Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field (7412 Views)

Bonga Oil Spill: NOSDRA Orders Shell To Pay $3.6bn To Affected Communities / Jonathan & Diezani Alison-madueke Dressed As Oil Field Engineers (photo) / Bonga Oil Spill. Senate Committe's Rejoinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
aribisala0:

Really? Do you have any evidence for this??
No, I am relying on the complaint by northern politicians that the ND states are collecting too much..they listed the offshore income to the ND states as one of the sources and even recently threatened to embark on a court action to reverse this.

This was in the news some time ago...now
do you have contrary evidence?
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
aribisala0: Leaving the allocation to one side. Let us look at the £3.6 billion that was spent in setting up the site. Multimillion dollar contracts were awarded to AMEC and ABB. Should our government not be insisting that any company that wins such contracts MUST
1) Incorporate itself and pay taxes in Nigeria
2) Employ and train Nigerians in those unique competences specific to FPSOs
3 Use Nigerian lawyers,banks etc.
They even have Oyinbo cooks on those FPSOs
You will hear that Figure of 3.6 billion as Foreign Direct Investment in Nigeria but in reality cheques would be written and cleared in London and little of that money will enter our country wilhe tax will be paid by those companies to THEIR countries. In 2011 there was a major spill from that field with no consequences for anyone compared to what happened in the Gulf of Mexico the previous year.We really need clued up people in our corner

yes but the challanges are that when this happens, the NDelta youths are left out...right now Bonga is being operated from lagos instead of Delta or Bayelsa...so much lost to those states...

You mentioned earlier thst during the period of regions the regions recieved a percentage derivation...this is not true...trhe region controlled its resources and paied tax to the center...if the ND were to control the oil resources, there is no way the Ndelta government would allow Job meant for Ndeltan to be grabbed in lagos.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:
No, I am relying on the complaint by northern politicians that the ND states are collecting too much..they listed the offshore income to the ND states as one of the sources and even recently threatened to embark on a court action to reverse this.

This was in the news some time ago...now
do you have contrary evidence?
Well if ou follow what we are saying here. There was a compromise that agreed that oil found within a certain distance let us call it X from a state would count for derivation purposes and beyond that It would not. So NOT all off shore oil counts toward a state it has to be within a set range although the Supreme court had ruled they get NOTHING by way of derivation.
It seems that Bonga is out of range but my tone all along has been inquisitorial rather than assertive. I am trying to learn a bit more. Perhaps you have heard the aphorism ;
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat ?? The burden of the proof lies upon him who affirms, not he who denies.
it is not for me to have contrary evidence but for you making a claim to substantiate it

Regarding the Northern Governors' Claims Some states Benefit more from the new compromise arrangement because the related deep sea wells are within range X while for others they are not.
This is what Akpabio was saying in respect of Bonga and Lagos
http://www.punchng.com/news/akpabio-faults-kwankwaso-on-offshoreonshore-dichotomy/ . I am not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with him

Personally I believe Bonga is outside range X for ALL states but I am just guessing
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by homerac7: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2013
@OP,

if the maritime boundary extends beyond continental shelf in a section, does it make d resources therein open for exploitation to other countries?

i saw a news item about 2-3 years ago about FGN making application to a certain body so that the maritime boundary can be extended beyond the usual 200 nautical miles. i think US and some other countries have dt in practice already, but i dont know if the FG's application has been granted, turned down or in process.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:

yes but the challanges are that when this happens, the NDelta youths are left out...right now Bonga is being operated from lagos instead of Delta or Bayelsa...so much lost to those states...

You mentioned earlier thst during the period of regions the regions recieved a percentage derivation...this is not true...trhe region controlled its resources and paied tax to the center...if the ND were to control the oil resources, there is no way the Ndelta government would allow Job meant for Ndeltan to be grabbed in lagos.
You appear to see the world from a unipolar perspective. Nigeria came together as regions not as Niger Delta which is a geographical and and not a political entity.It is doubtful that an independent Niger Delta would have survived without molestation from Igbos,Yorubas or Fulani if Nigeria did not exist not to mention Cameroun and others. If the British had not come the Delta would probably be Igboland today.

