Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Help With Filezilla Ftp Client - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With Filezilla Ftp Client (937 Views)

Online FTP Client / How Do I locate My Smf Boardindex.template.php File Via Ftp / What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2013
Please i ve been having problem using my Ftp client, it keep giving me connection failed,
i think i don't get the settings, but i have been using CPanel. but is there a way where i can unzip a zip file in CPanel?
Thanks
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by yawatide(f): 11:04am On Jan 08, 2013
If your connection is failing then you are probably missing the correct log in credentials or you aren't setting the right port number.

As for cpanel and unzipping, if it is like mine, select the file and click "extract". It will ask you where you want the files extracted to and you do so accordingly. You should be good to go after that.

good luck!
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by Slyr0x: 11:05am On Jan 08, 2013
Open FileZilla >> Click On File >> Site Manager >> New Site >> Enter your host, username, password , Logon Type (Normal) >> Then Click on connect (make sure your username is johndoe@website.com)

For the cPanel, open your "File manager", click on the .zip file and extract

1 Like

Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by Slyr0x: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2013
Ooops! My reply came in a minute late
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by switchmax8: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2013
poster,
Here is the solution ftpes://username@www.domain.com type ftpes:// followed by the username give to you by your host e.g nijahost@ then add your domain name as i have done it will now go
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by 3RNEST(m): 12:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why not try FTPxplorer, its cool ! cool @Op
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
Thanks 2 you guys, all post was so helpful...
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Slyr0x: Open FileZilla >> Click On File >> Site Manager >> New Site >> Enter your host, username, password , Logon Type (Normal) >> Then Click on connect (make sure your username is johndoe@website.com)

For the cPanel, open your "File manager", click on the .zip file and extract

So i can design a website, zip and upload it then unzip it, will the Links/Css/Images loads just like viewing from a local server...?
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
switchmax8: poster,
Here is the solution ftpes://username@www.domain.com type ftpes:// followed by the username give to you by your host e.g nijahost@ then add your domain name as i have done it will now go
The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ftpes) isn't associated with any program.
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by Slyr0x: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
adewaleh:
So i can design a website, zip and upload it then unzip it, will the Links/Css/Images loads just like viewing from a local server...?

YES.
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
Slyr0x:

YES.
I guess its even easier using the method.. thanks plenty
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by 5hamkhan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
do u have full version of filezilla?
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2013
5hamkhan: do u have full version of filezilla?
Yes.. Its free now..
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by adewaleh(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2013
This is the version

Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by yawatide(f): 10:47am On Jan 10, 2013
Again, check your username and/or password (this is case sensitive). Check your port number as well (usually 21).
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by switchmax8: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
poster,
you got it all wrong when you have launched the filezilla where you will be asked to type your domain name you will type ftpes:// +username+domain.com then type your password given to you by the host company click connect it will go if your details are correct. The username is the one given to you by the hosting company
Re: Help With Filezilla Ftp Client by Afam4eva(m): 6:06am On Jan 11, 2013
@OP
The Host shoulld be the name of your website
Use your cpanel username and password to login to your ftp account.
The port field should be left blank

(1) (Reply)

Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! / Bulk SMS Provider Urgently Needed / Selling Hosted Adsense Account With $18 Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.