Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing (16196 Views)

Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Match Against Egypt On Tuesday / Super Eagles On A Team Walk In Swaziland Ahead Of Match Today (Photos) / Super Eagles Players Train In Port-Harcourt Ahead Of Match Against Niger (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Medley(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva: This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.

what you mean is that if barcelona beat Ac milan in a pre-season match,then Ac milan defeats them in two legs of a champions league group,then the pre-season match was fixed.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
shaaa naija/naijans will never cease to amaze me tongue grin grin.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by jobd: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2013
NoContract: Before nko?

Abeg mama nkiruka serve me beans and pepper soup mixed with kunu. add two kpomo + kernel stew,and some spaghetti. Then add small dogoyaro. No time

*flushes it down with small stout then continues playing ludo*
only u wif all dese combo,u sure say u no go dey see 4 dices while playin d ludo..

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Clemzy16(m): 12:31pm On Jan 06, 2013
It's funny when Nigeria lose and It's normal but when they win It's termed as match-fixing. Same thing happened in the match between Nig Vs Arg. Are they trying to say Nigeria can't win those countries in world football. I also belive the game between Nigeria Vs Catalonia would as been term as match-fixing if we had won. BTW, why would Nigeria buy a warm-up match?! FIFA should get a life.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by ignis: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
You go fear Nigerian version of match fixing.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by silica(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Clemzy16: It's funny when Nigeria lose and It's normal but when they win It's termed as match-fixing. Same thing happened in the match between Nig Vs Arg. Are they trying to say Nigeria can't win those countries in world football. I also belive the game between Nigeria Vs Catalonia would as been term as match-fixing if we had won. BTW, why would Nigeria buy a warm-up match?! FIFA should get a life.

You've said it all. Nothing else to add.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by searay(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2013
мαкє ƒιƒα ∂єƒιηє мαт¢н ƒιχιηg мєк ωє ѕєє σσσσσ
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by bonetalk(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2013

Abeg mama nkiruka serve me beans and pepper soup mixed with kunu. add two kpomo + kernel stew,and some spaghetti. Then add small dogoyaro. No time

grin
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by bonetalk(m): 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
yyb14: This space is for sale
different people don plenty for this forum o
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by gudnex22(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
For the first time everybody in this forum is making sense. Fifa is looking for a way to distablelise Nigeria in AFCON but holy ghost fire bc victory is ours 9ja 4 lyf
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
^ naijans and their everybody hate us shaaa grin grin grin.
anyway i'm behind you guys in Afcon do not disappoint me ooo ,i'm going to bet grin grin
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by PHIPEX(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
If their reason for saying the match was fixed is because of the penalty the Ref gave to Nsofor then I wonder how many matches are being fixed on weekly basis in England because I can mention several penalties that have been wrongly awarded in Premiership this season alone. FIFA is becoming a joke.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by miiraaj: 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
careytommy:
hope no be back of tv you been watch o! grin
The guy fucck up ooo,but no b him fault. U knw say dem look alike.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Candybob(m): 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
tongue Shame on those fifa people... They have shown themselves to be a bunch of malicious bad belles! Match fix wat? All the competitive matches Nigeria lost in questionable circumstances, they raised no eyebrow, but two friendly matches nobody had interest in that 9ja won has suddenly become suspicious. I think its time those old men crowding fifa retire!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by mexzony: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
Parnassuss: I no believe. Especially that Argentina one, every Eyinmba for trash craze comot that squad way dem carry come
Maybe it was the refree himself that was bribed and that nigeria does not know anything about it.remember the argentina game the refree was suposed to blow his whistle after injury time had elapsed but he did not and at the same time there was surprisingly increased betting around the world that a fifth goal wud be scored even after injury time had far elapsed so for me its the refree in questio.Remember you don't have to target the whole team just one or two people.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Sike(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2013
*long hiss* Next please!
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by toluxa1(m): 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gombs:

Nxt time use d Modify button.

Tnx

Na link no be button. Button ko, Collar ni.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by toluxa1(m): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
ROCK-J:
Match fixing... E no fit naija at all. If its corruption I for gree. But match fixing na lie.

So match fixing no be corruption ba? Na gospel abi?
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by barackosama(m): 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
midetinz: FIFA Accuses Nigeria Of Match-Fixing •We Are Unaware —NFF

The Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) says it believes 2010 World Cup warm-up match between Nigeria and North Korea in June 2010 could have been pre-arranged.