This idea that an unmolested Delta would somehow exploit oil in in the gulf while others clap for them is naive.Find out what is happening in the China Sea and international waters elsewhere. The point I have made repeatedly which eludes you is the location of the fiel in the continental shelf and what that would mean if all Nigerian coastal states were independent nations.

Regarding monies paid to FG whatever name you call it tax or derivation is neither here nor there The FG was getting more than the region on Natural resources. who says FG cannot tax you 99% .
You are asserting where Bonga is but the only available evidence is a map which you and I know will change if ever there was a country called the Niger Delta. Rather than benefitting from the oil the coastal states would use it to buy arms fighting each other till it runs out

I will not argue about where the field is because that is partly why I opened the thread nothing you have said suggests you know where the field is. I suggest you contact Shell like I have done and hear what they have to say.
Leaving that to one side I am not quite sure what you mean by "JOBS meant for NDeltans" that is a meaningless concept and the only way you can make that meaningful is to break away from Nigeria.
Otherwise all jobs are open to ALL Nigerians.What about Fulani and Kanuri Youths are they not left out too? I do not think reducing things to the lowest common denominator changes anything.Either we are one country or we are not and if we are not.The Hausa Fulani will tell you to pay him for the lives lost protecting you from Biafra.You can never finish paying that. If Niger delta youths are left out so are others.bottom line there are too many people and not enough cake which brings up issues of "it is my cake" where were these Delta Youths when Ibori stole 100s of millions of dollars or Alams or Etiebet or what is happening now.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
This is the relevant part of 1960 constitution
Section 140 which made provision for the sharing of the proceeds of minerals, including mineral oil, stated that:
"There shall be paid by the Federal Government to a Region, a sum equal to fifty per cent of the proceeds of any royalty received by the Federation in respect of any minerals extracted in that Region and any mining rents derived by the Federal Government from within any Region." For the purposes of this section, the continental shelf of a Region was deemed part of that Region. This is totally consistent with international law which characterises the continental shelf as a seaward extension of the land of the coastal state.

Now continental shelf is NOT considered part of the coastal state a significant change buttressed by the Supreme Court ruling. I agree with this because I believe this unduly empowers coastal states which were created arbitrarily.If in the old Constitution THe contents of the Continental shelf accrued to edo and Delta and you split the state in two should it accrue only to Delta thus short-changing Edo.Those issues were never negotiated.The only problem is what would previously have belonged to those two has been removed and extended all the way to Zamfara. That is why I say those hinterland states like Imo Edo Cross River are not or should not be treated the same as Oyo or Plateau and maybe this is one reason for some kind of conference
Note the direction of payment on minerals from the FG to the regions which should tell you WHO is receiving the payment ab initio
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0:
You appear to see the world from a unipolar perspective. Nigeria came together as regions not as Niger Delta which is a geographical and and not a political entity.It is doubtful that an independent Niger Delta would have survived without molestation from Igbos,Yorubas or Fulani if Nigeria did not exist not to mention Cameroun and others. If the British had not come the Delta would probably be Igboland today.

This idea that an unmolested Delta would somehow exploit oil in in the gulf while others clap for them is naive.Find out what is happening in the China Sea and international waters elsewhere. The point I have made repeatedly which eludes you is the location of the fiel in the continental shelf and what that would mean if all Nigerian coastal states were independent nations.

