Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories (18710 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Ex Muslims Share Your Conversion Stories Here. / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03: Frosbel, I dont have your time.

good !

You can keep claiming that catholics are not christians

There are Catholics who are Christians through the born again experience, these ones are only staying behind to try and reform the church from within , which imho is mission impossible.

and that I was never a christian but you end up looking foolish.

I can only base my conclusion on your knowledgeability of scripture which to be honest is zilch, I mean even the basics you do not understand and yet you keep boasting about your 22 year experience as a Christian, you were never one . Try again !

Why should your sect of christianity be true? Christianity has been around for 2,000 years. Your church has not even been around for a quarter of that time.

The church has been around for over 4000 years , go figure !

A kingdom divided against itself can not prosper. Irreligion is the fastest growing religion in the world.

the catholic church is a kingdom in it's own right , but has nothing to do with the spiritual kingdom of Christ.

besides irreligion is growing only in specific sections of western society, for example , in England most people still believe in GOD , same goes for other European countries, they just do not practice the art of church going , then we talk of eastern Europe , Africa , Asia and the Middle East where Christianity is actually rocketing , with huge numbers coming to know the lord.

That's what happens when you base you stats on unproven data sourced from Wikipedia, try a more reliable source , at least you can afford £5 a month and use Britannia Encyclopedia , no?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
Behold Illogicalboy in all his wisdom...

Logicboy03: Irreligion is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Atheisst everywhere should stand up and salute their online high-priest...

Logicboy03: Stop and think

Oh yes boy, I need to pause and meditate on that for a bit....
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 3:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
^^

So what?

The guy made a mistake of labelling atheism as a religion and you are rejoicing over that?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
cyrexx: ^^

So what?

The guy made a mistake of labelling atheism as a religion and you are rejoicing over that?

Ahahahahaha

Did he make a mistake though?

LMAO at these clowns that don't know if they perpetuating a Religion, a Philosophy, or just a Cry for help...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

besides irreligion is growing only in specific sections of western society, for example , in England most people still believe in GOD , same goes for other European countries, they just do not practice the art of church going , then we talk of eastern Europe , Africa , Asia and the Middle East where Christianity is actually rocketing , with huge numbers coming to know the lord.

That's what happens when you base you stats on unproven data sourced from Wikipedia
, try a more reliable source , at least you can afford £5 a month and use Britannia Encyclopedia , no?

This is how I know that you are very dull.

1) Christianity is dying in the UK and you are mentioning England? You mad? Furthermore, most British are actually irreligious

They prefer to use the British Social Attitudes survey, carried out annually by the National Centre for Social Research, which paints a picture of a less-religious country, with 51% describing themselves as non-religious and 43% as Christian
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12507319

2) You claim christianity is grwoing in Asia, you might want to rethink how much christianity is growing compared to irreligionn in countries like China, Japan, South Korea and Vietnam.

3) The middle east and Africa are the only place that religion is growing steadily. If this is not a sign that religion is for the dregs of society or for the poor and most hostile regions on earth

4) You mention Eastern Europe as a place for growing christianity/religion. I would like for you to explain Ukraine,Russia, Check republic and bulgaria and how religion is growing in these countries.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2013

So what?

I didnt make a mistake, I said "irreligion". You would find that that I said that for coherence.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

This is how I know that you are very dull.

1) Christianity is dying in the UK and you are mentioning England? You mad? Furthermore, most British are actually irreligious

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12507319

You obviously do not know the difference between being non-religious and atheism.

For example there are many people who believe in GOD or some intelligent force but reject religion, they would rather worship GOD or believe in this intelligent force in their own little way.

Also the data suggests that 43% of people are Christians which is still a high number , if you add both the religious and non-religious GOD believers, we are approaching almost 80%

Eurobarometer Poll 2005
United Kingdom
Belief in a god 38%
Belief in a spirit or life force 40%
Belief in neither a spirit,god, nor life force 20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

2) You claim christianity is grwoing in Asia, you might want to rethink how much christianity is growing compared to irreligionn in countries like China, Japan, South Korea and Vietnam.

They are , it is a known fact, do your research.

3) The middle east and Africa are the only place that religion is growing steadily. If this is not a sign that religion is for the dregs of society or for the poor and most hostile regions on earth

Fail again.

