Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Website Review, Anyone? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review, Anyone? (5902 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2008
So the 800+ static website is now dynamic. How? Did you replace the word static with dynamic and expect the site to become dynamic?

You are waiting for a list from me, I think there are better ways to get clients than depending on this method even though I am sure no client will want a 800+ static website, trust me on this one.

What is the site address again?
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by kazey(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2008
Hmm na wa o. The most intriguing thing about some of this posters on this thread, is they actually don't run a biz, in fact some never did, I guess all they are prophesying was read on another website or one book in the darkest part of my grand fathers antique library.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 6:36pm On Mar 27, 2008
Some of them actually run businesses in their dreams. People that have never used the computer to do anything useful but will have all the advice in the world to offer others.

It's like the money doubler looking for who to help when in fact he needs all the help he can get.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by timmy(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2008
@Afang,

want does a low life like you know about business?
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2008
I know enough not to design a 800+ static website and stupidly brag about it. shocked
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by abhosts(m): 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2008
Afam:

What is the site address again?

His website URL is on his profile page. I must admit that he does have a mesmerizing portfolio.

http://www.techimpactwebs.com/portfolio
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2008
@abhosts,

U sure have eyes for quality websites. Why are you embarrassing timmy like this?

http://www.covenantuniversity.com/ is the 800+ static website, thanks for pointing me to his portfolio.

However, the website is still opening (over 4 full minutes), I guess I need to go take a bottle of fanta outside and chat with some friends before I can view the website.

How come I am seeing the exact picture (the girl with the pony tail hairdo) on this 800+ static website guru that was showing on smartsoft's website? This girl go dey cry by now. So much so for web designers and bragging rights.

Well I found the following under 6 minutes, only God knows what I would have found if I had stayed longer

http://www.techimpactwebs.com/portfolio/fidelitypensionmanagers.com - 404 Page not found

http://www.covenantuniversity.com/colleges/index.html - As static as it was since 2006, check the copyright information

http://www.techimpactwebs.com/portfolio/index.php?name=uba%20insurance - ends here (http://www.ubainsurance.com/) make una help me see how ubainsurance website come end up for hia. Needless to say the company refused to renew any agreement with the 800+ static website champion

http://www.techimpactwebs.com/portfolio/index.php?name=cwg - web development for the http://www.cwlgroup.net/ is certainly not by timmy as he is claiming but by http://www.aurora-it.us/. Check the site credit.

It seems that almost every page has its own problem to contend with and this guy is looking for a website to revamp when his website is not organized? Na wah oo

His main website is as current as 2006-2007 as in copyright info. Little wonder timmy was looking for in house web designers. Add web programmers put and stop displaying websites that have long expired in your portfolio.

Again, timmy should be able to state exactly what he did for each project lest he keeps adding other peoples project simply because he disccused with them about the projects.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by timmy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Afang, your arguments are as lame as yu design,

http://www.fidelitypensionmanagers.com/ if yu can beat that it 20yrs, ild resign. FYI its a dynamic site,

and if your sight was right, yould notice that pix of cwg in my portfolio is diff from what the have online, well no thanks to middle men on that. but thats not a talk for forum. you really need to learn from people better than you. and asfar as you talk, all yu keep screaming is 800 static pages. Dumb Ass.

move on from that and pick up a flaw from my designs, even from that template grabbed ones grin

and as for UBA Insurance, well its now uba-metropiltan, you should pay attention to paper adverts.

wait sef? what do you know about copyrights, do you think its just a way of saying "my website as been up since 2007" dummy, copyright dates are different
from last update date, and even at that. thats not an issue. try to think before you type. moda fuka grin
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by timmy(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2008
His website URL is on his profile page. I must admit that he does have a mesmerizing portfolio.

http://www.techimpactwebs.com/portfolio

[quote][/quote]

thanks wink
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2008
@timmy,

You have zero credibility, stealing someone else's job by claiming you developed it just to boost your portfolio?

That is criminal and I am certainly not surprised.

The good news is that clients these days take time to attend to details otherwise people like you will continue to defraud clients by even claiming to have developed websites he had nothing to do with.

Guy, I see you as a common criminal.

Good luck.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by mambenanje(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Afam and Timmy
I think you guys have had personal problems before because I don't understand why you guys are fighting rightnow
the reason all of us are talking on this post is because Afam posted a site for review and frankly speakin the sites design was Crap which Afam himself had accepted but if you guys continue then I would like others to see the two company sites

