Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,127 members, 7,953,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:13 PM

2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? (1776 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / The Third Mainland Bridge Has Been Blocked By Protesting Students Of UNILAG / The Third Mainland Bridge Has Been Blocked By Protesting Students Of UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by patostation(m): 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Any time I cross the River Niger Bridge at Asaba/Onitsha, I often wonder what will happen when and if the bridge collapses due to age or due to some natural disaster. When I think this possibility through in the light of traffic situation at that bridge on a daily basis, I kind of get horrified. I am also aware that some federal officials have been making periodic statements and budgets regarding the construction of a second bridge that will relieve this bridge and reduce the traffic logjam there. I recall vividly that former President Olusegun Obasanjo even "commissioned" the kick off of construction work on the second bridge but up till now, nothing has happened. My question is, has this all important bridges' construction become a political issue? Are we to wait until the old and decaying bridge collapses before construction work can start on a new one? Are we to wait until Nigerians die before we do something? Should we always be playing politics with important projects in Nigeria.

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
When Igbos talk of being treated unfairly in this country, some will say we are lying.

This bridge was commisioned in 1965, and since then no other one has been constructed for such a busy crossing; whereas over in Lagos many more bridges have been added since the first one (the Carter bridge i think undecided) was built.

I was watching the news the other day, and saw a report on a spanking new railway line being built between Kaduna and Abuja (don't know if it's high-speed though); a high quality, top-of-the-line construction with solid pillars and other stuff. This contract would obviously cost billions of naira, and my point is that you didn't notice any dilly-dallying and faffing about before the project was designed, funded and awarded to a reputable contracting firm. I just watched this report and shook my head. Upon all GEJ is doing for them, yet they are not happy and say they are being sidelined and want the presidency back!?.....what then would they say of the poor Igbos/south east that have absolutely NOTHING world-clas and substantial to show for being part of this country since the late 60's.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i reckon the last major Nigerian contract/job in the south east, was this Niger Bridge.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
When Igbos talk of being treated unfairly in this country, some will say we are lying.

This bridge was commisioned in 1965, and since then no other one has been constructed for such a busy crossing; whereas over in Lagos many more bridges have been added since the first one (the Carter bridge i think undecided) was built.

I was watching the news the other day, and saw a report on a spanking new railway line being built between Kaduna and Abuja (don't know if it's high-speed though); a high quality, top-of-the-line construction with solid pillars and other stuff. This contract would obviously cost billions of naira, and my point is that you didn't notice any dilly-dallying and faffing about before the project was designed, funded and awarded to a reputable contracting firm. I just watched this report and shook my head. Upon all GEJ is doing for them, yet they are not happy and say they are being sidelined and want the presidency back!?.....what then would they say of the poor Igbos/south east that have absolutely NOTHING world-clas and substantial to show for being part of this country since the late 60's.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i reckon the last major Nigerian contract/job in the south east, was this Niger Bridge.

When Yorubas and Hausas were protesting against their leaders, where were Ndigbos last year january ? What did you call those yorubas that have decided to make those leading over them ? Tribalist.

It is better the OP and You SHUT UP ( no insult my brothers) and enjoy the reward of democracy without accountability from your leaders.

I was asking why you all were not protesting, you all shouted the Yorubas and Huasas wanted GEJ out. If that was the case, why did they attact IBB, OBJ, TINUBU and co's property ? Una think say una smart by not protesting. I pleaded for SE to protest about Igbo killing, Niger-bribge and co. You all decided to keep shut, according to some of you, you are playing the Nigeria games.

PLAYING GAMES WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURES. I CAN'T IMAGINE

Already the question of Igbo presidency should end with Soludo recent scandal.

It is not a curse but Trust me, The CORE-NORTH and SOUTH-WEST including western delta Kwara and Kogi would keep getting the best from any administration so long as they make their leaders accountable for their actions.

