Please don't tell me you want to leave o. I beg you, please stay and let's finish this equationS/C1,C2 issues! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
this exercise is exercising.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 10:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Now, the verse 15 says "woman have (long) hair to cover her head".............equ. 4

Substitute equation 2 into equation 4, what do you have?......Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN

This is a never ending story titled "stucked with goshen".

Na applied maths you study for primary school? grin

this your equation na strong hold oooo cheesy Let me attemp it.

Substituting equation 2 into equation 4, "woman have (long) hair to cover her head man"......Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN

The new equation will be "woman have (long) hair to cover her man"--- I am still trying to understand this new equation you want me to form from your own logic o.... grin grin grin

"Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN"---Na this your own equation i no come understand. A covering for her husband? like a duvet grin grin grin
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
1) Do all women in your church have scarfs/veils/hat on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

2) Do all men in your church have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

3) Do you, Bro Goshen (as a man) always have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church."

** If your answer to question 3 is NO, please answer question 3b**

3b) Do you sometimes have cap/hat on during or all through the worship service in your church--maybe by a reason of the attire you have on.

I repeat my question from my recent post as number 4.
4) Why then do men in C2 not dress freely and commonly with caps on as it fits their attire? (so that it would be as evident as it is in C1 that women are always on scarfs/hats)

Have mercy on this thread Goshen cry answer these questions so that i can cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
anukulapo:

This is a never ending story titled "stucked with goshen".

Na applied maths you study for primary school? grin

this your equation na strong hold oooo cheesy Let me attemp it.

Substituting equation 2 into equation 4, "woman have (long) hair to cover her head man"......Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN

The new equation will be "woman have (long) hair to cover her man"--- I am still trying to understand this new equation you want me to form from your own logic o.... grin grin grin

"Long hair is given to a woman as a cover for her MAN"---Na this your own equation i no come understand. A covering for her husband? like a duvet grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin..........I laugh so tay I no know when my laughter carry me reach Niaja and before I know it, my laughter carry me back to America......... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I thought you can solve simple equation from the word of God by your logic and C1-C2 religious interpretation. I'm happy I'm not the ONLY one reading and laughing at you. So I gave you clue to solve simple equation but you suddenly became stranded. That's unbelievable! This is because you've NOT accepted what scripture itself says but rather you want to import your own 'assumption' into scripture. Scripture says, women NEED no scarf but you 'assume or import' that since it say women should 'cover their hair', so scripture 'must' be talking about scarf. Thank God we have 'specific' mention of what's meant, people like you will always read 'religious' interpretation into our scriptures.

In fact, I'm even doing my best to explain and stay on this thread against scriptural instruction that, if anyone wants to argue this, neither we (the Apostles) nor the CHURCHES OF GOD have such custom. You can see I'm even going beyond scriptural limits just because I want to honour your thread.

Anyway, take yourself out of the 'religious' interpretation you're giving to that passage because it's not talking about to wear or not to wear physical stuffs such as hat/cap or scarf my women or not to wear because different background of people BY CUSTOM or TRADITION, some do wear and some don't in the bible (E.g, The Jewish Christians wear cap but the Roman Christian don't etc) days BUT Apostle Paul said, the Churches of God and the Apostles DO NOT HAVE SUCH CUSTOM and it shouldn't be an argumentative issue. I'm sure when you start seeing me ministering on T.V and I wear cap/hat while preaching, your 'religious' mind will tell you I'm misleading people such as you have assumed here on this thread right? Anyway, you'll be fine!
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2013
anukulapo: 1) Do all women in your church have scarfs/veils/hat on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

2) Do all men in your church have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church? By that i mean is it an obtainable general standard in your church?

3) Do you, Bro Goshen (as a man) always have hat/cap on all through your worship service in your church."

** If your answer to question 3 is NO, please answer question 3b**

3b) Do you sometimes have cap/hat on during or all through the worship service in your church--maybe by a reason of the attire you have on.

I repeat my question from my recent post as number 4.
4) Why then do men in C2 not dress freely and commonly with caps on as it fits their attire? (so that it would be as evident as it is in C1 that women are always on scarfs/hats)

Have mercy on this thread Goshen cry answer these questions so that i can cheesy cheesy cheesy

I have given a summary or general answer to ALL these your questions in my post above but if you're not clear or satisfied, kindly let me know and answer each questions accordingly in the order you've asked them BUT in that case, if I'm to answer each questions separately (that's if you're not satisfied with the general answer I gave above), I WONT ANSWER BASED ON WHAT IS OBTAINABLE IN MY CHURCH BUT WHAT IS OBTAINABLE FROM THE SCRIPTURES because my church is not the standard but scriptures is; because I can see that all your questions are penned down to what's obtainable in my (church) worship gathering.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2013
I am not clear sir wink. You have been using too many words for just "4" direct questions angry undecided. Many of the questions just requires a YES/NO (with little explaination like mine as seen from the quote below). Be bold to give your answer with direct and little explaination if need be.

anukulapo:
A direct answer to your question as pasted above is YES!, a woman should put scarf on (as you and see evidently in all the C1 churches around you.)

