Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) (1968 Views)

The International Media On Buhari’s Certificate Saga, Lessons To The Our Media / Oshiomole Vs Airhiavbere: Judgement slated for TODAY / Gov.oshiomole Vs. Gen Airhiavbere:wil U Vote For LOOKS Or BRAINS? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by FreeGlobe(f): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
why we all agree oshiomole is performing in his state contrary Fashola whose performance is hyped by the SW media one thing is noteworthy about these APC governors. Their ability to manage defining controversies. Deportation saga for Fashola and 'Go and die saga' for oshiomole.
Why oshiomole has proved to be the bigger man and better democrat by quickly going beyond mere apologies to offering life changing succor to his victims, Fashola on the other hand has not thought it wise to go beyond his 'conceited' apology to the igbos and offer a lifeline to the deported destitutes. There are many lessons to be learnt from this similar scenarios but I will leave it to you to do yourselves.

brb
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by FreeGlobe(f): 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
in foreign countries oshiomole would have resigned over this crude and barbaric statement. we reject this apology. oshiomole must invite her to the govt house or visit her or make a statement of apology. Its not as if he has programs for widows.
Advice from freeglobe to oshiomole after he made his initial apology.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by aljharem(m): 4:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
I actually agree with you, most people once they get to the position of power forget how they started as well.

One must alway think of how things were yesterday and things will be tomorrow when dishing out words.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by mrofficial(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
*Yawns*

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe: why we all agree oshiomole is performing in his state contrary Fashola whose performance is hyped by the SW media one thing is noteworthy about these APC governors. Their ability to manage defining controversies. Deportation saga for Fashola and 'Go and die saga' for oshiomole.
Why oshiomole has proved to be the bigger man and better democrat by quickly going beyond mere apologies to offering life changing succor to his victims,[b] Fashola on the other hand has not thought it wise to go beyond his 'conceited' apology to the igbos and offer a lifeline to the deported destitutes. [/b]There are many lessons to be learnt from this similar scenarios but I will leave it to you to do yourselves.

brb

First of all, Fashola did not issue an apology for sending destitutes back to Anambra. He only apologized to people who may have misunderstood his motives...like you.

Secondly, rather than pushing for Fashola to extend a hand to destitutes who are now most likely happily reunited with their families in Anambra, I think you should urge Governor Obi to extend lifelines to them given his current spate of benevolence sharing cars to senior civil servants and traditional rulers.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by FreeGlobe(f): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

First of all, Fashola did not issue an apology for sending destitutes back to Anambra. He only apologized to people who may have misunderstood his motives...like you.

Secondly, rather than pushing for Fashola to extend a hand to destitutes who are now most likely happily reunited with their families in Anambra, I think you should urge Governor Obi to extend lifelines to them given his current spate of benevolence sharing cars to senior civil servants and traditional rulers.
Look this is not about tribe but personalities involved and their actions but if you want to make it about tribe then be my guest! I just don't want this thread moved to the ethnic section
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by FreeGlobe(f): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
alj harem: I actually agree with you, most people once they get to the position of power forget how they started as well.

One must alway think of how things were yesterday and things will be tomorrow when dishing out words.
alh harem? I want to make sure I quote this post before you change your mind cheesy cheesy
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by plaindealer: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe: why we all agree oshiomole is performing in his state contrary Fashola whose performance is hyped by the SW media one thing is noteworthy about these APC governors. Their ability to manage defining controversies. Deportation saga for Fashola and 'Go and die saga' for oshiomole.
Why oshiomole has proved to be the bigger man and better democrat by quickly going beyond mere apologies to offering life changing succor to his victims, Fashola on the other hand has not thought it wise to go beyond his 'conceited' apology to the igbos and offer a lifeline to the deported destitutes. There are many lessons to be learnt from this similar scenarios but I will leave it to you to do yourselves.

brb

Funny enough, Obi didn't offer any apology to the SE folks he deported and no such demand or castigation was made by you and your kind..

