Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (15154 Views)

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Femi Gbajabiamila, ACN Role Model, Is A Felon In The USA / ACN Governors Are Fake Progressives - Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Biggyd2: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2012
Jonathan, A Trainee President - ACN •ACN Only Celebrates People’s Tragedies - PDP

THE Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has described President Goodluck Jonathan as a trainee president.
In a statement issued in Ilorin on Tuesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party wondered how else one can describe the administration’s lack of capacity to be proactive or respond in a timely and robust manner to the recent catalogue of woes and national calamities.

In the opinion of the party, the continued bungling of the Boko Haram insurgency which is harvesting more deaths almost on a daily basis, the unstoppable carnage on the Nigerian roads, the executive somersaults of the administration on policy issues, and in general the slow, unfocused and uncertain responses of government to issues depict a government on internship.

According to the ACN, the closure of the Lokoja-Abuja highway which has cut off Abuja, the federal capital city due to flooding of roads and bridges on the Abuja-Lokoja highway, signposts the extent of the country’s decayed national infrastructure and exposes the incapable hands entrusted to salvage them.

However, even worse is the fact that the president has not deemed it fit to comment on this disaster, neither has there been any visit by a federal minister or any co-ordinated response to the disaster from the central government, the ACN statement said.
On a weekend of multiple disasters such as the Lokoja flooding, the bomb blast in Bauchi, and the two weeks of non-stop flooding all around the country, the ACN alleged that the president’s handlers showed more concern in informing Nigerians about President Jonathan’s trip to the United Nations General Assembly summit than explaining or proposing a co-ordinated response to these calamities.

The disposition of President Jonathan’s administration to the welfare of Nigerians, the ACN said, confirmed the widely held belief that the welfare or well-being of Nigerians is definitely not a priority to his government, otherwise why could the president not find time to visit even by helicopter the disaster zones to at least give hope to the victims or their relations, the party queried.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48198-jonathan-a-trainee-president-acn-acn-only-celebrates-peoples-tragedies-pdp

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by DuduNegro: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2012
I cant wait for the intern to issue a response. .....its going to be a lecture on "tiny" islands. let's watch.... cool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by omiobo: 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Trainee president..... Mogbe! Jonathan don suffer!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
Very unfortunate that parties in Nigeria resort to this wasteful bickering. Jonathan may not have issued a response (we do not know,), and YES I won't condone it because there were victims, however, calling him a trainee president is just ridic. Do you go on some special presidential training and certification to become a president?

IMO, I just think ACN is just seeking attention and are trying to capitalize or should I say take advantage of the situation. ACN is as bad as PDD, perfect case of pot calling kettle black. undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by 2mch(m): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
grin grin grin grin

*Shots fired*

This one na proper yab.

I like opposition and counter opposition battles. PDP is really getting screwed daily by ACN. They cannot sleep at all, otherwise the newspaper heading the next day will even be more toxic. grin grin grin cheesy. Continue the pressure please. cool

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by admcompub: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Indeed, a trainee President, at the end of his tenure in office, he will become a Professional Leader and will prove it in his next four year term in office as the President, and Commander in-Chief of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by mengi: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2012
me.ning b4 2015, he would ve m.stered the process. by 2015 he will become better.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
I want to do my IT as Nigerian president after GEJ.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by solomon111(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Gej would do well,by not stooping to the level of this talkative Yoruba party.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
ACN!

Always on point.

In the opinion of the party, the continued bungling of the Boko Haram insurgency which is harvesting more deaths almost on a daily basis, the unstoppable carnage on the Nigerian roads, the executive somersaults of the administration on policy issues, and in general the slow, unfocused and uncertain responses of government to issues depict a government on internship.

This part got me crack my ribs

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by rexpet: 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Where is the trainning ground? And who is the trainner.... Wonder they say has ended. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by safarigirl(f): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
And I'm guessing their candidate, Nuhu Ribadu, is tested and trusted? GEJ may be clueless, but Ribadu is no veteran in this position either. And let's be real, PDP would've attacked ACN if it was the other way around like we see in the SW.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by fm7070: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
ACN is not on point.
Who is 'Expert President'?
When OBJ was there, people called him names, now he's an hero
GEJ is trying his best. At least, I can see some level of transparency, sincerity and improvement in his governance.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by SlyIg(f): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
Is ACN better? Birds of the same feathers ... Make i hear word joor. Na who dey better for politics!
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by ladylucky: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
And Asiwaju Bola Tiefnubu is a trainee dictator

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by crackhouse(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
Still undergoing the President Trainee programme? When is he going to be well trained pls?.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life: Very unfortunate that parties in Nigeria resort to this wasteful bickering. Jonathan may not have issued a response (we do not know,), and YES I won't condone it because there were victims, however, calling him a trainee president is just ridic. Do you go on some special presidential training and certification to become a president?

