Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,670 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads (1675 Views)

GEJ Leads PDP Campaign Train In Bayelsa / GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by mekaboy(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2013
Please no nEed for bashing or tribal attacks and sentiments. The OP has backed up his claims with facts. Anyone opposing should back up their claims with facts.

Let's be honest, if not for the bombing in the north and all this amnesty shit, what wld we be complaining about this administration?

Gej is not perfect but from what the OP has pointed out, he has done far better.

2 Likes

Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
I haven't benefitted anything from Jonathan's administration yet. What difference has he made when all he's done is make the economic situation harder, and corruption at the zenith?
Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by vizboy(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
torkaka:

some ducks actually believe our votes count grin grin
if yours doesnt mine do count
Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by skillmachine: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
When it comes to any discussion about GEJ, there are two groups of people that are full of lies and i pity them.

1. Those who cannot see any thing good his government is doing.

2. Those who cannot see anything bad his government is doing.

There have been unprecedented infractructural development under GEJ government but there are other areas that I will score him close to zero. Will i vote for him in 2015? I dont know yet. But i know I am not voting for any northern candidate. I will not use my hand to start phase two of the underdevelopment of the south again.

1 Like

Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by tomakint: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Just to buttress more on your valid points; Jonathan has been the one taking the heat when it is not even necessary to dish out those ‘insults’ at him for no just cause! undecided He gave us one of the best electoral reforms in the political history of this country (unlike what Nigerians used to witness especially under the autocratic, pseudo-democratic era of Obasanjo’s inglorious 8 years), he took it upon himself to encourage entrepreneurship among youths and he didn’t stop at that but roll out a package, YouWin, which has put smiles on the faces of 1,200 youths (with another 1,200 women about to benefit and still counting) with grants ranging from =N=1,000,000 to =N=10,000,000, our aviation sector is now getting series of facelifts especially at airports nationwide (not forgetting that 22 Airports were earmarked for re-modeling and rehabilitation, 11 have been completed and commissioned, while five new terminals in Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Enugu as well as 6 Cargo Terminals will begin this year), Nigeria despite her security challenges has improved greatly in the area of Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) which remains the hallmark of this administration, he has reformed the power sector by engaging the sector in meaningful and purposeful privatization programs, the rots in the pension, police, oil sector, financial institutions were massively exposed for all to see, he gave the other arms of government (judiciary and legislative) to operate without unnecessarily interfering in their operations, under his watch he has commissioned many projects worthy of emulation (ranging from 2nd Niger Bridge, working railing systems, roads construction, an effective and working agricultural sector (not forgetting the fact that a farmer in the name of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, held sway for 8 years but couldn’t implement a meaningful project in the agricultural sector) by 2014, Nigeria will be milling her own rice and even exporting for more positive balance of trade, not forgetting the same initiatives towards cotton, cocoa, maize and sorghum productions, his reforms in education by establishing new federal universities, launching the Almajiri school project, increased funding to TETFUNDS, settled all outstanding issues with ASUU leading to a relatively stable calendar without strikes in the past 2 years are all big pluses to his administration, he is a President willing to learn from his numerous mistakes and so far so good, he keeps getting better year in, year out! I have no doubt he will deliver before 2015 approaches cool

Most times many people come here to waffle thereby edging the issues just to feel among the ‘crowd’! undecided Just tell me 3 three things you expect Jonathan to fix right and let’s start our debate from there, in my own right, I have tried to itemize areas I think he has improved greatly upon, I am not of the opinion that he has ‘arrived’ in his efforts so far, but I strongly believe that Jonathan is well ahead of many past Presidents in his efforts so far, I can say pin pointedly that he is a doing President, willing to deliver the goods in no short distance, all those coming here to rant, abuse, curse, are all doing nothing but shouting themselves hoarse just for the fun of it because whichever way you looked at it, Jonathan is really working cool

2 Likes

Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by tomakint: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
Under Obasanjo, his administration made little significant effort to ensure that government officials and members of the security forces implicated in violations of civil and political rights, including election-related violence, were brought to book. While only a small minority of the human rights abuses documented in this report were directly carried out by federal government officials, the federal government’s failure to combat widespread impunity for abuses orchestrated by government and PDP officials at the state and local level has fostered the unabated continuation of those abuses. More than 11,000 Nigerians were killed in hundreds of separate outbreaks of inter-communal and political violence during the Obasanjo administration. Many of those deaths came about in large scale and apparently highly organized massacres along ethnic and religious lines. No one has been held to account for their role in organizing or inciting those massacres. During the same period several high profile Nigerians were assassinated in attacks widely believed to be politically motivated, including Attorney General Bola Ige in December 2001. No one has been held to account for any but one of those killings – and the government’s claim to have “solved” Ige’s murder days before Obasanjo left office provoked widespread skepticism.

