Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN (13311 Views)

Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / APC Radio: Arrest & Question Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi; PDP Tells DSS / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by simongonner: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2013
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) yesterday alleged that the Federal Government was plotting to discredit and silence key opposition leaders so as to stymie moves for merger of political parties ahead of 2015 elections.

In a statement in Lagos yesterday, ACN spokesman Lai Mohammed said the plot was targeted at ACN leader Bola Tinubu, his CPC counterpart General Muhammadu Buhari and their associates.

“Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is particularly a prime target of these evil machinations, because of his status as the leader of the country’s second biggest party, his progressive credentials as well as his electoral value,” Mohammed said.

He said the PDP-led government wants to “cripple the opposition, by ensuring that nothing will be left of the integrity of its key leaders even if they are fortunate to make it to 2015.”

“Some key government agencies have also been co-opted to dig up any dirt they hope can be plastered on the targeted leaders, while foreign intelligence agencies have been contacted in a desperate attempt to unearth any information that can be used to discredit and disgrace these major opposition figures thus distracting them from the merger plans.

“Indications are that highly-combustible sectional and religious issues, that are being manipulated by desperate forces to divide and destroy, are not off the table as long as exploiting them can shut down the opposition. Or how else does one interpret a recent PDP statement that President Goodluck Jonathan is being criticized by the opposition because he is from a minority ethnic group?

“And what about the continuous efforts, which have failed so far, to portray a key opposition leader as a sponsor of Boko Haram? His nomination as a ‘facilitator’ of some phantom peace talks was not an accident, but was carefully choreographed to portray him as a religious zealot and terrorist not fit to preside over the affairs of the nation,” Mohammed added.

Senior special assistant to President Jonathan on public affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, could not be reached by telephone, and he did not reply to a text message sent to him last night.

Also, PDP spokesman Olisa Metuh was not available for comments yesterday.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/85-fg-digging-up-dirt-on-buhari-tinubu-acn
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by gbadexy(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2013
If they don't have skeletons in their cupboard, then they don't have reasons to fear.

17 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Demdem(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2013
They are free to do so. The same dirt OBJ looked for as regards Buhari for years and came back empty is the same the clueless one seems to be looking for.

10 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2013
They should be afraid b'cos their hands are not clean. is this not the C.E.O, Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN)?

7 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Buchianom(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2013
If they dnt have any skeleton in dia cupboard,den their is no need to be scared.

1 Like

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Olaolufred(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2013
I think Jonah can hire the best excavators in the world to do this Job.
His will be dug in the nearest future.
With more diggings, nigerians hope for better future may be brighter.
But as a very slow dullard, I hope his facts will not come out after himself had been bundled out of office.
Not good to be tooooooooooooooooo slow like Retardinho Egbere Jonah.

2 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2013
The Federal Govt should not waste time on Buhari!

The old Generals mouth is filled with dirt, each time he opens his mouth.........

2 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by kunlekunle: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
GEJ is making the nation ungovernable.
Tell me a credible person in that can lead the nation now.
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Willy7(m): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat: They should be afraid b'cos their hands are not clean. is this not the same Buhari that said he would make the country ungovernable? & the C.E.O, Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN)?
Sorry bro,Buhari never said that.Maybe u needed to do a little more research bfore commenting.It was Ciroma and Atiku that made those statement,and guess what?They re both PDP members.My advice to GEJ is:dont go that way,or else he might end up hurting himself.Let him focus on delivering his electoral promises and leave d rest for Nigerians.Trust me,Nigerians know who is d good or bad,no matter what d govt or opposition try to sell.Buhari is not a bad guy,but i cant say d same for Tinubu.As for GEJ,he has more dirt to himself and around him to cleanup before looking outside.Let him focus and deliver first anyway.But if he chooses to go this way as being reported here,then Nigerians should braze up for mother of all revelations and i tell you,the presidency will have the worst hit and casualties because GEJ dines and wines with d most corrupt in the hemisphere.My opinion though

29 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Willy7(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat: They should be afraid b'cos their hands are not clean. is this not the same Buhari that said he would make the country ungovernable? & the C.E.O, Asiwaju Company of Nigeria (ACN)?
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Samxiulee: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
Willy7: Sorry bro,Buhari never said that.Maybe u needed to do a little more research bfore commenting.It was Ciroma and Atiku that made those statement,and guess what?They re both PDP members.My advice to GEJ is:dont go that way,or else he might end up hurting himself.Let him focus on delivering his electoral promises and leave d rest for Nigerians.Trust me,Nigerians know who is d good or bad,no matter what d govt or opposition try to sell.Buhari is not a bad guy,but i cant say d same for Tinubu.As for GEJ,he has more dirt to himself and around him to cleanup before looking outside.Let him focus and deliver first anyway.But if he chooses to go this way as being reported here,then Nigerians should braze up for mother of all revelations and i tell you,the presidency will have the worst hit and casualties because GEJ dines and wines with d most corrupt in the hemisphere.My opinion though
is there any point more than three pointer in the game of basketball?if there is,u deserve it.bulls eye.1000+