Afam: http://www.justwebservices.com/

Timmy: http://www.techimpactwebs.com/

looking at the two portfolios if I was to hire somebody for my next project I will most probably call in Timmy because people (users) don't care if is php or xxxx running the sites or how complicated the algorithms are if the site is not presentable the codes and algorithms are wasted. infact users don't care about the codes they care about what appeals thats why linux is still not taking the market from windows on the desktop. Design first the codes after
if you want attack me bring it on. but Afam don't think you can attack me on anything infact don't waste your time
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 6:57pm On Mar 28, 2008
I can see you guys are really really dumb,  sorry to say that, i can't imagine matured men like you guys fighting in that room.
Okay see timmy the way Afam chooses to design website aren't none of you business or @afam : the way timmy design website too aren't none of your business, too. so you guys want to tell me that you don't get anuf clients huh be it lame website or clean site, you design,

just critices a website and leave and if it is not good anuf just encourage the person and leave,  i just like this guy who designed [url=http://evanspublishers.com[/b]]http://evanspublishers.com[/url] there are somethings he told me. about some of my design in a matured way not all this childish stunt u guys are pulling here,  taught you guys are matured anuf,  really pissed at both of you
you guys are pain in the ass.

there is what my2cent started doing in some of his design which i salute him for, i told him what i felt when he started desiging, and he welcomed it as a matured man,  you peeps are there talking about business,  infact none of you knows anything about business,  you think business is just website you design,  bullshit
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2008
mambenanje:

@Afam and Timmy
I think you guys have had personal problems before because I don't understand why you guys are fighting rightnow
the reason all of us are talking on this post is because Afam posted a site for review and frankly speakin the sites design was Crap which Afam himself had accepted but if you guys continue then I would like others to see the two company sites

Afam: http://www.justwebservices.com/

Timmy: http://www.techimpactwebs.com/

looking at the two portfolios if I was to hire somebody for my next project I will most probably call in Timmy because people (users) don't care if is php or xxxx running the sites or how complicated the algorithms are if the site is not presentable the codes and algorithms are wasted. infact users don't care about the codes they care about what appeals thats why linux is still not taking the market from windows on the desktop. Design first the codes after
if you want attack me bring it on. but Afam don't think you can attack me on anything infact don't waste your time

Mr, I didn't know you were stupid enough not to know who the aggressor is.

Your comment on why linux is not taking the market from windows is another blockbuster nonsese from your stable, always talking about things you know very little about.

The problem with a lot of Nigerians is hypocrisy. When I was being insulted and attacked for posting a website for review I am sure you guys were enjoying it, now I responded to someone who displays other people's websites as his and you all start talking about stopping, dogs are indeed better.

@smartsoft,

My reply also applies to you.

I respond to insults. I never insult people but have a right to defend myself.

The truth of the matter is that people always want to feel good with themselves by trying to put other people down, if that pleases you be my guest but insult me I will respond in kind, period.

The level of hypocrisy here is stinking to high heavens.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2008
i remain loyal and i respect you.@afam,  i don't insult peeps and i woun't do that,  but i urge you to read what i wrote,  it is clear thing,  i'm really disappointed about both of you simple. if it hurts, you guys should go to places for all i care,  making this thread so bored.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2008
@smartsoft,

Unless we like lying to ourselves the best way to resolve issues is to apportion blame appropriately and in doing so you don't blame someone that is being attacked, rather you blame the person attacking.

But if you are disappointed in me that I responded to him and other idiots like them then feel free as I will not make you happy by keeping quiet and having dogs insult me simply because I put up a website for review even when facts support the position that they do not have better projects or even organized websites.

Spending less than 10 minutes on a website and seeing very shameful and disgraceful errors including outright lies where other people's projects are listed as his? Is there no shame in people any more?

It is this type of frustration and desperation that makes people go into armed robbery and ritual killing, too bad.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2008
it was both of you i blamed, so no hard nocks. someone here advice you if you can take insult from people, you should stop putting up your website for ppl to critice, show it to some of your web folks, IM them online and show them instead of posting it here and i belive the way some peeps talk here, thats the way they really behave in person !
Fi , ni, to,
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2008
If wishes were horses,

I guess I am really enjoying this anyway as many of the people insulting others have a way of displaying their stupidity.

For someone to descend so low as to show another person's website as his work just to have a portfolio I really believe we have dogs here, no doubt about that.

Bring it on, you shall always get responses in kind.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Farriel(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2008
Men, when this stuff go stop?
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Farriel,

Once people learn to stop insulting others for whatever reasons.

You can disagree or oppose anyone without resorting to insults.

And so far it is working. You cannot solve a problem by running away from it, you tackle it squarely and decisively.

It seems those that are quick to resort to insults really don't have anything to show for what they are bragging about as has been shown by timmy who now has to claim he designed websites he never designed.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by tundewoods(m): 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2008
May Allah almighty give us the grace to know when to keep quite and ignore some post ! angry
No wonder my wife always insist that this forum isn't matured enough for Adults undecided
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2008
Well, people are bound to be philosophical when they are not the ones being attacked or insulted.

When people insult you may you have all the grace in the world to ignore them.

I don't have neither do I need that type of grace.

If the forum is not ok then leave the forum and focus on other sections where they show maturity by ignoring all insults.

