Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. (1402 Views)

I’m Concerned About Traffic Gridlock, Robberies –gov Ambode / Photos: Lagosians Resort To Trekking As Traffic Gridlock Persists / Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 26, 2013
Exactly last week wednesday 17th April, i reported an accident which occured along the ever busy Abuja-Lokoja highway in which a trailer carrying a 40foot container collided with two private vehicles and lots of lives were lost. And just a week later, by 1am on thursday 25th April, three trucks and a commercial bus belonging to the young transport company were involved in a ghastly accident at a narrow bridge which landed the commercial bus into a ditch about 40feet below the bridge.

The following pictures were snapped at the scene of the accident at about 1pm, ie. 12 hours later. At the time of this report, the wounded and deceased had already been evacuated. Casualty figures arent at hand. But the resulting gridlock caused many vehicles plying the road to spend up to 10hrs on one spot before navigating the scene of the accident.

Calling on the FG to hasten the dualization of this road.

Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 26, 2013
May God protect his people. Actually, the YSG commercial bus was below in a ditch and it was a no stop area. More...

Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by sportfeva(m): 2:01am On Apr 26, 2013
Lot of lives has been lost on this road. Hope the FG would see to our plea rather scout for irrelevant information.
Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by aluta2: 3:54am On Apr 26, 2013
Pass through the road also, I just arrrive @ my destination
Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by CyberG: 4:14am On Apr 26, 2013
And where is rossike and bullionaire to tell us how safe Nigeria is with accidents like these claiming hundreds of lives and the accidented vehicles are still there? Pathetic loonies!
Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 26, 2013
What a very dirty dusty country
Re: Pictures From Abuja-lokoja Traffic Gridlock And Accident Scene. by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 26, 2013
aluta2: Pass through the road also, I just arrrive @ my destination

Thank God for you, i had never had such a delaying experience. Arrived 12midnight.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Light Rail To Be Ready In June - Where Is It? / Obi Commences N400m Maternity Projects Across The State / Adamawa Speaker, Umaru Fintiri, Sworn In As Acting Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.