Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively (1648 Views)

Why Hasn't Ben Bruce Be Verified By Twitter Upon All His Ranting / Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Answer Obasanjo And Stop Ranting, MURIC Lambast Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2013
It is past festive season and the holidays are over, work has resumed for some and those who travelled are gradually returning back. On social media, the ranting continues, about how government continues to take us for granted. We sit with our phones and PC and come online to complain about the government, some are even tired and have resigned to fate, why
Around the period of the 2011 polls, I heard a popular Nigerian say on TV that we can monitor elections (with our phone camera) and send information online to ensure credibility, I did the little I could.

The truth is almost everyone has a camera phone, many don’t know the camera is a very useful tool. You see a policeman/traffic warder receiving bribe, instead of coming to twitter to complain you make good use of your phone’s camera and post the pictures online, hereby exposing them. You drive through bad roads and complain about government’s inefficiency, you can a picture and post online just in case the person in charge of fixing that road has said the road is in good condition. Little things like blocked drainages needs to be exposed.

The truth is the Federal Government is getting majority of the attention and they feel it is by paid opposition because state and local governments also get money deliver dividends but they are not always monitored and criticized and this has rendered many of the lazy and corrupt. A particular local government chairman in Lagos went to press to claim he’s fixing all the roads in a particular town, he fixed the outer roads and left the inner roads. If he knew he was being watched he would be on his toes and execute that project effectively. Also the senators and house of representatives members regularly claim to carry out constituency projects which they actually receive money for, if there is any in your area you can let the world know, if there is none you can also let the world know. Let us point our searchlights towards other arms of governments who receive allocations and also generate their own revenue.

WatchingLagos is a platform with which you can expose or praise governance (good or bad) around you, there might be claims that roads around you were fixed whereas just a little portion was patched, take pictures and send to us for exposure or appraisal. Your mobile phone shouldn’t just be for facebook/twitter/browsing/BBM alone, you can take those pictures and send to us at watchinglagos@gmail.com or tweet at us @watchinglagos. Pictures will be posted on the website http://www.watchinglagos.com.
Those in other states can also start something similar, watching their respective states or even LGA. Together we can demand responsible and accountable governance at various levels.
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 10:21am On Jan 07, 2013
[size=14pt]NOTE: This is not to run down the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT but to monitor developments in Lagos generally (including local governments) and call attention of government to neglected areas, tackling the FG alone will make states lazy and unconcerned. Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks[/size]
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by koruji(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2013
So why not "Watching the States, Ranting Effectively"
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 11:49am On Jan 07, 2013
Another Lagos thread? funny, how these settlers keep crying more than the bereaved. smh!
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
koruji: So why not "Watching the States, Ranting Effectively"

would have been an appropriate caption but all states can't be watched at once that's why this was stated in the article.

Those in other states can also start something similar, watching their respective states or even LGA. Together we can demand responsible and accountable governance at various levels.

Rhino.5dm:
Another Lagos thread? funny, how these settlers keep crying more than the bereaved. smh!

Please read through the article
NOTE: [size=16pt]This is not to run down the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT but to monitor developments in Lagos generally (including local governments) and call attention of government to neglected areas,[/size] tackling the FG alone will make states lazy and unconcerned. Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2013
Please I should read what? That some sad PDP paid ediots and settlers are populating internet with lies to bring down BRF?

Some of the fools even come up with names like "sincere fool", thinking that would make their intention stealthily.Or do you think average member of this section are those 22 million ediots that voted for GEJ and not PDP?. If you like write all sort of balderdash as you want or dedicate more internet site to these lies, we the advocates of truth won't move a muscle for your nonsense.

