Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,340 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: (2367 Views)

[picture] See what Edo People did to Aisha Buhari / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu / Why Do People Hate Bola Tinubu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 09, 2013
To so many people, the Edo state Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is an Achiever, but I beg to differ and these are some of the reasons. Time and space will not permit me to give more reasons and that can be left for another day.

1. Lack of Pipe Borne Water in Benin City. Before he assumed office as the executive governor of the state, half of the state capital can boast of adequate supply of clean, safe drinking water from the Ikpoba river dam project which was already supplying water a large number of the city residents. Instead of expanding the project by linking more areas to the dam project, he decided to embark on Road Expansion Projects which inadvertently led to the massive destruction of all Water Pipes, both the Mains Pipes from the water dam as well as the innumerable little ones conveying water into our homes, rendering useless the already exiting water supply system. This has been the case for well over three years. These destroyed water pipes are yet to be re-laid and water supply restored. People now buy water from bore hole owners. The number one question here is, whose duty is it to provide water for the people?, how many modern cities don’t have functioning water supply?. How come the man is so much interested in Road?, even when it means taking away water from the people.

2. Illegal Destruction of So many Residential Houses. A visit to Oro Street in Uselu,(one out of many) can leave you speech less. The street was well repaired and street light provided but almost all the houses on the street were battered from behind as a result of the Benin Moat dug centuries ago by Oba Oguola around the Ancient kingdom then to keep marauders out. This moat is now well within the city and people build around it but not inside it. His boys who took charge of the destruction said these houses are too close to the moat, give 50 ft to the moat or your house will be destroyed and they carried out their threat in so many places in the city.

3. His Propaganda style of Administration. As far as I am concern, well over 80% of his work so far is “Simple Renovation”. New Lagos Road, Airport Road, Ring Road etc were all motor able be fore he came, he only added walk ways and street light in some places and these light work for few hours before they are turned off. What is the Uproar all about, why paste your UGLY Pictures all over the town as if we have never seen your type?, the only place where I will score him high are the Renovation of Schools, period. But it is still renovation not Construction from scratch. The PDP people that were here before were not good at Propaganda, they don’t sing their praises, at least not to the high Heavens, but I know they have leant their lessons as they will copy all these propaganda gimmicks very well, to use here in future or else where. They are already doing just that on the Benin to Ore Road rehabilitation Project.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 2:08am On Jan 09, 2013
Tortoise you can lie oh. When I wake up I will answer you. I have lived all my life in edo state and when I left 6 yrs ago it was a sorry sight but when I came in december I was held in awe at the transformation. How many paces have pipe borne water? I attended edo college in the 90's and there was never pipe borne water except the bore hole. I stayed at medical stores road and adolor college road the water situation was on and off that we had to use jerry cans to go look for water over long distances,till we moved to ubth quaters where there was nothing like tap water as the hospital had its bore hole supply. Does water board function well in benin? Go and take statistics a lot of houses have bore hole supply and provide for their neighbours.some sell while others give freely. The bore hole in my house at isihor supplies my neighbours who don't have the means to won one and its for free.In my street alone over 20 houses have bore holes. Go check out the road network the interlinking roads,go check out the way he is trying to fix five junction up. Did the previous administration do even a quater of what Oshiomole did in just four years and still counting. I aint holding forte for him but for God's sake when you see progress or something tangible been done,try and appreciate it. All these achievements aint a big deal cos its what the people deserve good roads,water and electricity. That said for the street lights I can't say much cos I don't go out at night and if I may ask has there ever been a time when street light worked in benin after oyegun era? The only street light I ever knew worked are the ones at ring road while the ugbowo uselu axis is always off and on
. From the end of your post I can see you are a pdp apologist nuff said