I will be so blessed if you provide direct answers to the questions.

As for this "I WONT ANSWER BASED ON WHAT IS OBTAINABLE IN MY CHURCH BUT WHAT IS OBTAINABLE FROM THE SCRIPTURES..." I reserve my comment till after you have given answers to my questions. grin grin
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 16, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay! Since you do not understand my style and perhaps you 'perceive' like I said, I was up to something with this thread. Weather you accuse me of 'thinking' I'm omniscience is your own assumption. You people think you're right in what you know also so there's no point telling another man he thinks he's omniscience.

That being said, let me get to the matter as I take it that you gave your final answer that a woman must still wear scarf or something else to cover her hair. How then do you explain this verse since the bible says something but you are the very one saying something different that scarf is still needed.

King James Version (KJV)
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

But wearing long hair is a woman’s honor. Long hair is given to the woman [size=15pt]to cover her head.[/size]

But woman, if she have long hair, [it is] glory to her; for the long hair is given [to her] in lieu of a veil.

Doesn’t it teach you that it is a woman’s pride to wear her hair long? Her hair is given to her in place of a covering.

but on a woman it is a thing of beauty. Her long hair has been given her to serve as a covering.

11-16 Of course, in the sight of God neither “man” nor “woman” has any separate existence. For if woman was made originally for man, no man is now born except by a woman, and both man and woman, like everything else, owe their existence to God. But use your own judgment, do you think it right and proper for a woman to pray to God bare-headed? Isn’t there a natural principle here, that makes us feel that long hair is disgraceful to a man, but of glorious beauty to a woman? We feel this because the long hair is the cover provided by nature for the woman’s head. But if anyone wants to be argumentative about it, I can only say that we and the churches of God generally hold this ruling on the matter.

Knox Bible (KNOX)
when a woman grows her hair long, it is an added grace to her? That is because her hair has been given her to take the place of a veil.

Now, since you claim that someone 'thinks' he is omniscience because he doesn't agree with your 'religious' interpretation of scripture and you said, "Yes, a woman still needs to use scarf to cover her hair" BUT this scripture provided above proves otherwise - so who is lying You or scriptures . I said from the beginning that the passage isn't talking about to wear or not to wear in worship places but you said otherwise in your 'C1 religious' interpretations.

Now, kindly tell us or explain how you come to conclude in your 'C1 religious' interpretation that a woman still need scarf to cover her hair WHEN the scripture INDEED SPECIFIED 'THE HAIR IS GIVEN AS A COVER(ING) FOR HER HEAD

I'm waiting
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 16, 2013
Goshen360:

King James Version (KJV)

Knox Bible (KNOX)

I'm waiting
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:47am On Jan 16, 2013
anukulapo: Appearance is A matter of choice but covering has always been a matter of doctrine debate.

"...but the bible didn't say so."--this is still subject to debate among we christians.

I just want to know if you put on hat/cap in church during service and if men in your church do (including the pastor).

Pope
and bishops wear cap. It's just costumes.--A religious costume that they will not by choice come on the altar without--no,not by choice. They'll always have something on their head.
d ones i knw must remove their caps at a certain point during worship
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:49am On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Men are not allowed to wear anything except their hair and it must be really short...a man who keeps long hair,braided or dreadlocks is a disgrace among us