IMO, I just think ACN is just seeking attention and are trying to capitalize or should I say take advantage of the situation. ACN is as bad as PDD, perfect case of pot calling kettle black. undecided undecided

Should they have called him an expert president?
Sentiments aside, GEJ wasn't prepared for where he found himself. The Nigerian presidency is not where you learn on the job. The most annoying thing about GEJ is that his mind is set on contesting 2015 elections when he is yet to prove to Nigerians that he deserves another term.
I think ACN calling him trainee president is just being modest.

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
admcompub: Indeed, a trainee President, at the end of his tenure in office, he will become a Professional Leader and will prove it in his next four year term in office as the President, and Commander in-Chief of Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Tell me you have gotten your own laptop.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Bawss1(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
manny4life: Very unfortunate that parties in Nigeria resort to this wasteful bickering. Jonathan may not have issued a response (we do not know,), and YES I won't condone it because there were victims, however, calling him a trainee president is just ridic. Do you go on some special presidential training and certification to become a president?

Funny

What do you think the opposition party should be doing if not taking pot shots like this?

And you admit that PDP and by extension the president is bad.
grin
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
solomon111: Gej would do well,by not stooping to the level of this talkative Yoruba party.

Infatuation
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by 2rutalk1: 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
ACN is very hypocritical. I strongly believe that an ACN candidate will be worse than GEJ led administration if voted into the office of the President. All ACN is doing is to win the sympathy of the masses to pave way for their 2015 election bid. Who is deceiving who? RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
Bawss1:

Funny

What do you think the opposition party should be doing if not taking pot shots like this?

And you admit that PDP and by extension the president is bad.
grin

So going by your own theory, "Nigeria is a scam= BAD", I guess that makes you and I bad or scammers right?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Dpeacemaker101: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Is it not ACN with their blabbing again, they should produce a certified presidential candidate now. All they have in their party are rogues, who are waiting for opportunity to get into ASO rock and loot us away. Which I know is very impossible for them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by tpapi: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
Acn is jus seekin cheap publicity,always takin adv of any sad occurence to attack,but i can assure acn,they wil neva smel d presidency FOR LIFE
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by JazzFreak(m): 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2012
[/quote][quote author=solomon111]Yoruba party

Wetin happen nau ? .... Yoruba
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by manny4life(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
hillsate:

Should they have called him an expert president?
Sentiments aside, GEJ wasn't prepared for where he found himself. The Nigerian presidency is not where you learn on the job. The most annoying thing about GEJ is that his mind is set on contesting 2015 elections when he is yet to prove to Nigerians that he deserves another term.
I think ACN calling him trainee president is just being modest.

Tell me an expert president that you know of in Nigeria's history?

I guess you missed the whole point of my statement - calling a sitting president a "trainee president" is just beyond baffling. It begs the question under normal scrutiny, is there a school, or training course or certification for presidency?

You have forgotten quickly that learning comes in different forms and fashion, people adapt to different things in their own ways. I'm to believe that he wasn't prepared right? Rather than him taking his own steps @ his own time? Like I stated before, he not doing the right thing by addressing the situation was WRONGFUL, nonetheless, the attention seeking party is double wrong of taking advantage of the situation given the causalities involved.
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Koachdee(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
So?
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
What does Jonathing have to offer at UN Assembly?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by hillsate: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
fm7070: ACN is not on point.
Who is 'Expert President'?
When OBJ was there, people called him names, now he's an hero
GEJ is trying his best. At least, I can see some level of transparency, sincerity and improvement in his governance.

You call what GEJ is doing as "trying his best?"
No one tasked with leadership of any nation is ever told to try his best. D0 THE WORK is what is advocated. Unfortunately GEJ is not interested in learning how to govern nigeria. A classical example is hiding the illness of his wife same thing Turai did for her husband.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
solomon111: Gej would do well,by not stooping to the level of this talkative Yoruba party.

Okoro monkey, take your head out of your butt!
Re: Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN by divatosin(f): 4:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
And So what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

63 Unaccompanied Children, Six Pregnant Women Among Those Rescued / Aisha Wakil 'Mama Boko Haram' Nominated for Peace Award in Australia / Gunmen Kidnap Seven Naval Officers In Edo, Five Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.