Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election (6853 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Ikpeazu's Election As Abia Governor / Tribunal Upholds Ajimobi’s Election As Oyo Governor / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by spora1: 12:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
After nine months of legal tussle, the Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja, this afternoon, upheld the election of  Alhaji Umar Musa Yar'Adua as the President and the C-in-C of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

In a report monitored in Lagos, the tribunal in dismissing the petitions of Alhs Atiku Abubakar and Moh'd Buhari, declared  that Alhaji Umar Musa Yar'Adua was duly elected.

Full Text of the presidential election tribunal ruling held in Abuja on Tuesday, 26 February, 2008: Part 1
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by alfangco(m): 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2008
Too bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddd

I only hope the judges know and believe in what they did.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by otokx(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2008
what is the source please?
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by AKO1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2008
otokx:

what is the source please?

Go on your T.V if you get light.

It is well. We can't but continue to pray for this country and console ourselves.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Aussie(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2008
The reading is still on. No judgment yet. Make una listen well and stop spreading false news. The ball will definitly swing either way.

We are till watching,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by deor03(m): 12:43pm On Feb 26, 2008
for those abroad and those in the office
try

http://www.radionigeriaonline.com/ for live broadcast of the judgement
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 12:48pm On Feb 26, 2008
[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:X9aVwlHlDZyXbM:http://www.justice.org.uk/jshrn/JUSTICE-logo.jpg[/ihttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Cg[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:CgPrMUYc4JxGsM:http://www.1ststeptosewingsuccess.com/commonsense.
[/img]
This is the victory of common sense over justice, Good tiding Mr Prez , now fix the power crisis will u.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by jibitoye(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26, 2008
It is all over the net now, we are watching live on the net, and both Atiku's case and Buhari's were thrown out, shame on us!!!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by jibitoye(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2008
Buhari's, for insufficient evidence.
Atiku's, that he did actually participated in the election,

I always had the inkling that justice will not be served on Nigerians.

Shame, shame, shame
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by youngies(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2008
my own is that MR ADUA should fix my country up, my people cant continue living in this ghastly manner no more, how long , how long, He better realize he picked up our last chance 4 revival.

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:hQGFh7dR2GhuvM:http://www.worldproutassembly.org/images/poverty_lagos.jpg[/img]
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by oldie(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
Just relieved!
We can carry-on with our lives
President give us light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by McKren(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2008
idupaul:

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:X9aVwlHlDZyXbM:http://www.justice.org.uk/jshrn/JUSTICE-logo.jpg[/ihttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Cg[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:CgPrMUYc4JxGsM:http://www.1ststeptosewingsuccess.com/commonsense.
[/img]
This is the victory of common sense over justice, Good tiding Mr Prez , now fix the power crisis will u.

That sums it up, it is no victory for democracy, it is no victory for justice: , it is simply victory for common sense

Lets hope Yaradua will have the spine to rule Nigeria and take decisions like a man.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by SkyBlue1: 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2008
I don't even know what to say, i am just speechless. @ idupaul, you call this "common sense over justice"? So i am guessing you are admitting that it is injustice in the first place. I don't even want to go into details, but it seems politicians in Nigeria can rig elections and carry on as if nothing happened. Isn't this exactly what happened after OBJs 2nd term win? Election tribunal upheld that insult of an election. Well guys, i guess OBJ has his 3rd term after all, you never know i might be so blind as to believe this is good for the country tomorrow, but right now, i just don't know for Nigeria.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Aussie(m): 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2008
Don't expect anythnig good from an illegal administration, a self-imposed goverment like that of Yar'Adua. All the blames shuld go to Obasanjo and his generation yet unborn.
I don't expect these lawyers to rule otherwise, they will rule to favour Yar'Adua in the interest of PEACE!!
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by AKO1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 26, 2008
It's official.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2008
@skyblue

Its gross injustice alright, but it was one taken in cognizance of the fragile polity and for national security thus common sense had to be applied.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by spora1: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
Aussie:

I don't expect these lawyers to rule otherwise, they will rule to favour Yar'Adua in the interest of PEACE!![/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Your statement sums us everything. I can't agree less.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by McKren(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2008
idupaul:

@skyblue

Its gross injustice alright, but it was one taken in cognizance of the fragile polity and for national security thus common sense had to be applied.

I hope our National security will not be fragile forever

Because there is no evidence to show that in 8years time someone will not rig another election and remain in power because of fragile National Security.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Aussie(m): 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
It 's all over.
We shall meet at the apex court.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by spora1: 1:30pm On Feb 26, 2008
Aussie:

I don't expect these lawyers to rule otherwise, they will rule to favour Yar'Adua in the interest of PEACE!![/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Your statement sums up everything. I can't agree less.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by felo12(m): 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2008
Presidential Election tribunal in Abuja has uphold the election of President Yar'Adua, .http://www.tribune.com.ng/
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by jibitoye(m): 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2008
Common sense? We Nigerians can excuse anything!!!!
When shall we depart from our paths of ignominy? When??

