Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1263525 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 6:57am On Jul 08, 2016
darkenedrebel:
cc: Elymaxiimus Sinizia Jigsawkillah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv00qJWech8

It was between who and who? I'm yet to play the video. Also recommend some dòpe battles between these new cats for me like those of Rum Nitty and co.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Realslimshady(m): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2016
open call out
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2016
darkenedrebel:

That logic is post hoc ergo propter hoc and cannot be accepted as a valid line of argument.
I Ascribed the wrong cause to an event, you say?

Now, latin aside, if you pay a scrupulous attention to my words, you would effortlessly discern the underlying meaning. That wasn't a pemise, it was an analogy.

Besides, we are talking about Rap Battles here. How did the 'All Progressive Compass''{APC} find its way into the discourse? grin.
Your parallel is too tangential.
[quote] grin at "all progressive compass"

Yes, indeed, we're talking about rap battles. Be that as it may, a speaker has an infinite leeway to make an analogy from any work of life.

Recently, Donald trump made some citations from the cartoon -- Frozen.

[quote]
No it didn't. Not to me anyway.

It was actually the set-up, not the punchline. The punchline was: 'sex on the beach; this bitch gon' get laid in dirt'

Does puns alone win you a first round? I hardly think so.

And technically, metaphors are more harder to generate than puns.
Not puns alone, but puns mixed with metaphors:

*until you see that 'ratchet show' like 'bad girl's club'

* twin guns, I'll fill drums, and you'll lift 'em both

I'm the type to raise 'two black fours' to niggas 'like different strokes'.

It was sick to you because that was the first time you heard something like that.

Math Hoffa used the 911 bar in a different way against Dizaster so when Con spat it again it had lost the wow factor.
well . . .

Majority of them were and they sure were more innovative than those of Conceited.
citing them won't be a bad idea.

Charron used something similar against Magic. Charlie Clips did too.
'something similar' undecided

Now you're beginning to skip like a broken CD. Because you do not share the same frame of reference as Darkrebel does not mean his style is flawed.

It beggars description how you can even claim that all my movie references are individualistic and too esoteric to grasp. 'Bad Boys 2' is more popular than 'Star Trek' or '50 Shades Of Grey?' really?. . . now you're really stretching credulity to its limits.

Few days ago you told Reyginus that you hadn't seen '50 Shades Of Grey' when I made a reference to it some five months ago in the Nairaland cypher. Which means you thought it was not a 'popular movie', right?

Herein lies the aporia in your initial contention about my metaphors being too inside baseball:

1. The novel '50 Shades Of Grey' had sold 125 million copies worldwide by June 2015

2. The novel '50 Shades Of Grey' has been translated into over 40 different languages

3. Despite the generally unfavorable reviews that the movie adaptation of '50 Shades Of Grey' received, it was still the flavor of the month for about 5-6 weeks after it premiered.

It was even banned from Nigerian cinemas and generated a whirlpool of controversies. Heck! there was even a Nairaland front-page story about a girl's undies that was found in the theater after she and her boyfriend went to see '50 Shades Of Grey' at Shoprite. Supposedly left behind by the girl after her boyfriend caught the Tunnel Carpal Syndrome from painstaking hours of boring his fingers deeply into her yin-yang.

So you see, because you do not catch my references first-hand does not mean it is too 'byzantine and recondite'.
I never condemn your referencing star trek. I can't even recall when you did that.

50 shades of grey isn't more popular than bad boys 2. This post of yours implies that, in fact: it's been banned here and there. The truth is, only those who are really into movie watching are familiar with the film.

If I wasn't someone who constantly scours the web for info, I wouldn't know what 50 shades of grey means till today.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 08, 2016
sinizia:

It was between who and who? I'm yet to play the video. Also recommend some dòpe battles between these new cats for me like those of Rum Nitty and co.

Bender vs Arcane.

I've not been following KOTD or URL so I can't say which battles are red-hot ATM. Jigsaw can help you with that. Ask him.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2016
illmortal:

would u mod a brawl between i and hydrogen ?

No, I wouldn't. Ask Airmark to do that for you guys.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2016
darkenedrebel:

No, I wouldn't. Ask Airmark to do that for you guys.

Ok.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2016
airmark:
@ krone, I will do it soon. rap section will soon get out of this trying times.

Please mod a brawl for me.

ill-mortal vs hydrogen .

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Bender vs Arcane.

I've not been following KOTD or URL so I can't say which battles are red-hot ATM. Jigsaw can help you with that. Ask him.

I'll download it later this weekend. BTW, you should check Rum Nitty vs Chess. Rum Nitty is the new gun bar king presently.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2016
illmortal:

ill-mortal vs hydrogen .
Airmak, please give these guys gloves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
I Ascribed the wrong cause to an event, you say?

I said the logic was post hoc ergo propter hoc because you posited that the majority are not always right then went on to bolster your claims by referencing past incidents where the majority were in the wrong, forgetting that correlation does not always translate to causation.