Top-level government officials under Obasanjo have not only failed to rein in the corruption at lower levels; they have repeatedly been implicated in scandals themselves and escaped any form of sanction. Sunday Ehindero, Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police until June 2007, had publicly stated his commitment to combat corruption within the police force and address serious police abuses. When he stepped down as inspector general some of Ehindero’s aides were reportedly caught trying to smuggle N21 million in stolen money ($161,000) out of police headquarters and many reports indicated that the money was being taken on Ehindero’s behalf. No charges have been brought against him as today and no public response to the allegations has been forthcoming from any federal government institution. President Obasanjo himself was implicated in a number of scandals during his last years in power, including an alleged attempt by his aides to bribe members of the National Assembly to support Obasanjo’s bid for a third term. Days before leaving office, Obasanjo controversially sold off two of Nigeria’s three troubled oil refineries to a consortium of investors including Transcorp, a corporation that has purchased a number of high profile government and other assets since its formation in 2004. Transcorp has itself been a target of controversy since it became known that Obasanjo had acquired 200 million shares of its stock by unknown means. The Obasanjo administration’s last-minute sale of the refineries to Transcorp aroused such controversy that it played a minor part in triggering a nationwide strike in June 2007.

Obasanjo came with lots of hopes and promises, but by the time he was leaving after eight years in power we all knew he was a colossal failure. He started with operation 500 roads of rehabilitating bad ones and building new ones, yet Nigerian roads remain worst despite pumping billions of Naira into the project; he mouthed so much on agriculture that Nigerians felt that being a farmer himself he would revamp the sector but he only took us on a cruise while he was busy revamping and wasting public funds on his moribund Ota farm; he voted $3 billion to fight corruption, yet he was not free from corruption himself; his over-dependence on the stringent and harsh policies (which ranges from the economic reforms like reduction in the staff strength of the civil service in order to increase unemployment, increase in fuel prices, privatization of sensitive government parastatals which in one way or the other affected the monetary and fiscal policies of the country) of the Bretton-Woods Institutions (IMF and World Bank); he spent billions of naira to host the 8th All African Games [COJA], where a whopping $18 million [about N2.1 billion] was voted for catering services on the athletes; despite his claims to suppress poverty in the country, the per capital income of Nigeria under Obasanjo’s tenure was hovering between $250 - $500; his administration orchestrated the sacking of the acting Auditor-General of the federation, Mr Vincent Azie, over his indictments of federal government ministries and parastatals including the presidency over the mystery behind over-inflated figures in the nation’s statements of account; his government couldn’t put the four refineries at optimal services despite the fact that he was the de facto Minister of Petroleum Resources and many other misplaced priorities under his watch!

2 Likes

Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by ckkris: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
skillmachine: i know I am not voting for any northern candidate. I will not use my hand to start phase two of the underdevelopment of the south again.

Food for Thought
Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by OmoTier1(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
[size=13pt]Even though I Obasanjo's regime was corrupt, however, I HATE falsehood and I will counter this senseless OP with some of the achievement of Obasanjo that made a difference on the life of Nigerians.

1. The renegotiation and eventual settlement of Nigerian debt.

2. The consolidation of the banking industry; the institutionalization of transparency in the financial sector - Nigeria Banks became the toast of West Africa due to His reforms. Several hundred thousands of Nigerians gained employment and I remember when I got a text here in the UK that First Bank and Zenith were recruiting Nigerians in diaspora with banking experience for international operations in Africa and elsewhere, I was taken aback.

3. The opening up of the telecommunication industry -GSM alone created over 4 million jobs and changed the destiny of many Nigerians.

