Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. (1404 Views)

Biafra: How Much More Blood, Tears And Pain...?pix / Old Couple Who Lost Their Only Child To Boko Haram (photo) / Biafra: How Can Yoruba Help Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by NegroNtns(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
‘The government has long been aware of the terrible experiences of our people over the issue of currency. The present difficulties started when early last year [1968] Nigeria, on the advice of Whitehall, suddenly decided on its wicked and diabolical plan to dispossess our people of their wealth by means of the notorious currency switch.

We had to do something quickly to save the near-disastrous situation. New currency was introduced. With the short time at our disposal, we could only produce notes in denominations of £1 and 5/-; we could not produce coins. We had to arrange and conclude the exercise in a hurry. The production of our currency notes could not be of the highest quality.’ (Ojukwu, 1969)

http://www.pjsymes.com.au/articles/biafra.htm

* topic modified by Negro at 10:28
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Its good you are living up to your biafran obsession curse.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by NegroNtns(m): 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
It will do you good to read the entire article and be informed that your own Biafran leaders were responsible for your lost savings. Biafra and Ibos were penniless after war. Whatever you had saved up before had been coercely snatched from you by the likes of Achebe and deposited into their own foreign accounts and the blame shifted elsewhere to Awo and Gowon.

Awo and Gowon had nothing to do with Bank of Biafra. Where are all the reserves that belonged to the Bank? Where are all the savings voluntarily deposited by the people? Read and learn and begin to ask Achebe to cough up your money.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 11, 2013
@moderators
i hope d OP is already serving a life ban for starting a tribal e-war?
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2013
yanmiris have been crying since the war ended that their money was stolen. when asked to present their savings records so the money can be tracked through the banks and recovered, not a single one stepped forward with actionable record.

now we found where their savings went and who took it from them and i bring the news to you, you ought to be happy not bitter.

Bank of Biafra should be sued to recover ndigbos lost savings and personal posessions. This is a good day for all my igbo brothers and sisters who have been crying for recovery of their money. There is nothing tribal in my truth. Haters can go quench! grin

1 Like

Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2013
Good news for ndigbo..

BTW...let's see what ndigbo quota system moderator will comment on this thread.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Slizbeat(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2013
Negro_ntns, modify ur heading. It is "Igbos" not "Ibos".
BTW, Has any igbo man asked you for his/her lost money b4? Those that lost things are today making them up with hundreds of millions in their account and you are here complaining for them.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Redoil: 8:44am On Jan 11, 2013
Nonesens yoruba and Igbo people na only una dey this forum smelling and thief people. Make una park well jor
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 8:58am On Jan 11, 2013
ilugunboy: Good news for ndigbo..

BTW...let's see what ndigbo quota system moderator will comment on this thread.

he will likely ban me in response to pressure from other yanmiris who find this revelation too hard to swallow. grin
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2013
Slizbeat: Negro_ntns, modify ur heading. It is "Igbos" not "Ibos".
BTW, Has any igbo man asked you for his/her lost money b4? Those that lost things are today making them up with hundreds of millions in their account and you are here complaining for them.

...lmao! ibo is just fine!

when advocating truth you dont wait to be asked to speak up....you share what you know to help bring justice.

Bank of Biafra need to be probed. Biafrans have no legitimate case against FG or others that you plan on suing when it is clear here who has done you wrong.

Many people, perhaps, could have survived the food blockade if they had currency and money to purchase food to feed family. Biafran soldiers did not die of starvation. That means foodstocks were available. Civilians would have been able to buy food if their money and savings had not been taken to build a failed bank.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by nduchucks: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2013
hmmmm. Interesting. I've searched for reasons to discredit the author of the posted article and the International Bank Note Society (IBNS) founded in 1961, but I could not find any.

Most likely the facts as stated in the article are accurate.

@ _Negro, why do you keep switching from one ID to another
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: hmmmm. Interesting. I've searched for reasons to discredit the author of the posted article and the International Bank Note Society (IBNS) founded in 1961, but I could not find any.

_chucks,

Ive had this information since the Achebe controversy first erupted but I sat on it. I was interested in the specifics of a "seized bank savings". What are the legalities and statutory powers that will allow a government to confiscate money from citizens and was that done to the Biafrans? I focused on FG decrees and ignored that Ojukwu was also issuing decrees around that time. I did not find any FG issued decree si I searched on Biafra and voila! I sat on it this long because I was doing verifications and checks using igboforum and dawodu and as well omoigui's resources to validate what is reported here. There is no falsehood here.

....on using different names, I have not been banned in nl in over a year, not once was i banned in 2012. i have been banned three times since afam took over his job. lol. that says a lot about quota system and incompetence.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by T9ksy(m): 10:05am On Jan 12, 2013
ndu_chucks: hmmmm. Interesting. I've searched for reasons to discredit the author of the posted article and the International Bank Note Society (IBNS) founded in 1961, but I could not find any.