Ex:

Elymax: Two Black kids were shot in Minnesota last weekend while it was raining
Elymax: Four Black Kids were gunned in Louisiana three days ago and it was also raining
Elymax: Therefore, Black kids die on rainy days alone.

The foregoing example was the post hoc fallacy you were guilty of. QED.

Now, latin aside, if you pay a scrupulous attention to my words, you would effortlessly discern the underlying meaning. That wasn't a pemise, it was an analogy

I did know it was an analogy; I used the word parallel.

Not puns alone, but puns mixed with metaphors:
*until you see that 'ratchet show' like 'bad girl's club'
* twin guns, I'll fill drums, and you'll lift 'em both
I'm the type to raise 'two black fours' to niggas 'like different strokes'.

And word-playing fours with folks is good enough for government work to you? I'm disappointed.

Wel...

Well, the 9/11-two-plane-in-the-trade-centre bar was DOA. . . .dead on arrival. Because Nunu Nellz and her band of little green men had multiple ōrgasms upon hearing the bar doesn't redounds in anyway to its potency. Con was more or less just riding on the coattails of the crowd reaction.

citing them won't be a bad idea

You want me to cite some of Magic's bars that were both hard-hitting and 'listener-friendly'?
Your wish is my command:

***I am here, B Magic versus Tevin Campbell – can we talk?/Catch bullets, that's what the 80 for; Randy Moss
Back in my arms again, I am the boss/
I will survive till we meet again like Diana Ross/

***‘Cause we can fight steel with steel like Bishop in Juice
Bitch, tuck your tail, better split like the percolator move
Or your lights'll get knocked out like the circuit breaker loose
If you buggin', you'll get sprayed; I exterminated groups
Metal talking, Con'll run, like Terminator 2

***Stake out at your car with the 40 on my waist
He walk in the parking lot, leaving, the party finna shake
Bad Boys 2, you know when Marcus daughter finna date?
I meet Reggie at the door and put a 40 in his face

None of the bars upchucked by Con were able to measure up to those three up there. Just like Conceited would say: that's not a punchline, that's 'real facts'.

'something similar'

Most rappers that have gone up against Magic tend to use the Magic-Rabbit-Cap angle. It's one of the commonest name-flips you get to hear when rappers are pitted against him.

I never condemn your referencing star trek. I can't even recall when you did that

You condemned me for my individualistic metaphors especially those pertaining to movie references. Then you went on to say that the reason I lose points in rap duels is because I draw parallels betwixt my opponent and very unpopular movie characters. I was only pointing out the loopholes in your assertions when I made mention of Star Trek. Since you claimed my metaphors border on unpopular movie references then would you categorize Star Trek as an unpopular movie? After all I've made a reference to it in the past.

And do list out all the so-called unpopular movie references I've made.

50 shades of grey isn't more popular than bad boys 2.

This statement right here is the costliest joke of the 21st century. FYI, 50 Shades Of Grey shíts on Bad Boy 2 in terms of media and worldwide popularity.

I thought I told you that the novel 50 Shades Of Grey has been translated into over 50 different languages? How you can still mention it in the same breath with Bad Boys 2 boggles the mind.

This post of yours implies that, in fact: it's been banned here and there

You're committing the straw man fallacy here. I said 50 Shades Of Grey was banned in Nigerian Cinemas, I never it was proscribed in cinemas abroad. And I also never said that it wasn't up for download/streaming on the internet. And don't you know that all forms of publicity is good publicity.
The ban placed on it was more of an attraction than a repellent because, naturally, human curiosity tends to click on all cylinders when you prohibit a person from doing or watching something etc.

Ex: Adam and Eve were instructed not to eat from the forbidden tree but that only aroused their interest the more. You see?

The truth is, only those who are really into movie watching are familiar with the film

You keep dropping clangers, boy. You want to know the gospel truth? The truth is that you are blind to your parochialism. grin

How can you make such ignorant pontifications with unmitigated superciliousness made worse by a rancid air of hubris?

This was culled from a movie review website:

"Movie lovers who spoke with NE also expressed disappointment about the inability to see the movie, Fifty Shades of Grey. The movie beat all box office competition, and became one of the highest-earning R-rated debuts in cinematic history. By grossing over $8 million in it's opening weekend"

I cannot post the link because of the Anti-spambot but I think I've already made my point.

If I wasn't someone who constantly scours the web for info, I wouldn't know what 50 shades of grey means till today.

Even the man on the Clapham Omnibus knew about 50 Shades Of Grey without having to 'scour' the web. It was the news of the town around the time it premiered. It was discussed on TV and Radio; magazines and e-zines had columns dedicated to it alone; dissertations on it were splattered all over various internet forums. Even Facebook and Twitter were not left out of the 50 Shades Of Grey frenzy.

You my friend must have probably living under a rock . . .no, I change my mind, you must have been living under an erratic boulder. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2016
sinizia:

I'll download it later this weekend. BTW, you should check Rum Nitty vs Chess. Rum Nitty is the new gun bar king presently.

I've seen Rum Nitty vs B-magic. He really held his own in that battle.