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 2:13am On Jan 09, 2013
Is that so? Hmm tell me something. When I wake up I will answer you. I have lived all my life in edo state and when I left 6 yrs ago it was a sorry sight but when I came in december I was held in awe at the transformation. How many paces have pipe borne water? I attended edo college in the 90's and there was never pipe borne water except the bore hole. I stayed at medical stores road and adolor college road the water situation was on and off that we had to use jerry cans to go look for water over long distances,till we moved to ubth quaters where there was nothing like tap water as the hospital had its bore hole supply. Does water board function well in benin? Go and take statistics a lot of houses have bore hole supply and provide for their neighbours.some sell while others give freely. The bore hole in my house at isihor supplies my neighbours who don't have the means to won one and its for free.In my street alone over 20 houses have bore holes. Go check out the road network the interlinking roads,go check out the way he is trying to fix five junction up. Did the previous administration do even a quater of what Oshiomole did in just four years and still counting. I aint holding forte for him but for God's sake when you see progress or something tangible been done,try and appreciate it. All these achievements aint a big deal cos its what the people deserve good roads,water and electricity. That said for the street lights I can't say much cos I don't go out at night and if I may ask has there ever been a time when street light worked in benin after oyegun era? The only street light I ever knew worked are the ones at ring road while the ugbowo uselu axis is always off and on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hater, you are emphasizing what I said that the water situation in benin had been worsen by the present administration when they are suppose to improve on what is on ground. Fool, what makes you think every one likes you comrade governor simply because he is doing his work, is that not what he has been elected to do, I critice constructively not destructively like you.

I will prefer water in people’s houses rather than spraying it up in the air at ring road in the name of beautification, if you are told to choose, which will you prefer, think. I am not opposing him in any way, give the people water, please.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by oluwadare26(m): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
All this na lie... If we no like him we 4 show him the way out during the last election

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
So there is no pipe borne water in edo state? Who is a hater? Me or you? Dude don't build up so much bile in your system or else it will kill you faster than any terminal disease. You can pour all the insults you like,I won't stoop to that level with you. God forbid me codescend to that level. When you are tired of your rant drink cold water
Bob_E: Hater, you are emphasizing what I said that the water situation in benin had been worsen by the present administration when they are suppose to improve on what is on ground. Fool, what makes you think every one likes you comrade governor simply because he is doing his work, is that not what he has been elected to do, I critice constructively not destructively like you.

I will prefer water in people’s houses rather than spraying it up in the air at ring road in the name of beautification, if you are told to choose, which will you prefer, think. I am not opposing him in any way, give the people water, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by drnoel: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
evil men at it again
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
If only you know the way the guy’s mind works. He is only interested in things that can be seen, as far as he is concern, only visible things are important, water pipes deeply buried inside the ground despite their usefulness to the community are not that important to him.

If I am to explain it to you in another manner it is like some one telling you that blood vessels and the life giving blood they carry around your body are of no importance since they not seen from outside. Your life does not depend on what you wear. A modern city without water is still not good enough for me.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Osheshe(f): 12:33am On Mar 23, 2013
@ OP....

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I'd like to state a few of mine here.

For starters, this issue of water has being present for years...long before the Comrade's tenure. As far as I can tell, most residents in the state never benefitted from this so-called 'Ikpoba river dam project'.

Was this dam project intended for a select few? I know for a fact that areas along the Ugbowo axis, right up to Aduwawa, Upper Mission Extension, Ogbelaka, Oko but to mention a few still rely on the water board and generous neighbours for water supply.

I lived at Agenmonmen Crescent off Oyadie and Gapiona Avenues once upon a time. In the very heart of the so-called GRA and there was and still is water scarcity.

My point is, you can talk about water and its scarcity just because once upon a time, you probably benefitted from the dam project. What happens to those who never benefitted from it? Did the project supply water to all the corners of the state? Capital NO!

Whatever the case, I'm sure there are very good reasons for discontinuing the project. Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's give room for this wind of change and be the better for it. DELAY does not mean DENIAL.

Secondly, terming the on-going road projects as 'renovation' works, is nothing short of myopic. Haba! He has done a wonderful job! Give credit to whom it is due. Prior to his tenure, majority of the roads in Benin were nothing to write home about. Now we have smoothly tarred road that are properly demarcated and dualized, making life easy for both pedestrians and those driving.

Or is it the traffic control system? This has brought sanity back on to our roads. Still on the issue of roads, can you honestly term the ongoing work being done on the stretch of Uselu-Ugbowo-Lagos road a 'renovation' project? If this is the only project he accomplishes, he deserves a warm handshake jor! This stretch of road has been a nightmare for years now, most especially during the rainy season. Adolor junction is perpetually submerged in water and the gutters were non-existent.