Already I hope these stu.pid South-west aka Yoruba people don't fall for the same silly games by electing ACN in Lagos 2015. Already their stu.pidity of not asking where Tinubu is getting in millions of pounds is making SW look very poor in terms of the money they are getting anf the money they are actually spending on their citizens.

If una like 2015 don't vote PDP out of the Federal position

If una like don't vote ACN out of Lagos

You all would have yourselves to blame. Play on your government and stop letting your government play on you all like goats

I just pray that Niger-bridge does not collapse because it would be a natural disaster for us. angry

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by edogirl2: 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
Though I expect you to deny it, you are on record in many of your previous posts as a great lover of PDP. As usual, you will try to deceive those new to nairaland that you are neutral, by pretending that Labour party/Accord party etc are also better propositions for Lagos. But we know the truth - you want PDP in power in Lagos. The same PDP that only last week selected Bode George (of the dubious fame)into the 16 or 17 man panel on electing the party's new BOT Chairman.

Your constant yapping about Tinubu and ACN in Lagos is amusing. You guys have tried this since 1999, and your efforts have come to nothing to date, and I suspect same will happen in 2015.

Putting Lagos in the hands of your party (PDP)will be a grave mistake, and I know Lagos voters are not stupid to make that mistake.

The people can vote ACN out if they wish (though I doubt they will in 2015), but the beneficiary will not be PDP.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
edo.girl:
Though I expect you to deny it, you are on record in many of your previous posts as a great lover of PDP. As usual, you will try to deceive those new to nairaland that you are neutral, by pretending that Labour party/Accord party etc are also better propositions for Lagos. But we know the truth - you want PDP in power in Lagos. The same PDP that only last week selected Bode George (of the dubious fame)into the 16 or 17 man panel on electing the party's new BOT Chairman.

Your constant yapping about Tinubu and ACN in Lagos is amusing. You guys have tried this since 1999, and your efforts have come to nothing to date, and I suspect same will happen in 2015.

Putting Lagos in the hands of your party (PDP)will be a grave mistake, and I know Lagos voters are not stupid to make that mistake.

The people can vote ACN out if they wish (though I doubt they will in 2015), but the beneficiary will not be PDP.
Sorry madam, but i think the thread is about the second Niger bridge and not about PDP or ACN.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Akanbiedu(m): 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
edo.girl:

Lagosians will vote ACN again.

This is exactly what they were saying when Oshodi was cleared few years back. By the time Lagos government completes programs lined up in 2014, Lagosians whould have no choice than to vote for good governance.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Dede1(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
alj harem:

When Yorubas and Hausas were protesting against their leaders, where were Ndigbos last year january ? What did you call those yorubas that have decided to make those leading over them ? Tribalist.

It is better the OP and You SHUT UP ( no insult my brothers) and enjoy the reward of democracy without accountability from your leaders.

I was asking why you all were not protesting, you all shouted the Yorubas and Huasas wanted GEJ out. If that was the case, why did they attact IBB, OBJ, TINUBU and co's property ? Una think say una smart by not protesting. I pleaded for SE to protest about Igbo killing, Niger-bribge and co. You all decided to keep shut, according to some of you, you are playing the Nigeria games.

PLAYING GAMES WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURES. I CAN'T IMAGINE

Already the question of Igbo presidency should end with Soludo recent scandal.

It is not a curse but Trust me, The CORE-NORTH and SOUTH-WEST including western delta Kwara and Kogi would keep getting the best from any administration so long as they make their leaders accountable for their actions.

Already I hope these stu.pid South-west aka Yoruba people don't fall for the same silly games by electing ACN in Lagos 2015. Already their stu.pidity of not asking where Tinubu is getting in millions of pounds is making SW look very poor in terms of the money they are getting anf the money they are actually spending on their citizens.

