Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY (7250 Views)

Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) / PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit / Gov.oshiomole Vs. Gen Airhiavbere:wil U Vote For LOOKS Or BRAINS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by GARRIx7(m): 5:38am On Jan 08, 2013
Airhiavbere vs Oshiomhole: S-Court slates Friday for judgment
ABUJA—The Supreme Court, yesterday, adjourned till Friday to determine whether it will be proper to compel Governor Adams Oshiomohole of Edo State to prove the authenticity of his educational qualifications before the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in the state.

A seven-man panel of Justices of the apex court fixed the date for judgment after they heard two separate appeals that were filed by Oshiomohole, who is challenging the verdict of an Appeal Court sitting in Benin.

The appellate court had in its judgment on an application  by candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the July 14, 2012, governorship election in Edo State, Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (rtd.), ordered a retrial of the petition querying Oshiomhole’s primary and modern school qualifications.

PDP candidate had contended  that Governor Oshiomohole was not eligible ab-initio to contest both the 2007 and 2012 gubernatorial elections, insisting that the certificates he (Oshiomohole) used to secure clearance from Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, were bogus.

Airhiavbere argued that Oshiomhole was not eligible to contest the election on grounds of his academic qualification, as provided for in the Electoral Act and the 1999 Constitution.

Though the Tribunal led by Justice Suleiman Ambrusa, had in a judgment it delivered on September 27, dismissed the contention of the petitioner as baseless, however, the appellate court, on November 15, 2012, maintained that PDP candidate’s application had merit and should be heard de-novo (afresh).

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/airhiavbere-vs-oshiomhole-s-court-slates-friday-for-judgment/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter[b][/b]
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by toprealman: 6:10am On Jan 08, 2013
Will be an interesting judgement.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by GARRIx7(m): 8:44am On Jan 08, 2013
toprealman: Will be an interesting judgement.

I fear for Oshiomole
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by antontech(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why can't people help their own state,why distracting a working Gov.Saw him on TV yesterday chasing away roadside and drainage way sellers.Keep up the good work

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by sweetgala(m): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Irrespective of formal qualifications we can all see the great work this man is doing, and I would never forget the great deeds he performed as a leading union representative.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Binary(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
All these are irrelevant to Edo people, what Edo people want is development... over the years numbers of Educated Govs. has failed. Is only the blind man that can not see the Good work the Crmd. Gov is doing in the state. Charles should accept his defeats and enter house. Sha, dem know say our president na Dr. I nor talk am pass there...lol

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Decapo: 12:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oshiomole. All theee. Wwayy

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
So pdp is really planning to take edo state back to the dark ages ? Nawao

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by anelka101(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
don mind osimole,he is not that reliable

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Joey82(m): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oshionhole may be doing a good job and i like him as aperson but if for any circumstance he is found guilty of forging his certs, he should be prosecuted and jailed to serve as deterrent to other politicians intending to do same.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by donphilopus: 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Airhiaubere shame on you. You lack allegation,Adams keep moving. How can a crook challange a pure man? Adams .[lol]Airhiaubere shame on you. You lack allegation,Adams keep moving. How can a crook challange a pure man? Adams .[lol]Airhiaubere shame on you. You lack allegation,Adams keep moving. How can a crook challange a pure man? Adams .[lol]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by TableLeg(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
S/hit is crazy in Nigeria ... Politicians trying to bring each other down ... Politicians and public office holders forging educational certificates and qualifications .. lawsuits and petitions here and there!
SMH!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by LaBonito(f): 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
After the judgement wat next?
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by aglomar: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
PDP has never truly won even a local government election, but perhaps through the ignorance of the electorate which has since being pierced. Oshiomole won by one of the widest margins in the history of election in Nigeria.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by creativemusic: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by franchizy(m): 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
This is why we say politics is a game. I see Adams leaving the Govt House Benin
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Leofric(m): 1:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mr major you are fighting a lost battle cos you said in court that you are aware the baba oshio won the election but you have problem with his educational qualities.....I would advice you to chicken out of this fight cos oshiomole has already proved its worth to the people of edo state.for more that a decade the state has not experienced any development and now that there is somebody you are bringing useless and baseless accusation.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by jadelyn007(f): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
I don't give a damn about his academic qualifications,all I know is that d work he has done in edo state n d development he has brot to d state,even our so-called Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has not done a quarter.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by jadakiss213(m): 1:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
franchizy: This is why we say politics is a game. I see Adams leaving the Govt House Benin
yeah right..in ur dreams shey??
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by warrior101: 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
franchizy: This is why we say politics is a game. I see Adams leaving the Govt House Benin