The match was played on June 6 at the Makhulong Stadium in Tembisa, outside Johannesburg, and Nigeria won the game 3-1.

In a report on behalf of FIFA security team, Terry Steans alleged that the match officials led by Niger referee Ibrahim Chaibou were chosen by convicted Singaporean match-fixer Wilson Perumal and his Football 4U organisation.

Perumal is believed by both FIFA and Interpol of fixing matches in several countries, standing to make hundreds of thousands of dollars in illegal profits.

The match-fixing report, which was handed to South Africa Football Association (SAFA), said the Niger referee gave a harsh penalty against North Korea even when it seemed that the Korean defender did not commit an offence.

Obinna Nsofor stepped forward to score the resulting penalty in the 62nd minute and double the Eagles’ lead after Yakubu Aiyegbeni had put Nigeria in front.

Interestingly, Chaibou was also at the centre in another Eagles’ friendly which has also been listed by FIFA as “suspicious.”

Nigeria beat Argentina 4-1 in June 2011 in Abuja with several questionable calls by the Niger referee.

However, spokesman for the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ademola Olajire, told MTNFootball.com they are unaware of this allegation and have yet to be communicated on it.

“We have not been communicated by FIFA on such, so until we get that, we cannot comment about any allegations,” Olajire said.

In South Africa, the South Africa Football Association (SAFA) leadership led by president Kirsten Nematandani has been reinstated while a probe into match-fixing allegations continues.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/sports/item/2481-fifa-accuses-nigeria-of-match-fixing-%E2%80%A2we-are-unaware-%E2%80%94nff
Source: (http:///Us16jc)
K
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by kpencheruwe: 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
afam4eva: This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.

Did Nigeria played North Korea in the World cup?Please check your records.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by kingblosky: 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
I have been vindicated .. I just called my brother to check nairaland so he could read this. After watching the Nigeria Vs Argentina friendly; I concluded the match was fixed. Someone almost broke my head with a bottle at the bar we watched it. I almost fought that day just becos I said the match looked funny and was fixed. It was VERY CLEAR. NFF ?.. Just look at the friendlies we play .. Venezuella, North Korea, Iran, Catalona tomorrow it could be India and Singapore.. All this is to take attention from these matches and our so called NFF know about this and get their fair share from these asian cartels. FIFA go head; do your work.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by SwitnessA(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Na wa 4 u o! Na so u wan tk finish ur belle..! Kai u worst pass boko haram.
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by BrutusOj(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
so,once u win a country or a club ur likely or must win dsame country or club all d time abi?FIFA is d worst racist body in d world.how many times hav d questioned Fergi/Man U n web on match fixin bfor?
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Ichel: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2013

shocked 4 u alone??
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Onyenna(m): 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
Lies!
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by mightyleks(m): 12:49am On Jan 07, 2013
This place his hot shocked
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by smsmoney(m): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2013
Parnassuss: I no believe. Especially that Argentina one, every Eyinmba for trash craze comot that squad way dem carry come
Maybe that was part of the match fixing plot
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by 46arcadez(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2013
Wat about bacelona sori uefalona? Dey wil soon com 2 our evnin monkey post game n tel us dat we fix matches. I pity fifa
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by willyo(m): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2013
Thanks a lot FIFA. Nigeria is improving everyday. from international terrorost list to football match fixing list. una feel say una fit jst use our head anyhw. na where we hold we hold. we played and we won thats all. if they FIFA want to start our match fixing probe, lets start with our 3-0 Abuja opening stadium loss to Brazil
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
Afam4eva: This may not be a lie because i wonder why Nigeria was not able to beat the same North Korea in the world cup proper.
South korea not north korea . . . olodo rapata
Re: FIFA Accuse Nigeria Of Match Fixing by zacmoo: 1:02am On Jan 14, 2013
If those two mentions matches I.e Nigeria vs north Korea and Argentina vs Nigeria were truly fix as FIFA may have think what are the benefit or reward given to Nigeria football federation or the players is the betting group belong to NFF ? assuming Nigeria lost 10-0 to Argentina i believe no one will investigate the out come of the match
It will better if Fifa can investigate why Cameroon lost to Cape verde and how Zambia tranch ghana in last year afcon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zidane Says He Won't Resign As Real Madrid's UCL Hopes Hang In The Balance / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Obafemi Martins Named MLS Player Of The Month For September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.