Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. (10151 Views)

Why Do Majority Of Yoruba Claim Lagos As State Of Origin. / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by SamAfrik(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2013
I dont see that happenin soon. Its like ANC wanting to capture Western Cape frm DA in 2015. These pple enjoy their independence frm centre power.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by geeez: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2013
It's always Lagos sha! It's even more important to the Igbos that they capture Lagos than the presidency. I repsect OBJ but sir, PDP can't and won't rule Lagos
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Ayorh4you(m): 7:26am On Jan 06, 2013
Dotman01: when are u guys going to grow up?

M.U̶̲̥̅̊.m.U̶̲̥̅̊! Datz wat U̶̲̥̅̊ are
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by cr8v(f): 7:33am On Jan 06, 2013
The way PDP governors are dying and going sick is what I can't explain.

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by mu2sa2: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2013
Obasanjo's "strategy for winning" simply means to rig the election. But ACN are also master riggers. Come 2015 we shall see who out-rigs the other in Lagos governorship between PDP and ACN.

1 Like

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2013
PDP can take over Lagos if they wish, ACN is a part of PDP and PDP is just letting them rule most of the SW states cause they have an agreement to deliver votes for PDP at federal level, Tinubu knows himself very well and he knows his paymasters so all this noise about PDP vs ACN everyday are just mere cover up.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by smartg(m): 7:48am On Jan 06, 2013
No doubt, people are already praying to God for a better party to substitute ACN as far as lagos is concern, PDP could b the one, no body knows. Its not that people are not going to vote for other parties apart 4rm pdp but in comparing the pass products of PDP nd ACN, that is, Goodluck Jonathan and Obasanjo of PDP with Fashola and Tinumbu of ACN who will you like to vote for. The only thing i know that can affect PDP is "promise and fail" while the only thing that can affect ACN is "over reaction and merciless". The people are watching and lagosians are not fools.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by jaymichael(m): 7:50am On Jan 06, 2013
donsax: Well 5th to comment now I can take my peaceful slumber.
Wetin you comment?
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by jaymichael(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2013
iamtheprincipal: PDP capturing Lagos for now is impossible.
the only thing that is impossible is for GOD to stop being GOD.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by jaymichael(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2013
kingoflag:

Why are you guys so fixated on whats happening in Lagos, havent you seen pictures of Aba lately or arent you ashamed?
Aba ke! people still dey live there?
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by madejibo: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2013
In Yoruba this means Iya laya Obasanjo ko Le gba Eko ni owo ACN. They can all go to hell for all I care
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2013
If Obasanjo couldn't win Lagos when he was in power with his do or die politics, its hard to believe he can do it now that he's a farmer and no more in power. In his hey days as President, he used his position then to decide who was Governor and who was not in most of the states. If he couldn't take Lagos then in 1999 or 2003, I don't see him doing so in 2013. No, its a hollow dream.

1 Like

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by earthgreeners(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Singing in KWAM 1's voice
Ki loruko egbe wa oo
Action Congress, egbe o ni gbale
original afenifere!!!

GBAM !!!
ACN is Lagos, Lagos is ACN

Tell the igbo boys to focus their energy on Abia and Anambra...
PDP is full of shi.t

As its stands SW might become a 2party region ACN vs LP
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by earthgreeners(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2013
geeez: It's always Lagos sha! It's even more important to the Igbos that they capture Lagos than the presidency. I repsect OBJ but sir, PDP can't and won't rule Lagos

exactly
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2013
IF THE BAN OF OKADA ON LINKING ROADS PERSISTS; IF THE THREATENED DEMOLITION OF KATANGUA MARKET IS EVENTUALLY CARRIED OUT; IF THE TOLLING ON 2ND TOLL GATE OF LEKKI EPE EXPRESSWAY IS EVENTUALLY CONSUMATED; & SO ON & SO FORTH, THEN SOMETHING MAY HAPPEN
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by ajasa4link: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2013
I just hate this kind of empty boast from a party that keeps losing popularity everyday.... I think pdp may take over lagos if they decide to go grassroot and really get to the people and let them in on what they have to offer which will really boost their chances.... For example,the reduction of lasu fees and some other good things should be on their list and topmost of all they should present a credible candidate not someone who tinuba can call a thief in public and still challenge him to sue him if he thinks its not true.(this was why i never voted ade dosunmu).... If pdp can really do their homework in alimosho,epe and badagry which is already a pdp domain,then acn may just be packing out of lagos in 2015....maybe!
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by drlaykay(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2013
Feed me more: I don't give a hoot whoever wins Lagos as long as the part/person delivers.

