Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. (13103 Views)

Remember This Vehicles Used Mostly By Police And Robbers Back Then. / What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? / How To Deal With Bad Mechanics? Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by suxes2005(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Troll: Seriously!? All These For Naija Police Or U.K Police? undecided

...Anyways, 3rd To Comment (Glory Be To God). Slowly But Surely I'll Get There. tongue

Pls sell that spot for me. I beg you in name of NL.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
Naija police, i hail thee, all these tactics na for u?
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by EteFlexible: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
This is 9ija not the western world.. Haba which (ija police get ur time for all this procedures.... Show him the money and its well....... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by phoneport(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Where are you living?
Nigeria or the moon?
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by knockturnal(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
I cant Believe how fellow Nigerians have such a low regard for our law enforcement officers......its shameful, pathetic,disgraceful i tell ya!
While you are busy banging that bitch or snoring like a donkey in labour, those fearless men and women are up allnyte going bullet to bullet with all sorts of hoodlums and not to mention the elements!

Y'all should be ashamed of yourself.

(P.S: this is an attempt at Sarcasm)

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
knockturnal: I cant Believe how fellow Nigerians have such a low regard for our law enforcement officers......its shameful, pathetic,disgraceful i tell ya!
While you are busy banging that bitch or snoring like a donkey in labour, those fearless men and women are up allnyte going bullet to bullet with all sorts of hoodlums and not to mention the elements!

Y'all should be ashamed of yourself.

(P.S: this is an attempt at Sarcasm)

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by jutino(f): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Sky-walker:
is this for people who are in Nigeria?
abeg help me ask am again
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by lagcity(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

ha ha okija don come again ooo! where do you get all these funny gifs.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by waters2012: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
U guys are inadvertently exposing our tactics to the police o. Some cops are here on NL

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by Sike(m): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Always Remember, "POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND" wink
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by kabba7(m): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
[color=#990000][b]SEEMS this type of behaviors are more common in the south east and south south because of

what we all understand thier way of life
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by lagcity(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
waters2012: U guys are inadvertently exposing our tactics to the police o. Some cops are here on NL

It is no secret though. We know it, the police know it. We rub each other's back. smh

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
What my dad did was to spiralbind all the vehicle particulars together into a single booklet with a list, signed by the IGP of all the documents the police nd road safety re entitled to ask for at the front page, so a policeman cant ask me to open bonet to check engine no! You should see their faces whenever d booklet is handed over to em
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by nzeaji(m): 3:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Slyr0x: THIS WON'T WORK IN NIGERIA!

Soooooo true.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by KayDee4: 3:43am On Jan 08, 2013
Lol !!!

...... in addition....

For those that will want to sit in the car while talking to Five-O, be sure to come down and open your boot yourself if they ask you to pop the trunk; don't just open it from the inside before them go tell you say them see gun for your boot. grin grin **true story from experience**
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by 40fied(m): 4:02am On Jan 08, 2013
Enangson: You're late for that meeting. Is it okay to speed up a little? Let's see... nope. Now you're on the side of the highway, waiting for the cop to come down on you with questions about your license and registration. What should you do? How does someone deal with this?

1 Pull over immediately. Set your hazard lights on, turn off the radio, and then cut the engine. Roll down the window, and make sure both your hands and your passengers hands are visible.

2. Be sure to address the cop as"officer ." This shows respect.

3. Always tell the truth . Never claim you didn't do it (if you did), but remember that you have the right to remain silent.

4. Don't argue with the officer . Giving any reason for the officer to take interest in your case may actually encourage him to appear in court in offense (many defendants succeed in court because the witness officer is not present).

5. Don't admit anything. Often police ask if you know why you were stopped. Contrary to popular opinion, a really great reason for the violation does not help. Anything you say can be used against you as an admittance of guilt.

6. Contact a lawyer . If you fail any test and are charged, just remain silent and call a lawyer.

Tips

Be willing to cooperate. If you prove stubborn, the officer may find a reason to arrest you on the spot.

Keep your license and registration where you will know to find it. In the glove compartment or under the seat, as long as it doesn't take too long to retrieve it.

Be Forgettable. If you make a scene, the officer will likely document the incident in more detail that he would have otherwise. If you are planning on fighting the citation, you want the officer to remember as little about the stop as possible.

A policeman is only doing their job. If you're cooperative they're more then likely cut you a break.

Warnings
:
Running away or attacking the police officer never helps. It will ALWAYS make your load heavier, in legalized ways.
no be you write dis tin.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by forkadict(m): 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kay-Dee:
Lol !!!

...... in addition....

For those that will want to sit in the car while talking to Five-O, be sure to come down and open your boot yourself if they ask you to pop the trunk; don't just open it from the inside before them go tell you say them see gun for your boot. grin grin **true story from experience**

Haaa! true story. All motorists should please note the above warning.

I also had a nasty experience many years ago. We were stopped at a check point and the policemen requested to inspect the boot. The taxi driver just popped the trunk open and beckoned on the policeman to check for himself while he remained seated in the car. The policeman then dismissed us after a brief moment. When we eventually arrived our destination, one travelling bag was missing. And we didnt have any other stop before or after the checkpoint.

Naija Police? Na God go punish them.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by cupid4ig(m): 1:16am On Jan 14, 2013
naija police only understand money cry

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by ylaa(f): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2013
THE BEST THING IS TO PRAY NEVER TO COME IN CONTACT WITH THESE HUNGRY PEOPLE. BUT IF YOU DO, ACT AS A FOOL OR SIMPLY FOLLOW LAW 1 OF THE 48 LAWS OF POWER.
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by fastlane84: 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
Naija. Cote

Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by lanreigah(m): 12:30am On Apr 12, 2013
oyb:

why is this bs which if for western nations on the front page?

1) make sure you have all your papers
2)make sure you have the phone no of a high ranking soldier/police official
3)make sure you have something for the boys
Simple!!!
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by elektra80: 7:24am On Apr 12, 2013
oyb:

why is this bs which if for western nations on the front page?

1) make sure you have all your papers
2)make sure you have the phone no of a high ranking soldier/police official
3)make sure you have something for the boys

You have said it all. That's all u need.. especially no 3
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by elektra80: 7:29am On Apr 12, 2013
ifyalways: Just give the #20 and go your merry way.

No time for tok tok.

Police no dey collect 20 naira these days oh. Them don upgrade
Re: How To Deal With Being Stopped By Police. by elektra80: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2013
i.meller:
Carry a Mean German Shephard on your front seat .. lol

wow, how can I miss that. That's surely way to go

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Between Non Offenses and Unjust Fines / Cost Of O2 Sensor / 5 Ways Your Car Tyres Will Help You Save On Petrol During This Recession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.