Regarding monies paid to FG whatever name you call it tax or derivation is neither here nor there The FG was getting more than the region on Natural resources. who says FG cannot tax you 99% .
You are asserting where Bonga is but the only available evidence is a map which you and I know will change if ever there was a country called the Niger Delta. Rather than benefitting from the oil the coastal states would use it to buy arms fighting each other till it runs out

I will not argue about where the field is because that is partly why I opened the thread nothing you have said suggests you know where the field is. I suggest you contact Shell like I have done and hear what they have to say.
Leaving that to one side I am not quite sure what you mean by "JOBS meant for NDeltans" that is a meaningless concept and the only way you can make that meaningful is to break away from Nigeria.
Otherwise all jobs are open to ALL Nigerians.What about Fulani and Kanuri Youths are they not left out too? I do not think reducing things to the lowest common denominator changes anything.Either we are one country or we are not and if we are not.The Hausa Fulani will tell you to pay him for the lives lost protecting you from Biafra.You can never finish paying that. If Niger delta youths are left out so are others.bottom line there are too many people and not enough cake which brings up issues of "it is my cake" where were these Delta Youths when Ibori stole 100s of millions of dollars or Alams or Etiebet or what is happening now.

Apparently you are still yet to break our self mentally away from the yoke of slavery forced upon u by ur dependence on oil..
Firstly as long as São Tomé , UAE are mot being molested by Cameroon or Saudi, your argument in that regard olds no water...hope that issue is cleared...

Secondly insinuating that the NDelta is not mature enuf to handle itself is yet another insulting way you have come to look at he Niger deltans, all this talk of fighting ourselves and dooms day predictions for the nigerdeltans managing their oil...shows a very low level of thinking that I find quite shameful and desperate.

Where did the Nigerdeltans ask nigeria to save us from the ibos or Biafra? Do you call our present condition as being saved?

My problem with your post is that it typifies the average Nigerian mentality...which how to wait for oil money to continue living instead of thinking of practical ways to use your oil sponsored education to generate wealth....what is wrong with each region or state putting in place conducive environments for investors to exploit its resources and pay taxes to FG.

If all Nigerian states were independent nations I believe that bonga would be in bayelsa country were it is now....

Is it that the Fulani man, kanuri man etc does not have resources to exploit, intelligence to create wealth or what?

I actually prefer to pay 99percent tax than be given 99% derivation because we can be productive and manage our resources...

While I am not saying that all oil company jobs should be held by held by the nigerdeltans a situation where they can't even get into the oil sector in any form is totally wrong...it can only be reversed if the control is handed over to the communities..

The map I posted is one I retrieved from the shell system cos that is where I work...consider it as authentic as u will ever get.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Apparently you are still yet to break our self mentally away from the yoke of slavery forced upon u by ur dependence on oil..
Firstly as long as São Tomé , UAE are mot being molested by Cameroon or Saudi, your argument in that regard olds no water...hope that issue is cleared...

Secondly insinuating that the NDelta is not mature enuf to handle itself is yet another insulting way you have come to look at he Niger deltans, all this talk of fighting ourselves and dooms day predictions for the nigerdeltans managing their oil...shows a very low level of thinking that I find quite shameful and desperate.

Where did the Nigerdeltans ask nigeria to save us from the ibos or Biafra? Do you call our present condition as being saved?

My problem with your post is that it typifies the average Nigerian mentality...which how to wait for oil money to continue living instead of thinking of practical ways to use your oil sponsored education to generate wealth....what is wrong with each region or state putting in place conducive environments for investors to exploit its resources and pay taxes to FG.

If all Nigerian states were independent nations I believe that bonga would be in bayelsa country were it is now....

Is it that the Fulani man, kanuri man etc does not have resources to exploit, intelligence to create wealth or what?

I actually prefer to pay 99percent tax than be given 99% derivation because we can be productive and manage our resources...

While I am not saying that all oil company jobs should be held by held by the nigerdeltans a situation where they can't even get into the oil sector in any form is totally wrong...it can only be reversed if the control is handed over to the communities..