Hypocrisy stinks..

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Look this is not about tribe but personalities involved and their actions but if you want to make it about tribe then be my guest! I just don't want this thread moved to the ethnic section

What is it about my post that gave you the impression that I am "making this about tribe?" Did you see me write or mention anything ethnic in my post?

Fashola is the governor of Lagos and Peter Obi is the governor of Anambra. I am neither Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa and the ethnic sabre rattling on Nairaland disgusts me to the pit of my stomach. I only disagreed with a view you held and methinks I'm within my rights to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by FreeGlobe(f): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

What is it about my post that gave you the impression that I am "making this about tribe?" Did you see me write or mention anything ethnic in my post?

Fashola is the governor of Lagos and Peter Obi is the governor of Anambra. I am neither Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa and the ethnic sabre rattling on Nairaland disgusts me to the pit of my stomach. I only disagreed with a view you held and methinks I'm within my rights to do that.

was it Peter obi that deported the destitutes, this thread is about the actions of the major actors and how they handled their victims. Don't you get it?
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
was it Peter obi that deported the destitutes, this thread is about the actions of the major actors and how they handled their victims. Don't you get it?

We apparently have different views about what transpired during the so-called "deportation" saga.

Fashola has explained the situation and apologized to all those who misunderstood his intentions by sending the destitutes back home.

Peter Obi did not "deport" the destitutes quite alright. But now, they are in his state. He owes them the responsibility of rehabilitating them.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by dridowu: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
mr.official:
*Yawns*
*********kills houseflies throw it in its mouth*************
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin

Is it a must to open a thread daily ?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Adams Oshiomole exhibited maturity and sensibility. He made a costly mistake but he corrected it immediately, knowing that it may kill his political career. Fashiola was very arrogant, he felt too big to show remorse for his action. He was busy using propagandists to justify his action insteady of amending his ways. That is why Igbos see his party as an evil party, if not his action Ngige could have won unopposed, non of the contestants in the Anambra election can challenge Ngige in term of popularity. Fashiola has already brought the hatred and his party will suffer it beyond 2015, both in Igboland in Nigeria at large. The Igbos both in SS/SE and all the good people of Nigeria will return Jonathan in 2015, there may be demonstrations in SW and NE/NW may be bombing themselves and normal activities will be going on in the SE/SS and Middle belt.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Arosa(m): 8:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
dridowu: *********kills houseflies throw it in its mouth*************

grin grin grin Why do you call him it, do you think he is a frog?
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by biafranqueen: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Social Media is amazing the revolution without blood shedding has begun. This goes to show the average citizen in Nigeria that you must speak up for yourself and the community. A closed mouth will not be fed!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by donphilopus: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Advice from freeglobe to oshiomole after he made his initial apology.
Has he not apologised now?? I wonder why some people so now want to say anything concerning armored car saga!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by theoctopus: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

We apparently have different views about what transpired during the so-called "deportation" saga.

Fashola has explained the situation and apologized to all those who misunderstood his intentions by sending the destitutes back home.

Peter Obi did not "deport" the destitutes quite alright. But now, they are in his state. He owes them the responsibility of rehabilitating them.

I really didnt want to comment on this thread but it irks me when I see falsehood like the one you are spitting.

1. Fashola never sent anyone to their families. He arrested people illegally, kept some of them for as much as 7 months incommunicado, and dumped them under a bridge by upper Iweka at 3pm in the early hours of the morning. How is that reuniting people with their families? Do their families live under the bridge? I dont get it!

2. The people that were deported where from different states, not Anambra state, so what has Peter Obi got to do with it? Again, that is another proof that they not returned to their families. Some where even from some south south states.

