Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,201 members, 7,845,964 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam (32004 Views)

Why I Am Now A Muslim – Imo Traditional Ruler / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
rushda29:

I think he was talking about Adam when he said forefathers.

we are descended from apelike ancestors. adam and eve dont exist. they exist...................only in your imagination.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by ojinku(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
Hope his Palace will not used as a zonal branch office for Boko Haram Conglomerate PLC.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by DMainMan: 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
@maple. Nyc one. @all. Dis is very gud news for us to reflect. During my NYSC at Delta State, I found out dere ar many Delta indigenes dat ar muslims, so dis news is a bit no surprise.

May ALLAH (SWT) continue to strengthen our faith. May HE make us die as muslims. Paradise must be won. In sha ALLAH. Amin

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
ojinku: Hope his Palace will not used as a zonal branch office for Boko Haram Conglomerate PLC.

Which palace? Who dash him? He's a chief and not an Eze, so therefore he has no place for congregation. If fact, the council should strip him of his titles, including his red cap, beads everything that entitles him to that position.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mmmustapha(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
May almighty Allah grant him mercy

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
manny4life:

Which palace? Who dash him? He's a chief and not an Eze, so therefore he has no place for congregation. If fact, the council should strip him of his titles, including his red cap, beads everything that entitles him to that position.

the same should be done to all christian rulers.

anyone who accepts foreign religions should be stripped nak.ed down to the very skin and bone.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by mmmustapha(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
ignis: This is not news. Do you know how many people in the
North who convert to Christianity everyday? Do you
know how many Muslims and Christians who convert to
Hindu in Europe everyday? A lot of people convert to
whatever they like everyday. We encourage it. It would
have been news if the Igbos kill him or attack him
because he converted to Islam. In fact we should give
the Igbos credit for tolarance. If a Muslim Chief convert
to Christianity in Hausa/Fulani land, just imagine what
will happen?
bloody liar

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by nagoma(m): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
mimifonwon: .. "this man is confused, second his attributing ALLAh as AlA maybe a deity his ancestors worshiped. And yes islam was in africa before christianity came, but this man is wrong by calling it the religion of his ancestors, - islam and christianity are both borrowed religions, not any of our traditional religions, btw, did you know Allah is a hedonistic diety that mohammed stole from a tribe he conquered, Allah is not the same as the Christian or jewish God, we christian just think so for sake of peace..-you know sometimes old age can be sickness "- by my mom- it cracked me up, but is not wrong to practice another religion just dont use the excuse that it was the religion of your ancestors. I have heard judaic practicing igbos claim they are jewish, now this guy wants to claim his ancestors are muslim, there is nothing i will never hear from my igbo people. I still love yall..muah!!

He means that Islam is the only true religion since the beginning of time.

But do you also know that a Blackman was involved right from the beginning of islam and played a very very important role in the first set of muhammad's companions and preachers and propagators of Islam? Read about Bilal Ibn Rabah al-Habashi today!
Black people blindly join other religions founded and practiced by other races, but Blacks were fully involved and participants in laying the foundation of Islam, the only religion in which the Blackman is a stakeholder.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by manny4life(m): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

the same should be done to all christian rulers.

anyone who accepts foreign religions should be stripped nak.ed down to the very skin and bone.

Well unfortunately, that cannot happen because even your paganism is foreign as well.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Naijacitizen(m): 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
Pace$etter:

No on left path...so dumb
stop talking from your anus.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by IYANGBALI: 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
uplawal: Whoever Allah guides no one can misguide,truth stands is clear,remaining my father to revert insha Allah my father will not die a keferi amen.
who are the keferis?

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
manny4life:

Well unfortunately, that cannot happen because even your paganism is foreign as well.

please explain. how so?

you mean it is from outer space?
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by indianin9ja(m): 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

we are descended from apelike ancestors. adam and eve dont exist. they exist...................only in your imagination.

[size=16pt]Do not demean our people! We are human beings, not monkeys![/size]
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by manny4life(m): 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

please explain. how so?

you mean it is from outer space?