The map I posted is one I retrieved from the shell system cos that is where I work...consider it as authentic as u will ever get.
I am not writing my biography so I won't discuss myself.It is very easy for us to start with Bonga field and end up discussing the interaction of aluminium quarks when subjected to a magnetic field,very fascinating I know but of no moment here.
Wherever you believe Bonga should be is irrelevant to what eventually happens to Bonga field. If you work in Shell as you claim you must have heard of the likes of MrPrecious Omuku,Mr Edmund Daukoru,Mr Omene,Mr Omenai, Mr Imomoh and Mr Udofia,The current petroleum Minister and indeed HER FATHER who are all Niger Deltans who rose to very senior positions ofen the first Nigerians to do so (IN THAT SAME SHELL)among many others from the Niger Delta.The oil industry is a technical one not a political party and employs many foreigners simply because Nigerians are not qualified or trained and when I raise that you narrow it down to "jobs that are meant to be for NigerDeltans" Truth is they can't get the jobs because they cannot do the jobs and your politicians sellout for a bowl of pottage when they should seek training opportunities Just like Nigerian politicians from elsewhere also sell out and rather than see that you choose to open enmity with other Nigerians.Your claim and I quote your words that; a situation where they can't even get into the oil sector in any form is clearly hyperbolic at best and propagandist or worse at worst.You claim to work for Shell and also to be from the Niger Delta .
There is nothing wrong to have convictions but you persist in being obnoxious and incapable of having a disagreement that is not respectful. I can only wish you Godspeed in your realisation of your Delta republic.I opened this thread to discussed a different subject from Niger Delta grievances which are well documented elsewhere .I am quite keen to know the research coordinates of that field for my own research and it is clear you can't help me. I will say no more for now.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by Seunn11: 12:38am On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0: I am not writing my biography so I won't discuss myself.It is very easy for us to start with Bonga field and end up discussing the interaction of aluminium quarks when subjected to a magnetic field. Wherever you believe Bonga should be is irrelevant to what eventually happens. If you work in shell as you claim you must have heard of the likes of Precious Omuku,Edmund Daukoru,Omene,Omenai,The current petroleum Minister and indeed HER FATHER who are all Niger Deltans who rose to very senior positions ofen the first Nigerians to do so among many others from the Niger Delta.The oil industry is a technical one not a political party.Your claim and I quote your words that; a situation where they can't even get into the oil sector in any form is clearly hyperbolic at best and propagandist or worse at worst.You claim to work for Shell and also to be from the Niger Delta .
There is nothing wrong to have convictions but you persist in being obnoxious and incapable of having a disagreement that is not respectful. I can only wish you Godspeed in your realisation of your Delta republic.I opened this thread to discussed a different subject from Niger Delta grievances which are well documented elsewhere.I am quite keen to know the research coordinates of that field for my own research and it is clear you can't help me. I will say no more for now.

Aribisala,

I doff my hat for the mature way you have been interacting via this thread. I admire your levelheadedness.

Da lover,
I understand the angle you are coming from. You are very passionate about what your think belong to Bayelsan people. I salute your courage to speak your mind freely.

Now for my own knowledge, I would like to know what coordinate the oil field Bonga lies.
In your post, Da lover, you concluded from the supposed Shell's map that the oil field belongs to Bayelsa. The contradiction with that is that if that is true, then SNEPCO would have been operated from Port-Harcourt as it would fall under their Eastern operations. Is it not economical to do that?

As it is now, the location of the field does not seem to belong to any state as far as the law of the land is concerned. It seems to be located off western coastline of the country though.

I am opened to education on this.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 12:55am On Jan 16, 2013
Seunn11:

Aribisala,

I doff my hat for the mature way you have been interacting via this thread. I admire your levelheadedness.

Da lover,
I understand the angle you are coming from. You are very passionate about what your think belong to Bayelsan people. I salute your courage to speak your mind freely.