4. The liberalization of the education sector and the engagement of private sector participation and investment in tertiary education.

5. Space technology program (the launch of two satellites, SAT 3 and NICOMSAT) - Today, Nigerian farmers and Banks are leveraging on this effort, even though successive government have failed to leverage on this laudable project.

6. The energy and nuclear sector -Nigeria Integrated Power Projects, Nigeria Nuclear Policy on use of nuclear medicine was developed and some University teaching hospitals like UI are key benefactor of this policy.

7. The education sector - The era Nigerian universities had real hope in infrastructures. Ask any lecturer and they will tell you that era was one of their most golden era despite the strikes the embarked upon.

8. The ICT sector - His reforms brought about a complete reawakening of this sector and there was real hope that Nigeria will become a global giant in IT

9. The establishment of the Niger Delta Development Commission - Like it or not, this commission made positive impacts in some areas of the Niger Delta during it early days but today it is as useless as useless.

10. Abuja was transformed into a World Class city by Obasanjo. Yes El-Rufai was His outstretched arm that did all the work but Obasanjo was His back bone that made El-Rufai achieve what He did in Abuja.

11. All the Rail-Way projects current being completed were initiated by Obasanjo. The Ajaokuta -Alaja steel rail project - a standard gauge railway line was started and 70% completed by Obasanjo.

Indeed, as a result of the reforms enacted by the Obasanjo administration, Nigeria became one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. In 2002, the country's GDP grew by 21.1%, and from then until 2010, posted an annual growth rate of 9.15% , making it one the ten fastest growing economies in the world today. [/size]
Re: Gej/sambo 2yrs Vs Obj/atiku 8yrs…gej Leads by ijawcitizen(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [size=13pt]Even though I Obasanjo's regime was corrupt, however, I HATE falsehood and I will counter this senseless OP with some of the achievement of Obasanjo that made a difference on the life of Nigerians.

1. The renegotiation and eventual settlement of Nigerian debt.

2. The consolidation of the banking industry; the institutionalization of transparency in the financial sector - Nigeria Banks became the toast of West Africa due to His reforms. Several hundred thousands of Nigerians gained employment and I remember when I got a text here in the UK that First Bank and Zenith were recruiting Nigerians in diaspora with banking experience for international operations in Africa and elsewhere, I was taken aback.

3. The opening up of the telecommunication industry -GSM alone created over 4 million jobs and changed the destiny of many Nigerians.

4. The liberalization of the education sector and the engagement of private sector participation and investment in tertiary education.

5. Space technology program (the launch of two satellites, SAT 3 and NICOMSAT) - Today, Nigerian farmers and Banks are leveraging on this effort, even though successive government have failed to leverage on this laudable project.

6. The energy and nuclear sector -Nigeria Integrated Power Projects, Nigeria Nuclear Policy on use of nuclear medicine was developed and some University teaching hospitals like UI are key benefactor of this policy.

7. The education sector - The era Nigerian universities had real hope in infrastructures. Ask any lecturer and they will tell you that era was one of their most golden era despite the strikes the embarked upon.

8. The ICT sector - His reforms brought about a complete reawakening of this sector and there was real hope that Nigeria will become a global giant in IT

9. The establishment of the Niger Delta Development Commission - Like it or not, this commission made positive impacts in some areas of the Niger Delta during it early days but today it is as useless as useless.

10. Abuja was transformed into a World Class city by Obasanjo. Yes El-Rufai was His outstretched arm that did all the work but Obasanjo was His back bone that made El-Rufai achieve what He did in Abuja.

11. All the Rail-Way projects current being completed were initiated by Obasanjo. The Ajaokuta -Alaja steel rail project - a standard gauge railway line was started and 70% completed by Obasanjo.

Indeed, as a result of the reforms enacted by the Obasanjo administration, Nigeria became one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. In 2002, the country's GDP grew by 21.1%, and from then until 2010, posted an annual growth rate of 9.15% , making it one the ten fastest growing economies in the world today. [/size]

Laugh go kill me ooooooooooo!
I don die!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To Ghana? / [photo]: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN Rice Floods Nigeria Ahead Of 2015 Election. / N20trillion Stole Under Jonathan Regime - Prof Charles Soludo!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.