Of course, the facts as stated in the article are accurate as none of our ibo brothers and sisters have come forward yet with any form of rebuttal. In fact, they expediently ignored the article but i bet you my bottom dollar that they will soon be back again on this forum spewing their usual rubbish about Awo's 20pounds policy which was aimed primarily to improverish the ibos.How all the ibos in lagos were millionaires with buckets full of money in their bank account only to be given £20 when the war ended.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 12, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

he will likely ban me in response to pressure from other yanmiris who find this revelation too hard to swallow. grin

Dude has been hiding my comments all over Nairaland but hasn't summon enough courage to hit the ban button on me.. grin
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Dede1(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
@Negro_nuts

I never thought you were an irredeemable basement dunce until your latest foray into the land of the celebrated fools. Why are you and ilk afraid of Biafra and pending disintegration of Nigeria? Please educate me how Ndigbo lost their financial savings through the conjectural crap you posted. It is either you have acute comprehensible deficiency or outright ninny.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by nku5: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dede1: @Negro_nuts

I never thought you were an irredeemable basement dunce until your latest foray into the land of the celebrated fools. Why are you and ilk afraid of Biafra and pending disintegration of Nigeria? Please educate me how Ndigbo lost their financial savings through the conjectural crap you posted. It is either you have acute comprehensible deficiency or outright ninny.

The worthless copy and paste nonsense he farted was never meant to make sense. Just to satisfy the daily itch to rub shoulders with us
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Dede1(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
nku5:

The worthless copy and paste nonsense he farted was never meant to make sense. Just to satisfy the daily itch to rub shoulders with us

Even their masters (northern regional political and military elites) whom Yoruba peeps served during the Britain-Nigeria\Biafra civil war are less concerned about previous debacle and pending disintegration of Nigeria than these goofy lappers.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2013
Dede1: @Negro_nuts

duru/dede,

I have spoken many times on the need for healing. In Astrology there are four outer energies that have a lifelong transforming effect on humans and they are Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Each one of these is symbolically represented in the civil war drama. Life itself is a relativity, there is nothing real in it.....its all an illusion. The illusive energy is controlled by Neptune. In certain events and people it can have a malevolent fixation or it could have a softened effect resulting in a benevolent outcome....but it will always end in dissapointment and shattered dreams. People who we rest our hope and devotion and trust in who in the end turn out to bring us into a downfall and disgrace.

The sooner Biafrans realize that Ojukwu and his cohorts were mere mortals and frail men of imperfection the smoother your healing will be.

Repulsing what you must accept in order to transcend the hurt and pain of the Neptunian effect will lock you into a head-on stagnancy brought on by Pluto. Pluto is the deity popularized with the mantra "the old must die and lay buried in order for a new and fresh life to rise". The Phoenix that rises from the ashes of its own death!

Why am I telling you all this? Because your as*s is one of those few ndigbos who truly have the gift to lead a new brand of UMUIGBO....but you lock down like Ojukwu, manufacturing propaganda and counter-propaganda instead of probing and revealing the truths in aid of healing the people.

Have you ever seen the picture below.......and do you know what you are looking at?

2 Likes

Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 13, 2013
Negro..

Are those kids Biafran kids? Where are they been taken to?
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by DuduNegro: 10:32am On Jan 13, 2013
ilugun,

yes o, those are biafran kids. they were classified as "privileged refugees". children of looters of Bank of Biafra. in this case these kids were flown to switzerland. the same planes that smuggled tons of currencies to switzerland for safe keeping was also getting their children out of danger zone.......while the death of the ones below were blamed on awolowo.

ask achebe where his children were during the war? ojukwu and effiong took theirs to ivory coast. effiong children later ended up in ireland briefly with other privileged refugees.

biafrans must file petition in UN and ICJ on charges of crime against humanity and other atrocities commited by their leaders.

compare and contrast the pictures......

1 Like

Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2013
Sad ! Sad!! and really sad!!!....the Biafran angers obviously are directed primarily to the wrong persons.
The real culprits have so far been able to divert attention and anger of their people towards the atrocities they committed against the people they were supposedly fighting for.

I keep asking why was it only the common Biafrans that suffered starvation and bankruptcy after the war.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 13, 2013
......BTW negro, keep and guard jealousy your library, it looks quite rich and valuable.
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by T9ksy(m): 2:47am On Jan 14, 2013
ilugunboy: ......BTW negro, keep and guard jealousy your library, it looks quite rich and valuable.

GBABE!!! I second the above motion!

Oya "Prof" Dede, answer the question- what happened to Ojukwu's,achebe's, effiong's kids aka "privileged refugees"?

Abi that one too na "conjectural crap"?
Re: BANK OF BIAFRA........how Ibos lost their savings. by dayokanu(m): 3:41am On Jan 14, 2013
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Our Losses, Our Woes.........laments Ladipo Trader / Facts Emerge Jonathan Is Secretely Sponsoring Boko Haram / Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.