Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You (8555 Views)

An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2013
My pastor is a good role model here. He donates bore holes to communities yearly. He gives bags of rice to elderly and plans are on ground to feed all elderly of 60 years and above 3 square meal till they die. He provides free accommodation to university students attending the church. He uses the church bus to convey children free of charge daily to and from school including outsiders. He plans to build schools for free this year. The man is truly a gem. He even want to give grants to young people to start business. These are the jobs of 1st century churches. May god help me so i can touch lives of millions. What about you?

4 Likes

Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by Bokoharam: 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
Great words! Good point!

1 Like

Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by owo2000: 5:02am On Jan 14, 2013
God will bless you. I am glad that other people see things the way Jesus is seeing things. My friend don't be silent.

The Lord is with you. Well written! Hmm....

1 Like

Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by Kairoseki77: 7:53am On Jan 14, 2013
1. Take Your Money
2. Take Your Money
3. Take Your Money
4. Take Your Money
5. Take Your Money
6. Take Your Money
7. Take Your Money
8. Take Your Money
9. Take Your Money
10. Take Your Money
11. Take Your Money
12. Take Your Money
13. Take Your Money
14. Take Your Money
15. Take Your Money
16. Take Your Money
17. Take Your Money
18. Take Your Money
19. Take Your Money
20. Take Your Money
21. Take Your Money
22. Take Your Money
23. Take Your Money
24. Take Your Money

25. Buy Private Jet!
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by trekkie: 10:10am On Jan 14, 2013
angry
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by PastorKun(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
maryjames9: My pastor is a good role model here. He donates bore holes to communities yearly. He gives bags of rice to elderly and plans are on ground to feed all elderly of 60 years and above 3 square meal till they die. He provides free accommodation to university students attending the church. He uses the church bus to convey children free of charge daily to and from school including outsiders. He plans to build schools for free this year. The man is truly a gem. He even want to give grants to young people to start business. These are the jobs of 1st century churches. May god help me so i can touch lives of millions. What about you?

This is highly commendable and a good example of what a true church of christ should be doing. Is your church located in Lagos? Would like to visit a church as yours.
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by hillus: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
Blackbody20: To me, this is a reasonable thread. If churches can make positive contributions like this to the society, Nigeria ll be better off as a nation.

I agree church have their role to play, but you and i have a role to play, lets do our part before turnning 2 to the church for their own part
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by PastorKun(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2013
hillus:

I agree church have their role to play, but you and i have a role to play, lets do our part before turnning 2 to the church for their own part

We are the church.
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by donwilz(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
trekkie: surprise! shocked another church bashing thread.
not really undecided
everyone is entitled to believe what they want withougt having their faith bashed by non adherents.
@ poster while your comments reveal your ignorance, i understand where your heart is. i however will advise you to stop being the debris trailing the comet and use the time you obviously have on your hands in more constructive pursuits. faith bashing is ugly. angry
I am a christian i.e Christ's follower. Agreed, the bible advocates honoring our pastors, but you and your ilk have turned it into worship. You may call me ignorant, it's your opinion and i respect it, I also have mine, so should you. The bible states that we should call a spade, a spade. Our church leaders or most of them are crooks and do not teach the right things. Attack the post, not the writer. If you have a different opinion about any point, list your objections.
Re: 25 Good Things Your Nigerian Church Can Do For You by AtheistD(m): 8:32am On Jan 15, 2013
aspabay: Well copied and well pasted
Church exists for the promotion of the kingdom of God. Service to humanity is intertwined with this task.
Who pays to sponsor Evangelism,(personal, out reaches, media etc)
Who pays the bills incurred by the church (utilities etc)
Who pays the church workers who are full time employees
Who pays for other modifications, beautification and enlargement of the church.
I can go on and on.
All you want the church to do is charity. There is much more to do aside from charity, which of course almost all churches are engaged in, in varied ways and methods.
So OP, leave the churches alone and mind your business. Direct your grievances to the govt taking your taxes.

Why doesnt God pay for these things? wink

It is clear churches are means for ppl to gather. Nothing more. So why not do something tangible with the gathering. Raise money to do charity and community works. The church keeps asking for more money but never gives anything in return.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Sign From Heaven At Pastor's Burial / Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? / 15 Characteristics Of A Psychopath.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.