Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria (3227 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 08, 2015
This is what Obasanjo has turned Nigeria into. Nigeria is drifting towards civil war. I don't wish for war but we are few feet away from civil war. It is the truth we have to live with. Don't let us deceive ourselves anymore because this country is currently on the edge. I know a particular section of this country are nothing but anarchists who are hell bent on dividing this country are the ones rooting for Jonathan to continue his lawlessness because it favors their balkanization agenda. We cannot escape an impending bloodshed in Nigeria. I lay the blame on Obasanjo's footstep. It was Obasanjo who forced this militant of a president on us. How did Obasanjo and Nigerians let Jonathan deceive them into believing he is a democratic man? You look at Jonathan and you can see deception on display. You look at Jonathan and you can see green snake under the green grass. You look at Jonathan you can see a man full of deceit.

I have said it many times that Jonathan is a militant himself right from his days in Bayelsa State. Jonathan has funded many bombings and atrocities in Bayelsa before. Jonathan has been sympathetic to militancy for many many years. He is the one behind this Boko Haram menace for political reason. According to General Sani Abacha, "no insurgency in a country is planned to last a month. If it lasts a month, the head of the government of that country is behind it," i.e government has the means and power to crush any insurgency that springs up in a short period of time the insurgency starts but if it continues unchecked, the government is behind it for its own gain. We have seen insurgencies before and Buhari crushed the dreaded Maitasine within days. Shagari regime did the same thing with Buhari as military officer in the region at the time. Jonathan has been supporting and arming militants in the Niger Delta right from his days in Bayelsa. He knows inner operation of these militants. It is on records that Jonathan visited the creeks without security on many occasion as Deputy Governor and Governor of Bayelsa State. He also visited the creek during Yar'Adua administration few times without security details. Despite all these facts, why would Obasanjo trust the security of Nigeria in the hands of Jonathan and his killing crew? The militants listen to him and do the blackmailing of Jonathan's opponents in the Niger Delta. Jonathan is the father figure for these militants the same way Osama Bin Laden is the spiritual leader to Islamic terrorists.

What has Jonathan been doing all this while that a week to the election he came out against holding election due to so called "security concern". If you all listened to his wife speech at Bayelsa few days ago, you would have seen that Jonathan is fighting to remain in power for the rest of his life. Jonathan is not planning to leave power for the next twenty years. He is power drunk and ready to burn down the country to achieve this. The plot to stay in power for decades started when he was sworn-in in 2011. Jonathan wanted a one term of 6 years tenure after the first term of 4 years. He made the announcement from presidential palace of another tyrant in Cameroun in Paul Biya who has stayed in power for over three decades. This was the moment Jonathan showed his true color and Nigerians should have known but many failed to realize this at the time.

Go into an agreement with Jonathan at your own peril. The man has never fulfilled any promise or agreement with anyone in his life. How do you trust a man with a wife at home who has four children from four other women? I expect another scenario close to March 28 when they shall tell us that security in the country cannot permit election to hold. I hate to break it to all of you. Jonathan is not going to allow himself to be defeated in a free and fair election. This election can never be rigged. Jega has perfected this non rigging scheme that PDP has not been able to decode it. The inability to decode this non rigging scheme of Jega was the reason for delay of election. The delay was to borrow some time. There won't be election on March 28. Jonathan and his fellow rogues won't allow themselves to be tried for massive corruption. A desperate man always make stupid mistakes. Jonathan is a desperate man who is ready to do anything to stay in power and avoid to be humiliated for stealing money.

I expect Jonathan to make a lot of hasty decisions that will set this country on fire in the coming weeks. The man is watching is back and hasn't been sleeping well. His public appearances in the last two weeks can attest to that. Jonathan is a worried man today than he was two months ago. I expect another Lawrence Gbagbo or Samuel Doe scenario to happen to Jonathan because his advisers have advised him they are with him in this fight. If Jonathan goes down fighting, I expect him to be killed eventually after so many Nigerians must have died and maimed. If Jonathan decides to hold a free and fair election, he would be hailed as an hero and be forgiven for his misgiven.

