Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt (7897 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Workers Salary: APC Should Stop Being Shameless – Ekiti Govt / Governor Has Shown His Determination To Give Abia An Entirely New Face. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Naijaryder: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Contrary to reports in the media that Ekiti State Deputy Governor Funmilayo Olayinka has resigned her position due to ill- health, the State Government says the Deputy Governors has not tendered any resignation and is also hale and hearty.

There are reports in the online media today that Mrs. Funmilayo Olayinka has resigned due to complications arising from a cancer growth that has made it impossible for her to carry out official functions.

Daily Times put up a telephone call to the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ekiti State Olayinka Oyebode who dismissed the media report as figment of the imagination of those that wrote the story. He said the Deputy Governor as he spoke with us was in her office.

“The Deputy Governor is right in her office as I speak with you. She was away from office because of the Christmas and New Year holidays. Most people are just retuning to their desks after the holidays,” Oyebode said.

He said there are procedures for resignation by a public office holder, adding that the Governor Kayode Fayemi has no idea about any resignation by his Deputy.

“Resignation is not something you do in secret. If the Deputy Governor wants to resign, she has to tender such a letter to the Governor and nothing like that has happened,” the Governor’s media aide said.

On the health of the Deputy Governor, Oyebode said the current photograph of the Deputy Governor is on the government’s website to show the state of her health.

“There is nothing wrong with the Deputy Governor. Her current photograph is on the website for anyone to see. She is in good health,” Oyebode concluded.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/deputy-governor-funmi-olayinka-has-not-resigned-says-ekiti-govt
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by braine(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
So she changed her mind to hold power to death? I don't blame her, its not easy to let free money go like that. And I thought our leaders were beginning to care and prefer their lives to power. I pity her.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by abrat: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
Confused human being!!!
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by ndala(m): 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
Nawao naija no fit change o she imagine the kind money wey she go lose, come change her mind back grin sha i hate sepp blatter for hating the epl and for hating ronaldo undecided

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Ikoniko(f): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
mod, na wa for u o.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Apesin001: 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
which one are we going to believe. Resign or not.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by manny4life(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
^^^

Did not...
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by 80million1: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
*speechless*

While everyone were running their mouth on the Messi*Ronaldo thread,i came here and to the Glory of God,i am 7th.
Remember 7 is the number of perfection. I am blessed.

*sits down uo enjoy a Calabash of Palmwine*

as per Ekiti state government,i think they r all sick in the head!
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Ikoniko: mod, na wa for u o.
wetin e do now? Anyway sha 5th 2 comment. Oya follow do azonto... Azonto. Ah ah ah...
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
Good news. I'm in love with the woman oh; her breezy and comely appearance is second to none. Nothing must happen to her jare. Even cancer sef dey appreciate good thing.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Ikoniko(f): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Kessyy2k4: wetin e do now? Anyway sha 5th 2 comment. Oya follow do azonto... Azonto. Ah ah ah...
which one he wants us to believe ''Resign or not''
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Ponel: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
I was shocked when I heard the news that the deputy gov. Has resign, a public office holder resign in this country due to ill health thats impossible. They prefer to die in office than to resign.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Dreyl(m): 8:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
this woman ain't gonna resign,she don't wanna miss the cashflow....
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by chymystique(f): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2013
AKPORS: Hi.
LADY: Hi.
AKPORS: Is everything alright?
LADY: Yes. Just need little help from you (Smiling seductively).
AKPORS: Wow! Anything for the angel.
LADY: I...I...I...just don't know how to say this. I'll be so ashamed of myself if I ask and you say no.
AKPORS: Oh my lady. you don't have to. I am ready to do anything for you.
LADY: You know, it's been over 3 weeks since my husband travelled...
AKPORS: Yes! Yes! Yes!
LADY: And even when he's around,he has some... (pause for a while) he has some disabilities...
AKPORS: Oh poor you... You must have been going through hell!
LADY: I know you'll be stronger than him...
AKPORS: Sure.
LADY: Can you help me?
AKPORS: Wow! Now? Sure, I'm ready if you are ready.
LADY: Oh thanks goodness! that's why I came to you. Can you help me carry our deep freezer from our kitchen to the next street for repairs?
=)) =D

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by LagosBoi2(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
****they were arrested but the suspects later excaped*****

****I will run for 2015, I never said so****

****I am there now....sorry i am almost there.....sorry hold up dey road, i nor fit come again****

Na ***NAIJA*** we dey !!!

1 Like

Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by princeFAD: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
can someone tell me pls when photograph has become a test for someone's health status?
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Ponel: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
prince FAD: can someone tell me pls when photograph has become a test for someone's health status?

I think your question should be directed to Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of ekiti state, he can tell us.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
It is sad that people are coming here to insult the deputy governor.
The fact is that the woman is hale and healthy and does NOT have cancer.
Instead of insulting her we should blame the Nairaland system that allows anyone to come on line to post falsehood and the moderators hoist it on the front page without confirmation.
Quite frankly the front page of Nairaland has become a sick joke.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Does any politician in Nig ever resign until they die in office?
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dont worry guys i've neva seen any nig politician resign whether because of sickness or scandal.lai lai
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by alfredo4u(m): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2013
1st to koment!
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Lagoseko(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2013
There is no sweet without bitter.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Worldlife: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
And where are the people that hail her
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Moderator, take away the other thread about her resignation from the frontpage.
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
na wa ooo

monday: governor resign
tuesday:na lie

monday:Police collect bribe
tuesday news: na lie

wed:Someboday abuse pastor
thursady: na lie

friday: fashols beg dangote for photo
satuyrday: na lie

haba all dis information sumersault
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by omarky(m): 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
I wonder why nigerian take pretty when dy hear bad thinz about public office holder
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by Dreyl(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
chymystique: AKPORS: Hi.
LADY: Hi.
AKPORS: Is everything alright?
LADY: Yes. Just need little help from you (Smiling seductively).
AKPORS: Wow! Anything for the angel.
LADY: I...I...I...just don't know how to say this. I'll be so ashamed of myself if I ask and you say no.
AKPORS: Oh my lady. you don't have to. I am ready to do anything for you.
LADY: You know, it's been over 3 weeks since my husband travelled...
AKPORS: Yes! Yes! Yes!
LADY: And even when he's around,he has some... (pause for a while) he has some disabilities...
AKPORS: Oh poor you... You must have been going through hell!
LADY: I know you'll be stronger than him...
AKPORS: Sure.
LADY: Can you help me?
AKPORS: Wow! Now? Sure, I'm ready if you are ready.
LADY: Oh thanks goodness! that's why I came to you. Can you help me carry our deep freezer from our kitchen to the next street for repairs?
=)) =D
funny... but this not a joke section
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by toprealman: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
HALE and HEARTY?
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by aare07(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
therefore, she send me my thanks to me Back.......
who cares...........
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by aare07(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
the previous thread was generated by Nairaland's Management to gain admission into ACN government
Seun you are shouting yourself.............
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by lukaino(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Na lie abi? Ok na, na here i siddon cross leg dey sip red wine till d truth go show for 3d wit surround.. Mtchewwwww
Re: Deputy Governor Has Not Resigned - Ekiti Govt by lekzyn(m): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
you guys should not disturbed yourself, this woman is really strong and healthy for Christ sake, i watched her at EKTV 7pm news very strong in a programme. weting dey do ali this bad belle self

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Allegedly Refunds $16million NNPC Stolen Fund / Supplementary Elections: IGP Deploys 5 DIGs, 3 AIGs, 15 CPs / Amaechi: Buhari Creating Jobs With Rail Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.