Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? (2256 Views)

How Dare You Twist Grace / When A Militant Atheist Beat Up A Pastor!! / I Dare You To Respond! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 07, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol. What do I want from you? Lol. Just that as a knight of atheism it is advisable you understand what you're saying.

You need that advice, not me
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

You need that advice, not me
Atleast you've agreed within that you are.
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Reyginus: Atleast you've agreed within that you are.

Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Areaboy2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03: [img]http://2.bp..com/-glQwEV3ZM_4/ToeJWjWXrDI/AAAAAAAAAs0/le8Uu1tkq3c/s1600/Militant+Atheist..JPG[/img]

LOL!! Hitchens is a militant with his Rothmans kingsize and a bottle of scotch grin grin grin

Havent you seen him terrorize renowned chritian theologians with common sense, reason and basic logic? grin grin grin
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy, I understand.
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
I define militant atheists as atheists who are vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of atheism and the eradication of religion. Besides here are some definitions of militant:

mil·i·tant [mil-i-tuh nt] Show IPA

adjective

1. vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of a cause: militant reformers.
2. engaged in warfare; fighting.
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
As one can see from the definition of the term 'militant' given in the previous posts. There can be militancy without violence. What is simply required is fervor and it is clear that logicboy has a lot of that given the FACT that he is a very active advocate of atheism. He can be rightly called a militant atheist.

1 Like

Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Areaboy2(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia: As one can see from the definition of the term 'militant' given in the previous posts. There can be militancy without violence. What is simply required is fervor and it is clear that logicboy has a lot of that given the FACT that he is a very active advocate of atheism. He can be rightly called a militant atheist.

You are twisting everything. We all quite know what militant means, but try to keep to the context of this thread. The dictionary normally gives you more than one definition for certain words, this is to allow different contexts keep their unique meaning.

I'm sure you are fully aware of the context Logicboy is on about here undecided
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by UyiIredia(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
Area_boy:

You are twisting everything. We all quite know what militant means, but try to keep to the context of this thread. The dictionary normally gives you more than one definition for certain words, this is to allow different contexts keep their unique meaning.

I'm sure you are fully aware of the context Logicboy is on about here undecided

In fact, he is twisting it. Christians are VERY CLEARLy referring to the first definition. WHy does he now pretend that the second is in contention. That is not to even say that the second definition does apply to some people who VIOLENTLY sanctioned atheism eg Stalin
Re: How Dare You Call Me A Militant Or Extreme Atheist? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

In fact, he is twisting it. Christians are VERY CLEARLy referring to the first definition. WHy does he now pretend that the second is in contention. That is not to even say that the second definition does apply to some people who VIOLENTLY sanctioned atheism eg Stalin

I give up sad

You sir are a brick wall

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clash Of The Religious Titans! Did Maclatunji Just Hide Manmustwac's Complaint? / Why I Will Never Forgive My Parents / First Friday Of Ramadam 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.