I hope he comes to his senses before it is too late.

When it is all said and done, Obasanjo must take the blame for this mess.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by galadima77(m): 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
nice piece n right on point...

don't know about u guys, but i have decided n my decision stands.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
galadima77:
nice piece n right on point...

don't know about u guys, but i have decided n my decision stands.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by xpac01(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
And what's the main aim of this thread? ? You see, Blame Game never make things right bro. Pls. let's go over to next important topic.

5 Likes

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Charlotte15: 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Gej or whatever acronym they use for him is the real wolf in sheep clothing. He damn we'll be worried because he's heading back to the creeks come 29th May.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by manck2: 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
cool
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Charlotte15:
Gej or whatever acronym they use for him is the real wolf in sheep clothing. He damn we'll be worried because he's heading back to the creeks come 29th May.

Jonathan is a worried man. He doesn't know what is going to happen next. He is only doing guess game with no definite outcome. His handler are the ones pushing him to be making stupid mistake. I know it won't end well.

Let's keep our fingers cross.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
sincerenigerian:
This is what Obasanjo has turned Nigeria into. Nigeria is drifting towards civil war. I don't wish for war but we are few feet away from civil war. It is the truth we have to live with. Don't let us deceive ourselves anymore because this country is currently on the edge. I know a particular section of this country are nothing but anarchists who are hell bent on dividing this country are the ones rooting for Jonathan to continue his lawlessness because it favors their balkanization agenda. We cannot escape an impending bloodshed in Nigeria. I lay the blame on Obasanjo's footstep. It was Obasanjo who forced this militant of a president on us. How did Obasanjo and Nigerians let Jonathan deceive them into believing he is a democratic man? You look at Jonathan and you can see deception on display. You look at Jonathan and you can see green snake under the green grass. You look at Jonathan you can see a man full of deceit.

I have said it many times that Jonathan is a militant himself right from his days in Bayelsa State. Jonathan has funded many bombings and atrocities in Bayelsa before. Jonathan has been sympathetic to militancy for many many years. He is the one behind this Boko Haram menace for political reason. According to General Sani Abacha, "no insurgency in a country is planned to last a month. If it lasts a month, the head of the government of that country is behind it," i.e government has the means and power to crush any insurgency that springs up in a short period of time the insurgency starts but if it continues unchecked, the government is behind it for its own gain. We have seen insurgencies before and Buhari crushed the dreaded Maitasine within days. Shagari regime did the same thing with Buhari as military officer in the region at the time. Jonathan has been supporting and arming militants in the Niger Delta right from his days in Bayelsa. He knows inner operation of these militants. It is on records that Jonathan visited the creeks without security on many occasion as Deputy Governor and Governor of Bayelsa State. He also visited the creek during Yar'Adua administration few times without security details. Despite all these facts, why would Obasanjo trust the security of Nigeria in the hands of Jonathan and his killing crew? The militants listen to him and do the blackmailing of Jonathan's opponents in the Niger Delta. Jonathan is the father figure for these militants the same way Osama Bin Laden is the spiritual leader to Islamic terrorists.

What has Jonathan been doing all this while that a week to the election he came out against holding election due to so called "security concern". If you all listened to his wife speech at Bayelsa few days ago, you would have seen that Jonathan is fighting to remain in power for the rest of his life. Jonathan is not planning to leave power for the next twenty years. He is power drunk and ready to burn down the country to achieve this. The plot to stay in power for decades started when he was sworn-in in 2011. Jonathan wanted a one term of 6 years tenure after the first term of 4 years. He made the announcement from presidential palace of another tyrant in Cameroun in Paul Biya who has stayed in power for over three decades. This was the moment Jonathan showed his true color and Nigerians should have known but many failed to realize this at the time.

