Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian (12481 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bélla3: :-/whatin is nt the mearin of ris ur pose?
Just doing my best to post something as meaningless as your initial post.
I try abi?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Bella3(f): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Just doing my best to post something as meaningless as your initial post.
I try abi?
you try!grin
90/100
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:

Just one question. Let's find out how much the Spirit can reveal to you.

Without the Old testament, will there be a new testament?

What Scriptures did Jesus preach from while he lived on earth?

What religion did Jesus practice?

Oopp... That's 3..
1. Old testament did not give birth to new testament. Furthermore, new testament came because old testament was nolonger useful, its just like buying a new flat screen TV to replace ur old bulky panasonic cupboard-like tv, the new testament is a complet diff arangement for a new nation (christianity) from the old arrangement between God and the nation of Isreal(judaism). With dife laws ie law of Moses(old) and law of the Spirit(new) Rome 8:1-8. So new testament has nothing to do with old testament, its like if you vote out Gej-PDP and vote in ACN-Ribadu, can u blame Ribadu fos what Gej did just because they are operating the same constitution? 2. No Christ did not preach old testament read Matt 5 especially 21-47 3.How can Christ pratice a religion? DO YOU KNOW WHO CHRIST IS? Ignorance is bad. CHRIST PRACTICE A RELIGION? OMG
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ all, imagine an atheist asking what religion Christ practiced. Foolishness go kill these ppl o! It is true o -"the fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom", Muskeeto, wisdom is the principal thing, therefor get wisdom, and in all tiy geting, get understanding". Be inspired. God bless
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: 1. Old testament did not give birth to new testament. Furthermore, new testament came because old testament was nolonger useful, its just like buying a new flat screen TV to replace ur old bulky panasonic cupboard-like tv, the new testament is a complet diff arangement for a new nation (christianity) from the old arrangement between God and the nation of Isreal(judaism). With dife laws ie law of Moses(old) and law of the Spirit(new) Rome 8:1-8. So new testament has nothing to do with old testament, its like if you vote out Gej-PDP and vote in ACN-Ribadu, can u blame Ribadu fos what Gej did just because they are operating the same constitution? 2. No Christ did not preach old testament read Matt 5 especially 21-47 3.How can Christ pratice a religion? DO YOU KNOW WHO CHRIST IS? Ignorance is bad. CHRIST PRACTICE A RELIGION? OMG
Lol...
1. The Old testament has nothing to do with the New Testament yet Jesus quoted extensively from the OT.

2. What exactly did Jesus preach from when he visited the Synagogue?
"Do not think that
I came to abolish the Law or the
Prophets; I did not come to abolish
but to fulfill," ( Matt. 5:17).

Then
beginning with Moses and with all
the prophets, He explained to them
the things concerning Himself in all
the Scriptures," (NASB, Luke 24:27

3. If Jesus didn't practice any religion, was he irreligious or atheist? Remember Jesus was a Jew... Why did the Pharisees and Saduccees hate him?

You've been an embarassment to Christianity so far....

1 Like

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Goshen360(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol...
1. The Old testament has nothing to do with the New Testament yet Jesus quoted extensively from the OT.

"Do not think that

Yes, Christ had to live and follow the law until his death brought and end to the law of Moses. Then he fulfilled it. He cannot abolish it while he lives. Let's start to fly scriptures now.... cheesy

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Christ is the fulfillment of Moses' Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God's approval.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
[ For] Christ ended [is the end/culmination/fulfillment of] the law so that everyone who believes in him may be right with God [have righteousness].

Romans 10:4

musKeeto:

Then
the Scriptures,"
(NASB, Luke 24:27

What does this mean? What are the things concerning him that he explained. Under the OT, those things were in shadows and NOW, Faith in Christ is the substance.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The law is only an unclear picture [ shadow] of the good things coming in the future; it is not the real thing [reality itself; true image of them]. The people under the law offer the same sacrifices every year, but these sacrifices can never make perfect those who come near to worship God. - Hebrews 10:1
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol...