Well, the onus is on you to tell us how Christianity and Islam are foreign religion, then I'll tell you how and why it's foreign.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Arysexy(m): 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Maple: Translation of Suratul Maryam (Chapter of Mary) from the Holy Quran

In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

1. Kaf- Ha-Ya-'Ain-Sad.

2. This is an account of the mercy of your Lord to His servant Zakariya (Zachariah).

3. When he called out his Lord (Allah) a call in secret,

4. Saying: "My Lord! Indeed my bones have grown feeble, and grey hair has spread on my head, And I have never been unblest in my invocation to You, O my Lord!

5. "And Verily! I fear my relatives after me, since my wife is barren. So give me from Yourself an heir,

6. "Who shall inherit me, and inherit (also) the posterity of Ya'qub (Jacob) (inheritance of the religious knowledge and Prophethood, not the wealth, etc.). And make him, my Lord, one with whom You are Well-pleased!".

7. (Allah said) "O Zakariya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, His name will be Yahya (John The Baptist). We have given that name to none before (him)."

8. He said: "My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age."

9. He said: "So (it will be). Your Lord says; It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!"

10. [Zakariya (Zachariah)] said: "My Lord! Appoint for me a sign." He said: "Your sign is that you shall not speak unto mankind for three nights, though having no bodily defect."

11. Then he came out to his people from Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room, etc.), he told them by signs to glorify Allah's Praises in the morning and in the afternoon.

12. (It was said to his son): "O Yahya (John The Baptist)! Hold fast the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)]." And We gave him wisdom while yet a child.

13. And (made him) sympathetic to men as a mercy (or a grant) from Us, and pure from sins [i.e. Yahya (John)] and he was righteous,

14. And dutiful towards his parents, and he was neither an arrogant nor disobedient (to Allah or to his parents).

15. And Salamun (peace) be on him the day he was born, the day he dies, and the day he will be raised up to life (again)!

16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'an, O Muhammad , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allah) from you, if you do fear Allah."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son.
"

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allah): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allah), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allah).' "

22. So she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the baby 'Iesa (Jesus)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allah) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Harun (Aaron) [not the brother of Musa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is.

36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)."

37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus)], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allah] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire).

...Read the Holy Quran translation for the continuation of this chapter.

You wanna know what the Holy Quran says about the prophets in the bible, about compulsion in religion, the creation of the Universe, Creation of Man, day of resurrection, about Women (btw, their's a chapter dedicated to Women in the Quran, its called Suratul Nisa), marriage and divorce,about Christains, Jews, and other religions?

There's no better weapon for Christains to have to "fight " the Muslims, than understanding what their holy book (Quran) says. How else can you even defeat your "enemy", if you choose not to understand what his/her holy book says?

Please, pick up an English Quran and at the back there's a comprehensive index on almost any topic that may boggle your mind.

When i read in wwww.alisina.org that muhamad copied bible, i doubted but now i believe. According to ali sina, a former muslim convert. Muhamad during his time use to hear xtians preach around ie evangelism. and muhamed being an illiterate that could not read nor write was storing d early xtians teaching in his brain. Now when u read some of muhamd's so called surah u will understand how he muddled things up. Muhamad claimed it was not possible for allah to beget a son, how come the story about mary's conception is not well explained in this so called surah? wia did isah meet muhamad to tell him who and who will enter blazing fire?

The truth is dat muhamad did not get any revealation, he downloaded the preaching d early xtians of his time passed accross and sieved wot sounded impossible to him just like the jews never believed Jesus is d son of God, so muhamad believed. Please can somebody tell me y muhamed did nt follow the jewish religion? can xtians go astray, jews go astray and muslims dat copied both religion be true path? Rubbish!

The so called chief (not king or eze or traditional ruler) that turned muslim, i wish him goodluck, thankGod his family didnt join him, when he eventually gets d fund from emir of sokoto to build mosque in imo as they do to entice some greedy igbos who eventually dissapear with their money. Ask about chief abdulazeez ude's family after the 419 died they all reverted back to christianity, all the money pumped to their father were enjoyed by them.

We reject islam incussion into igboland! QED!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brentkruge: 11:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
Is conversion to Islam sooooo few and far in between that a convert is reported in THE NATIONAL dailies? Hmmmmmm. undecided

I hope that whenever Chief Sylvester chooses to convert to Hinduism from Islam, some folks will not want to separate his head from his body.