Now for my own knowledge, I would like to know what coordinate the oil field Bonga lies.
In your post, Da lover, you concluded from the supposed Shell's map that the oil field belongs to Bayelsa. The contradiction with that is that if that is true, then SNEPCO would have been operated from Port-Harcourt as it would fall under their Eastern operations. Is it not economical to do that?

As it is now, the location of the field does not seem to belong to any state as far as the law of the land is concerned. It seems to be located off western coastline of the country though.

Thanks for the kind words
I believe Snepco's location in Lagos may or may not be related to the actual location in Nigeria political/derivation context.Shell will be driven by operational cost and security.It is even possible that he is right but I choose to keep an open mind and deal with facts rather than sentiment.The reason for asking the coordinates is complex but maps are models and do not necessarily reflect reality especially for a subject like this. The other thing is the field once appeared on Google map and was miraculously deleted.Lagos state indigenes are not that well educated and are not prominent in the oil industry and so I don't see them getting any particular advantage because SNEPCO is in Lagos. Is there oil in LONDON ?? why is SHELL listed there ??
We are talking about a state where governors and others come from elsewhere sometimes
The main point is that it appears to be in the continental shelf region and so does not accrue to ANY state by law. We ought I believe ,to discuss whether that is fair moral or just and I believe such discussion can take place without petulance or projecting personal animosity afterall neither my father nor me will see even one Bonga dollar
Gas from that field is actually piped to the Bonny terminal for liquefaction. I know that the foreigners who work on that field fly there by helicopter from Lagos and this could be for a range of reasons. I believe it is for security reasons as the Niger Delta was particularly tense when that field came on stream but it is possible to operate that field from Ghana or Togo They even import there food from outside Nigeria ignoring the so called local content law.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by pazienza(m): 1:45am On Jan 16, 2013
Who asked nigerians to save you from the ibos/biafrans? Well adaka boro and ken saro wiwa did. You have been saved,so live with it.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by akintun: 1:56am On Jan 16, 2013
From wat I read in d papers, Akwa Ibom gov said dat d oil well is 500 miles of d coast of Lagos, and majority of people don't even know it. He said dat d only reason no income comes to Lagos is becos it is not within 200 Miles's of d coast of Lagos. I believe wat d man said becos, d man is alway looking 4 extra income 4 his state, and he even made sure dat he collected all cross river derivation revenue.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 2:02am On Jan 16, 2013
pazienza: Who asked nigerians to save you from the ibos/biafrans? Well adaka boro and ken saro wiwa did. You have been saved,so live with it.

OK

Igbo Ojukwu Biafra Igbo Ojukwu Biafra Igbo Ojukwu BiafraIgbo Ojukwu BiafraIgbo Ojukwu BiafraIgbo Ojukwu Biafra

ANY OTHER THING
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 8:11am On Jan 16, 2013
Seunn11:

Aribisala,

Da lover,

You are right in your assumption that Snepco ought to be run from Bayelsa, the first full fledged offshore infrastructure by shell in Nigeria was in the shallow waters off bayelsa named sea eagle, this was before shell delved into Bonga field, but you know Nigeria is always a strange country where the powers that be determine what should happen whether it is right or wrong...

We were all in Nigeria when the Abdulsalam administration moved the shipping HQ (an administrative building) from Lagos to Abuja, so much noise was made by the SW that when OBJ entered power, one of his first actions was to move it back to Lagos...The argument by the SW then was that there is no sea in Abuja hence the administration of shipping activities should not be done in Abuja. This is the same Lagos that has hosted NNPC HQ for many years despite no oil in Lagos.

Up on till 2000 or 2001, SPDC head offices were located in Lagos, after several complaints it was moved to PH while the more lucrative snepco was left in Lagos, I might have ignored Aribisala0, but this is a public forum where others may one day get information so I decided to state some of this facts..The cheating is just too much, I have been with SPDC since 2002 so when I say there is a lot of cheating against the Nigerdeltans in the oil industry, i know what I am talking about...the northern military governments shared oil blocks to themselves and the SWers running the oil companies have kept the oil industry in the SW where they can easily organize things for themselves..