It is funny that you want to distort a well documented historical event just because you support a party or a politician. Thank God that the Internet is one big database. Please try another line

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by 5thNOTE: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oyenjiuwa, u have said it all. Let them threaten hell if GEJ decide to contest in 2015, it is his constitutional right. All those schemism they agreed on in secrecy is fooly 4 them.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Omexonomy: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
Two kokonut head governos that act b4 they think
ilugunboy: grin grin grin grin grin

Is it a must to open a thread daily ?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Let me tell you what God reveal to me in my dream.in 2015 Lagos will be taken from Apc and given to Pdp.PDP is already reaching out to the aggrieved igbo in lagos with the ss.in that dream yoruba lagos pdp team up with igbo and other tribes and they capture the stronghold of Apc
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
theoctopus:

I really didnt want to comment on this thread but it irks me when I see falsehood like the one you are spitting.

1. Fashola never sent anyone to their families. He arrested people illegally, kept some of them for as much as 7 months incommunicado, and dumped them under a bridge by upper Iweka at 3pm in the early hours of the morning. How is that reuniting people with their families? Do their families live under the bridge? I dont get it!

2. The people that were deported where from different states, not Anambra state, so what has Peter Obi got to do with it? Again, that is another proof that they not returned to their families. Some where even from some south south states.

It is funny that you want to distort a well documented historical event just because you support a party or a politician. Thank God that the Internet is one big database. Please try another line

Well documented historical facts you say? You need to review your historical facts my friend. This time through the eyes of a Nigerian and not just an Igbo man.

I do not belong to any party. Sincerely you will find that not everyone that holds a contrary view to yours is a member of the opposition party.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by theoctopus: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

Well documented historical facts you say? You need to review your historical facts my friend. This time through the eyes of a Nigerian and not just an Igbo man.

I do not belong to any party. Sincerely you will find that not everyone that holds a contrary view to yours is a member of the opposition party.

You are not only partisan, you have also become a bigot! What has being Igbo got to do with my post?

And for the records, I am not Igbo but if I was, I would be proud of it! You are ridiculous!

NB: You didnt even address my post because you know you have goofed! The families of those folks dont live under the bridge at upper Iweka and 3am in the morning is certainly not the best time to wake them up to receive the long lost ones.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: Adams Oshiomole exhibited maturity and sensibility. He made a costly mistake but he corrected it immediately, knowing that it may kill his political career. Fashiola was very arrogant, he felt too big to show remorse for his action. He was busy using propagandists to justify his action insteady of amending his ways. That is why Igbos see his party as an evil party, if not his action Ngige could have won unopposed, non of the contestants in the Anambra election can challenge Ngige in term of popularity. Fashiola has already brought the hatred and his party will suffer it beyond 2015, both in Igboland in Nigeria at large. The Igbos both in SS/SE and all the good people of Nigeria will return Jonathan in 2015, there may be demonstrations in SW and NE/NW may be bombing themselves and normal activities will be going on in the SE/SS and Middle belt.

The failure of Anambra people to elect Ngige despite his popularity will not hurt the south west. It will hurt the people of Anambra State. Have you not heard it said that no sane person cuts off his nose to spite his face?

How can you rob yourselves of the opportunity to elect someone who will bring development to your state in order to spite a governor of another state? I wish y'all luck with the new governor because if he is anything like the current gentleman in the area of performance, you are all sitting on a long thing.

It wasn't only the SE and SS that made Jonathan President. It was votes from all over Nigeria. He is not a SE President, he is the President of Nigeria. In 2014, if he makes it thought he PDP primaries, he is going to require the votes of all Nigerians to be returned to office. Stop making that process hard for him with all these kind of statements that defy logical reasoning.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Reptyle(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
theoctopus:

You are not only partisan, you have also become a bigot! What has being Igbo got to do with my post?

And for the records, I am not Igbo but if I was, I would be proud of it! You are ridiculous!

NB: You didnt even address my post because you know you have goofed! The families of those folks dont live under the bridge at upper Iweka and 3am in the morning is certainly not the best time to wake them up to receive the long lost ones.