And, fortunately, he wouldnt face jail time as converts from Islam do in places like Malaysia, Iran, Saudi, Pakistan etc
grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by FXKing2012(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
yet another lost soul

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
indianin9ja:

[size=16pt]Do not demean our people! We are human beings, not monkeys![/size]

[size=16pt]DID I SAY YOU ARE A MONKEY?! GO RESEARCH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APE-LIKE AND MONKEY! WE SHARE COMMON ROOTS! [/size] angry angry angry angry
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Walexz02(m): 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes i agree. all it talks about is killing us Pagans.
U just keep saying Quran preaches killing, why please? I knew u must have the Quran and u knew what it preaches. And let me explaing to you something which it seems u dont underrtand about the Quran, each verse in the Quran has it specific purpose of coming down, the particular verse that says the prophet(pbh) should attack the pagans was meant particularly for the arab pagans who chase the prophete(pbh) out of mekka( his fathers land), and upon that the prophete (pbh) did not kill any of them, because again, the Quran says: if he(the prophete (pbh)) can forgive them, then it is better...
So, please judge Islam by the Quran and not other way round.

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Walexz02(m): 11:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes i agree. all it talks about is killing us Pagans.
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
manny4life:

Well, the onus is on you to tell us how Christianity and Islam are foreign religion, then I'll tell you how and why it's foreign.

christianity and islam are not the indigenous religion of our tribes. both are middle-eastern religions.

The religion of Igbos is Odinani, the Religion of Hausa is Maguzawa/Boori, the religion of Yorubas is Ifa-Orisha, etc. .
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Positiveminds(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
]There should be freedom of worship. Unfortunately backwardness in some regions of the country does not allow some people to see it that way[i][/i]
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by manny4life(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

christianity and islam are not the indigenous religion of our tribes. both are middle-eastern religions.

The religion of Igbos is Odinani, the Religion of Hausa is Maguzawa/Boori, the religion of Yorubas is Ifa-Orisha, etc. .

I cannot speak of Islam because I don't really care about a religion of pieces, but you said Christainity was a religion of the Middle-East?

Nwanna, gwa mu okwu.. Hmm, all my Christian life, I have never heard of this... Nna bros, kowashiate
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Chamber10(m): 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
The man should test his acceptance to Islam by going to Maidugiri or Yobe to stay and worship with other muslim folks for just one week let's see if he will come back alive, Mtsheeew

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by brentkruge: 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
Walexz02:
U just keep saying Quran preaches killing, why please? I knew u must have the Quran and u knew what it preaches. And let me explaing to you something which it seems u dont underrtand about the Quran, each verse in the Quran has it specific purpose of coming down, the particular verse that says the prophet(pbh) should attack the pagans was meant particularly for the arab pagans who chase the prophete(pbh) out of mekka( his fathers land), and upon that the prophete (pbh) did not kill any of them, because again, the Quran says: if he(the prophete (pbh)) can forgive them, then it is better...

The same Quran that says that apostates should be killed? And conversion is illegal and purnishable by prison terms in Malaysia, Pakistan etc and death in Iran, saudi etc. where did the Mullahs get their ruling from?

1 Like

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Geewan(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
When Allah's succour and the triumph cometh. And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops. Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

Qur'an 110: 1-3 (Complete).

5 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Chiemekaorizu(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
Mtcheeeeew.....this kind of thing can only happen in some places in igboland such as in imo&ebonyi..no b ur fault mr musa.this kind of thing pisses me off big time..
Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
Walexz02:
the particular verse that says the prophet(pbh) should attack the pagans was meant particularly for the arab pagans who chase the prophete(pbh) out of mekka( his fathers land), and upon that the prophete (pbh) did not kill any of them, because again, the Quran says: if he(the prophete (pbh)) can forgive them, then it is better...

please go home and read the quraan yourself. ive read enough and ive seen enough.

The myth that warfare is only justified in Islam under the condition of self-defense is disproved by the account of the Battle of Badr, in which Muhammad sent his men out to raid caravans, then deliberately provoked a battle with the Meccan army sent out to defend them. The case for aggressive warfare is also supported by the fate of the three Jewish tribes of Medina, who were cleansed because they had rejected Muhammad’s claims of prophethood (and because the Muslims wanted their possessions).