4) You mention Eastern Europe as a place for growing christianity/religion. I would like for you to explain Ukraine,Russia, Check republic and bulgaria and how religion is growing in these countries.

The Christian population has been rocketing ever since atheism communism was destroyed and rightly so !
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

Ahahahahaha

Did he make a mistake though?

LMAO at these clowns that don't know if they perpetuating a Religion, a Philosophy, or just a Cry for help...

so what exactly is your point, trolking?

Atheists are clowns for exposing the nonsense your religion perpetrates or your are just a senseless clown that attacks atheists thinking you are serving the purpose of your imaginary friend?

Cos you are not making sense at all.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2013

There are many people who believe in GOD or some intelligent force but reject religion, they would rather worship GOD or believe in this intelligent force in their own little way.
- Frosbel, 2013

I agree with you, albeit partially. What we know about God comes from religion and if there is no christianity or islam, there wont be Yahweh or Allah and if probably there is a true Creator-God, i'm sure he wont be either Yahweh or Allah who freaks out and send people to hell simply for their unbelief in him.

Like I said earlier, such a god (yahweh/allah) with insecure ego could never have been the one who created this universe, assuming this universe was created in the first place.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

You obviously do not know the difference between being non-religious and atheism.

For example there are many people who believe in GOD or some intelligent force but reject religion, they would rather worship GOD or believe in this intelligent force in their own little way.

Also the data suggests that 43% of people are Christians which is still a high number , if you add both the religious and non-religious GOD believers, we are approaching almost 80%

Eurobarometer Poll 2005
United Kingdom
Belief in a god 38%
Belief in a spirit or life force 40%
Belief in neither a spirit,god, nor life force 20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

You are a real dummy. You readily assume that I do not know why I chose to say "irreligion"? So, I dont know the difference between atheism and irreligion?

You are a real arrogant person.

See, atheists do not have a problem with agnostics or deists. An irreligious theist doesnt carry the dogmatic baggage of a religious theist.

Now, that we have settled that you are trying to runaway from the fact that the UK is more irreligious than christian, you can kindly enjoy your butthurt
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are a real dummy. You readily assume that I do not know why I chose to say "irreligion"? So, I dont know the difference between atheism and irreligion?

same thing, you can be irreligious and still believe in GOD. Stop hyperventilating, slow down and think.

Irreligion may even include forms of theism depending on the religious context it is defined against, as in 18th century Europe where the epitome of irreligion was deism - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

You are a real arrogant person.

Is that how your parents brought you up, what a shame !
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
I tire for some people o. This thread has left its principal objective. Frosbel what's the matter? What really is the reason for creating this thread? I want to know.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
Reyginus: I tire for some people o. This thread has left its principal objective. Frosbel what's the matter? What really is the reason for creating this thread? I want to know.

derailed by logicboy.

He is giving atheists a bad name .
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

derailed by logicboy.

Not by Frosbel who was lecturing atheists and agnostics on what it means to be a christian.....no way!

Mtchew
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

derailed by logicboy.

You paved the way for him. It doesn't matter the number of pages you atain with these distractions, as long as you're not addressing the crux. You can still get the thread back to what it should be.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
Reyginus: You paved the way for him. It doesn't matter the number of pages you atain with these distractions, as long as you're not addressing the crux. You can still get the thread back to what it should be.

guilty as accused grin

back on track, oh yes, I need to respond to some questions from cyrexx later on.

Sorry guys and gals, wherever logic boy appears their is a resultant confusion and descending into all out insults and abuse.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
cyrexx:

so what exactly is your point, trolking?

Atheists are clowns for exposing the nonsense your religion perpetrates

What's my point, he asks....

Exposing the Nonsense my religion perpetrates, he says...

Cyrexx the clown said this:

So what?

Illogical boy the other clown then said this:

Logicboy03:

I didnt make a mistake, I said "irreligion". You would find that that I said that for coherence.

Illogical boy isn't even coherent to his fellow clowns...

This is my point cyrexx....

Amusing myself at your stewpidity...is my point...

Cyrexx + Illogicalboy = Surprisingly good entertainment value...
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

What's my point, he asks....

Exposing the Nonsense my religion perpetrates, he says...

Cyrexx the clown said this:

Illogical boy the other clown then said this:

Illogical boy isn't even coherent to his fellow clowns...

This is my point cyrexx....

Amusing myself at your stewpidity...is my point...

