Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? (1895 Views)

How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / Help With Filezilla Ftp Client / How Do I locate My Smf Boardindex.template.php File Via Ftp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by smartsoft(m): 2:48am On May 03, 2006
hello guys, can you share with us what type of FTP CLient you use tp upload your website, and why you use it, and what type of FTP Client will you advice other Webmaster to use,
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by my2cents(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2006
WS_FTP, It's easy to use. If you want, you can go get a copy from www.download.com . There might be a trial period after which you buy, but you can always delete and re-download (that is, if purchasing a copy for yourself isn't an option) wink
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by xkape(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2006
i used to be shackled by the FTP client question too. until irealised that windows has ftp functionality too, i mean aftyer paying so much for it, i might as well use it. I doesnt have all the functionality of dedicated ftp clients but the drag-and-dropability is so cool, its for dummies grin like me
so no bother urself my bro just type ftp://yoursite.com and ure good to go
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by Cactus(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2006
you really dont need ftp client to upload/download files to your website, you can connect directly from windows explorer using either of the following methods

ftp://username:password@yourdomain.com

or

ftp://yourdomain.com a box should popup and ask for you password
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by Zahymaka(m): 4:53am On May 04, 2006
Windows FTP is so slow and uninteractive. I use SmartFTP -- it's superfast and has a friendly user interface.
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by layi(m): 12:30pm On May 04, 2006
CuteFTP is very good. Very fast connection and transfer rate. Friendly GUI interface. Allows for chmods, editing of files within hostserver.
I also use www.web2ftp.com when i'm not with my PC.
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by Cactus(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2006
softwares dont determine speed, your server and network does, though you may be able to control the speed
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by smartsoft(m): 12:14am On May 05, 2006
well i use Windows explorer too, but now i use http://www.net2ftp.com pretty fast just a web base thing
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by Zahymaka(m): 12:20am On May 05, 2006
I've used it too -- very efficient although I'm not too cool with inputting my ftp passwords on a web page.
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by smartsoft(m): 12:23am On May 05, 2006
just taught of it man ! can be risky at times. you don't know who is who and when you come back in the morning, you find out your site you uploaded yesternight has been deleted, ! that takes you time to get from scrash, does that not sound weird when you come online and you entier website is missing lol
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by Zahymaka(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2006
I used a free host once -- http://azuka.superihost.com. My site got hacked shortly after I used net2ftp. I don't believe in coincidences so I switched to paid hosting and now connect with SmartFTP only from my computer.
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by romeo(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2006
me too i use smartftp and i think it's very good
Re: What Type Of Ftp Client Do You Use To Upload Websites And Why Do You Use It ? by layi(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2006
Cactus:

softwares don't determine speed, your server and network does, though you may be able to control the speed

Smart guy!. when i say fast , i'm talking in relative terms to other ftp softwares. I'm sure you know that some some softwares are faster than others, achieving this by opening multiple channels wit the 'destination'. e.g download accelerator, You do same with your woiindows operating system as well.
connecting with cuteFTP is usually faster than using explorer (all things beign equal)

(1) (Reply)

PR5 Money Exchange Website for SALE / Help, How Do I Log In In My Nairaland Clone Script As Admin / Secrets Of Making Money Online Revealed (learn It Here For Free).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.