Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition (16887 Views)

15 Powerful Images From Nigeria’s March 28 Presidential Polls / Disturbing Images From Recent Kano Mosque Attack, Viewer Discretion Is Advised. / Security Agents Demolish Makoko Waterfront Slum In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:24am On Aug 31, 2013
It is over a year the Makoko waterfront was demolished by government agents, reproduced below are some of the pictures that captured the mood and conviviality among occupants of the floating slum before and during the demolition exercise.

[img]http://mycontinent.co/IMGNigeria/Cities/lagos-slums.jpg[/img]

More to come ...
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:28am On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:33am On Aug 31, 2013

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by slimfit1(m): 7:43am On Aug 31, 2013
My goodness
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by chei: 7:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Anselm Madubuko! Are you for real?
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2013

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by chei: 7:48am On Aug 31, 2013
Where were these inhabitants evacuated to?

4 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Brimmie(m): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2013
Ppl dey suffer o! undecided
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by lagbaja(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2013
Suffering and smiling, looking happier than people living in vgc

10 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by homesteady(m): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2013
Chei!! Na wa oh!! I wonder how many of them die from water borne diseases!

2 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by awodman: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2013
Nna mehn..na dis kind d make world bank say we dey live on less than a $1...
Chai people dey better suffering cry

Anyways I the sight my white garment members..even with the filth their white is still sparkling gringrin..AYO NIYI oooo

2 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by AbuMikey(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2013
Bit by Bit,I would build my city right.

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Maxymilliano(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2013
lagbaja: Suffering and smiling

Should they be suffering and crying ?
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by bloggernaija: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2013
You can begin to imagine the desperation that made the inhabitants of Makoko to leave serene and quiet villages lto come and leave in this dumpster.
The damage that crude oil has done to the national physche is grossly underestimated.

2 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2013
Lord! I thank you for providing for my parents, I thank you for providing the BEST shelter for my family, I thank you for protecting my family from deadly mosquitoes. Lord, as you've help my family and people around me, please help the suffering masses and help them live a comfortable life. AMEN

54 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by eledalo: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Where is th Lagos state government? I hope their flying cable car will reach these poor people

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by teniyi(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2013
This the type of slum these "Cele" people love to establish their churches.
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by caesaraba(m): 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
Kai! All just to say, "I de for Lagos." People are really suffering!

3 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by coogar: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
where are the pictures of makoko after the demolition? no animal should have been allowed to live in this inhumane condition, let alone homo sapiens!
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by zolajpower: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2013
NOW WHAT IS THE WAY 4WARD NOW? BECOS TAKIN THIS PEOPLW AWAY FROM THEIR NATURAL N HABITAT WILL SPEND DOOM FOR THEM ALL. THIS ARE PEOPLE WHOSE ANCESTORS STARTED WITH MAKOKO BF FASHOLA WAS BORN. LET NOT 4GET ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF BAKASI WHO ARE YET TO SETTLED BY THE FG...

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, you gotta be kidding me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by slimyem: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Mheeeen!!!
Demolishing it was the right thing to do. How could people have lived like that? Chai!!
These are really sorry pictures.

1 Like

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 31, 2013
Looking at this pictures I can't help to imagine how these people day in day out looked towards heaven, pray for a better life, pray that things should turn around for them, do their best to turn things in their favor. For those years, there are people whose "carelessness" resulted to this mess. These same people whose "thiefry" left these people ( not just the people of Makoko but other down trodden in our society) also look towards heaven; give praises to the same God whom the people of Makoko prays to as well, the people responsible for these dutifully pays their tithe out of their spoils and year in year out they receive more "blessings", year in year out the people of Makoko slid continually into hardship. I just can't help to think that maybe the "god" of the people responsible for the rots in our society seems to be the true God, while the "gods" of the masses is either a sub-god or he is on leave of absence or maybe the masses have been looking towards "empty" heaven.

NB: Our leaders get mind, imagine the condition them put people inside.
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2013
zolajpower: NOW WHAT IS THE WAY 4WARD NOW? BECOS TAKIN THIS PEOPLW AWAY FROM THEIR NATURAL N HABITAT WILL SPEND DOOM FOR THEM ALL. THIS ARE PEOPLE WHOSE ANCESTORS STARTED WITH MAKOKO BF FASHOLA WAS BORN. LET NOT 4GET ABOUT THE PEOPLE OF BAKASI WHO ARE YET TO SETTLED BY THE FG...

Sorry to say bro, but we should be more concerned about where they wer at that Moment, did you see all that photo for real..? the Govt did them a whole lot of good..i am sure they are somewhere better that what i just saw...You even called that place a Natural habitat..they are humans and not pigs, only pigs would consider such environment as being a natural habitat of existence

2 Likes

Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by legalwealth(m): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2013
Is this place not MAKOKO?
I can remember I saw Odo Iya alaro the other time I went to one of our family house there in 2008?
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by slimyem: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2013
chei: Where were these inhabitants evacuated to?
Wherever it is or is not, I'm sure it'll be a lot better than this eyesore.
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by chucky234(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2013
In one word ,EYESORE.
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by skyfall: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Now i understand why it had to go. Thumbs up Gov Fashola.
Re: Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition by Kslib(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Damn!!! The people who lived there have really endured alot.. Wetin life wan take stone dem again wey dem never see before?
Mehn,i'm speechless!
All izz well!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Brutalised And Stole From A Lawyer (picture) / Rivers LGA Chairmanship And Councillorship Election - Situation Report / US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.