Consider the fate of the Banu Mustaliq, an Arab tribe:

"The Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives" (Bukhari 46:717)
Although there are many reliable accounts from the Hadith and Sira that mention the Mustaliq grazing cattle, not one mentions Muhammad making any effort at peacemaking. In this case, Muhammad's men rap.ed the women (with his approval) after slaughtering the men (Sahih Muslim 3371). What does rapi.ng a female captive have to do with self-defense?

In many situations, Muhammad waged war for the purpose of revenge, such as the attack on the Lihyan, in which the people were clearly not prepared for war and saved themselves only by fleeing into the hills (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 718). Muhammad also attacked the people of Taif as soon as he had the opportunity to avenge their rejection of him (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 280 & 872).

Also disproving the myth that Muhammad only fought in self-defense is the account of his first attack on the Christians. There was no compelling reason for him to send an army to Muta (in Syria, where they met with disaster at the hands of the Byzantines). Had this been a matter of self-defense, then the enemy would surely have followed the routed army back to Arabia, but this was not the case (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 791).

Near the end of his life, the prophet of Islam directed military campaigns for the mere purpose of spreading Islamic rule. He knew that some cities would resist and others would not. He left instructions to his people for dealing with each case:

The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: If you come to a township (which has surrendered without a formal war) and stay therein, you have a share (that will be in the form of an award) in (the properties obtained from) it. If a township disobeys Allah and His Messenger (and actually fights against the Muslims) one-fifth of the booty seized therefrom is for Allah and His Apostle and the rest is for you. (Sahih Muslim 4346)
As can be seen, those who were not at war with the Muslims are to be subjugated anyway, and their property seized. The only distinguishing factor is the extent of Muslim entitlement following the victory.

Military campaigns to extend Islamic domination include the raid on Tabuk, which was a second incursion into the Christian territory of Syria, in which Muhammad forced the local populace to pay him tribute after ambushing and killing local civilians to assert his authority (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 903). Another example would be the “convert or die” mandate given to an Arab tribe, the Banu al-Harith:

Then the apostle sent Khalid bin Walid… to the Banu al-Harith and ordered him to invite them to Islam three days before he attacked them. If they accepted then he was to accept it from them, and if they declined he was to fight them. So Khalid set out and came to them, and sent out riders in all directions inviting the people to Islam, saying, “If you accept Islam you will be safe.” So the men accepted Islam as they were invited. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 959)
Obviously self-defense was not a factor in any of these cases (even though some Muslims are prone to embellish the record with imaginary details not found therein). As with the capture of Mecca in 630, these early Muslims had clear military superiority and the target of their aggression was in no position to defend itself.

In fact, the first part of the 9th Sura, the most bellicose chapter of the Qur’an, was revealed shortly after the Muslims had established military dominance in Mecca. Consider one of the more violent verses:

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them (9:5)
The words, “when the forbidden months are past,” precludes the possibility that this was a matter of self-defense. The Muslims had already been given the divine right to fight during the sacred months, and it is simply implausible that they would have suffered attacks over a four month period without defending themselves. That they were not under attack is consistent with the historical context, in which the Haj period was a traditional time of peace and tolerance throughout Arabia.
Although not under attack from the pagans, Muhammad ordered his men to chase and kill the unbelievers following the Haj. The pagans who agreed to become Muslim (ie. practice the pillars of Islam, zakat and salat) would be allowed to live following their conversion. Verse 9:29 offers a separate rule for Jews and Christians, allowing them to keep their religion as long as they pay protection money to Muslims and acknowledge the inferiority of their faith. Should they resist, then they should be killed.

One of the best documented examples of Muslim aggression during the lifetime of Muhammad is the attack on the peaceful community of Khaybar. This followed the treaty of Hudaibiya between the Muslims and Meccans, which called for a period of peace between the two groups. The treaty was controversial with Muslims, not only because it contradicted Allah’s prior mandate to “drive out” the Meccans with violent force (2:191), but also because Muhammad agreed not to be recognized as a prophet in the document (Muslim 4401).

Muhammad decided that it was prudent to attack the Jews at Khaybar in order to regain the trust of his people and placate their grumbling with military victory and (especially) the stolen wealth that followed. This is embarrassing to modern-day Muslim apologists, who try to justify the siege by imagining that the sleepy farming community, located about 100 miles outside of Medina, posed some sort of necessary threat.