My 2 cents.
That's why u shud support ACN cos PDP can NEVER rule well.they are bunch of thieves

1 Like

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Joshcoli(m): 9:02am On Jan 06, 2013
From the way ACN is handling lagos, ACN has a great job in convincing lagosians to vote for them, I just dey sit down dey watch

1 Like

Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2013
Whoever wins I don't care,all I want is the person should deliver on his campaign promises. We want actions,not words.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by juman(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2013
This is a challenge to the PDP.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by young9ja(m): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2013
ceejay80s: Weda na PDP or ACN or NRC or SDP. all i know is that all of dem na thieves, criminals, murderers, they are not after their salary but the money wey dem go thief, embezzle, etc, lets make a law say, any governor,senate, house of rep etc go earn 1M per month and any of dem wey dem catch stealling, embezlling etc will be sentenced to death. I tell u, no body go contest
the world will end b4 2015 ok
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by gratiaeo(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2013
ajasa4link: I just hate this kind of empty boast from a party that keeps losing popularity everyday.... I think pdp may take over lagos if they decide to go grassroot and really get to the people and let them in on what they have to offer which will really boost their chances.... For example,the reduction of lasu fees and some other good things should be on their list and topmost of all they should present a credible candidate not someone who tinuba can call a thief in public and still challenge him to sue him if he thinks its not true.(this was why i never voted ade dosunmu).... If pdp can really do their homework in alimosho,epe and badagry which is already a pdp domain,then acn may just be packing out of lagos in 2015....maybe!
Nawaa this is serious ooh, Imagine Tinubu calling somebody a thief in the public, it means that the guy is a bigger thief
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2013
Twenty Tinubu's can't claim Aso Rock form PDP.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2013
Roland17: I wish PDP would concentrate the amount of energy they dissipate in their quest to capture Lagos on reducing corruption, curbing security lapses, unemployment, lack of social amenities and other scourges that have bedeviled our dear nation....

Its been 14 years of Federal Control.. Nigerians deserve better than this.
Well said they want to spoil Lagos beyond repair
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Duduconfirm: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2013
If care IƧ̷̜̌̋ not thoroughly taken by ACN they won't get that seat and PDP won't either. It hightime we started voting for personality not party
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Duduconfirm: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2013
If care is not thoroughly taken by ACN they won't get that seat and PDP won't either. It hightime we started voting for personality not party. But frankly speaking PDP is not an option
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by lolop(m): 10:02am On Jan 06, 2013
Lagosians are just suffering in silence

A government that has not been able to provide a lasting solution to the traffic situation in the state,since the ban of okada

A dictatorial Government.

What is the responsiblity of government when we still pay toll gate on Roads

ACN is in lagos never again we are waiting till 2015 to vote them out.
Am not a politician
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by Leofric(m): 10:08am On Jan 06, 2013
daddy obj,is sumone to recon with in nigerian politics,he knws how to tackle political enemies,even though its nt 2015,yet but other parties get afraid wen he talk or hold political meeting,i think he has big plans for next election.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by ajasa4link: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2013
gratiaeo:
Nawaa this is serious ooh, Imagine Tinubu calling somebody a thief in the public, it means that the guy is a bigger thief
abi o...let me quote what tinubu said then in yoruba ' ole ni won,ade dosunmu ti won ni ke dibo fun emi ni mo yo nise nitori o jale. O ji owo ni NIMASA ni mo se yo nise. Eje ki o wa pe mi lejo ti moba ba lorukoje' meaning* ade dosunmu that is seeking ur vote is a thief. I sacked him at NIMASA because he stole money. If anybody thinks its defamation,let him institute an action against me*... Itwas on live tv,ait precisely and i was like,dosunmu pls sue this guy's a.ss but u knw he didn't so he just lost some votes including mine to this allegation which he didn't refute.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by pacelink(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2013
ceejee u re right dey re all theif.
Re: 10 Obasanjos Cant Claim Lagos From ACN. by rajiade: 10:40am On Jan 06, 2013
Even if PDP take over from CAN come 2015, what can they do better than what Fashola has done?
1. Allow Okada riders back on highways?
2. Allow taffic/rascals back on Oshodi?
3. Re-erect demolished houses on road paths or flood path?
4. Allow traders back on road side?
5. Remove toll along tolled roads and destroy the roads or pay contractors with state allocation (coupled with the 50b owed by the fed govt for maintenance of fed roads? )

Fashola has already set records/standards that would make Lagos difficult to rule for a very weak and dull successor.
Who ever cannot beat Fashola's foresight, articulation, discipline, determination and governance should not even contest in 2015.

Because the same set of people who are crying and agitating for Fashola's exit would agitate for the crucifixion of that person.

NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT SET OF PEOPLE TO RULE AND SATISFY. Because we are hypocrite and not ready for any change.

Name the best president of any nation since the inception of the World. If that person should rule Nigeria, he would either have problems, or 85% or Nigerians would choose to run away from Nigeria. Because we desire changes and good things, but we are never ready to accept/or endure the coming of those changes.

IF people can complain about the achievements of Fashola/Tinubu (they are not saints O, but better than any other political leader who have served since 1999), while leaving out PDP leaders, then I don't see who else Nigerians won't rise against.

And that is the reason why we may never grow or develop beyond our present state till the coming of JESUS!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Offers Amnesty To Ghost Workers In Ebonyi / Osun 2022: Lasun Yusuf Joins Labour Party / Economic Hardship: Nigerians Will Smile Soon, Says Edun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.