What now stops the 2011 election being worse than this last one?
I have heard arguments about Atiku and Buhari not being the answers to our problems.
We have treated this whole issue as if it is about the personalities involved rather than bequeathing a credible process. As if it was only Atiku and Buhari that contested the elections. I watched the proceedings live on the net, and noted references to "Awolowo vs Shagari"; "Falae vs Obasanjo" and I marvelled at what it was all about (referencing earlier controversial cases that have contributed to our present day rot), maintaining the status quo of a perilous electoral system or a turn around to move our nation towards a system in which fairness, equity and justice is the bedrock.

This is a sad day in our history,
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by Jaytee67(m): 1:35pm On Feb 26, 2008
I don't think we have seen the end yet. But the tribunal had played its own part. Whether it is right or wrong is now a question to be decided at higher courts. We pray for unity of nation anyway.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by pheemyhan(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2008
the tribunal has uphold the election of the President Musa Yar' Adua and his vice Goodluck Jonathan saying former vice president Atiku Abubakar did not have prove in his petition filed. and Buhari's own is also thrown away.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by pastorking(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2008
That Yaradua has been decared the authentic winner of the April 2007 elections is the best thing that happened to us Nigerians.

Now, let him sit down properlly without any more fear of Tribunal, declare a state- of- emergency on the power sector, and try to shape the economy better.

I see him as a better person than the likes on Atiku or Buhari.

Up! Up! Yara'dua!

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by SkyBlue1: 1:45pm On Feb 26, 2008
People keep on saying this was in the interest of peace, what a paradox. Injustice is in the interest of peace? Is it not injustices that cause people to go to war? that cause conflict? Why must the so called "common sense" in Nigeria be so upside down? People in power are taking Nigerians for a ride all in the interest of PEACE? Is this not exactly what happened after OBJs second election in 2003? It was rigged, tribunals still upheld it and nothing was done in the interest of peace? I am so shocked with the lame excuses i seriously don't know wether to cry or laugh. Well guys, i am guessing this is the status quo now, next 4 years from now, the elections will be rigged beyond all hope and nothing will be done again IN THE INTEREST OF PEACE!!!!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by SkyBlue1: 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2008
I don't know wether you guys are not seeing that this was not about Yaradua, it was about the process by which he came in. People please let us stop extending sentiments because we think he is a nice guy or use flimsy arguements like he would have won anyway. If he would have won anyway, then why did PDP rig? It is not about Yaradua, we are now saying it is ok to rig elections and people will say the injustice was in the interest of peace, what a paradox. And he has been inactive for 9 months of 4 years, but all off a sudden, you think he will start fulfilling his duties more dilligently because of this? God Help Us
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by jibitoye(m): 1:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
For once , I see someone thinking just the way I am thinking on a thread about Nigerian politics. Our politicians have so conditioned our national senses that we hardly know what we are about again as a people, We are forever at home with "moving forward"; "in the interest of"; "national security" and other divisive connotations they have imagined that we can not rationalize change.

Thank you, Sky Blue (maybe i don't even need to thank you but respect your discernment of what the real issues are).
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by idupaul: 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
it was about the process by which he came in

See our case is too bad now and i for one no longer cares about a process that will remove a villain and bring in another villain, gone r the times i believed a nationalistic messiah was lurking somewhere near, man i just want my country fixed in the soonest possible time and i dont need u no process to slow this down, So pls tell me Adua to fix my country now!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by ojimboIV: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2008
we should all understand that the tribunal looked at the evidence tendered before it and made a decision. if there was reason to annul the elections trust me jega and ogebe wouldn't have held back and that is what justice is all about.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal Upholds Yar'adua's Election by SkyBlue1: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
People keep using Kenya as an example, why is there violence in Kenya? Is it not because of a perceived injustice? It is only in Nigeria that reasoning will be upside down. This has nothing to do with putting someone else in Power and this is so much bigger then Yaradua, they couldn't just have asked for a re-run? When i hear the word democracy tagged to Nigeria i can't help but laugh.

But for real though, I seriously do think that since the majority seem to be so willing to settle with this, we should just stop deceiving ourselves and move to stop holding elections in Nigeria. Why do we spend billions and waste time on elections if there is no point? The assembly should seriously consider this, it would save us money in the long run. OBJ or IBB or Adedibu can just select our next leader in 4 years time instead of putting Nigerians through the farce and insult called Nigerian (magic) elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eleweomo, Two Others Killed At Ibadan Pdp Rally / What Was The Reason For The Change Of Our National Anthem? / The Full Political Meaning Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.