Go into an agreement with Jonathan at your own peril. The man has never fulfilled any promise or agreement with anyone in his life. How do you trust a man with a wife at home who has four children from four other women? I expect another scenario close to March 28 when they shall tell us that security in the country cannot permit election to hold. I hate to break it to all of you. Jonathan is not going to allow himself to be defeated in a free and fair election. This election can never be rigged. Jega has perfected this non rigging scheme that PDP has not been able to decode it. The inability to decode this non rigging scheme of Jega was the reason for delay of election. The delay was to borrow some time. There won't be election on March 28. Jonathan and his fellow rogues won't allow themselves to be tried for massive corruption. A desperate man always make stupid mistakes. Jonathan is a desperate man who is ready to do anything to stay in power and avoid to be humiliated for stealing money.

I expect Jonathan to make a lot of hasty decisions that will set this country on fire in the coming weeks. The man is watching is back and hasn't been sleeping well. His public appearances in the last two weeks can attest to that. Jonathan is a worried man today than he was two months ago. I expect another Lawrence Gbagbo or Samuel Doe scenario to happen to Jonathan because his advisers have advised him they are with him in this fight. If Jonathan goes down fighting, I expect him to be killed eventually after so many Nigerians must have died and maimed. If Jonathan decides to hold a free and fair election, he would be hailed as an hero and be forgiven for his misgiven.

I remember I told someone last year that the best time to stop GEJ is now, after now he will before too powerful in 2019 and more difficult to stop.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Sunky200: 12:05am On Feb 09, 2015
Obasanjo must and can never be blame for the present administration failure because

1. he believesd in education, that's why he installed educationally qualified personnel to power

2. he believed democracy which is why he supported candidates that were never in the military and handed power to them

if you guys are fair enough, you won't deny the fact that you and I commended him for handling power to lectures as signs of good democracy
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Caseless: 12:11am On Feb 09, 2015
Even gej himself confessed to an ambassador that he's not qualified and not the best person that should be picked for the vp post, but obj picked him simply because he needed a stooge and a foolish person like gej to fling around...here we are looking for a way out of that political miscalculation.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Caseless: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2015
Sunky200:
Obasanjo must and can never be blame for the present administration failure because

1. he believesd in education, that's why he installed educationally qualified personnel to power

2. he believed democracy which is why he supported candidates that were never in the military and handed power to them

if you guys are fair enough, you won't deny the fact that you and I commended him for handling power to lectures as signs of good democracy
I have never voted pdp in my life. So don't say we commended him for picking two sick guys and imposed them on us.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Sunky200: 12:18am On Feb 09, 2015
Caseless:
I have never voted pdp in my life. So don't say we commended him for picking two sick guys and imposed them on us.

well, millions of ppl vote Jonathan in 2011 just for this reason but he don fall everybody hand yakata and almost all of us are ready to vote him out coming March 28
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Caseless: 12:26am On Feb 09, 2015
Sunky200:

well, millions of ppl vote Jonathan in 2011 just for this reason but he don fall everybody hand yakata and almost all of us are ready to vote him out coming March 28
gbam
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by CaptainAmerica1: 12:48am On Feb 09, 2015
GEJ is very wicked if you look at it carefully. He's just a pretender

3 Likes

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2015
9jatriot:

I remember I told someone last year that the best time to stop GEJ is now, after now he will before too powerful in 2019 and more difficult to stop.
Honestly if Jonathan takes this to another level, he might be assassinated or something.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by CaptainAmerica1: 1:06am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Jonathan is not going to allow himself to be defeated in a free and fair election. This election can never be rigged. Jega has perfected this non rigging scheme that PDP has not been able to decode it. The inability to decode this non rigging scheme of Jega was the reason for delay of election. The delay was to borrow some time. There won't be election on March 28. Jonathan and his fellow rogues won't allow themselves to be tried for massive corruption. A desperate man always make stupid mistakes. Jonathan is a desperate man who is ready to do anything to stay in power and avoid to be humiliated for stealing money.

You are right! From the way Doyin Okupe spoke when he was embarrassed shows these guys aren't willing to give up power.