Why don't you ediots start with Uduaghan the day light thief? or start with east-west road that is killing people on daily basis to expose the silver back gorilla occupying aso rock? Arrant nonsense!!!
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerian don come again with another moniker! Imagine snapping a police officer collecting bribe and in the process i either get shot or my phone gets smashed or my head beaten with a baton. Shioor!
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Please I should read what? That some sad PDP paid ediots and settlers are populating internet with [size=16pt]lies to bring down BRF? [/size]

Some of the fools even come up with names like "sincere fool", thinking that would make their intention stealthily.Or do you think average member of this section are those 22 million ediots that voted for GEJ and not PDP?. If you like write all sort of balderdash as you want or dedicate more internet site to these lies, we the advocates of truth won't move a muscle for your nonsense.

Why don't you ediots start with Uduaghan the day light thief? or start with east-west road that is killing people on daily basis to expose the silver back gorilla occupying aso rock? Arrant nonsense!!!

We are not going to bring down BRF, look at all I've posted, this might even swing in favour of Fashola, a golden fish has no hiding place. Fashola has worked, some LG chairmen are not working, how is that Fashola'a fault? The FG has dilapidated structures and estates in Lagos, how is that bringing Fashola down?
Whichever part of Lagos we highlight, we state which arm of government is responsible and we are focusing on Lagos because that is where we are based, others in other states can do the same.

Once again I restate: We are not here to bring down Fashola, read with an open mind and you'll understand. Don't let sincere9igerian laugh at you because by now you should have know if he's the one or one of the 40 laptop crew behind this.
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why don't you take your fight to the slowpoke occupying Aso Rock? Aren't you the worthless PDP mongrel with a new ID? You think we'll seat down and allow ediots bring down our very best from Odua nation? You must have been intoxicated by that raw gutter fluid you consumed.

Arrantus Nonsensicus!

watchinglagos:

We are not going to bring down BRF, look at all I've posted, this might even swing in favour of Fashola, a golden fish has no hiding place. Fashola has worked, some LG chairmen are not working, how is that Fashola'a fault? The FG has dilapidated structures and estates in Lagos, how is that bringing Fashola down?
Whichever part of Lagos we highlight, we state which arm of government is responsible and we are focusing on Lagos because that is where we are based, others in other states can do the same.

Once again I restate: We are not here to bring down Fashola, read with an open mind and you'll understand. Don't let sincere9igerian laugh at you because by now you should have know if he's the one or one of the 40 laptop crew behind this.
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by ba7man(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Why always Lagos
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by pheesayor(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Why don't you take your fight to the slowpoke occupying Aso Rock? Aren't you the worthless PDP mongrel with a new ID? You think we'll seat down and allow ediots bring down our very best from Odua nation? You must have been intoxicated by that raw gutter fluid you consumed.

Arrantus Nonsensicus!

the anger from the attack on lagos in the past weeks must have gotten to you, I feel your pain. Regardless, Fashola remains th3 best for 2015 but check out the OP's points. What I understand by this is that lg chairmen need to be checked too, that does not take the shine off fashola does it? Fashola remains a hero inlagos but he alone cannot fix lagos. Think about this
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by koruji(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
So you think u can "watch" Lagos at once because it is one state. I guess u are not going to watch all local govts. of Lagos at once then.

Itara eni je lasan!!!!

watchinglagos:

would have been an appropriate caption but all states can't be watched at once that's why this was stated in the article.

Please read through the article

Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Gbawe: 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
pheesayor: the anger from the attack on lagos in the past weeks must have gotten to you, I feel your pain. Regardless, Fashola remains th3 best for 2015 but check out the OP's points. What I understand by this is that lg chairmen need to be checked too, that does not take the shine off fashola does it? Fashola remains a hero inlagos but he alone cannot fix lagos. Think about this

Yeah, I get your point but you need to beware of mischief-makers here who have no conscience and dwell on treacherous behaviour. I think Fashola has been identified as a threat to some because of his popularity hence the hyperventilation of some folks. Here we have male forum members registering and pretending to be female and we have all sorts of dubious characters pretending to be what they are not. The blog link this 'concerned citizen' and lover of Lagos provided does not even work. What does that tell you about the OP? Clearly he is not serious.