Unfortunately for contemporary apologists, not only is there no supporting evidence that the Muslims were under attack by the Khaybar, there are at least three historical references that flatly contradict any notion of self-defense on the part of Muhammad. The first is a description of the initial attack by Ibn Ishaq/Hisham:

We met the workers of Khaybar coming out in the morning with their spades and baskets. When they saw the apostle and the army they cried, “Muhammad with his force,” and turned tail and fled… The apostle seized the property piece by piece… (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 757)
The people of Khaybar were not attacking Muhammad. They were farming their land with shovels and buckets, not even knowing that they were supposed to be at war. This is further confirmed in the same text:

When the apostle raided a people he waited until the morning. If he heard a call to prayer he held back; if he did not hear it he attacked. We came to Khaybar by night, and the apostle passed the night there; and when morning came he did not hear the call to prayer, so he rode and we rode with him. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 757)
Muhammad attacked only after waiting to see if the people of Khaybar issued a morning call to prayer. This would have no possible relevance had they already been at war with him.

Perhaps the best proof that Muhammad was not acting in self-defense is the fact that his own people did not understand why they were marching to war. His son-in-law, who was in charge of the military expedition, had to ask for justification:

Allah's Messenger called Ali [and said]: “Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory,” and Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: “Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people?” Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: ”Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger…” (Sahih Muslim 5917)
The question Ali posed would have been unnecessary had the Muslims been under attack by the Khaybar or if the answer to the question were obvious. As it is, Muhammad’s reply underscores the ostensible purpose of the campaign, which was to force the Jews into acknowledging the superiority of Islam.

Muhammad’s men easily captured Khaybar and divided up the loot. The prophet of Islam tortured the community’s treasurer to extract information, then had him killed (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 764). Muhammad then took the man’s widow, Saffiya, as his wife after trading two other captured women to one of his lieutenants (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 758). The surviving Jews were allowed to stay on their land provided that they gave their Muslim masters an ample share of their crops.

Therefore, the rule of aggression in Islam, from the example set by Muhammad, is that it is proportional to the power held by Muslims, and not the persecution that they are under. The rare verses of peace in the Qur'an were "revealed" in Mecca, when true oppression existed (in some cases). The verses of violence that are revealed later correspond to Muslim military might even as any persecution of Muslims had largely dried up.

[size=16pt]I HAVE FRIENDS FROM MANY OF THE ABOVE ARAB TRIBES, AND THE POOR FELLOWS DONT KNOW THE TRUE HISTORY OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR ANCESTORS! BLINDLY READING THIS EVIL BOOK![/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by Arysexy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
brentkruge: Is conversion to Islam sooooo few and far in between that a convert is reported in THE NATIONAL dailies? Hmmmmmm. undecided

I hope that whenever Chief Sylvester chooses to convert to Hinduism from Islam, some folks will not want to separate his head from his body.

And, fortunately, he wouldnt face jail time as converts from Islam do in places like Malaysia, Iran, Saudi, Pakistan etc
grin

my brother, islam grow by propaganda and jihad! when a nobody converts to islam, it becomes news and their imam use it to brainwash them that islam is d fastest growing religion in the world. well it may interest them to know dat there are many eckankar igbos, jewish sabbath igbos, Grail message igbos etc dan muslim igbo if they exist atall. infact no muslim igbo practices that thing in igbo land cos u will be considered mad!

Catholic church alone has a population more than muslims worldwide not to talk of other xtian denominations, so i wonder why they are fantasizing about 1 local champion that decide to make money by publicising his so called joining of islam when thousands are joining eckankar without any igbo giving a hoot. its a free world, we welcome any religion that does not suport terosism but islam? Mbanu!

3 Likes

Re: Imo Traditional Ruler Converts To Islam by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2013
manny4life:

I cannot speak of Islam because I don't really care about a religion of pieces, but you said Christainity was a religion of the Middle-East?

Nwanna, gwa mu okwu.. Hmm, all my Christian life, I have never heard of this... Nna bros, kowashiate

OK NOW YOU HEARD IT! NOW MAKE AMMENDS! EXCEPT THE TRUE FAITH! LET US BRING BACK THE GODS OF THE LAND! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Importance of Ayatul Kursi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.