4 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Willy7: Sorry bro,Buhari never said that.Maybe u needed to do a little more research bfore commenting.It was Ciroma and Atiku that made those statement,and guess what?They re both PDP members.My advice to GEJ is:dont go that way,or else he might end up hurting himself.Let him focus on delivering his electoral promises and leave d rest for Nigerians.Trust me,Nigerians know who is d good or bad,no matter what d govt or opposition try to sell.Buhari is not a bad guy,but i cant say d same for Tinubu.As for GEJ,he has more dirt to himself and around him to cleanup before looking outside.Let him focus and deliver first anyway.But if he chooses to go this way as being reported here,then Nigerians should braze up for mother of all revelations and i tell you,the presidency will have the worst hit and casualties because GEJ dines and wines with d most corrupt in the hemisphere.My opinion though

its like you are still living in the past. it is you that needs more research. check comments credited to Buhari lately & the ones he said in Hausa Lang. wise up bro.

3 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by kokoA(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat:

its like you are still living in the past. it is you that needs more research. check comments credited to Buhari lately & the ones he said in Hausa Lang. wise up bro.

Can you dig up those comments and post them here or you are just making baseless claims because you hear other people talk? It was Atiku and "Northern elders forum" in PDP that promised to make the country ungovernable. This government have tried over the years to label this same Buhari as the sponsor of Bokoharam, what have they achieved? Absolutely nothing! Buhari might not be a saint but he is more than a hundred times better than all the PDP politicians put together.

11 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Olaolufred(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2013

Abrat, I do not know if you are matured enough to answer this Question.
But I will assume you are an adult.
If I tell you I am going to slap you If you step on my toe.
Can you go to police station to arrest me?
If you can.
then I will call my lawyer to expedite a court action.
Will the court convict me just because you alleged that I said something?
No. They will ask your lawyer to proove your case.

I PITY MANY SEMI-LITERATE NIGERIANS WHO LIVE THEIR LIVES ON HEARSAY.
I HAD NO SHOES, I AM GENTLE, YOU CAN SEE IT ON MY FACE, are enough reasons for such to vote a candidate.
My people are destroyed for lack of Know*****.

8 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Willy7(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat:

I'm not a fan of Buhari or exonerating him,but the exact phrase you used was credited to Ciroma and Atiku.It was prior to the PDP primaries when it was obvious that GEJ will be jettisoning the party zoning arrangement.Buhari has always been critic of having a free and fair election but what he means by that is entirely upto him.I know his comments and d most recent credited to him ok?Buhari is in the opposition party,dont you think that if he was to match his words with actions it'll be easier for d govt to clamp on him?Uptil date he hasnt been even invited for questioning,doesn't that tell you that he only voices out his frustrations and nothing more?The govt knows that he is innocent of d uprisings and bombings,they know that its a PDP affair and thats why Buhari is still walking free today.Are you telling me that you have more security intelligence and information than d late Gen.Andrew Azazi who said PDP is boko haram and boko haram is PDP?Or perhaps you know more than the current PDP chairman Bamanga Tukur who said Boko haram is fighting for justice?Or perhaps all the people in govt that have been arrested or linked to the sect are CPC people or ACN abi?Even GEJ attested to the fact that the sect has infiltrated his govt,so pls remind me again which member of CPC or ACN is in the govt inner circle?How many CPC or ACN members have been arrested or even invited so far for questioning in connection to bombings or boko haram?I dont like any Nigerian politician so far,but i cant stand anyone being unjustly smeared or villified.My brother open ur eyes,nothing is black and white.Thanks

17 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Olaolufred:

Abrat, I do not know if you are matured enough to answer this Question.
But I will assume you are an adult.
If I tell you I am going to slap you If you step on my toe.
Can you go to police station to arrest me?
If you can.
then I will call my lawyer to expedite a court action.
Will the court convict me just because you alleged that I said something?
No. They will ask your lawyer to proove your case.

I PITY MANY SEMI-LITERATE NIGERIANS WHO LIVE THEIR LIVES ON HEARSAY.
I HAD NO SHOES, I AM GENTLE, YOU CAN SEE IT ON MY FACE, are enough reasons for such to vote a candidate.
My people are destroyed for lack of Know*****.
j

Agreed their was a mistake but the one I was actually talking about concerns 2015 elections which I read this morning. I would upload the addy as soon as I'm less busy. thanks for the correction.
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by truth4meal(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
It a bottomless pit they should kip digging...
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Olaolufred(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat: j

Agreed their was a mistake but the one I was actually talking about concerns 2015 elections which I read this morning. I would upload the addy as soon as I'm less busy. thanks for the correction.