http://www.watchinglagos.com./
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bros, these squirrels don't deserve any space to continue their lies and propagate more stupidity. If he thinks lagos deserve watching, how about starting with Uduaghan and other jet buying thieves? Oh, you think we'll allow ediots drag fashola's name to the gutter?

pheesayor: the anger from the attack on lagos in the past weeks must have gotten to you, I feel your pain. Regardless, Fashola remains th3 best for 2015 but check out the OP's points. What I understand by this is that lg chairmen need to be checked too, that does not take the shine off fashola does it? Fashola remains a hero inlagos but he alone cannot fix lagos. Think about this
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by pheesayor(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
the link is working sir www.watchinglagos.com
Gbawe:

Yeah, I get your point but you need to beware of mischief-makers here who have no conscience and dwell on treacherous behaviour. I think Fashola has been identified as a threat to some because of his popularity hence the hyperventilation of some folks. Here we have male forum members registering and pretending to be female and we have all sorts of dubious characters pretending to be what they are not. The blog link this 'concerned citizen' and lover of Lagos provided does not even work. What does that tell you about the OP? Clearly he is not serious.

http://www.watchinglagos.com./

Rhino.5dm:
Bros, these squirrels don't deserve any space to continue their lies and propagate more stupidity. If he thinks lagos deserve watching, how about starting with Uduaghan and other jet buying thieves? Oh, you think we'll allow ediots drag fashola's name to the gutter?

if those in delta are concerned, they can start but I doubt they will. Remember the south south and south east refused to join occupy nigeria
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Gbawe: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
pheesayor: the link is working sir www.watchinglagos.com

It was not working before and we will see how long it remains working given that mischief-makers start things they abandon quickly because of their shallow motivation. They also come here in droves but always leave in the end since longevity is related to passion and a genuine belief in what one supports.

1 Like

Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by pheesayor(m): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2013
Gbawe:

It was not working before and we will see how long it remains working given that mischief-makers start things they abandon quickly because of their shallow motivation. They also come here in droves but always leave in the end since longevity is related to passion and a genuine belief in what one supports.
while I get your point, I always understand the OP's motive. Have you noticed that the usual GEJ arrsselickers are not on this thread? I restate here that Fashola is the best for 2015, have you noticed that instead of setting up useless money-zapping committees he sets up working agencies
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 12:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
we are watching lagos and not bringing down fashola. Lagos includes the federal, state and local governments. It includes the people of lagos, it includes the okada riders who ply restricted routes, it includes those who deliberately dump in drainages, it includes federal roads that have been left to rot etc. Gbawe and Rhino, pheesayor understands us, at least with his posts above, I want you all to understand too
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Watchinglagos seems 'sincere' enough.... smiley
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by gbadexy(m): 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
The post sounds reasonable enough.
I don't see any cause to attack the poster rather we should support the concept.
I understand that the concept may be hijacked by mischief makers but then so can it be used by those in support of brf administration to showcase his achievements.
I think this concept is a double edged sword but it would keep the government on its toes.
Those accusing the poster can contribute by posting federal roads that are dilapidated so that they federal government would be exposed and brf's work would be made easier while regular concerned citizens can show the lapses of the state government to keep them on their toes.
I particularly like this concept because it would expose those local governments that aint doing nothing.
I think other states should emulate this project and we just may have started a revolution to force our leaders to act well.
Anybody that feels any particular tier of government is being unfairly maligned should post pictures showing the good works of such government.
I believe that at least a considerable amount of the members here are learned, only someone with inferiority complex would be scared and looking for hidden traps or threat in an open idea. We should be confident to partake in issues and give opponents fire for fire.
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
TouchDown: Watchinglagos seems 'sincere' enough.... smiley
not like sincere9igerian though cheesy
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
gbadexy: The post sounds reasonable enough.
I don't see any cause to attack the poster rather we should support the concept.
I understand that the concept may be hijacked by mischief makers but then so can it be used by those in support of brf administration to showcase his achievements.
I think this concept is a double edged sword but it would keep the government on its toes.
Those accusing the poster can contribute by posting federal roads that are dilapidated so that they federal government would be exposed and brf's work would be made easier while regular concerned citizens can show the lapses of the state government to keep them on their toes.
I particularly like this concept because it would expose those local governments that aint doing nothing.
I think other states should emulate this project and we just may have started a revolution to force our leaders to act well.
Anybody that feels any particular tier of government is being unfairly maligned should post pictures showing the good works of such government.
I believe that at least a considerable amount of the members here are learned, only someone with inferiority complex would be scared and looking for hidden traps or threat in an open idea. We should be confident to partake in issues and give opponents fire for fire.