"Do not think that

Then

3. If Jesus didn't practice any religion, was he irreligious or atheist? Remember Jesus was a Jew... Why did the Pharisees and Saduccees hate him?

you are an atheist quoting from the bible does that make you a christian? Am sure one or both of ur parents have one form of religion or the other dose that make u to believe in God? As you find urself in Nl to discus and quote from the bible it can not make u a practising Christian. Pls learn! CHRIST NEVER PRACTICE JUDAISM or any other religion. Its a pitty u can only read the bible but will never understand let alone explain it. Did u read Matt 5? Or ure buzy looking for isolated verse(s) to ridicule urself?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Goshen360(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ musKeeto,

Take a look at this. There are times in the biblical period called dispensations. Ephesians 1:10. Under the dispensation (time period) of national Israel, it was only between God and Israel and was governed by the OT. In this dispensation (of Grace), God is working with the church and that includes both universal believers and national Israel. God cannot and doesn't work with this dispensation by the OT.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
His goal was to carry out his plan, when the right time came [or at the time of fulfillment;  in the fullness of the times], that all things in heaven and on earth would be joined together [unified; or summed up; or renewed] in Christ as the head. - Ephesians 1:10

Below scripture clearly says the first or old covenant was ONLY between God and national Israel, not with the Church because the church was instituted by the death and blood of Christ.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The first agreement [covenant; contract; given to Israel through Moses; 8:7, 13] had rules [regulations; requirements] for worship and a place on earth for worship [ earthly sanctuary/holy place].

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. - Hebrews 9:1

It says between God and Israel, NOT between God and the Church.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360: @ musKeeto,

Take a look at this. There are times in the biblical period called dispensations. Ephesians 1:10. Under the dispensation (time period) of national Israel, it was only between God and Israel and was governed by the OT. In this dispensation (of Grace), God is working with the church and that includes both universal believers and national Israel. God cannot and doesn't work with this dispensation by the OT.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
His goal was to carry out his plan, when the right time came [or at the time of fulfillment;  in the fullness of the times], that all things in heaven and on earth would be joined together [unified; or summed up; or renewed] in Christ as the head. - Ephesians 1:10

Below scripture clearly says the first or old covenant was ONLY between God and national Israel, not with the Church because the church was instituted by the death and blood of Christ.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
The first agreement [covenant; contract; given to Israel through Moses; 8:7, 13] had rules [regulations; requirements] for worship and a place on earth for worship [ earthly sanctuary/holy place].

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. - Hebrews 9:1

It says between God and Israel, NOT between God and the Church.

OGA Goshen, Welcome.

Wasn't Jesus an Israelite? A seed of Jacob? Therefore that covenant also applied to him, right?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: you are an atheist quoting from the bible does that make you a christian? Am sure one or both of ur parents have one form of religion or the other dose that make u to believe in God? As you find urself in Nl to discus and quote from the bible it can not make u a practising Christian. Pls learn! CHRIST NEVER PRACTICE JUDAISM or any other religion. Its a pitty u can only read the bible but will never understand let alone explain it. Did u read Matt 5? Or ure buzy looking for isolated verse(s) to ridicule urself?
Stilll blabing.. don't worry, GOSHEN360 is here to save your arse.. hopefully..

Emmanuel Bassey, please take a seat and learn some lessons wink
I'm done with you... you're like the isam (periwinkle) in my soup... lots of them but not as juicy as the beef in the center.. tongue
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Goshen360(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:

OGA Goshen, Welcome.

Wasn't Jesus an Israelite? A seed of Jacob? Therefore that covenant also applied to him, right?

Yes, the old covenant applied to him but he had to live it and fulfill it in order to bring it to an end so as to establish the new. God found fault with the people in keeping the old. Therefore, the dispensation to change came and the old was set aside.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes, the old covenant applied to him but he had to live it and fulfill it in order to bring it to an end and to establish the new. God found fault with the people in keeping the old. Therefore, the dispensation to change came and the old was set aside.
Of course, so without the old, there can be no new. Jesus himself quoted extensively from the Old Testament.

My aim here is not to distinguish the OT from the NT. As far as I'm concerned, there was a greater one (Jesus' father) who was in charge from the OT to the NT.

Was Jesus' father, Yahweh, the same God of THE Old Testament?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol...

"Do not think that

Then

my friend the law/prophets only 'prophesied what was to happen in future, just to prepare them to also benefit from it, but it has no 'vital' link, the old is canal, the new is Spiritual. Guy You are an outsider, you cant understand this thing. Its like a blind man trying to explain the colours spectrum. Imposible. You have to believe in Jesus first. Otherwise it will remain a permanent nigt duty for you.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Goshen360(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:

Of course, so without the new, there can be no old. Jesus himself quoted extensively from the Old Testament.