Aribisala0 in your usual arrogant posture has told the world that the reasons why the Ndeltans have limited opportunities is because they lack the skills to be employed...my response is that this is the height of both ignorance and arrogance as Shell has one of the best training programms in the world hence the preference for graduates as against mature recruits, there is a lot one wants to say about the injustice happening but I simply believe that all will be better if people are allowed to control their resources and pay taxes...what ever the value...

if resource control was then allowed aribisala0 probably would be conducting a research on the location of bitumen or soo

Seunn11 to answer your other question bonga location is 4deg 37' 1.069E and 4deg 33' 20.956 roughly, the distance between it and the nearest pint on the nigerian coast is roughly 100km (bayelsa), it is 156km to the nearedt point in Ondo and 200km to the nearest point in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by Akanbiedu(m): 8:30am On Jan 16, 2013
Interesting
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 8:45am On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0:
Thanks for the kind words
I believe Snepco's location in Lagos may or may not be related to the actual location in Nigeria political/derivation context.Shell will be driven by operational cost and security.It is even possible that he is right but I choose to keep an open mind and deal with facts rather than sentiment.The reason for asking the coordinates is complex but maps are models and do not necessarily reflect reality especially for a subject like this. The other thing is the field once appeared on Google map and was miraculously deleted.Lagos state indigenes are not that well educated and are not prominent in the oil industry and so I don't see them getting any particular advantage because SNEPCO is in Lagos. Is there oil in LONDON ?? why is SHELL listed there ??
We are talking about a state where governors and others come from elsewhere sometimes

At bold part...y would you choose to lie this way?/? being in Lagos is because of security and operational cost? what?
Check this...being twice the distance from Lagos...helicopter flights cost twice the amount from Lagos
accommodation in Lagos cost more, cost of office complex etc in truth NNPC foots 55% of the bills, hence this faulty logic keeps going on
as per security...white experts working for shell in Lagos are assigned the same security detail as per when they are in the Nigerdelta
Pipeline vandalization is..dont need to say much here because we know about the issues in lagos and the latest ondo fires....

The truth is that the head offices were situated there long before the security situation deterioted in the ndelta...so what was the original reason?
NAPIMs (national petroleum investment management) who are supposed to be watching how their 55% is being spent in the nigerdelta are all sitting in lagos, they then fly into the niger delta of flight, stay in hotels in PH and warri and we are talking of cost?

Having a liaison office in London is different from running your main operations from London, whites are not that dumb to locate operational offices away from the raw material source...its only a wasteful country that would encourage such and only a very deceitful set of people guided by selfish tribal motives would try to defend it.

Did you say the average Lagosian does not enjoy the bonga dollar? please tell me you are joking? where does the states monthly subvension come from? your free education who paid for it? your subsidised pms, who pays for it, your NTA, what runs it? your roads, who pays for them? Your MAUL, who funds it? even your LASU, where does the money come from? your banks where does the bulk of the money passing through them come from? insurance companies etc...look ..eh infact

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 8:49am On Jan 16, 2013
pazienza: Who asked nigerians to save you from the ibos/biafrans? Well adaka boro and ken saro wiwa did. You have been saved,so live with it.

Lets assume they did ask Nigeria to save them...does the present situation of the Niger deltans show a people that are saved?
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 10:16am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

At bold part...y would you choose to lie this way?/? being in Lagos is because of security and operational cost? what?
Check this...being twice the distance from Lagos...helicopter flights cost twice the amount from Lagos
accommodation in Lagos cost more, cost of office complex etc in truth NNPC foots 55% of the bills, hence this faulty logic keeps going on
as per security...white experts working for shell in Lagos are assigned the same security detail as per when they are in the Nigerdelta
Pipeline vandalization is..dont need to say much here because we know about the issues in lagos and the latest ondo fires....

