Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? (481 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Sale Of PHCN: Abddulsalami Beats Tinubu, Wins 4 Power Distributionn Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? by yertyr(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
I'm not a tribalist neither am I one of those who reserves loathing 4 other people's culture...but given the way events seems to be shaping up, this question can not be neglected. Why the incessant love for power by the northerners? Cases of Nnamdi azikiwe, Aguiyi Ironsi, obasanjo and others quickly comes to mind here- how they (north) reacted when this men were in charge of proceedings- Now, its Gej and what do we have: northerners indirectly stating their stand that leadership is their prerogative, it's even made clearer when buhari talked about 'blood' if 2015 is not 'free and fair'(what does he mean by that?) well, seems they had employed a new tactics...dislodging pdp...if u say its a lie, then why is it that those in the hem of affairs of parties about to merge are northerners? Boko Haram actions, talks of Islamic banking, and deeds of reputable northern leaders all atest to the fact- norths crave for leadership- but why? Please mature contribution only abeg
Re: Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? by okosodo: 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2013
Read sura 9v 1 - 15 of the so called holy quran, you will know that the pure form of islam does not recognise non muslims ruling muslims. The words “kill them wherever you find them“ is clearly stated there, and to confirm that sura 9 is the so called last prophecy , therefore gives it authenticity. Anybody tagging islam a religion of peace is deceiving himself and non muslims. But islam is a religion of peace only when the whole world has been converted to islam(sura 5).
Re: Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? by Dede1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Northerners do not crave for power in Nigeria rather the imbecilic southerners installed them as odds-on-favorites to hold power in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do The North Crave 4 Power? by yertyr(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
@okosodo...no one said anything about religion, there are northerners that are christian as well.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bomb Found Near Kano Bank / MEND Denies Plot To Break Up Nigeria / Jonathan Arranged CNN Interview With $60,000 Public Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.