Also, the demolition exercise is not something you can actually talk about unless you understand the motive behind it. My dad was employed in the ministry of lands, survey and housing and he explained this to me in great detail.

This ministry is the brain and back bone behind these demolitions. What happens is this...when you buy a plot of land and make plans to build, there is a certain minimum setback which must be given from the edge of said building to the fence line....this is applicable to all the sides of the building.

Even as a practising architect, this detail is very necessary before any building plan is approved. Some very stubborn people within the state deliberately flout this by either extending their fences towards the road, by building retail shops in front, which weren't indicated on the plan.

Others simply skip the approval process and go right ahead to start building. For such, you'll usually find a big bold and sexy 'X'...followed by 'REMOVE' and then 'MLSH'.

For those who built close to the moat, you said it yourself that they were given fair warning. Why didn't they comply? Now you wanna paint the state government black over the stubborn nature of those peeps? You're wrong.

In the heat of the road expansion and dualization projects, I recall that the fence around the Oba's Palace was affected and the Oba himself had to break down the said walls and rebuild another. The moral lesson? No one is above the Oba himself. If he can do it, I believe every other person should be able to toe the same line should the situation arise.

Lastly, I believe those who have eyes have seen what the Comrade has done and still is doing. This aint propaganda. In all of the 8 years Lucky ' Big Thief' Igbins spent at the helm of affairs, Edo state and her people were the worse for it. Could he dare paste posters of his face around town? People were ever ready to scratch out the eyes and entire face from the poster sef.

The comrade can do this because his works precede him.

My two cents....

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 24, 2013
@Osheshe, I will take you up on some of the issues you raised simply because you live in Benin and appears not to be interested in name calling.

Let start from the Ugbowo road you mentioned. Please, let be honest. Do you know that this road is a federal government project, it is the federal ministry of works that is handling this project. The state government is adding extra lanes to the road on both side. Their additional lanes are so low that they will be completely “submerged” whenever it rains, I live close to the Tomline River in Uselu, unlike you that live in far away GRA so I know what I am talking about, just visit the road before you reply. In fact those whose are adding the extra lanes are the ones who are short sighted here and not me, they should make sure that their lanes are on the same level as the federal one most especially around flooded areas.

Secondly, the Oba Palace fence was never affected by the airport road expansion, they shifted the road to affect the post office and the state house of assembly rather than touch the palace wall. Also, people who build close to the moat are no peeps, every one in Benin does it, just that they don’t build inside the moat. Have you seen the Okada house at five junction and the Iyoba palace before it, be honest, are these two houses and compound not closer to the moat than all those houses along oro street?, inside the iyoba palace, there is a grave less than ten feet to the moat, I am not saying they should go there and destroy but what is good for the goose is good for the g**der. Even the governor himself knows that the destruction was evil, that was why he ordered the arrest and prosecution of the major who is behind it in the first place, but because of politics decide to back out.

Let call a spade a spade, no one is saying he is not trying but there is more than enough room for improvement.
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2013
Osheshe: @ OP....
God bless you for this response,presnently am in benin and am in awe at the good job been done. The ugbowo road project is federal and the snail speed at which RCC is working is so annoying the traffic jam in the morning afternoon and evening is terrible if you don't have an ac in your car you are on your own. Let's wait for the rains to see how tomline area will b submerged?
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I'd like to state a few of mine here.

For starters, this issue of water has being present for years...long before the Comrade's tenure. As far as I can tell, most residents in the state never benefitted from this so-called 'Ikpoba river dam project'.

Was this dam project intended for a select few? I know for a fact that areas along the Ugbowo axis, right up to Aduwawa, Upper Mission Extension, Ogbelaka, Oko but to mention a few still rely on the water board and generous neighbours for water supply.

I lived at Agenmonmen Crescent off Oyadie and Gapiona Avenues once upon a time. In the very heart of the so-called GRA and there was and still is water scarcity.

My point is, you can talk about water and its scarcity just because once upon a time, you probably benefitted from the dam project. What happens to those who never benefitted from it? Did the project supply water to all the corners of the state? Capital NO!