I chose not to respond to your post because you have made up your mind about what to believe. Documents were presented to show that there was a series of communication between LASG and the ANSG. You must have missed that. The destitutes were to have been received by the state government who would in turn reunite them with their people.

As to me been partisan and a bigot, you need to quit trying to paint me in your colours. I do not see anywhere in my post that cast me as a bigot. But then like Has been said, opinions are like asses...everyone's got one.

To each his own.

Goodluck to you my friend....no pun intended smiley

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by theoctopus: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

I chose not to respond to your post because you have made up your mind about what to believe. Documents were presented to show that there was a series of communication between LASG and the ANSG. You must have missed that. The destitutes were to have been received by the state government who would in turn reunite them with their people.

As to me been partisan and a bigot, you need to quit trying to paint me in your colours. I do not see anywhere in my post that cast me as a bigot. But then like Has been said, opinions are like asses...everyone's got one.

To each his own.

Goodluck to you my friend....no pun intended smiley

Were these not your statements?

This time through the eyes of a Nigerian and not just an Igbo man.

How can you rob yourselves of the opportunity to elect someone who will bring development to your state in order to spite a governor of another state? I wish y'all luck with the new governor because if he is anything like the current gentleman in the area of performance, you are all sitting on a long thing.

What connection did that have in the whole conversation?

Again, if there was correspondence between both governments as claimed, why did they not take the people to the Anambra state government house in Akwa, or a relevant government agency? Does the Anambra state government or any of its agencies have offices located at upper Iweka bridge who are open for business by 3am in the early hours of the morning. Please answer me?
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Ayekotoo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
theoctopus:

The destitutes from Anambra, what has Peter Obi done other than giving cars, money, laptops to the elites and 'the do well' in his state? I forgot, he has no skill acquisition centre. what a leader!
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Ayekotoo(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2013

brb
what will you have him( Fashola) do? compensate them when they have state governor in person of Mrs. Peter Obi that is naive of human capital developmet?
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2013
Reptyle:

The failure of Anambra people to elect Ngige despite his popularity will not hurt the south west. It will hurt the people of Anambra State. Have you not heard it said that no sane person cuts off his nose to spite his face?

It wasn't only the SE and SS that made Jonathan President. It was votes from all over Nigeria. He is not a SE President, he is the President of Nigeria. In 2014, if he makes it thought he PDP primaries, he is going to require the votes of all Nigerians to be returned to office. Stop making that process hard for him with all these kind of statements that defy logical reasoning.
Yes, it is good as Ngige is now defeated. He may not do anything if he is elected because what he did last time was done under desperation, he faced the consequence of his illegal victory. As for Fresh Air it is predestined, many Nigerians will return GEJ despite the activities of oil thieves, BH sponsors and polical desperadoes.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by theoctopus: 12:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Ayekotoo:
The destitutes from Anambra, what has Peter Obi done other than giving cars, money, laptops to the elites and 'the do well' in his state? I forgot, he has no skill acquisition centre. what a leader!

1. Is it that you cant read or you are too lazy to read? The destitues are not from Anambra. They were from over six states in the south east and south south.

2. Some of them wee not actually destitutes. On eof them was arrested by the Kai officials and she was missing for about 7 months. Her family members could not trace her until she was dumped under the bridge at upper Iweka.

3. The deportees were never handed over to Peter Obi. They were dumped under the bridge. You are making me repeat myself but I dont mind because I need to help educate you.
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by Kponkwem(m): 12:49am On Dec 03, 2013
Anti Peoples Congress, APC tinz
Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by aljharem(m): 1:26am On Dec 03, 2013
FreeGlobe:
alh harem? I want to make sure I quote this post before you change your mind cheesy cheesy

LOL I aint changing my mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo - What's Up With Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola's SUPER wrinkled face? / I Slaughtered Only Five People – Boko Haram Butcher / APC Reacts To Ogar On Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.