Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? (4894 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Rotmyt: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
I once lost my purse in obalende. If not for some loose change in my bag,I for beg because the bus had already moved.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by queenlano: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
DO THIS BEFORE YOU BEG:

PREPARE FOR THE UNEXPECTED

USE LOW TECH TO GENERATE FUND WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR ROOM

INTERNET CONNECTS YOU TO THE WORLD SO THE WORLD IS LINKED

VISIT: www.moneyrecycling..com

or call 08055440013 for free explanation .cheers
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by deeplow: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2013
It was back in my uni days.My car ran out of fuel and I had 0naira on me.I called my girlfriend(with the intention that she'd bring me money) like a million times,she didn't pick,tried every other possible means,nothing showed.I couldn't leave my car on the freeway.o'boy,na so I see one guy dey fix hin car for the other side of d road.I swallow pride, sharpaly enter am,explain my situation.him just roger me 200,na so I rush go buy 3litres(it was still 65per litre).the only time I ever begged for money
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]There are many situations that should I find myself in, I will beg for not just money sef, a ride, food, shelter and even water... However, I pray I never find myself in one especially in Nigeria, as many scam artist have exploited the helpless stranger play too much.

One day, I was parked on the street corner waiting for my mum to come out of the shop where she was when this well dressed man walks up to me and begs for money. He narrated this sad tale of how he came into town for a job interview, how he ran out of money for XYZ reasons, how he was dead hungry, how he was stranded and needed money... I glanced at him and he was well dressed, so I pulled out 2000 Naira and gave it to him.
I drove off, dropped my mum off at home, picked up my car and for some reason I had to go back to that exact shop to buy some more items. To my utter shock and disbelieve, as I came out of the shop and was dropping off my bags in my trunk, GUSS WHO WALKS UP TO ME AGAIN?!!! YESSSS!! Same dude... He didnt even remember my face.. He repeated the same story again as if he was on cue. I was so shocked I actually turned shook my head and drove off..

Since that day, doing charity has been tougher for me. I once saw a well dressed man in traffic begging in Lagos. The man walked up to the car I was in, placed a paper flat against the glass and basically what it read was that there was someone in the hospital (LUTH) that needed about 5'k for drugs or something like that... (I cant fully remember). The paper was dated the day before (which was a friday) and carried LUTH stamp on it. I hesistated a bit, but this man didnt look like he was destitute at all.. He even had tears in his eyes and was kneeling on the road to beg. I pulled out 5'k and gave him.. This guy stood up, said thank you, flew across the road and boarded a keke Napep in the direction of LUTH.. I pray he was genuine because if I should find out he isnt, I doubt I will be able to help anyone who isnt in a 'HOME' ever again. [/b]
Hehehe...the first story reminds me of a similiar experience i had last year, i was in school and this guy came up to me and he was well dressed and all that and he said that he was a final year medical student and there was an examination they had to take at the hospital, but he didn't have transport money....i gave him N200 and he left. The next day without even recognizing me, he came back with the same story again....i just looked at him and told him that i had no money, and that was the last time i saw him.
@OP, i don't think anything can happen to make me beg for money
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by MAYOWAAK: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
Profound wisdom can be found in the most unusual places and it is not a function of person or time. It may be a statement by a distracted bystander, a confused friend, or even a madman. The main point is for you to find that kernel of insight that takes you to new perspectives perhaps on things you thought you knew well and had always taken for granted. That is the moral of the following narrative about a bum, which was sent to me about ten years ago. As we begin a new year, I find it instructive to illustrate some points about our nation and some unconsidered variables:

“...I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming my way across the parking lot was what society would consider a bum, a middle aged man. From the looks of this man, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times you feel generous but there are other times that you just do not want to be bothered. This was one of those days I did not want to be bothered so I hoped the bum would not ask me for any money. The bum came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he did not look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus. After a few minutes the bum said, ‘that is a very pretty car’ to which I replied, ‘thanks’ but the expected plea from the bum for money never came.