Whatever the case, I'm sure there are very good reasons for discontinuing the project. Rome wasn't built in a day. Let's give room for this wind of change and be the better for it. DELAY does not mean DENIAL.

Secondly, terming the on-going road projects as 'renovation' works, is nothing short of myopic. Haba! He has done a wonderful job! Give credit to whom it is due. Prior to his tenure, majority of the roads in Benin were nothing to write home about. Now we have smoothly tarred road that are properly demarcated and dualized, making life easy for both pedestrians and those driving.

Or is it the traffic control system? This has brought sanity back on to our roads. Still on the issue of roads, can you honestly term the ongoing work being done on the stretch of Uselu-Ugbowo-Lagos road a 'renovation' project? If this is the only project he accomplishes, he deserves a warm handshake jor! This stretch of road has been a nightmare for years now, most especially during the rainy season. Adolor junction is perpetually submerged in water and the gutters were non-existent.

Also, the demolition exercise is not something you can actually talk about unless you understand the motive behind it. My dad was employed in the ministry of lands, survey and housing and he explained this to me in great detail.

This ministry is the brain and back bone behind these demolitions. What happens is this...when you buy a plot of land and make plans to build, there is a certain minimum setback which must be given from the edge of said building to the fence line....this is applicable to all the sides of the building.

Even as a practising architect, this detail is very necessary before any building plan is approved. Some very stubborn people within the state deliberately flout this by either extending their fences towards the road, by building retail shops in front, which weren't indicated on the plan.

Others simply skip the approval process and go right ahead to start building. For such, you'll usually find a big bold and sexy 'X'...followed by 'REMOVE' and then 'MLSH'.

For those who built close to the moat, you said it yourself that they were given fair warning. Why didn't they comply? Now you wanna paint the state government black over the stubborn nature of those peeps? You're wrong.

In the heat of the road expansion and dualization projects, I recall that the fence around the Oba's Palace was affected and the Oba himself had to break down the said walls and rebuild another. The moral lesson? No one is above the Oba himself. If he can do it, I believe every other person should be able to toe the same line should the situation arise.

Lastly, I believe those who have eyes have seen what the Comrade has done and still is doing. This aint propaganda. In all of the 8 years Lucky ' Big Thief' Igbins spent at the helm of affairs, Edo state and her people were the worse for it. Could he dare paste posters of his face around town? People were ever ready to scratch out the eyes and entire face from the poster sef.

The comrade can do this because his works precede him.

My two cents....
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by vizboy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
@op i stay in auchi and have lived in benin.
And i can proudly say oshio baba is the best governor Edo has ever had. When you talk about demolition they were compensated and comrade govern is working not just in the construction of road but in the education sector. He has done a wonderful job and i have to give credit to him. The works speaks for themselves

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
Edo state is developing fast,new frontiers are opening up. Estates are sprouting up like vegetables .there is a plan for every building,there are parameters that have to be taken cognizance of but some people will build their houses and encraoch into the road,isihor,evbemore,idowina,iguosa and by the time government visits them,those that built on the road do they deserve compensation?
vizboy: @op i stay in auchi and have lived in benin.
And i can proudly say oshio baba is the best governor Edo has ever had. When you talk about demolition they were compensated and comrade govern is working not just in the construction of road but in the education sector. He has done a wonderful job and i have to give credit to him. The works speaks for themselves
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by nig2change: 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Pls we shd not be sentimental abt development. I have lived abt 28yrs in benin I can tell dis called dividends of good governance. Though he may have his bad side as human but I bet you before 4yrs time edo will be better for it. We shd support those in authority dat are leading by example. I live in sapele road - dat road is sweet.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Osheshe(f): 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
I like to be very fair and objective. I realize this is Nigeria and almost anything goes in the name of law.

If those homes demolished near the moat were wrongly done because of some over-zealous workers, then by all means they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Conversely, if these homes violated some sort of building code or town planning rule, they just have to face the music.

The moat in itself is a UNESCO world heritage site. It is something of historic importance and value. As far as I'm concerned, nobody should even be allowed to build near it. How many people will listen?

