Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,898 members, 7,956,390 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies (984 Views)

Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks / Importation Made Easier. Ask Questions Here / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2013
I am an experienced Marketing and Advertising Consultant with vast Knowledge in Public awareness Creation Services. There are many business owners who dont know that certain things need to be considered when distributing fliers or organizing a Public awareness creation for ones Business...feel free to ask any questions about your marketing Challenges...Regards V-Marketing
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by Godmother(f): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
This is a good thread n I'm definitely going to follow it. I started my biz last year in fashion designing n make-up n I'm havin some challenges on how to create awareness for my biz.

So what re d tins to be considered when distributing fliers?
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
Godmother: This is a good thread n I'm definitely going to follow it. I started my biz last year in fashion designing n make-up n I'm havin some challenges on how to create awareness for my biz.

The essence of marketing is to understand your customers' needs and develop a plan that surrounds those needs. Let's face it anyone that has a business has a desire to grow their business. The most effective way to grow and expand your business is by focusing on organic growth

You should consider developing a MARKETING PLAN and its very easy to develop, all you need is a Biro, a Paper, your thoughts and mind. These are some of the questions the marketing plan answers:

• What do we have to market?
• Why is it a good idea or product?
• What is the current market situation?
• Who will buy it or use it?
• Why will they buy or use it?
• How will they get it?
• How much will it cost?

Since you are into Fashion designing you should quickly do a run down of who your Target Customers are? Where they can be located and how to get accross to them. If you need to distribute fliers to them either by yourself or whether people doing it on your behalf you be able to do the following.........

1. Wear a Branded T-shirt that carries ur Organizations name

2. Smile while handing over your flier to any receiver and say THANK YOU whether the Person Collects it or not, your THANK YOU much be heard and with a smile.

3. Prepare your self for rejection and embarrassment and the moment you experience this from any potential receiver Just Say THANK YOU and GOD BLESS You to them while they walk away, some of them might be touched and walked back to collect your flier

4. You must have first hand Info. about the service or product you are marketing through the Flier, if you want to get some boys or girls to do it for you. You must train them on the BULLET POINTS to tell anybody who asked about what the content of the flier is all about.

5. You flier should be detailed enough and colorful and not with so many STORIES............... as people get bored and throw it away quickly.

6. Let your Fliers have Sharp and Clear Pictures of your Previous Jobs and Contact details. Please do add Dead Phone Numbers to your contact details or Phones that you dont Pick quickly whenever you have calls............. more watchout
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by modupsie(f): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
nice thread.
i want to start an online store very soon.
how do i make publicity online? and also 'offline'?
need to know other cheap ways of advertising apart from distributing fliers too.
tank you
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
modupsie: nice thread.
i want to start an online store very soon.
how do i make publicity online? and also 'offline'?
need to know other cheap ways of advertising apart from distributing fliers too.
tank you

One of the best way to promote an Online Store is to adopt effective strategies in both Categories i meant both ONLINE and OFFLINE. I will advise that you use Google adwords,Adsense, Facebook ads, NairaLand ads and some other website that enjoys high traffic daily. This great website is one of such website. I am talking about Nairaland.

You can also promote your online store through the following...

1.Bulk Sms.......It has to be targeted Sms to your target audience
2.Through Radio Jingles, News Paper( especially Sport Magazines)
3. Fliers...with captivating Information and Pictures. You have to target Highbrow areas and other areas you believe you can locate your target Customers( Because it will look rude if not stupid to market an online store to someone who is not Internet Inclined.)
4. You can also Promote your online through through B.R.T Branding or Advert.
5. You can also Promote it through event Organization that centers on giving a lot back to participants.
6. You can offer to speak at Tertiary Institution Special events that has Students as Participants......

We offer all of the above listed Services.......08051744119, vmarketing02@gmail.com. There are many ways to promote your online store effectively and dont forget that it has to be a Continuous thing. Regards.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Godmother: This is a good thread n I'm definitely going to follow it. I started my biz last year in fashion designing n make-up n I'm havin some challenges on how to create awareness for my biz.

In my first comment above i noticed an error" I meant to type this" DONT ADD DEAD GSM NUMBERS TO YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.......OR DONT USE PHONES THAT YOU HARDLY PICK WHENEVER YOU HAVE CALLS...........Thank You
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2013
You can always engage your idle sales boy or girl to always do at least 1 hour flier distribution every friday or a particular day of the week if you have enough fliers in your shop or office.

Don't drop too much of your fliers at eateries or public places as they end up in the dust-bin latter in the day. When i see bulky beautiful and well design fliers on tables of eateries or some public places it touches my heart as if money is been wasted with ease. I will advice that you take few quantities to places like this and try to do a one-on-one distribution with the remaining. It makes lots of sense when you handover your flier to people,whether they act on the Info. or not.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2013
are you a small scale business owner and you still find it difficult getting responsive customers and also you have a low budget to either market or advertise your business?...Then you can try the following steps they might work for you.

1. Create a list of at least 50 relatives, close associates or friends of yours that you know they know what you do as a business person, try to send text messages to them for a period of one month about the product you sell or the service you render at least twice in a week. You should also include in the message that they should help refer their close relatives, friends or tell people about your business if they really love you and want to see you succeed in business (you can as well send funny messages to them may be 4times in a month to serve as a reminder that you are still in business e.g..If u dont want my Landlord to push me out pls tell someone u know to patronize me now!!!!) then put your name and contact details.