As for us woman we can do as we please to our hair grin grin

Just saying
hahaha, did u miss ur bible study? Long hair is not d disgrace for men, femine braids is d disgrace
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2013
@Goshen. So surprised how u lifted Vs 15 and left vs 3-14. That's private interpetation which u hardly do hence my surprise. The vs 15 is never a coonclusion but a premise. Paul argued based on 3 major points why a woman should use a veil not (hair as a covering) that u said. The issue is simply about 'wearing' not 'having'. 'for if a woman will not veil herself then she should cut off her hair but if it is disgraceful for a woman too be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil' vs 6rsv. If the hair is the covering, then the phrase 'let her cut off her hair'should not occur again otherwise he would be saying the same thing.
This is what paul was saying- a woman needs to have a veil on her head cos
1.Naturally, God gave them a covering of hair hence they have long hairs vs 14. The reason is cos they were created 2nd hence they should be under authourity. Based on that nature, a woman should support(agree)with what nature gives and use a veil. Vs 5. If u won't use a veil, go and have a shave by that we will know u don't support God's natural ordination.
2. He said cos of angels vs 10. What is the significance of that? Its simply cos they too are in a covered position and in place of submission. Automatically, anyone who does not cover her head using a veil is seen as a rebel. How did the angel covered their heads? Isa 6:2, they covered their faces and their feet cos they are in submission.
3.Propriety: judge for usself if its proper. Paul couldn't have been talking of hair as a covering cos naturally they know it is a shame not to have a long hair and I am sure that wasn't the problem. Rebekah after sighting isaac had to have a veil on her head to show submission which is a replica of paul was saying. Traditions of the jews too support the veiling of a woman to show submission hence he was saying we don't have that kind of custom neither the churches of God vs 16.
For those insisting that it was the hair meant for covering, why should that be an issue if it was something they had been doing before? Why should the word 'cover' even be used at all instead of 'grow or have'. If I say, cover your head, does it mean its a feat that can be achieved in a minute or months? If its the former, then it can't be hair as a covering rather than veil. He was just emphasing that when u use a veil, its not ur hair that is really covered but ur head.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 11:08am On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: d ones i knw must remove their caps at a certain point during worship

At a "certain" point you say--if it is done universally in the RCC,it would mean the moment (what ever the moment signifies) requires such (removing of their caps).

Well,I don't know much about the RCC doctrines but thanks all the same. I was only responding to Joagbaje's comment about it being a costume and I made further comments.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Image123(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2013
i see there is still hope and light on nairaland. good work
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Goshen360(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
anukulapo: I am not clear sir wink. You have been using too many words for just "4" direct questions angry undecided. Many of the questions just requires a YES/NO (with little explaination like mine as seen from the quote below). Be bold to give your answer with direct and little explaination if need be.

I will be so blessed if you provide direct answers to the questions.

As for this "I WONT ANSWER BASED ON WHAT IS OBTAINABLE IN MY CHURCH BUT WHAT IS OBTAINABLE FROM THE SCRIPTURES..." I reserve my comment till after you have given answers to my questions. grin grin

I can't understand why you are so keen or demanding on direct answers without any biblical explanations. Oh, you just want me to say what you want to hear or what you don't like to hear. Anyway, like I said earlier, I will treat this subject with biblical explanation and not what is obtainable in traditions of men.

@ rhemaplus,

I have read what you wrote. However, to 'think' I only lifted verse 15 only and concluded I did private interpretation. Well, I won't put it to you as a quick judgment because you don't know I was gonna handle this thread with verse by verse explanations and then we can learn the truth of weather what has been taught to us was tradition of men or we have to prove the truth by ourselves. I hope you will stay with this thread to the end.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2013
anukulapo: At a "certain" point you say--if it is done universally in the RCC,it would mean the moment (what ever the moment signifies) requires such (removing of their caps).
Well,I don't know much about the RCC doctrines but thanks all the same. I was only responding to Joagbaje's comment about it being a costume and I made further comments.
sorry i was nickpicking.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: hahaha, did u miss ur bible study? Long hair is not d disgrace for men, femine braids is d disgrace
I forgot we only meet wen it comes to appearance

Happy new year
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by anukulapo: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Goshen360:

I can't understand why you are so keen or demanding on direct answers without any biblical explanations. Oh, you just want me to say what you want to hear or what you don't like to hear. Anyway, like I said earlier, I will treat this subject with biblical explanation and not what is obtainable in traditions of men.

I am not ruling out scripture authority. I am only saying no matter the scripture you try to explain,we won't be at accord because the end of your explaination will be opposite of mine.

It is simple,direct answers to the questions will be the practice of what you believe from the interpretations you get from the scripture.

I am not surprised that you can't give answers to the question raised. By now, many readers must have seen the trend from your post that you can't answer the questions because...

Let me not distract you abeg, can you answer the questions and proceed to justifying your stand (the answers to the question) by your biblical explaination? That's fair enought. Otherwise lipsrsealed
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I forgot we only meet wen it comes to appearance

Happy new year
same to u! What is d meaning of d above "we alway meet wen it comes to appearance" if you gat sumtin against me then spit it out, i dont like d tune.
Re: Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: same to u! What is d meaning of d above "we alway meet wen it comes to appearance" if you gat sumtin against me then spit it out, i dont like d tune.

https://www.nairaland.com/1094459/should-christian-women-wear-pants

That's how I got to get a glimpse on u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Influential Man Ever On Earth / How Moderate Religion Helps Terrorist Groups / Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.