Cyrexx + Illogicalboy = Surprisingly good entertainment value...

You're calling other people clowns?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
@Cheddarking

okay, then.

Enjoy the show

cool
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
wiegraf:

You're calling other people clowns?

Another clown joins the show....

Go on...Entertain me clown...

Say something that isn't retarded... grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
cyrexx: @Cheddarking

okay, then.

Enjoy the show

cool

Thanks cyrexx!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

Thanks cyrexx!
Thanks for adding value to this thread...
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

Another clown joins the show....

Go on...Entertain me clown...

Say something that isn't retarded... grin

A little diversion. There is some truth to this post sadly, as I fear you're rather stoopid so sophisticated jabs won't work on you. This complicates the scenario, making it a near impossible task to not say something reta.rded, if the aim is to get through to you ie. What's that they say about arguing with f.ools?

Actually, this is why most of the atheists won't bother to address you, but of course you'd be too stoopid to notice. A feat you're managing even now, see? If the aim though is to please myself though, engaging you might be pleasing. Though that depends on how amusing I find you.

So do note, only @logic would normally spend time on your likes. He also has other strange hippie beliefs, like thinking marrying fundies could actually work, or engaging muslims could result in their becoming more reasonable/tolerant. The rest of us just *smh* at such blind optimism. I'm not even sure why he calls you a troll, as that's insulting good and proper trolls. They know what they're doing, you conspicuously don't. You're by default just stoopid, so he's giving them a bad name.

I hope you've kept up. Anyways, you're calling other people clowns, cheddah?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2013
musKeeto: Are the stories over? Is this the point where the Christians/Muslims initiate steps to re-convert their prodigal brothers to their fold? Would logicboy lose his 'disbelief'? Would frosbel, cast off his 'hatred' for the immoral atheists, and be able to distinguish Christ from the church? Will Mohammed be ever disassociated from Islam? Have these stories shaken the faith of the 'spiritually unfulfilled' folks? Which is the true religion? Will muskeeto stop being a punk? And pick up the cross wey im drop since last year?

Lwkmd!!! I seriously doubt muskeeto will stop being a punk. It's his nature tongue
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
wiegraf:

A little diversion. There is some truth to this post sadly, as I fear you're rather stoopid so sophisticated jabs won't work on you. This complicates the scenario, making it a near impossible task to not say something reta.rded, if the aim is to get through to you ie. What's that they say about arguing with f.ools?

Actually, this is why most of the atheists won't bother to address you, but of course you'd be too stoopid to notice. A feat you're managing even now, see? If the aim though is to please myself though, engaging you might be pleasing. Though that depends on how amusing I find you.

So do note, only @logic would normally spend time on your likes. He also has other strange hippie beliefs, like thinking marrying fundies could actually work, or engaging muslims could result in their becoming more reasonable/tolerant. The rest of us just *smh* at such blind optimism. I'm not even sure why he calls you a troll, as that's insulting good and proper trolls. They know what they're doing, you conspicuously don't. You're by default just stoopid, so he's giving them a bad name.

This long-winded attempt to be witty just falls flat on its face....

An entire epistle? Really?

Damn illogical boy might just have a rival to the clown throne after all...

Lmao
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
wiegraf:

shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

Em. . . , eskiz sir, acksually sir, what the man writed she are making me to LMAO!!!

cheesy

Dang, wiegraf get bad mouth sha. grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Em. . . , eskiz sir, acksually sir, what the man writed she are making me to LMAO!!!

cheesy

Sorry, I was born that way. Never take my antics personally abeg. I'll work on it, true

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:

An entire epistle? Really?

Damn illogical boy might just have a rival to the clown throne after all...

Lmao

Just answer the last bit then you can continue lmao, or whatever half wits do in their spare time. Sadly though, I've run out of play time atm. You could answer and I may get back to it though, if I still find you amusing ie.

Edit: And oh yes, again, it's not supposed to be witty to m.orons like you. Try to keep up if you can
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cheddarking(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
It's all good though...
Ishilove:

cheesy

Really?

Damn...The average Nigerian IQ seems to bedropping at a faster rate these days...
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking: It's all good though...

Really?

Damn...The average Nigerian IQ seems to bedropping at a faster rate these days...

lol.......what wont I see on Nairaland? A tard talking about IQ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / Seductive And Subtle Pornographic Content That Deposit Lusts In Your Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.