Do you mean to say "without the old, there cannot be new"? Well, either way you meant it. The OT is only pointing to Christ in form of shadows and types. The old also let us understand God started with just a nation which was also a type and shadow of the church but not the church for one national geographical nation does not represent the universal church.

musKeeto:

My aim here is not to distinguish the OT from the NT. As far as I'm concerned, there was a greater one (Jesus' father) who was in charge from the OT to the NT.

Off course we have to distinguish between the old and the new because God himself distinguished. He set aside the OT in order to establish the NT. We don't have to mix things up. There is a purpose for the OT and also the NT.

musKeeto:

Yes, God is the same God of the OT and of the NT. You need to understand he was ONLY dealing with a nation then, just one at that dispensation. The law was then applied for the purpose of training that one nation to obedient until Christ will come.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360:
Do you mean to say "without the old, there cannot be new"? Well, either way you meant it. The OT is only pointing to Christ in form of shadows and types. The old also let us understand God started with just a nation which was also a type and shadow of the church but not the church for one national geographical nation does not represent the universal church.
Yeah, made the correction already. Thanks

Goshen360:
Off course we have to distinguish between the old and the new because God himself distinguished. He set aside the OT in order to establish the NT. We don't have to mix things up. There is a purpose for the OT and also the NT.
OK...

Goshen360:
Yes, God is the same God of the OT and of the NT. You need to understand he was ONLY dealing with a nation then, just one at that dispensation. The law was then applied for the purpose of training that one nation to obedient until Christ will come.
If the purpose of the LAW was to make the Children of Israel OBEDIENT.. it failed woefully.. Yahweh performs wonder upon wonder, miracle upon miracle, and yet in every other chapter the people either complain or rebel. He sends numerous prophets and yet things keep getting worse, never better..

God continued to receive so much butthurt from the Israelites.
Amos 2:
6 This is what the Lord says: “For three sins of Israel,even for four, I will not relent. They sell the innocent for silver,and the needy for a pair of sandals.
7 They trample on the heads of the poor as on the dust of the ground and deny justice to the oppressed. Father and son use the same girl and so profane my holy name.
8 They lie down beside every altar on garments taken in pledge. In the house of their god they drink wine taken as fines.
9 “Yet I destroyed the Amorites before them,though they were tall as the cedars and strong as the oaks. I destroyed their fruit above and their roots below.
10 I brought you up out of Egypt and led you forty years in the wilderness to give you the land of the Amorites.
11 “I also raised up prophets from among your children and Nazirites from among your youths. Is this not true, people of Israel?”
declares the Lord.
12 “But you made the Nazirites drink wine and commanded the prophets not to prophesy.
13 “Now then, I will crush you as a cart crushes when loaded with grain.
14 The swift will not escape,the strong will not muster their strength,and the warrior will not save his life.
15 The archer will not stand his ground,the fleet-footed soldier will not get away,and the horseman will not save his life.
16 Even the bravest warriors will flee naked on that day,”declares the Lord.

Alright, so the LAW failed. And now HE's sent HIS Son and still the 'CHURCH' keeps failing, keeps abusing his grace. And you know exactly what I mean by church.

If Yahweh is the same God of the NT, he really, really had some deep emotional issues then. Some of the verses I posted earlier don't make for good reading.. Jesus was a much better representation of love as described in 1 Corinthians 13, than his dad..
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by plaetton: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: You can never understand the bible with sense knowledge. Do you know what Christianity is? What is the the relationship between Christianity and the old testament? Do you know that what you call christianity is actually Judaism and there is a big diff between the two? You are and atheist, u can never understand religion talk less of Christiamity

I always love this part when they tell you that can never understand the bible with "sense knowledge".

I guess the ones you have been quoting were understood without sense knowledge?.
So Judaism is different from christrianity?
Two religions with one god at the center?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
plaetton:

I always love this part when they tell you that can never understand the bible with "sense knowledge".