Ding! ding!! ding!!!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by oyeleyemaureen(m): 1:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
this pdp guy should go and sit down jare and stop crying over a spilt milk
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by ortopazz(m): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
All this Noise what for? U mean Oshomole, as in Adams Oshomole became N.L.C president, with bogus qualifications?, became Governor with bogus qualifications? And now in his 2nd term we now discover that his qualifications are bogus, what a waste of time.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
ortopazz: All this Noise what for? U mean Oshomole, as in Adams Oshomole became N.L.C president, with bogus qualifications?, became Governor with bogus qualifications? And now in his 2nd term we now discover that his qualifications are bogus, what a waste of time.
Attention seeking party...so dumb & full of dim-witted people...thought he has already shut his mouth
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Olanlere11: 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let the law have it's course. If it is however discovered that Osho does not have elem six certificate then he should Honourable bow out.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Teejayphillip(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
We kipin our fingers n hand crossed..

Bur i doubt it....
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by simongonner: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
The people of Edo loves Oshiomhole...Airhiavbere is doing all this for is selfish interest..mr man WHAT WE DO FOR OURSELVES DIES WITH US BUT WAT WE DO FOR OUR COUNTRY AND THE WORLD LIVES FOREVER....
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
jadelyn007: I don't give a damn about his academic qualifications,all I know is that d work he has done in edo state n d development he has brot to d state,even our so-called Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has not done a quarter.

You don't give a damn if he forge his academic qualification because is doing his work right? You are high!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
ortopazz: All this Noise what for? U mean Oshomole, as in Adams Oshomole became N.L.C president, with bogus qualifications?, became Governor with bogus qualifications? And now in his 2nd term we now discover that his qualifications are bogus, what a waste of time.
hahahahahhaha......Ultimate Gbam!!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
The prophecies of what the court will do and nothing more pretentious are what I mean by the law
Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by GARRIx7(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Don't get it twisted:
ABUJA—The Supreme Court, yesterday, adjourned till Friday to determine [size=18pt]whether it will be proper to compel Governor Adams Oshiomohole of Edo State to prove the authenticity of his educational qualifications before the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in the state[/size].

So even if Oshiomole loses at the Supreme Court, he still remains the Governor EXCEPT HE FAILS TO PROVE THE AUTHENTICITY OF HIS EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY by deletrue: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
jadelyn007: I don't give a damn about his academic qualifications,all I know is that d work he has done in edo state n d development he has brot to d state,even our so-called Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has not done a quarter.
Some of you are so manerless that at a time it will be abnormal to describe you as two percent human. What has made you so frustrated? Is it appropriate to trace this your off tract trait to poor home bring? Or could it be that you mismanaged your precious time while you were young and that you see nothing better in yourself? What has brought the name of janah into this issue? You are no doubt a deviants!
Osho is about the best for now but if he is found to be carrying that certificate, he should face the law. That is all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Visit : Buhari Fumbles Again (video) - Igberetvnews.com / ​ 1yr In Office: FG Appreciates Nigerians For Their Support, Perseverance / Gov. Nyesom Wike And Kenny Blaq Rumoured To Be Cultists (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.