If una like 2015 don't vote PDP out of the Federal position

If una like don't vote ACN out of Lagos

You all would have yourselves to blame. Play on your government and stop letting your government play on you all like goats

I just pray that Niger-bridge does not collapse because it would be a natural disaster for us. angry

I wonder why this dude has not been drafted into Nigerian armed forces or police so he could delete himself from the earth through self-inflicted accidental discharge of ammunition.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by nduchucks: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dede1:

I wonder why this dude has not been drafted into Nigerian armed forces or police so he could delete himself from the earth through self-inflicted accidental discharge of ammunition.

Haba Mallam

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2013
edo.girl:

I am a neutral and would always be a neutral interms of Nigerian politics and you know that. There is no point trying to justify myself on this. Read my previous post and campaign for ACN. I have ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST PDP both for Lagos and federal.

Now the truth of the matter is ACN is a very corrupt party whether you and I like it or not.

It is funny how you all have demonize PDP but ALWAYS FAIL TO SEE THE CORRUPTION GOING ON IN ACN. LP. ACCORD ETC are all the same.

What is the difference if I contest and cannot win in PDP, I would simply go to ACN and they would accept me. So stop this nonsense of disparism here on Nairaland.

Now many times have Tinubu literally told you all that he stole and you all would still praise him.

Bode George and co are PDP member and it is the same PDP intitutions that arrested them. That is democracy not the one ACN is doing.

I have said it before, without Fashola and Oshomoile ACN would be long dead.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dede1:

LOOOOOOL. Nwannem, how bodi ? smiley
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by nduchucks: 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
If this bridge were that important to real men, those men would have imposed a 'self-inflicted wound' to the bridge. I know of at least 5 spots on that bridge where an ordinary N5,000 grenade or rock blasting dynamite would be most effective.

That wound should get you the needed result. Sunnews can report it as an age related collapse lipsrsealed
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Rhino5dm: 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
What nonsense are you writing? I think I go with what Dede1 wrote up there.

You are just one hell of a chameleon. smh

alj harem:

I am a neutral and would always be a neutral interms of Nigerian politics and you know that. There is no point trying to justify myself on this. Read my previous post and campaign for ACN. I have ALWAYS BEEN AGAINST PDP both for Lagos and federal.

Now the truth of the matter is ACN is a very corrupt party whether you and I like it or not.

It is funny how you all have demonize PDP but ALWAYS FAIL TO SEE THE CORRUPTION GOING ON IN ACN. LP. ACCORD ETC are all the same.

What is the difference if I contest and cannot win in PDP, I would simply go to ACN and they would accept me. So stop this nonsense of disparism here on Nairaland.

Now many times have Tinubu literally told you all that he stole and you all would still praise him.

Bode George and co are PDP member and it is the same PDP intitutions that arrested them. That is democracy not the one ACN is doing.

I have said it before, without Fashola and Oshomoile ACN would be long dead.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Dede1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Haba Mallam

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

Mazi, what else do you want me to say?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Akanbiedu(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
What nonsense are you writing? I think I go with what Dede1 wrote up there.

You are just one hell of a chameleon. smh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Between alj and suks,I no know which one chameleon pass.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
Look you all, I have nothing to gain from any party in Nigeria other than good governance. I was the one that said GEJ winning the presidenial election would spell disaster. Yes I was right

I was the one that championed ACN FASHOLA AND OSHOIMOLE among others. Yes I was right

I was the one that said Oil was in Lagos. Yes I was right

Make no mistake,, voting ACN in 2015 as Lagos governor would spell disaster. LP and ACCORD are small parties that can be bought.

PDP is the only opposition here that can make ACN be on their toes. I just don't speak without facts.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Dede1(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
alj harem:

LOOOOOOL. Nwannem, how bodi ? smiley

Nwannem, the bodi was recovering from the holiday rigors until you landed serious bodi blows.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Akanbiedu(m): 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2013
alj harem: Look you all, I have nothing to gain from any party in Nigeria other than good governance. I was the one that said GEJ winning the presidenial election would spell disaster. Yes I was right

I was the one that championed ACN FASHOLA AND OSHOIMOLE among others. Yes I was right

I was the one that said Oil was in Lagos. Yes I was right

Make no mistake,, voting ACN in 2015 as Lagos governor would spell disaster. LP and ACCORD are small parties that can be bought.