I guess the ones you have been quoting were understood without sense knowledge?.
So Judaism is different from christrianity?
Two religions with one god at the center?
Don't mind the learner... grin

Jesus was irreligious.. that's a new one..
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Of course, so without the old, there can be no new. Jesus himself quoted extensively from the Old Testament.

the old testament did not give birth to new testament, but it existed with all the priestly arrangement which was at the core. Now if old testament gave birth to the new, there would have been a handing over of the priesthood ie from whosoever was the high priest to Chriest, but Christ priesthood is not Aeronous but a standalone after the order (just like the priesthood) of Melchizedek. Yes Christ earthly parents were jews. He ate jewish food, culture and eveything jewish until he came to of age, that was it, he never practice religion, read ur bible, infact most of the things he did was against the jewish religion eg working on the sabath day
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Don't mind the learner... grin

Jesus was irreligious.. that's a new one..
what you dont know, you dont know. CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: the old testament did not give birth to new testament, but it existed with all the priestly arrangement which was at the core. Now if old testament gave birth to the new, there would have a handing over of the priesthood ie from whosoever was the high priest to Chriest, but Christ priesthood is not Aeronous but a standalone after the order (just like the priesthood) of Melchizedek. Yes Christ earthly parents were jews. He ate jewish food, culture and eveything jewish until he came to of age, that was it, he never practice religion, read ur bible, infact most of the things he did was against the jewish religion eg working on the sabath day
Can you fulfill the tenets of Islam without being a Muslim?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Goshen360(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:

If the purpose of the LAW was to make the Children of Israel OBEDIENT.. it failed woefully.. Yahweh performs wonder upon wonder, miracle upon miracle, and yet in every other chapter the people either complain or rebel. He sends numerous prophets and yet things keep getting worse, never better..

God continued to receive so much butthurt from the Israelites.

It wasn't the law that failed. The law was good in its intention from God. Just like if our biological father tell us not to go near the fire. It is because he understand we will get hurt. It was the people that were disobedient and hardened in heart and rebellion. Take a look at this verse,

New International Version (©1984)
But God found fault with the people and said: "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. - Hebrews 8:8

There wasn't fault in the OT or the law at the time and intention with which it was given but the people. Like you rightly pointed, it wasn't God but the people. The same goes today, if there is war in this world, is it God or we, the people living in the world? We cannot blame everything on God after he had given us the best way to live - the way of love.

musKeeto:

Alright, so the LAW failed. And now HE's sent HIS Son and still the 'CHURCH' keeps failing, keeps abusing his grace. And you know exactly what I mean by church.

Yes, I understand what you mean and I agree with you. Many of us Christian abuse the grace of God but it is non-the-less a better covenant. Those who understand that grace is not a license to continue to violate God's instruction surely understand grace enables them to overcome because the more we live under the law the more it brings out sin in us and also gives strength to sin but grace enables us to live above sin when understood. Well, not too many of us understand the grace subject though so I won't speak for all.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Can you fulfill the tenets of Islam without being a Muslim?
I am a christian and not a jew
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Stilll blabing.. don't worry, GOSHEN360 is here to save your arse.. hopefully..

Emmanuel Bassey, please take a seat and learn some lessons wink
I'm done with you... you're like the isam (periwinkle) in my soup... lots of them but not as juicy as the beef in the center.. tongue
the argument of deaf and dunb or what we call buhari, answer my question, does quoting from the bible make atheists christians?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: the argument of deaf and dunb or what we call buhari, answer my question, does quoting from the bible make atheists christians?
Question should be does quoting the Bible make 'anyone' a Christian?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
christemmbassey: I am a christian and not a jew
And this is an answer to what question?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Question should be does quoting the Bible make 'anyone' a Christian?
what ever just answer the question, i no say u de fear.
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by wiegraf: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
TIL: frankly too much. I wish I could take it back. The horrors...

The butthurt is amazing, but I still think stoopid would be a better source of energy to power us to the stars

Ah, I'm in the way.. My bad, lemme back up a bit

Edit: seriously, you should put 18+ in the title to give us v.irgins a heads up
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
And this is an answer to what question?
pity u did not understand, ok i am not a muslim, dont know the tenets of islam
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol...

"Do not think that

Then

there is diff between 'give birth to' and 'have something to do with'
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by christemmbassey(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
And muskeeto surenders. Just like them Atheists. Muskeeto you must come back here, where u de run go?
Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by cyrexx: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2013

Re: Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
wiegraf: TIL: frankly too much. I wish I could take it back. The horrors...

The butthurt is amazing, but I still think stoopid would be a better source of energy to power us to the stars

Ah, I'm in the way.. My bad, lemme back up a bit

Edit: seriously, you should put 18+ in the title to give us v.irgins a heads up
Heheehe...

Have you seen the solution to that riddle? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Evolution And The Seagull Dance. / Have You Ever Been Mobbed By Angels ? / Don't Look For Deliverance - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.