As for Oshiomhole playing the devil's advocate, you have got to admit that it aint easy to be a governor; not to talk of a 'performing governor'. You put yourself in his shoes nau...I really don't see him as a coward. Just a wise man who figures he'd rather channel his energy into more-pressing affairs. If and when he decides to take up the issue....Well! See me sounding like a supporter ooo grin

As for the Uselu-Ugbowo road project, with proper drains, those additional side lanes will work out just fine. The major problem with that road is a lack of proper drainage systems. I hope both federal and state governments can work hand in hand to resolve this issue.

Overall, I think the Comrade is doing a fine job. Edo State hasn't seen this level of development since maybe Oyegun's tenure. Let's commend him for a job well-done so far....and criticize with good intention.

@ OP...your opening comment was rather too harsh and caustic. You set the tone for the next writer to become defensive. I agree that there's room for improvement but let's first appreciate what's being done first. If you thank God for his finger, He will then show you His hand. The summary of that first comment was 'Oshiomhole hasn't done anything worth while'. This aint true.

Good governance is made possible when everyone is carried along. Its a team effort. Feel free to lay your complaints, but be very objective and fair.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 11:40am On May 07, 2013
@Osheshe, after the last poorly conducted local government elections what is your take of Oshiobaba?, do you honestly think he practiced what he preach, one man one vote during that election?, please be sincere.
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Osheshe(f): 9:55pm On May 07, 2013
As a rule, I like to remain indoors during elections. So I don't fall victim to some trigger-happy chap. I did just that during the recent election. As such, I've got no clue as to what transpired. Tell me, did you observe any live 'action'?
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 11, 2013
Wow, I envy you. My house is so close to several polling centre that even when I am not willing to vote, I can’t help but observe what is going on. So many people including ACN supporters could not cast their votes in my locality. They just littered around the poling centers smoking Indian hemp and waiting for their share of money earmarked for them from the party headquarters.

Also, I wonder why you don’t take the various media reports seriously. According to the various media, election materials arrived as late as 4 pm in many places. The so called comrade governor was only waiting for the poor election result; he forgot that his reputation was at stake as far as conducting election is concerned.

After the election, I knew that ACN will never win any presidential election as they don’t know how to conduct credible poll.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Osheshe(f): 12:33am On May 12, 2013
Bros...one quick question. Who is in charge of delivering election materials?
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by dapachez: 6:22am On May 12, 2013
Your house close to several polling centres hmmmm that is very interesting with emphasis on several and it was written on their forehead that those smoking igbo were A.C.N supporters(too bad) well everyman has a right to his own opinion. I think you should have started another post for thios election issue rather than continue on this thread. Frankly the pulse in benin was high cos A.C.N would have won most of the local government if not all except for Esanland but to my greatest disappointment the irregularities that I heard of was just so sad,it just goes to show that power corrupts absolutely and that politics is such a dirty game.we need to change our orientation in this country and not let ourselves(the youths) to be wrapped around the fingers of politicians and used as tools to achieve their aim
Bob_E: Wow, I envy you. My house is so close to several polling centre that even when I am not willing to vote, I can’t help but observe what is going on. So many people including ACN supporters could not cast their votes in my locality. They just littered around the poling centers smoking Indian hemp and waiting for their share of money earmarked for them from the party headquarters.

Also, I wonder why you don’t take the various media reports seriously. According to the various media, election materials arrived as late as 4 pm in many places. The so called comrade governor was only waiting for the poor election result; he forgot that his reputation was at stake as far as conducting election is concerned.

After the election, I knew that ACN will never win any presidential election as they don’t know how to conduct credible poll.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
dapachez: Tortoise you can lie oh. When I wake up I will