God bless you, you can join us to make this a reality. If you're in Lagos you can follow on twitter @watchinglagos, tweet us your picture(s) or email us at
watchinglagos@gmail.com.
Together we can demand accountable governance
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by emiye(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why not watchingnigeria? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Don't tell me you actually fell for this second grade scam? These mongrels are all out and probably won't rest. What will happen if the fool starts feeding you with the content mixed from wadata house? i.e. PDP secretariat?

TouchDown: Watchinglagos seems 'sincere' enough.... smiley
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
emiye: Why not watchingnigeria? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
because everyone is watching nigeria already and netlecting the states and local governments. Kindly read my previous explanations
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
You are just a deluded goon to think sensible can't see through your lying teeth. why don't you watch over Yobe or Borno? Besides, Enugu state governor has been absent without leave for a millennia now, how about watching Enugu?

watchinglagos:
God bless you, you can join us to make this a reality. If you're in Lagos you can follow on twitter @watchinglagos, tweet us your picture(s) or email us at
watchinglagos@gmail.com.
Together we can demand accountable governance
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
Don't tell me you actually fell for this second grade scam? These mongrels are all out and probably won't rest. What will happen if the fool starts feeding you with the content mixed from wadata house? i.e. PDP secretariat?

you're still not getting me, I understand the pdp guys have created so much distrust already. Can we discuss via email?
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 10:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
^
Discuss with who? You must think people visiting here are some jobless low lifers like you. As long as I can still drag air through my nose, you will never achieve you mission here.

Whatever you have to say, say it here.
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by watchinglagos: 10:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
^
Discuss with who? You must think people visiting here are some jobless low lifers like you. As long as I can still drag air through my nose, you will never achieve you mission here.

I have said all that needs to be said but you still do not believe the motive behind. I requested for private convo so I can reveal my true identity but since you've turned it down know this fact, this project was borne out of the need to sensitise and demand better governance at all levels. We started this on the first year anniversary of occupy Nigeria.

I think I have said more than enough
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by Rhino5dm: 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
Look what the fool wrote here. I can dug out where Beaf made similar statements more than 10 times to avoid asking questions about what the silver back gorilla occupying Aso Rock is doing.

watchinglagos: [size=14pt]NOTE: This is not to run down the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT but to monitor developments in Lagos generally (including local governments) and call attention of government to neglected areas, tackling the FG alone will make states lazy and unconcerned. Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks[/size]

This quote above shrew your ugly mask and exposed you as the PDP paid mongrel you are. Quit trying hard. Go and come up with another user id like "Sincere Lagosian"
Re: Watching Lagos, Ranting Effectively by GARRIx7(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
^

you're are truly a wise one. Most of the m0r0ns who scream about Fashola n Lagos don't even reside there.

Silly9gerian stays in Enugu, a state where the governor is on AWOL treating Syphilis, yet he hasn't seen the need to open a thread to discuss that.

The OP is a PDP Goon. He's Innocent words are meant to serve as a Smoke screen for those who lack discernment...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio Commissions 2 Two New General Hospitals at Ika and Eastern Obolo LGA's / Bombing of Malaysia Plane Talked by Russian Separatists (Audio) as Obama Speaks / Fasheun Reveals Why OPC Won't Protect Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.