Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Child Abuse! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Abuse! (576 Views)

(Pic) Mother And Son Bathing Together; Motherly Love Or Child Abuse? / Picture Of Young Children Hawking Moin-Moin: Child Abuse? / Child Abuse And Street Hawking In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Abuse! by BabaAlabi: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2013
People say that time heals all wounds but some wounds don't heal at all, we only get used to the pain. Some of us have been abused as children either by the house help or a trusted relative. It is an experience that scars a person forever because many paedophiles have reluctantly reported that they were abused when they were little hence the continuous circle of abuse. It is a secret many don't want to share but it feels good to talk about it. How can we prevent such evil act from occurring? What advice will you give to someone that has been abused?
Re: Child Abuse! by Odunnu: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
I was in a meeting sometime last year and this speaker Praise Fowowe asked everybody who had been abused to raise their hands, i felt like i was the only one who wasnt. You dont have to keep it to yourself my dear, meet a councellor if you still get depressed and they should help you get back a whole life.
Re: Child Abuse! by BabaAlabi: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Odunnu: I was in a meeting sometime last year and this speaker Praise Fowowe asked everybody who had been abused to raise their hands, i felt like i was the only one who wasnt. You dont have to keep it to yourself my dear, meet a councellor if you still get depressed and they should help you get back a whole life.
I was not abused but I can imagine how it feels for them. It is a painful experience and some would never say it out. It was this audio clip that made me understand a little as to how they feel. Some even blame themselves for the act.
audioboo.fm/boos/1150952-the-only-explanation-you-ll-need-of-how-child-abuse-can-go-unreported.mp3
Re: Child Abuse! by BabaAlabi: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
audioboo.fm/boos/1150952-the-only-explanation-you-ll-need-of-how-child-abuse-can-go-unreported.mp3

(1) (Reply)

Lets Us Start Praying For Nigerian Marriages / Leaving 3 Bulbs Off For 12 Hours A Day Saves You Enough For Your Monthly BIS / Trust Is A Two Way Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.