As the silence between us widened, I asked, ‘do you need any help?’ I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand from a bum. But smiling, the bum spoke the three words that shook me: ‘Don’t we all?’ We often look for wisdom in great men and women, not from a bum wandering in the street. I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three striking words hit me like a bullet from a firing shotgun. Those three simple words remained ringing true in my ears forever:

We all need help in so many ways and for so many things. May be not for a bus fare or a place to sleep, or a piece of cloth or a pair of shoes to wear, but we all need help in some form or another. No matter how much wealth we have accumulated as property or cash money in the bank, no matter how much we have accomplished in our professional career, we still need help from each other. No matter how little we have to share, no matter how loaded we are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, we can still give some kind of help to somebody else.

Even if it is just a simple and mere compliment for a little child or other person, we can give help to that child or the other person to build confidence and make a difference in life. We need to understand that we may never know when we may see some people that appear to have it all, but still they are waiting on us to give them what they do not have. Maybe the middle aged man was a real bum, or just a homeless stranger wandering the streets.

Maybe he was more than a bum; maybe he was sent by a power from above that is great and wise, to save the lost souls too comfortable in themselves in their own little world and do not even care about their fellow person next door. Maybe God looked down with sympathy, called an Angel from heaven, dressed him like a bum, then sent him to go and minister to me and others like me who desperately need help...”

4 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by chizzy012(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
Never say Never coz tomorrow z another day.Watch ya mouth!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by baby124: 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
I will not use my mouth to profess such into my life. I am laying the foundation so that future generations will never have to do such as my ancestors never did. It will not start from me.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Dogpoundz: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Profound wisdom can be found in the most unusual places and it is not a function of person or time. It may be a statement by a distracted bystander, a confused friend, or even a madman. The main point is for you to find that kernel of insight that takes you to new perspectives perhaps on things you thought you knew well and had always taken for granted. That is the moral of the following narrative about a bum, which was sent to me about ten years ago. As we begin a new year, I find it instructive to illustrate some points about our nation and some unconsidered variables:

“...I had just come from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming my way across the parking lot was what society would consider a bum, a middle aged man. From the looks of this man, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, and no money. There are times you feel generous but there are other times that you just do not want to be bothered. This was one of those days I did not want to be bothered so I hoped the bum would not ask me for any money. The bum came and sat on the curb in front of the bus stop but he did not look like he could have enough money to even ride the bus. After a few minutes the bum said, ‘that is a very pretty car’ to which I replied, ‘thanks’ but the expected plea from the bum for money never came.

As the silence between us widened, I asked, ‘do you need any help?’ I expected nothing but an outstretched grimy hand from a bum. But smiling, the bum spoke the three words that shook me: ‘Don’t we all?’ We often look for wisdom in great men and women, not from a bum wandering in the street. I was feeling high and mighty, successful and important, above a bum in the street, until those three striking words hit me like a bullet from a firing shotgun. Those three simple words remained ringing true in my ears forever:

We all need help in so many ways and for so many things. May be not for a bus fare or a place to sleep, or a piece of cloth or a pair of shoes to wear, but we all need help in some form or another. No matter how much wealth we have accumulated as property or cash money in the bank, no matter how much we have accomplished in our professional career, we still need help from each other. No matter how little we have to share, no matter how loaded we are with problems, even without money or a place to sleep, we can still give some kind of help to somebody else.

Even if it is just a simple and mere compliment for a little child or other person, we can give help to that child or the other person to build confidence and make a difference in life. We need to understand that we may never know when we may see some people that appear to have it all, but still they are waiting on us to give them what they do not have. Maybe the middle aged man was a real bum, or just a homeless stranger wandering the streets.