PDP is the only opposition here that can make ACN be on their toes. I just don't speak without facts.

So you wish Lagosians what is happening in Plateau and Kaduna?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
This is not a matter of Chameleon. Before I type, I get my facts right and have thought deeply about it.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that we hate change even if the change is for the better. Yes I am guilt of that at times but sentiment apart, Lagosians think
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

So you wish Lagosians what is happening in Plateau and Kaduna?

I am a lagosian so that is a major concern Egbon. I want an ACN/CPC president. Fact but governor for Lagosians ? I want PDP for reasons stated above.

I am not Beaf neither have I sold my soul to the devil. I know what I am talking about.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aljharem(m): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
Dede1:

Nwannem, the bodi was recovery from the holiday rigors until you landed serious bodi blows.

LOL sorry my brother, that was just the way I could have put it so it sinks in well. I apologise.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Akanbiedu(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2013
alj harem: This is not a matter of Chameleon. Before I type, I get my facts right and have thought deeply about it.

The problem we have in Nigeria is that we hate change even if the change is for the better. Yes I am guilt of that at times but sentiment apart, Lagosians think

Why don't you share some of those facts with us?

alj harem:

I am a lagosian so that is a major concern Egbon. I want an ACN/CPC president. Fact but governor for Lagosians ? I want PDP for reasons stated above.

I am not Beaf neither have I sold my soul to the devil. I know what I am talking about.

So how do you work for this arrangement, campaign for PDP one day and then for CPC another day?

So you want to replace a party of alleged thieves with a party of convicted thieves? How logical is that?
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aribisala0(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
The federal government should have constructed a bridge there long ago.What stops Delta and Anambra building one and tolling it ,With all the money Delta is getting it should be easy and more profitable than Asaba airport. Certainl Anambra and Delta can pursue an integration agenda.The reason why some of these things don't hppen is not necessarily marginalization but simply corruption and incompetence. A new bridge is not likely to cost so much. I don't think it will be up to 3 km and the river is not that deep. My take on it is if the FG won't do it the states should and even if the FG does what stops the states building another one I see nothing wrong with 3,,4,5,6 bridges on that river.

I personally do not see failure to build the bridge as evidence of Igbo marginalization.How many bridges were built in the Delta where all the oil comes from or across River Benue or other rivers. The whole country has suffered neglect not just Igbos. In fact the Niger Delta has suffered the most but In the SW or NE or NC what has the FG done that it has not done in the SE since the end of the war.
There is a case for a Niger bridge period but not on the basis of marginalization.

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by omanzo02: 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2013
Some bridges all over the world are more than 100 years old and still functional, if the Niger bridge was well maintain it could still serve more years.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aribisala0(m): 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
It is true that the bridge can last longer but another one or two or three more can still be built. I believe there is a good business case for it. They do not all have to be at Onitsha

1 Like

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2013
aribisala0: The federal government should have constructed a bridge there long ago.What stops Delta and Anambra building one and tolling it ,With all the money Delta is getting it should be easy and more profitable than Asaba airport. Certainl Anambra and Delta can pursue an integration agenda.The reason why some of these things don't hppen is not necessarily marginalization but simply corruption and incompetence. A new bridge is not likely to cost so much. I don't think it will be up to 3 km and the river is not that deep. My take on it is if the FG won't do it the states should and even if the FG does what stops the states building another one I see nothing wrong with 3,,4,5,6 bridges on that river.