I'll add Rum vs Chess to my bucket-list. . . . . .I just hope Chess wasn't hyper-ventilating like he did when he paired up with Steams to battle the dynamic duo aka DNA and K-Shine cheesy

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I've seen Rum Nitty vs B-magic. He really held his own in that battle.

I'll add Rum vs Chess to my bucket-list. . . . . .I just hope Chess wasn't hyper-ventilating like he did when he paired up with Steams to battle the dynamic duo aka DNA and K-Shine cheesy

LOL. That's Chess for you - screams more than his bars like lungs popping out wins brawls. grin grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by obainojazz(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2016
cool Came to enjoy big grammars.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by airmark(m): 12:59am On Jul 09, 2016
illmortal:

ill-mortal vs hydrogen .

When are you sparring ?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2016
airmark:

When are you sparring ?
Abuchi
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:54am On Jul 09, 2016
Cc darkenedrebel

Smh. I know you're the unyielding and uncompromising type. So, let's not stretch this argument past its elastic limit.

But, permit me to address just one 'post hoc' assertion I spotted in your post:

you said con played four/folks... Where did you hear or see that?

" I'm the type to RAISE TWO BLACK FOURS to niggas like DIFFERENT STROKES."

That was a swimming and gun pun worded to maximum effect with the endline similie.

He didn't utter 'four' itself as a homophone of 'folk'. Rather, four there was a homonym:

Four -- number

four -- Gun

In swimming, number four is raised (I think to indicate the four strokes of swimming or whatever. I'm not swimming inclined, but I usually see them raise up 4's.).

I told you con's bars in that round were more complex and better, but you don't want to succumb to the fact that I was correct, and you were wrong.

The bars you posted were nice; I loved them. Regardless, con's were better (in that round).

Shalom...

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 8:44am On Jul 09, 2016
airmark:

When are you sparring ?

It's tomorrow sire.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Hydrog3n(m): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2016
illmortal:

ill-mortal vs hydrogen .
Am not gonna partake in battle he's goin' to mod.Sorry 'bout that, but brawl with someone else.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
Baba how far? Your presence for here don turn diamond: it's scarce.

By the way, If I download that track and get disappointed, I shall sue you for 'Hypejury'.
You won't regret it, bro. Please download it. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Hydrog3n:
Am not gonna partake in battle he's goin' to mod.Sorry 'bout that, but brawl with someone else.

Simpleton
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by airmark(m): 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
illmortal:

It's tomorrow sire.

Your guy has turned it down .

Limerick:
Abuchi

Whats the meaning of that ?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Hydrog3n(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2016
illmortal:

Simpleton
Seriously? what are you,like 8?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2016
airmark:

ya,sorry for perturbing.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Realslimshady:
open call out
Accepted . Please avoid ducking.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2016
airmark:

Greetings abuchi
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Realslimshady(m): 6:51am On Jul 10, 2016
illmortal:

Accepted . Please avoid ducking.
OK set up thread

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
Realslimshady:
OK set up thread

OK. .be full of beans.
The thread 'll be out soon.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
airmark:

When are you sparring ?
Please i need a thread for a brawl,thanks.

Realslimshady vs illmortal
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Realslimshady(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
illmortal:

Please i need a thread for a brawl,thanks.

Realslimshady vs illmortal
tmrw
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by illmortal(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
Realslimshady:
tmrw
Ok
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
Cc darkenedrebel
Smh. I know you're the unyielding and uncompromising type. So, let's not stretch this argument past its elastic limit

This isn't truculence or obstinacy. This is me whooping your áss like Joe Jackson. Except, unlike Joe, I'm doing mine with logic and facts, not belts.

But, permit me to address just one 'post hoc' assertion I spotted in your post:
you said con played four/folks... Where did you hear or see that?

That would be the straw man fallacy, not post hoc. Know the difference.

" I'm the type to RAISE TWO BLACK FOURS to niggas like DIFFERENT STROKES."

[s]That was a swimming and gun pun worded to maximum effect with the endline similie[/s]

It had nothing to do with swimming. He was making a reference to a sitcom that used to air in the '80s.

He didn't utter 'four' itself as a homophone of 'folk'. Rather, four there was a homonym:
Four -- number
four -- Gun
[s]In swimming, number four is raised (I think to indicate the four strokes of swimming or whatever. I'm not swimming inclined, but I usually see them raise up 4's.)[/s]

As I said earlier he wasn't talking about swimming. He was referencing the 1985 American Sitcom titled 'Different Strokes'. The one that had Gary Coleman in it.

I told you con's bars in that round were more complex and better, but you don't want to succumb to the fact that I was correct, and you were wrong

How can you think something is better and more complex when you don't even understand the bars and are muddling up the references? Next you will say is that Con was referencing Jeffrey Dahmer killing 25 Caucasian virgins in the swimming pool. grin

The bars you posted were nice; I loved them. Regardless, con's were better (in that round).
Shalom...

Your opinion, not mine.

4 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Gladyys(f): 12:25am On Jul 12, 2016
Hmm,i guess i need an oxford dictionary to b here

(1) (2) (3) ... (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) ... (1118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.