Maybe he was more than a bum; maybe he was sent by a power from above that is great and wise, to save the lost souls too comfortable in themselves in their own little world and do not even care about their fellow person next door. Maybe God looked down with sympathy, called an Angel from heaven, dressed him like a bum, then sent him to go and minister to me and others like me who desperately need help...”

@MAYOWAAK...dis piece said it all. yes we all need help one way or the other.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by fapcrook(m): 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2013
Never say never. Even though we dont pray to beg but some pple find themselves in d situation they cant help. I'm just not lucky with either begging or borrowing. The pple I used to dash out money to or lend out to are d same who will conplain one million times to me if I need money from them, especially one of my well-to-do senior sisters. I once begged her to pay part of my schl fees while in d univ.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Yames70(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dis happened in 2007 when I was still in d med school.was travelling 4rm nnewi where I schooled 2 warri.I had not gone home 4 a year,so I never had an idea of what d transport fare would b.when I got 2 onitsha,I discovered I was short of #20!oboy,as a medical student then,I was well dressed with tie looking cherubic!lol!I had no option but 2 beg(night was fast approaching so going back was not an option).I learnt something dat day:if u re stranded,don't use d english language 2 explain urself,pple will think u re a scammer,use pidgin but b firm,fearless nd speak few words!d first guy I met,a corper,I explained my situation,he just hissed nd walked away.oboy,d 2nd guy,I just said'guy abeg help me with 20box am stranded'd guy nor waste tym e just give me one H!I said 'God thank u'!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by ifyalways(f): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Asking for financial favor from my family is NO big deal.

Been there, done that.kiss
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by kizito96(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
NEVER SAY NEVER IN THIS LIFE. I AM AN EXAMPLE
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
Being the last born, I don't even have to ask, it's my entitlement cool tongue
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
I think some people do not know what the OP meant. Who's talking about begging your family here shocked shocked
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
^^^^ the thing tire me sef undecided Simple question and na family heirloom game dem they play cheesy who cares grin

Again; Begging is the only option when other opportunities has been exhausted..... So what condition will ever make you Beg?
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
jidegirl12: So what condition will ever make you Beg?

Transportation seems to be a major occurrence here..........same stranded story!

To all.......always help at a park.....weather you think its genuine or not!!!!!
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by osifred(m): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
Even alams begged 4 banana when he was in the British prison
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Namiad(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2013
glimpse: On my way from work in sept 2009, i had boarded a bus. When it was time to pay,i checked my bag for my wallet, i couldn't find it there. So i beg the man sitting next to me for N50 to pay. He gave me N100 and asked me to use the balance incase i was going farther. I explained to him that all i needed was N50,he insisted that i should keep the balance. I thanked him. When i got to work the next day, my wallet was on my table.

I couldn't have walked that distance because it was very far. First Artillery bustop to St Johns bustop in Port Harcourt. Whenever i remember this, i always ask God to bless that man.
datz like telin us a part of ur life story.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by Seggii: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Please don't ever say you can't beg. Read this: On Tuesday myself and husband were robbed and the robbers left us with nothing as they went with the car, my bag, his wallet everything and we were left with nothing. They took us into a bush and when we managed to find our way out, we had to beg for money. I don't know if any of the people that gave me money that day is reading this, the person is the only one that can give you people a brief account of what I look like. Pray you don't find yourself in an horrible situation that will make you beg. So people beg for soooooooooooo many reasons.
Re: What Will Make You Ever Beg For Money? by damiso(f): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
I pray to never find myself in such a position but as has been said by most people,what if one is stranded?What of if my kids are starving and there is no immediate way i can make money to feed them? What if my house is about to be repossesed?What if i lose all in an earthquake,fire etc.?God forbid but these things do happen to people.So id never say never.

I guess we should also just try to help when and where we can.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help I'm Being Manipulated Physically And Spiritually By Redeem Christian Church / My Ex Is Better On Bed Than My Husband,am Confused(i Got Married Recetly) / My Friend Feels Am Disturbing Her With So Much Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.