Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" (8719 Views)

Gotv Promo Confusion / Tonto Dikeh Plays A Preacher In New Movie (Photos) / Photos From 'Jejere' Premiere Laide Bakare's New Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 6:27pm On Jan 14, 2013
I saw the trailer of this film on BN and thought to share here. Hopefully one to steal our breaths away?

Nollywood isn’t slowing down in churning out incredible productions. Ramsey Nouah, Ali Nuhu, OC Ukeje, Tunde Aladese, Tony Goodman and Gold Ikonmwosa star in Kenneth Gyang‘s directed flick, “Confusion Na Wa”.

The movie traces the lives of a disparate group of individuals as their paths cross over the course of one day. Their result is a story of lust, infidelity, friendship, revenge, heartbreak and confusion. The movie was partly funded by Hubert Bals Fund which is part of the IFFR.

The official premiere will take place at the 2013 Durban International Film Festival, but a first preview of the movie will be held in Netherlands at the International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) from Wednesday 23rd January 2013 – Sunday 3rd February 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZLWvV69-Y

Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by VillageBoi(m): 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2013
That looks pretty good!
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2013
When I saw the production company on afrinolly app, I was like wtf is 'cinema kpatalpata'? I was like hope these former hustlers are not sneaking themselves into the cinemas, cos anything is possible in the country called naija. When I read up & I saw the source of funds, I heaved a sigh!

But seriously, whoever suggested that name should be shot!
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2013
I gave up trying to remember that name, hahaha!

It does look like a good movie though, has a similar feel to Lions of 76 in terms of good production and story line. Let's see smiley
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ayobase(m): 12:12am On Jan 15, 2013
"Confusion na wa" that's one of Fela's numerous slogans in lyrics!
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by semid4lyfe(m): 6:45am On Jan 15, 2013
It's not a bad trailer and the performances looked convincing. . .especially OC Ukeje's. Liked the sombre score too

I downloaded the 720p trailer, watched it offline and the production quality (picture, sound etc) is good no doubt but I'm so not feeling the theatrical release poster; too dull & unattractive and I thought this was one area Nollywoood was improving, at least the new/recent Nollywood-Cinema screened movies undecided

Why spend so much money making a good movie only to release a shyte poster? If person dey waka and hin see this poster for road, hin go think sey na one of those mass-produced Idumota-Upper Iweka movies e be not knowing it's one of the "newbreeds"

Make dem go make another poster for the movie sharp-sharp.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/948558_Confusion-Na-Wa-342x600_jpg7ecd9a4fb4f59e813abbdb5fee777d10[/img]

1 Like

Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2013
I for one im getting sick of the posed posters in many nollywood films. Zero artistry.

This is different although it does look dark which I believe is done intentionally. It feels like something Quentin Tarantino would do. I like it.

1 Like

Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by semid4lyfe(m): 8:35am On Jan 15, 2013
ijebabe: I for one im getting sick of the posed posters in many nollywood films. Zero artistry.

This is different although it does look dark which I believe is done intentionally. It feels like something Quentin Tarantino would do. I like it.

Sweerie, good morning

Did you sleep well tongue wink
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Mynd44: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Sweerie, good morning

Hmmm
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Sweerie, good morning

Err, good morning. Yes I did, thanks for asking *confused smile*
Hope you did too.
Mynd_44:
Hmmm
Im surprised o, but I knew it was only a matter of time tongue
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2013
I must see this movie, it looks promising.

Good morning to my "colleague-level" partner, ijebabe smiley; and to semid4lyfe. smiley
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by semid4lyfe(m): 9:06am On Jan 15, 2013
ijebabe:
Err, good morning. Yes I did, thanks for asking *confused smile*
Hope you did too.

YES, I did and thanks for asking tongue

Ehen, ehen back to topic

QT don get name & rep so hin no need Poster to sell/promote hin movie

You're an arts person so you may see the "artistry" in it but most peeps won't. How many peeps will choose this movie to watch at a cinema amongst many films been shown based on it poster? Few, I assure you

I'd have liked it if it had a bit more background and things happening instead of the black blandness. Something like New Year's Eve with the faces of the major cast plastered on it wouldn't have been bad

[img]http://4.bp..com/-g2DRPVdvFvA/T3hpPecdPMI/AAAAAAAACic/LI5DH-aflFE/s1600/NYE.tinymoviez.jpg[/img]
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2013
CFCfan: I must see this movie, it looks promising.

Good morning to my "colleague-level" partner, ijebabe smiley; and to semid4lyfe. smiley
Lol!

Hope it'll be a good year for Nollywood smiley
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2013
Really Semid, that corny shit up there?

I know people who would not be caught dead watching NYE! Its a matter of taste. However, I get your point the majority of Nigerian population may want a corny poster but that's because people have imprinted to them what they should expect.

If Nollywood had directors and producers coming up with creative posters then people will have more diverse tastes.

1 Like

Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2013
Nollywood's next challenge is to ensure that it's movies get exposure at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. For that to happen though, most of the movies would need to be shot in celluloid.
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Wendyslim(f): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2013
Noah is a good actor so I think dis film will deserve a plause[s][/s]
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 15, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by AbdulAdam56(m): 9:23am On Jan 15, 2013
Nollwood na wa.
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 9:25am On Jan 15, 2013
CFCfan: Hollywood's next challenge is to ensure that it's movies get exposure at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. For that to happen though, most of the movies would need to be shot in celluloid.
You mean Nollywood right? Hehehe
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2013
ijebabe:
You mean Nollywood right? Hehehe

Yeah, it was a typo.
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2013
RAMSEY NOAH is back!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by semid4lyfe(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2013
Babe, na the concept & idea. This bland dark poster no be am and e no just flow with the movie jare. . .if na Batman movie get this kain poster, I for no complain grin

It's a contemporary drama for crying out loud. . . .
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2013
Confusion Na Wa. Which kind title be that? I m interested in the movie.
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Gistwitherico(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2013
Kind of liked the sharp camera...,although the title sounds crazy, the trailer looks good![color=#000099]
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Afolabs101: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2013
Very good Nollywood!

Start focusing on quality rather than quantity
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Promoe(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2013
Nollywood is growing! [s]I see Alaba production showing in the cinemas and making it to the Oscar awards in the nearest future[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ijebabe: 11:31am On Jan 15, 2013
semid4lyfe: Babe, na the concept & idea. This bland dark poster no be am and e no just flow with the movie jare. . .if na Batman movie get this kain poster, I for no complain grin

It's a contemporary drama for crying out loud. . . .
So you now decide what drama looks like undecided
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hmmm
ws d qustn ment 4 u?
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by ayobase(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
JOYCEOUS: ws d qustn ment 4 u?

Aproko...gbeborun..wetin concern u for the matter....what are not spewing...u like mynd abi..he is now a mod..NO BAN!
Leave ije and semi alone...face myynd!
wink
wink
wink
wink
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Ayorh4you(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Wu cares? Hope I made it 2 d 1st page?
Re: New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!" by Ignatio(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2013
From the preview the movie won't be bad but the poster... Honestly I didn't know it was the movie poster when I saw. I overlooked it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Ur Best Yoruba Actors/actresses. / Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.