Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,497 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. (7895 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / New Anti Corruption Group Today At Wuse, Abuja / Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Funai1234: 7:16am On Jan 14, 2013
Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned.
The Abuja Environmental Protection Board, AEPB, has banned commercial vehicles from operating in the Wuse Market area to discourage street traders and hawkers from operating along the road side.
The Head Information and Outreach Programme of the Board Mr. Joe Ukairo, said that the development would help to sanitize the market.
According to him, Commercial vehicles drop passengers anywhere; anyhow they like and pick passengers in the middle of the road.
He said the board wants to stop hawkers and street traders along the market road so that there will not be traffic jam.

http://www.presslodge.com/commercial-vehicles-banned-wuse-abuja/
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 14, 2013
Good! The administration of Sen Bala Mohammed has made FCT resident to earnestly yearn for El rufai. Abuja is now a shadow of what it used to be.

2 Likes

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 14, 2013
This is what happens when incompetent people are employed and given offices far above their managerial station.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2013
Stu..pid horrid minister,he is the worst FCT ever,greedy,heartless idiata.

1 Like

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by sexybash(f): 9:04am On Jan 14, 2013
utumunta: Good! The administration of Sen Bala Mohammed has made FCT resident to earnestly yearn for El rufai. Abuja is now a shadow of what it used to be.
at least less traffic
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by seunfly: 9:29am On Jan 14, 2013
They should have done that since, i was afraid that if they did not take any step, wuse would turn to old notorious oshodi with traffic hold up and hawkers. They should try and extend that to some satalite towns especialy kubwa market.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by AbdulAdam56(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2013
Abuja city of life.If u are poorless don't go there.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by FoxyRebirth(m): 9:48am On Jan 14, 2013
I would have commented, but I'm still smarting from the fact that I stood for a very long time before getting a car and paid twice the price.

Fvck the government angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by yanni1(m): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2013
the development is only welcomed by private car owners....

1 Like

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 14, 2013
wat we fail to undastnd is dt Bala intends to run 4 gov. comz 2015 in his state & plan to introduce private transport company to finance his political ambition.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 14, 2013
Rollindollars: wat we fail to undastnd is dt Bala intends to run 4 gov. comz 2015 in his state & plan to introduce private transport company to finance his political ambition.
hope he loses
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by seunfly: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: I would have commented, but I'm still smarting from the fact that I stood for a very long time before getting a car and paid twice the price.

Fvck the government angry angry angry angry angry angry

must you board bus by the road side? You should go into the motor park located @ wuse. It is behind that big shopping complex adjacent to access bank.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by etalker: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2013
It took me hours to get a bus today, I had to board a cab and paid heavily for it despite the availability of fuel. A friend of mine was dropped at Mabuchi instead of Berger junction and he trekked the rest to his office. Such is what dis administration called "good governance"?
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by FoxyRebirth(m): 10:14am On Jan 14, 2013
seunfly:
must you board bus by the road side? You should go into the motor park located @ wuse. It is behind that big shopping complex adjacent to access bank.

You won't understand. Where I stay is many miles from Wuse or Berger. So my saying I'm smarting is the fact that I could not get a bus that would drop me off at Wuse. I stay in Jabi and I hope you understand that part. angry angry angry
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by bankyblue(m): 10:19am On Jan 14, 2013
Just give it a week, everything will go back to worst. Is it not
Wuse that I know.
Next topic pls

1 Like

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by AntievTerver: 10:27am On Jan 14, 2013
Th adminstration of Senator Bala is causing more hardship for the poor people in FCT.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by DidiLove1: 10:35am On Jan 14, 2013
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by DidiLove1: 10:36am On Jan 14, 2013
[/b][b]
Abdul Adam56: Abuja city of life.If u are poorless don't go there.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by repogirl(f): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2013
I doubt that this technique wld work. How will people with plenty load and no car do na? He shld have said commercial buses and cabs shld ply the route bt only park at designated areas while private cars shld park somewhere and take the bus down and then clear street trading. Anyway I know they won't do that because d politician wives can't get off their fat a-sses to trek. Am just wondering how people like me with load will manage but I guess noone frigging gives a hoot about the masses.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by roseybridge(f): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2013
seunfly: They should have done that since, i was afraid that if they did not take any step, wuse would turn to old notorious oshodi with traffic hold up and hawkers. They should try and extend that to some satalite towns especialy kubwa market.

I know ryt? kubwa mkt is a horror!!!
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by deesnipes(f): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2013
There shld be other ways of removing street hawkers instead of barning commercial vehicles totally ( though there menace is very irritating especially wen u r not heading to d market but just passing thru and u get caught ind traffic).they r not considerate of d masses, this is a big market with pple with heavy loads. It would be beta to allow taxis alone and eliminate d buses

2 Likes

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by chacha3(f): 11:57am On Jan 14, 2013
Wuse mkt is actually a nightmare,cos even wit ur car is always hell gettin in and out of the mkt. Those buses usually park looking for passengers thus blocking other road users,dnt know which is beta shaa because if u are without ur car then is hell as well with the new law, that is why I prefer garki ultramodern mkt or garki old mkt.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by nwgoziri(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
I dey go pay 4my own personal car nw,dnt nid insult 4rm dis f^kin govt!i pity dos who earn a livin 4rm it
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Igwe9(m): 12:08pm On Jan 14, 2013
e-talker:
It took me hours to get a bus today, I had to board a cab and paid heavily for it despite the availability of fuel. A friend of mine was dropped at Mabuchi instead of Berger junction and he trekked the rest to his office. Such is what dis administration called "good governance"?
why not take Cab to your office? this confirms the allegation that those Buses drop and pick passengers anywhere they like and that is very wrong if you asked me.
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by blackbeau1(f): 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
Abuja is something else.what do they expect us to do?
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by blackbeau1(f): 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2013
Igwe.:

why not take Cab to your office? this confirms the allegation that those Buses drop and pick passengers anywhere they like and that is very wrong if you asked me.
and taking cab is 100 naira ba? Do you know how much it takes to pick a drop?

1 Like

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by Igwe9(m): 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2013
black_beau: and taking cab is 100 naira ba? Do you know how much it takes to pick a drop?
you trek na, what happens to your God given legs smiley

1 Like

Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by konn: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
very soon they will ban commercial buses all over abuja that is how it starts. FCT minister should remember abuja is not his state where he can just wake up one morning and do whatever he likes. instead of banning them he can make anybody that parks on the road to pay a fine simple
Re: Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. by idmanzik: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
I was at Wuse Market last Tuesday...i had to take these photos. See for your self

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minister Commissions Completed Ibadan-Oyo Section Of Ibadan-Illorin Highway / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe / Buhari Receives Amano, DG Of International Atomic Energy Agency (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.