Remember how he repeatedly said "In Nigeria, it will not happen"

May God deliver us from this tyrant.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by DonCaleb: 1:46am On Feb 09, 2015
Op are u trying to tell them that insurgency started in Jonathan administration, don't tell me that you are from Limbo!!!
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by JoBabs(m): 1:48am On Feb 09, 2015
But should Jonathan had performed as anticipated, would you remember †o give credit †o Obasanjo? Jonathan knows †hat he could be †he last SS president †o rule Nigeria, so †ha†'s why he wanna make use of †his oportunity judiciously..... So no blame am......

So let One Nigeria in Unity reject †hat coconut head.......

So kindly join me by using ur thumb by voting in March 2 elev8 Buhari for President.........

God bless Nigeria.....
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by tit(f): 1:58am On Feb 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

Honestly if Jonathan takes this to another level, he might be assassinated or something.

go assasinate am naw!
no send person ooo.
just go do am yarsef.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 09, 2015
ayukdaboss:

God is watching you with statements like this. Whosoever God wants to rule will eventually rule and not by any force of man. Most of you call him a liverless man then but why the change of the labelling tag of recent?

God bless President GEJ. Politics should not be a do or die game. That we don't support one candidate should not make us enemy.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Desola(f): 2:41am On Feb 09, 2015
Serves Nigerians right! I shouted myself hoarse on this same forum in 2011 that you shouldn't vote for Jonathan but you called me a mere tribalist.

I told you that Gej contrary to popular beli f was not clueless but cunny but you called me names.

I hope you can now tame the demon you all unleashed all because you didn't want the so called "born to rule" Mafia.

Well, serves you the hell right! Nto!!

2 Likes

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by naijaking1: 2:57am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:

My first instinct was to cross out these thrash write up like someone I know, but then I changed my mind, because it would be more fun to ridicule your poorly researched piece.
First, it was Abacha's mistake for not killing OBJ once he had evidence that the modaf**ker was planning to overthrow him again-you see, OBJ likes to be called the godfather of every coup that ever happened in Nigeria, beginning with that of his room mate and lover Chukwuma Nzeogwu.
Second, the blame for OBJ goes to the people who used the opportunity created by Abiola's murder in jail to impose a partially mentally retarded OBJ on us, as a way of preventing true democrats like Ekwueme, Olu Falae, Solomon Lar, etc from coming to power. You cheered? OBJ is the only person to have failed the presidency three times. It's like sitting for the WAEC x3 and you still fail!
Choosing GEJ was one of his failures, no doubt, but then it was his clever technique of pushing aside some of the truly worthy competitons to the post, such as Odili and Duke. You really can never blame a man who has never learnt to balance short term and long term expectations. In the short term, Odili was a threat to OBJ, so the fool+=lish man ran to a mild mannered GEJ and misread is behavior entirely. Any one hr course in sociology would have told OBJ not to trust anybody, no matter how dumb, retarded, or idiotic he might look.
Now, you blame OBJ?, no blame the people who imposed him on Nigeria in 1999, instead of quietly knocking him off in jail like Abiola.

GEJ never claimed to be saint, he never said so, after you guys call dumb, retardeen, etc. Eventually, we'll know who is retarded.

If GEJ could learn some of Paul Biya's trick, then Hausa/Fulani would never rule Nigeria again, go ask Ahmadu Ahidjo!
That's also the reason people who are tired of Hausa/Fulani domination in this country are willing to give Jonathan the benefit of the doubt.

GEJ has learned from the past, and his divide and rule technique is working real well. Just like Sanusi, he will get rid of Jega too.

Calling for a coup in your country has its consequences, ask OBJ himself.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 09, 2015
[s]
naijaking1:

My first instinct was to cross out these thrash write up like someone I know, but then I changed my mind, because it would be more fun to ridicule your poorly researched piece.
First, it was Abacha's mistake for not killing OBJ once he had evidence that the modaf**ker was planning to overthrow him again-you see, OBJ likes to be called the godfather of every coup that ever happened in Nigeria, beginning with that of his room mate and lover Chukwuma Nzeogwu.
Second, the blame for OBJ goes to the people who used the opportunity created by Abiola's murder in jail to impose a partially mentally retarded OBJ on us, as a way of preventing true democrats like Ekwueme, Olu Falae, Solomon Lar, etc from coming to power. You cheered? OBJ is the only person to have failed the presidency three times. It's like sitting for the WAEC x3 and you still fail!
Choosing GEJ was one of his failures, no doubt, but then it was his clever technique of pushing aside some of the truly worthy competitons to the post, such as Odili and Duke. You really can never blame a man who has never learnt to balance short term and long term expectations. In the short term, Odili was a threat to OBJ, so the fool+=lish man ran to a mild mannered GEJ and misread is behavior entirely. Any one hr course in sociology would have told OBJ not to trust anybody, no matter how dumb, retarded, or idiotic he might look.
Now, you blame OBJ?, no blame the people who imposed him on Nigeria in 1999, instead of quietly knocking him off in jail like Abiola.

GEJ never claimed to be saint, he never said so, after you guys call dumb, retardeen, etc. Eventually, we'll know who is retarded.

If GEJ could learn some of Paul Biya's trick, then Hausa/Fulani would never rule Nigeria again, go ask Ahmadu Ahidjo!
That's also the reason people who are tired of Hausa/Fulani domination in this country are willing to give Jonathan the benefit of the doubt.

GEJ has learned from the past, and his divide and rule technique is working real well. Just like Sanusi, he will get rid of Jega too.

Calling for a coup in your country has its consequences, ask OBJ himself.
[/s]

Rubbish from a clown like you.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by naijaking1: 3:02am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

LOL!!!!!!!!
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by naijaking1: 3:04am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

Are we having fun yet

Too bad you have nothing to say for yourself, be careful they might refuse to pay you tonight!
You better type some form of non--sense here, so that they will think yo're working.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by naijaking1: 3:06am On Feb 09, 2015
Are still there?
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by naijaking1: 3:08am On Feb 09, 2015
Political commentators without rhyme or reason should be ashamed!
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by juman(m): 3:43am On Feb 09, 2015
16 years is enough to get things straight. pdp has failed.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Caseless: 7:14am On Feb 09, 2015
Sunky200:

d man fvck up big time.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 7:45am On Feb 09, 2015
tit:

go assasinate am naw!
no send person ooo.
just go do am yarsef.
Abeg comot for my road jare.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2015
DonCaleb:
Op are u trying to tell them that insurgency started in Jonathan administration, don't tell me that you are from Limbo!!!
If you don't know what to say, leave this thread. Has insurgency not escalated under Jonathan? How come our trained soldiers now have their barracks, armouries, armoured tanks and LGAs taken from them by the ragtag Boko Haram?
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by EMANY01(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:

............You look at Jonathan and you can see deception on display. You look at Jonathan and you can see green snake under the green grass. You look at Jonathan you can see a man full of deceit......................

........... He(Jonathan) is the one behind this Boko Haram menace for political reason. [size=20pt]According to General Sani Abacha,[/size] "no insurgency in a country is planned to last a month. If it lasts a month, the head of the government of that country is behind it," i.e government has the means and power to crush any insurgency that springs up in a short period of time the insurgency starts but if it continues unchecked, the government is behind it for its own gain.

..........It is on records that Jonathan visited the creeks without security on many occasion as Deputy Governor and Governor of Bayelsa State. He also visited the creek during Yar'Adua administration few times without security details.

.....The man (Jonathan) has never fulfilled any promise or agreement with anyone in his life. How do you trust a man with a wife at home who has four children from four other women?................
........... A desperate man always make stupid mistakes..........

......When it is all said and done, Obasanjo must take the blame for this mess.

You guys should make up your minds abeg.
Is Jonathan weak ,spineless and daft as you have all claimed from the day he became Acting President or is he a mastermind,bold strong and decisive .

My confusion stems from the fact that this write up attributes both personalities to him.

In na clueless abi in na sharp man.

All of a sudden Abacha has become a standard for truth about governance.
Nothing wey my ear/eye no go hear/read for Nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today The Brave Enyimba City Of Aba Celebrated The Biafra Heroes / Igbos In Kano Disown Pro- Biafra Protest / A Call On All Nairalanders To Shun Tribal Bigotism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.