Sometimes I am pissed off at the level of sycophancy and hypocrisy people display and I hope this does not replicate in real life.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by tundewoods(m): 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2008
Silence and Maturity are both golden and rare.
Not all of us are gifted with it, keep talking na you get your mouth, Enjoy ! grin
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 9:52am On Mar 29, 2008
tundewoods:

Silence and Maturity are both golden and rare.
Not all of us are gifted with it, keep talking na you get your mouth, Enjoy ! grin

Thanks and I am beginning to enjoy this whole thing.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by digitalglo(m): 10:41am On Mar 29, 2008
Hello Danteweb,
Thanks for the SEO tips.I need help to get my siteswell positioned in search engines:
www.ivtel.com
www.christianvalue.net
All personal sites I just started and would be growing them for a long long time,
Any help will be be welcomed,
Thanks
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by smartsoft(m): 10:47am On Mar 29, 2008
@Tunde i can see they really force you to post something, lol  i bet  my2cent is been force and he woun't post a reply either, cos he see no reason to post. Even timmy who is the talk of the topic,whom i taught was not matured anuf, is begining to ignore the post, i can see is very matured by not replying,
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by danteweb: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ digitalglo, I see a very big virtue you possess. Right in the midst of the hostilities and aggression, you still found a space for learning. Anyways, regarding your sites, i'lld talk about ivtel, then you can apply it to the other.

First, looking through your home page, I can see that you have not chosen any 'keywords' to 'optimize'. What I mean is there is no phrase, which is very predominant in your copy(text). In essence, you need to choose a phrase which you expect your customers would type into google and develop your text around that phrase so that it comes up often. A good phrase would be 'Web Hosting Nigeria'. Once you have a high 'keyword denisity' then you are a step in the right path.
Type 'web hosting nigeria' into google to see who you are competing with.

Secondly, there is an algorithm called the google pagerank algorithm which google uses to rank pages with similar content. Let me explain this.
If you optimize your site properly and another company optimises theirs equally well, how would google know which site to display first? This is where pagerank comes in. Its very deep, so you might need to research on your own, but in a nutshell, your pagerank is a numerical figure on a scale of 1 to 10. The higher your figure is, the higher your site is placed. How do you know what your pagerank figure is?
You need to download the google toolbar and install the pagerank button. Your pagerank shows as a green bar on the google toolbar. Now if this pagerank is so important, then how do you increase your pagerank? Answer: Link building. This is also deep so you would have to research this on your own as well.

Finally, before all these things can work, your site must be indexed on google. At present, it seems your site isn't indexed on google as a search for ivtel web solutions brings no entries from your site. Therefore read on 'how to get your site indexed on google quickly'.

I have purposely used a lot of technical jargon and keywords here, so that you can type them all into google and learn more about them. Hope this helps and hope it takes this thread on a constructive and mature direction. Cheers.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by digitalglo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2008
Thanks Danteweb.
I'm gratefuland would beging something on the issues u just laid bare,
Cheers
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by timmy(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2008
@dumbsoft,   dont you ever, EVER ever in your life, call use counter words at me again, whats all that crap for angry,

@afang, too dumb to read "template inspired",

@all others, you guys should just ingore us, im only having fun with my favorite calabar soup. ironically, this thread seems to be the only reason i signin NL. so what the heck,

@mambenaje , thanks for the confidence.

@afang again, you know what? il lazy out, but if yu still got energy, bring it on  tongue,
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by damolat: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2008
Afam, at the beginning of this thread, I quite respected you and was critically concerned about what decisions you made and why you made them. I then wasted my time trying to debate reasonably with you. Now, unfortunately, you have turned yourself into a laughing stock. I would express my honest opinion, in that you should sift through this thread in your spare time, get rid of all the insults and attacks and guard jealously all the advices and tips given you so that it can in the long run, make you a better person.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2008
damolat:

Afam, at the beginning of this thread, I quite respected you and was critically concerned about what decisions you made and why you made them. I then wasted my time trying to debate reasonably with you. Now, unfortunately, you have turned yourself into a laughing stock. I would express my honest opinion, in that you should sift through this thread in your spare time, get rid of all the insults and attacks and guard jealously all the advices and tips given you so that it can in the long run, make you a better person.

My dear, I don't need advice from an idiot like you.

You have been writing nonsense because I disagreed with an advice of yours even when I thanked you for giving the advice because it was the right thing to do.

Go straight to hell and try to become a better person yourself, stop bothering about other people hypocrite like you.

Let the respect you claimed you had for me purge you for ever, it is people like you that are very poisonous and petty, silly dog.
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by damolat: 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2008
My dear, I don't need advice from an idiot like you.

You have been writing nonsense because I disagreed with an advice of yours even when I thanked you for giving the advice because it was the right thing to do.

Go straight to hell and try to become a better person yourself, stop bothering about other people hypocrite like you.

Let the respect you claimed you had for me purge you for ever, it is people like you that are very poisonous and petty, silly dog.

Nice one my brother, keep doing what you do best!!
Re: Website Review, Anyone? by Afam(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2008
Sure. Also, keep providing unsolicited advice to people even when they have asked you to keep your advice to yourself. Na by force?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand / Can A Blogger Do Without Copy And Paste? / Why Nigeria Blogs Are Semi-rated And Unprofessional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.