Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Makoko On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makoko On Fire (1098 Views)

Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition / Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School / Policeman Kill Makoko Traditional Ruler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makoko On Fire by geeez: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Happening now

Re: Makoko On Fire by Geomac: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fire! Fire! everywhere.
Re: Makoko On Fire by geeez: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
People pulling over to take pictures

Re: Makoko On Fire by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Why this everytime...? I think its time the LASG find a way to relocate the log merchants out of that area...their activity is endangering the bridge and users.
Re: Makoko On Fire by geeez: 6:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Why this everytime...? I think its time the LASG find a way to relocate the log merchants out of that area...their activity is endangering the bridge and users.

My thoughts exactly. In the next two years you will have Lagoon View Estate spring up there
Re: Makoko On Fire by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez:

My thoughts exactly. In the next two years you will have Lagoon View Estate spring up there

Well...anything to bring sanity to that environ and the bridge would be welcome...the uncontrolled and indscrimate burning of logs is getting to a nuisance level.
Re: Makoko On Fire by grafikii: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
I pray no life is lost and the area gets flattened
Re: Makoko On Fire by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
self-acclaimed giant of africa, where is helicopter fire fighter na? giant of africa for mouth.
Re: Makoko On Fire by babapupa: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
ilugunboy: Why this everytime...? I think its time the LASG find a way to relocate the log merchants out of that area...their activity is endangering the bridge and users.

Another anti people suggestion with no human face. This is going to work against the poor masses. You need to leave the poor people alone, let the poor people build their shanties on the lagoon and shitttt, dump their shit in the lagoon, let them burn anything they want fire or no fire. They are poor and they must be allowed to do whatever they want.
Re: Makoko On Fire by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
babapupa:

Another anti people suggestion with no human face. This is going to work against the poor masses. You need to leave the poor people alone, let the poor people build their shanties on the lagoon and shitttt, dump their shit in the lagoon, let them burn anything they want fire or no fire. They are poor and they must be allowed to do whatever they want.

LMAO....I got your drift bro! Let them keep defecating and despoiling the land as they are poor people jooor.
Re: Makoko On Fire by geeez: 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
babapupa:

They should even allocate some plots on the third mainland bridge for them to build their shanties while some can build theirs on the MMIA runway
Re: Makoko On Fire by babapupa: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
geeez:

They should even allocate some plots on the third mainland bridge for them to build their shanties while some can build theirs on the MMIA runway
ilugunboy:

LMAO....I got your drift bro! Let them keep defecating and despoiling the land as they are poor people jooor.

The fact is, Fashola is too soft and lenient because this settlement should have been gotten rid of long time ago, now in so many instances his hands are tied because of silly accusations of some dumb and misguided anti poor people policies especially.policies designed to help the same poor people.

It's like poor masses is the new code for lawlessness and I'm above the law. The down side of petting them get away with these lawless behaviour is the illegal expansions and encroachments deep into the lagoon unchecked and now hard to take care of....

Poor or not, many nigerians are just lawless and anti progress..
Re: Makoko On Fire by superbloke(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
LMAO...una don start again. grin
Re: Makoko On Fire by KnowAll(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
[size=16pt]Na sure say no be Goverment Agents start dat fire. e don tey wey Fashola dey eye that waterside land. Can u imagine poor folks inhabiting a nice water-side land, it is only in Nigeria that can happen. Any City in the world Water-side lands are normally gold dust[/size].
Re: Makoko On Fire by emiye(m): 9:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Is Bamidele Aturu in that fire?

(1) (Reply)

The Historical Plight And Precarious Future Of Igbo People In Nigeria - Dr. Kalu / Why You Should Visit The National Museum Calabar,old Residency / Radio Astronomy:nigeria Builds Radiotelescopes/interferometer 4 Physics Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.