I personally do not see failure to build the bridge as evidence of Igbo marginalization.How many bridges were built in the Delta where all the oil comes from or across River Benue or other rivers. The whole country has suffered neglect not just Igbos. In fact the Niger Delta has suffered the most but In the SW or NE or NC what has the FG done that it has not done in the SE since the end of the war.
There is a case for a Niger bridge period but not on the basis of marginalization.
It's easier said when you people advise states to take up the responsibilities of the federal government knowing fully well that the states with limited resources have other pressing issues that they need to tackle. Anambra for example is not that financially buoyant and constructing a bridge of that magnitude will cost a lot of money. Why should Nigeria be towed for using that bridge. It's the job of the FG and they have to rise up to the occasion. They have failed in their social responsibilities.

How can you compare a bridge that connects to a section of the country to building bridges in delta state even though oil money comes from there. This bridge is one of the most important infrastructure in the country because it connects the SE and some parts of the SS to the western and other parts of the country. I personally see this as marginalization of Igbos because like someone posited, there's no evidence that Igbos are part of the country. Name one important federal project that is cited in the SE.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2013
omanzo02: Some bridges all over the world are more than 100 years old and still functional, if the Niger bridge was well maintain it could still serve more years.

^^^Yeah, but these other bridges that are more than 100 years old and still functional.....they don't experience the kind of heavy and static traffic the Niger bridge experiences; the authorities concerned place limits on what the bridge can carry, and normally you'd find a functional railway system in these countries that takes heavy load transportation off the bridges and on to the tracks (unless of course the bridge was built with provision for trains) unlike what we see with the Niger bridge.

2 Likes

Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aribisala0(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's easier said when you people advise states to take up the responsibilities of the federal government knowing fully well that the states with limited resources have other pressing issues that they need to tackle. Anambra for example is not that financially buoyant and constructing a bridge of that magnitude will cost a lot of money. Why should Nigeria be towed for using that bridge. It's the job of the FG and they have to rise up to the occasion. They have failed in their social responsibilities.

How can you compare a bridge that connects to a section of the country to building bridges in delta state even though oil money comes from there. This bridge is one of the most important infrastructure in the country because it connects the SE and some parts of the SS to the western and other parts of the country. I personally see this as marginalization of Igbos because like someone posited, there's no evidence that Igbos are part of the country. Name one important federal project that is cited in the SE.

There is no need to manufacture an argument.The FG has neglected its responibilites EVERYWHERE

That bridge connects two states . What do you mean by SECTION of the country(that is your own idiosyncratic description) Does this same River Niger not separate SW from the North.How many bridges are there in that part of the country??
If the issues is Anambra not being buoyant that is reasonable but they can borrow and toll.Lagos has done it.

They can woo Delta that has money that is what politics is about; making friends not teling everyone how stupid they are and how smart you are.

There is a need for bridges in the Delta that are arguably MORE important than ANOTHER Niger bridge because.They produce the oil and also because of the nature of their terrain,You already have ONE. There is a need for bridges across the Benue River too.How many bridges cross River Niger in Kwara State or does that not connect a SECTION of the country. The River Niger runs across Nigeria NOT ONLY the SE

This Bridge is already there and is a federal project. What you are demanding is NUMBER TWO.Rather than challenge me to name a federal project in the SE you name one in the NE or the SW . What has the FG done in the SW that it has not done in the SE. You have an airport.Is there an Airport in the SW? Rather than emotion give facts .You have at least a bridge others have nothing .The FG has not shown favouritism to any region. If anything the North has suffered more than the South.

Just like Anambra the FG does not have unlimited resources to match its numerous responsibilities. There are many areas where the FG has failed and another Niger Bridge is important but NOT the Most important thing.