2. You can also do the above via e-mail and watch what will happen to you.

3. I will also advise you to spend quality time talking about the business you do when you are in the midst of people that you know might be interested in your product or service the moment you see the opportunity to do so, instead of talking about NOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES and How much each English Premier League Football player earns in a week...

watch-out for more....on how A CLASSIFIED ADVERT I POSTED ON A FREE LISTING WEBSITE, 6MONTHS AND 1 YEAR AGO fetches me close to N200K simultaneously in two days. There is a way Internet adverts works (FREE ONES) and we need to know more about it. Regards.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by megawealth(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Am learning new things from these thread...
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2013
@ Megawealth thank You. Please fellow NLanders whatever business you might be doing be it small or Large Scale you must have the time or ability to develop a Marketing or Promotional Plan, because the more Customers you serve satisfactorily the more Profits you will make.

1. A marketing Plan goes a long way to open your eyes to strategic ways you can promote your business without spending so much money.

2. If you discover that as you distribute fliers and there are no customers coming around, then please switch to Sticker Printing and Pasting at Strategic Places. You can endeavor to let your stickers carry funny Pictures, brief and short contact details and you can also try to make it an A4 Size Sticker if you can afford it.

.................Places to look out for when PASTING STICKERS..................

Big Shopping Arcades Stair-Case rail and Walls
Church and Mosque Notice Boards
L.T Buses with about 18 Passengers( These are Buses with a Barricade behind the Driver, you can paste your stickers there for easy accessibility by 18 passengers. If your sticker remains there for 30days that simply means about 5700 different people have had access to your business Information.....watch out for more...Regards
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2013
some of our Jobs
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2013
I want to say avery BIG THANK YOU to those of you that have sent me Text messages asking for possible solutions to promote your business. I will advise that you send me a mail on vmarketing02@gmail.com It will be a lot easier to give detailed answers to ur questions or better still u can as them here and we can tackle them together. Thank You

Please dont look down on anybody in a commercial bus if you are distributing fliers and the tendency is there for any Bus Passenger to read or go through your fliers for like 10 or 15 minutes compared to someone walking who can easily drop your fliers in 5 seconds. Regards
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Do u know that u can partner with a business owner to print fliers together to save cost. You can as well distribute the fliers jointly.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by naijacutee(f): 6:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Very useful thread. Thanks for helping us understand the market better, not just churning out adverts for your services. These are the sort of threads that should be on top.

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by ticon4life(m): 9:23am On Jan 17, 2013
it is a good question
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by ticon4life(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2013
yes! likewise me.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by ticon4life(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
like wise me
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
naijacutee: Very useful thread. Thanks for helping us understand the market better, not just churning out adverts for your services. These are the sort of threads that should be on top.

Thank you so much. I also appreciate some of your thread on this website on business start-ups. Thank You.
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello wonderful people. I say a very Big Thank You to everybody that have viewed or commented on this thread. I will like to share with Business Owners who will always want Customers or People to say one or two things about their business at all time. There is a wonderful way you can manage your bulky fliers or if you are the type that like printing fliers in large quantities.

1. If you have such fliers in large quantity, e.g lets say 5000 copies of fliers. Its not a must that you distribute everything in a day and in one location. I use to advise people to spread their Flier distribution over a period of time as this will keep information about your business in the minds of receivers weekly, monthly of daily.

2. You can chose to distribute 400 copies of your fliers at every month end of weekly. This will serve as a continuous marketing.

3. You can also switch location or remain at the same location so that you can be known by passers by as the only person connecting them with Information about your business and also some might even see you as the only person offering that kind of product or service at that location.

4...Remember that you must force your self to carry a smiling face anytime you are distributing your fliers and ready to Thank every receiver and wish them well by saying something positive to them. Thank You
Re: Ask Questions About How To Distribute Ur Buisness Fliers& Publicity Strategies by benz33(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
Good day friends.I will like to say a very BIG THANK YOU to everyone that have read and viewed this thread and also to that have called me and sent me messages making inquiries. I want to digress a little bit as i share with you best ways to distribute your fliers effective i will also be sharing with you best ways to promote your business effectively without spending so much money but your time and energy. Thank You.

1. don't bad mouth or run down someones else product that is similar to yours in front of a customer all in the name of marketing your own product. If a Customer try to compare ur product with that of ur competitor by even mentioning ur competitors product, just let him/her see reason why urs is better by laying so much emphasis on ur own products benefits...

I have been to so many MLM Trainings and Marketing sessions and right in-front the listeners you will hear the speaker mention their competitors product name, bad mouth it, destroy the importance and even explain why people should not use it, but use their own product which to them they think is the best.This act is not good i will rather explain the benefits associated with my product and tell you that it can not be compared to others..2b continued...Thank you......V-MARKETING

(1) (Reply)

Consider Importation Of Used Mini Laptop? / Make At Least 200k Every Month U Must Read This / Free Ebook Download On How To Earn 10,000 Weekly On Aliexpress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.