It like this Big Tortoise has been “Dispatched” to the Great beyond. I haven’t heard from him for quite a while…..
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by mars123(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Edo people as in 'the ones wey dey fly wey no like betta tin??
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by wisenewgem(m): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2014
Stop spreading false gist
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by size38: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2014
The greatest mistake any Edo person will make is to allow the PDP gain power in that again after their experience with their former Governor Lucky Igbinidon under the PDP. Well, they have their choice to make. Edo state is a better place now compared to what happened under PDP's 8yrs in power.
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by lukaino(m): 10:41am On Oct 03, 2014
@op, re you going to Judge the performance of the governor with only projects in Benin city?
is he governor of Benin city or Edo State?
i must state here that your views are very myopic and not well thought through.
Have you cared to find out about hundreds of communities across all senatorial districts of the state who have benefited from the massive road
projects carried out by the governor. Please go and find out and come back to this thread. Make your views as broad as possible.
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by saint047(m): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2014
dapachez: Tortoise you can lie oh. When I wake up I will answer you. I have lived all my life in edo state and when I left 6 yrs ago it was a sorry sight but when I came in december I was held in awe at the transformation. How many paces have pipe borne water? I attended edo college in the 90's and there was never pipe borne water except the bore hole. I stayed at medical stores road and adolor college road the water situation was on and off that we had to use jerry cans to go look for water over long distances,till we moved to ubth quaters where there was nothing like tap water as the hospital had its bore hole supply. Does water board function well in benin? Go and take statistics a lot of houses have bore hole supply and provide for their neighbours.some sell while others give freely. The bore hole in my house at isihor supplies my neighbours who don't have the means to won one and its for free.In my street alone over 20 houses have bore holes. Go check out the road network the interlinking roads,go check out the way he is trying to fix five junction up. Did the previous administration do even a quater of what Oshiomole did in just four years and still counting. I aint holding forte for him but for God's sake when you see progress or something tangible been done,try and appreciate it. All these achievements aint a big deal cos its what the people deserve good roads,water and electricity. That said for the street lights I can't say much cos I don't go out at night and if I may ask has there ever been a time when street light worked in benin after oyegun era? The only street light I ever knew worked are the ones at ring road while the ugbowo uselu axis is always off and on

you better not wakeup from your deluded dream....
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2014
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2014
i was born, bred, lived and still living in Edo state..common na oshio don't try ...I can't compare him to any soda democratic gov in Edo state..all other past so called democratic govs destroyed Edo state.all the years of looting, nothing was done allowing the state to deteriorate to rubbles ....oshiomhole has so far been the best edo has had in recent times he had to start from the scratch you know how hard DAT is he has played the foundation Edo will get dere..though he may have aired he can be forgiven.
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by amakufrancis(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
they like dat guy during his first tenure ehhh, as e bann bike him ppl hate am, t or f?
Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by gebest: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
dapachez post=/post/13747217:
Tortoise you can lie oh. When I wake up I will answer you. I have lived all my life in edo state and when I left 6 yrs ago it was a sorry sight but when I came in december I was held in awe at the transformation. How many paces have pipe borne water? I attended edo college in the 90's and there was never pipe borne water except the bore hole. I stayed at medical stores road and adolor college road the water situation was on and off that we had to use jerry cans to go look for water over long distances,till we moved to ubth quaters where there was nothing like tap water as the hospital had its bore hole supply. Does water board function well in benin? Go and take statistics a lot of houses have bore hole supply and provide for their neighbours.some sell while others give freely. The bore hole in my house at isihor supplies my neighbours who don't have the means to won one and its for free.In my street alone over 20 houses have bore holes. Go check out the road network the interlinking roads,go check out the way he is trying to fix five junction up. Did the previous administration do even a quater of what Oshiomole did in just four years and still counting. I aint holding forte for him but for God's sake when you see progress or something tangible been done,try and appreciate it. All these achievements aint a big deal cos its what the people deserve good roads,water and electricity. That said for the street lights I can't say much cos I don't go out at night and if I may ask has there ever been a time when street light worked in benin after oyegun era? The only street light I ever knew worked are the ones at ring road while the ugbowo uselu axis is always off and on

Re: Reasons Why Some Edo People Hate Oshiomhole: by gebest: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
dapachez post=/post/13747217:

U ARE BLESS

(1) (Reply)

NBS: NIGERIA GDP FELL FROM 7.43 TO 6.61 In 2012, ECONOMY SHRINK BY 0.68% In 2012 / Yoruba, Igbo And Media Warriors By Olusegun Adeniyi / Oswald, Communist Agent Murdered Kennedy, US President In Texas…secret Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.