Let us distinguish between Neglect and Marginalization, Delta,Ekiti,Ondo Osun,Bayelsa,Taraba,Kogi have ALL been neglected

The SE is small ; about the size of Niger state but wants to corner equal projects as the entire North

How does not building a bridge marginalize the people on one side more than those on the other
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by HeadofState2: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
In Nigeria, everything is politicized. I think its the most politically-conscious country in the world. Even the welfare of the people is politicized. Symptoms of a very useless country and a failed state!
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by patostation(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2013
I disagree with Aribisala0 when he posited that the Niger bridge connects only two states. Infact the whole states in the South East, South South states like Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa all need that bridge to cross westwards and vice versa. Another bridge will do to Onitsha traffic what Benin Byepass has done to Benin traffic.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
pato station: I disagree with Aribisala0 when he posited that the Niger bridge connects only two states. Infact the whole states in the South East, South South states like Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Bayelsa all need that bridge to cross westwards and vice versa. Another bridge will do to Onitsha traffic what Benin Byepass has done to Benin traffic.
That logic applies to
The Benin Sagamu road,to the Bridge at Lokoja or the Lagos Ibadan expressway.
Why not build another Benin to Sagamu road or another Lagos to Ibadan to Ilorin.If the Lagos Ibadan Road is blocked How do Northerners get to Lagos or Vice versa??

MOST MAJOR TRUNK ROADS ARE THE ONLY ONES IN existence .So the Niger bridge is not unique in that regard.

how many parts of the country have more than One road linking them with the rest. Does the River Niger not separate Northern Nigeria from the west too or is it

only in the SE ??

By the way Bayelsa does not need that bridge neither does Rivers and if another must be built why not build it in the SS section of the River

there is a need for many more bridges across that River and other rivers across the whole country.Why is this one the Most important ??

The need for the bridge applies to those wishing to cross eastwards
too so why not say that not building the bridge is a marginalization of the entire south of the country rather than just of Igbos.

Why don't Edo people say they are being marginalized by failure to build another Niger bridge as it limits their ability to go to the Onitsha International Market ditto the Ekiti people.
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2013
You all voted PDP and Retardeen Jonathan for President

I thought one of the conditions for voting GEJ was the second Niger bridge? Well you all have been scammed as usual again.

So now tell us what you all have gained from voting the ruling Hausa conservative NPC, NPN, NRC PDP ever since independence
Re: 2nd Niger Bridge - Has It Been Politicized? by babapupa: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2013
aribisala0:

There is no need to manufacture an argument.The FG has neglected its responibilites EVERYWHERE

That bridge connects two states . What do you mean by SECTION of the country(that is your own idiosyncratic description) Does this same River Niger not separate SW from the North.How many bridges are there in that part of the country??
If the issues is Anambra not being buoyant that is reasonable but they can borrow and toll.Lagos has done it.

They can woo Delta that has money that is what politics is about; making friends not teling everyone how stupid they are and how smart you are.

There is a need for bridges in the Delta that are arguably MORE important than ANOTHER Niger bridge because.They produce the oil and also because of the nature of their terrain,You already have ONE. There is a need for bridges across the Benue River too.How many bridges cross River Niger in Kwara State or does that not connect a SECTION of the country. The River Niger runs across Nigeria NOT ONLY the SE

This Bridge is already there and is a federal project. What you are demanding is NUMBER TWO.Rather than challenge me to name a federal project in the SE you name one in the NE or the SW . What has the FG done in the SW that it has not done in the SE. You have an airport.Is there an Airport in the SW? Rather than emotion give facts .You have at least a bridge others have nothing .The FG has not shown favouritism to any region. If anything the North has suffered more than the South.

Just like Anambra the FG does not have unlimited resources to match its numerous responsibilities. There are many areas where the FG has failed and another Niger Bridge is important but NOT the Most important thing.

Let us distinguish between Neglect and Marginalization, Delta,Ekiti,Ondo Osun,Bayelsa,Taraba,Kogi have ALL been neglected

The SE is small ; about the size of Niger state but wants to corner equal projects as the entire North

How does not building a bridge marginalize the people on one side more than those on the other

Very articulate, informed and intelligent response.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Chibuike Amaechi And Oba Chukwumela Nnam Obi The2nd Oba Of Ogba Land / Breaking News: Tony Nwoye Wins At Supreme Court As PDP Anambra Guber Candidate / At This Point One Must Suspect Obasanjo In Asari Dokubo's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.