My brother, let us seperate emotions from reality.
I read it also.(http://www.blueprintng.com/2013/01/buhari-nige..)
What he said in Hausa was interpreted in English.
We must cultivate the habit of reading and not just jumping to comment based on headline.
Bring it on and we will examine where what he said could make anyone put him in jail.
Remember he told them to do what they are supposed to in may 2012.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=latest+speeches+by+buhari&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2012%2F05%2Fbuhari-dares-jonathan-arrest-me-if-you-can%2F&ei=WnntUNzKMYe50QXqjoH4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGDilTjxHdnbmOgInd8TtnB6Z1LJg&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.d2k

2 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
Olaolufred:

My brother, let us seperate emotions from reality.
I read it also.
What he said in Hausa was interpreted in English.
We must cultivate the habit of reading and not just jumping to comment based on headline.
Bring it on and we will examine where what he said could make anyone put him in jail.
Remember he told them to do what they are supposed to in may 2012.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=latest+speeches+by+buhari&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDoQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2012%2F05%2Fbuhari-dares-jonathan-arrest-me-if-you-can%2F&ei=WnntUNzKMYe50QXqjoH4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGDilTjxHdnbmOgInd8TtnB6Z1LJg&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.d2k

Chief, I'm not a fan of GEJ or Buhari but a concerned Nigerian
The question remains why would a respected Leader say Nigeria would be divided, that nobody would claim victory unless the election is free & fair in 2015. for God's sake where in the world is election free & fair? Nigeria is still developing & there is no guarantee that election will be free & fair in the next 20yrs. What I can read from the man is simply desperation.You let pple speak for you if you are for the majority.

www.blueprintng.com/2013/01/buhari-nige...
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by simongonner: 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2013
kokoA:

Can you dig up those comments and post them here or you are just making baseless claims because you hear other people talk? It was Atiku and "Northern elders forum" in PDP that promised to make the country ungovernable. This government have tried over the years to label this same Buhari as the sponsor of Bokoharam, what have they achieved? Absolutely nothing! Buhari might not be a saint but he is more than a hundred times better than all the PDP politicians put together.
yeah you are right,Buhari is beta than all the pdp polithieves
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
truth4meal: It a bottomless pit Iwould kip digging...

Next time talk like a matured fellow!!
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by PointB: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
One is a blood thirsty bigot the other a known fraud! Why would the FG waste time digging up dirt. Tinubu is just throwing tantrum to gain cheap attention. Abati will be very silly to respond to this.
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by free13: 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
PointB: One is a blood thirsty bigot the other a known fraud! Why would the FG waste time digging up dirt. Tinubu is just throwing tantrum to gain cheap attention. Abati will be very silly to respond to this.

Very true. The terrorist buhari and the thief Tinubu. tongue
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2013
They should continue digging soon they would reach water level
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Well, Buhari has nothing to fear, that much I'm confident about.

And, Tinubu already bested them once...

So. I think this is just GEJ blowing his usual hot air that always packs the ferocity of a malnourished 3-day old baby dragon.

2 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
abrat:

for God's sake where in the world is election free & fair?

What school did you drop out from?

4 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by abrat: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
kingoflag:

What school did you drop out from?

St.upid offspring of i.diots.

Go & ask your fada

2 Likes

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Politic is a dirty game!
Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
kokoA:

chop knuckle joor. You too much! SAI BUHARI 2015!

1 Like

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
PointB: One is a blood thirsty bigot the other a known fraud! Why would the FG waste time digging up dirt. Tinubu is just throwing tantrum to gain cheap attention. Abati will be very silly to respond to this.
and the one in Aso Rock is what? A SLOWPOKE R.ETARDED DUMDFUCK!

1 Like

Re: FG Digging Up Dirt On Buhari, Tinubu — ACN by vanstanzy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2013
So the dirty politicking has started already? PDP at it again! I for one mostly think this, recent PDP statement that President Goodluck Jonathan is being criticized by the opposition because he is from a minority ethnic group, is very lame and immature coming from the Presidents party.
With this dirty dealing, the truth about all sides involved will be heard. Just cant wait!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twin Explosion Rocks Maiduguri Again / Rivers PDP Faults EU Report: Election Went Well, Wike Allowed Level Playing Grou / What Workers Should Do To Those Refusing To Pay 30k Minimum Wage – Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.