Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription (682 Views)

Must Read: How A Political Analyst Expertly Predicted Nigeria's Present Quagmire / Why It Is Logical To Blame PDP For Putting Nigeria In this Quagmire / WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription by EruditeVik: 10:24am On Jan 08, 2013
NIGERIA; A COUNTRY IN QUAGMIRE- MY POSTMODERN DIAGNOSIS CUM PRESCRIPTION

INTROSPECTION

Let it be clarified that every era cum epoch in history comes along with its own peculiar set of social changes, which defines cum characterises its culture...It is also preceeded by a change in the level cum content of abstraction (guiding set of ideas) which creates the social change of the era and sustains its culture! We are now living in the early stage of a the new postmodern era...every part of the world are experiencing various degrees cum depth of the postmodern condition cum realities...these realities are making it very difficult for modern structures cum cultures which worked perfectly before to continue to work efficaciously, thus creating an ever-increasing expediency for a holistic structural-cum-cultural-shift in flexible response to the contemporary postmodern demands- which is chiefly to achieve the equality of the individual-persons and the balancing of every societal binary imbalances! These postmodern social changes are anchored cum propelled by a paradigm-shift to a new level cum set of ideas(abstractions) known as postmodernism, which is generally characterised by skepticism for any human claim of perfection cum absoluteness of truth cum absolute comprehension cum narration of such absolute truth....It reasons that the best that the human subjective capacity can achieve is a relative truth, with a more comprehensive narration of truth comming via the integrative almagamation of various individual-cum-unit-narrations of their relative truth in an ambience of polyvocality as against the deceptive grand-narration of supposed absolute truth in an ambience of binary imbalance in the society!

PROBLEMS; CHALLENGES; CAUSALITY!

The quagmire, still-growth, conundrum that Nigeria presently facing is largely due to its insensitivity cum inflexibility towards responding to the radical demands of both postmodernism(inducting postmodern ideas) cum postmodernity(inducting postmodern societal structures cum cultures)...thus Nigeria continued application of modernism cum modernity in a postmodern world cum condition has become our greatest undoing, as it alludes perfectly to putting square pegs in round holes!

THE WAY FORWARD!

To me, the way
forward is for our society and its drivers to start recorgnising,
accomodating cum reflecting the postmodernity of our postmodern realities....IT SHOULD HOLISTICALLY START UPHOLDING THE EQUALITY OF THE
INDIVIDUAL-PERSONS AS AGAIST THE PRESENT BINARY INEQUALITY OF PERSONS; CONSENSUS AS AGAINST
GRAND-POSTURE; POLYVOCALITY AS AGAINST GRAND
-NARATION; ALL-INCLUSIVE PERSPECTIVITY AS
AGAINST PRO-ELITIST PERSPECTIVITY; RELATIVITY AS AGAINST
ABSOLUTISM; PRAGMATIC FLEXIBILITY AS AGAINST UNFITTING PERPERTUAL MODEL-COPYING; INCLUSIVITY AS AGAINST EXCLUSIVITY ETC...THESE SHOULD BE OUR
FOUNDATIONAL CUM GUIDING TENETS CUM PRINCIPLES
IN OUR EXPEDIENT QUEST OF SOCIAL RE-ENGINEERING TOWARDS POSTMODERNISM CUM POSTMODERNITY....WE MUST STOP DEPENDING ON OUR MODERN GRAND STRUCTURES CUM CULTURE WHOSE INSENSITIVITY TO AND INCOMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SALIENT POSTMODERN REALITIES, EXIGENCIES CUM DEMANDS
HAS BEEN THE CAUSALITY OF THE CURRENT UNDOINGS
OF THE OUR NIGERIAN STATE....THE LESSON IS, LETS BUILD A
PRO-CONSENSUS-BASED STRUCTURES CUM CULTURES AS AGAINST GRAND-SUPERIMPOSSED-
CULTURES-CUM-STRUCTURES...THAT'S THE WAY TO SURVIVE, OVERCOME AND MEET THE CHALLANGES AND DEMANDS OF OUR POSTMODERN CONDITION!

BY VICTOR E. NWOBIKE

(THE POSTMODERNIST-POLITICAL SCIENTIST)

+2348064097279
Re: Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription by MajeOfficial: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2013
I personally feel you were more concerned with the english language than you were with conveying an idea, which is the objective of the english language.
Re: Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription by SegzyJoe(m): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
This write up defeat the purpose of communication. Your language is a distraction to the idea you are conveying. Learn to communicate in simple English. As a political scientist, I understand your narratives, but I bet others might not understand your thesis.
Re: Nigeria; A Country In Quagmire- My Postmodern Diagnosis Cum Prescription by MajeOfficial: 7:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
I has nothing to do with political science. It's just a soup of unnessacary vocabulary lol. A lot of Nigerians don't understand that writing and speaking like this makes you sound stupid and/or insane

If you were in England it's self trying to speak like this at a job interview you will surely be turned down because they'll think you're joking. or crazy undecided

(1) (Reply)

Chairman Of Peoples Party Of Nigeria, Abiodun Sunday Is Dead / Ailing Governor Sullivan Chime Of Enugu State Arrives Nigeria! / Jona Licking The Hand That Feeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.