The truth is that the head offices were situated there long before the security situation deterioted in the ndelta...so what was the original reason?
NAPIMs (national petroleum investment management) who are supposed to be watching how their 55% is being spent in the nigerdelta are all sitting in lagos, they then fly into the niger delta of flight, stay in hotels in PH and warri and we are talking of cost?

Having a liaison office in London is different from running your main operations from London, whites are not that dumb to locate operational offices away from the raw material source...its only a wasteful country that would encourage such and only a very deceitful set of people guided by selfish tribal motives would try to defend it.

Did you say the average Lagosian does not enjoy the bonga dollar?
please tell me you are joking? where does the states monthly subvension come from? your free education who paid for it? your subsidised pms, who pays for it, your NTA, what runs it? your roads, who pays for them? Your MAUL, who funds it? even your LASU, where does the money come from? your banks where does the bulk of the money passing through them come from? insurance companies etc...look ..eh infact

I see you like to go around exchanging insults with people that is your style.I am not interested in playing that game with you. I stated a "belief" about why SNEPCO located their office where it is and you say I am LYING .
Lying about my beliefs Really I am confused
DaLover:

Seunn11 to answer your other question bonga location is 4deg 37' 1.069E and 4deg 33' 20.956 roughly,
the distance between it and the nearest pint on the nigerian coast is roughly 100km (bayelsa), it is 156km to the nearedt point in Ondo and 200km to the nearest point in lagos.

The field is 60 square kilometres,according to Shell Those coordinates do not reflect an area of 60 km square.
Please can you share the source of those coordinates

You asked bolded" Did I say the average Lagoian does not enjoy the bonga dollar? Read my posts again to see if I said that.
I no not see any prospects of intellectual commerce with you really there is simply no prospect for that.
I would like to implore you to change your style and be more civil.
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 10:28am On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0:

I see you like to go around exchanging insults with people that is your style.I am not interested in playing that game with you. I stated a "belief" about why SNEPCO located their office where it is and you say I am LYING .
Lying about my beliefs Really I am confused
At any rate you are not able to tell us where the field is by way of coordinates but claim it is twice as far from Lagos as the Delta. I don't know how you know this.

You asked bolded" Did I say the average Lagoian does not enjoy the bonga dollar? Read my posts again to see if I said that.
I no not see any prospects of intellectual commerce with you really there is simply no prospect for that.
I would like to implore you to change your style and be more civil.

Then stop the lying and pretense...you know very well why Snepco is located in Lagos, stop trying to seem aloof to what is happening, its beneath you.
I gave the coordinates derived from our map system, if that is not ok for you, then sorry...maybe you may have to try Bitumen locations then
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 10:30am On Jan 16, 2013
I was wrong, The FPSO is actually at the northern corner of the field as seen by the yellow dot in the picture, the red area are the field, Bonga and Bonga SW(the new development coming up), from the system map measurements, it about 300sqkm

Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Then stop the lying and pretense...you know very well why Snepco is located in Lagos, stop trying to seem aloof to what is happening, its beneath you.
I gave the coordinates derived from our map system, if that is not ok for you, then sorry...maybe you may have to try Bitumen locations then
I think you better direct that tone to your father or mother not to me. Do not address me like that. I am not here to be insulted by anyone
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by DaLover(m): 10:52am On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0: I think you better direct that tone to your father or mother not to me. Do not address me like that. I am not here to be insulted by anyone
Tell your parents to culture rightly
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by Akanbiedu(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2013
grin grin grin

A ha
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by pazienza(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
DaLover:

Lets assume they did ask Nigeria to save them...does the present situation of the Niger deltans show a people that are saved?
Well, atleast you no longer have to worry about the 'boogey man', the deal was for the aboki and yorubas to save you from the 'boogey man', they did. It is not their fault that you were too naive to figure out what would happen afterwards,they never promised to leave the oil to you,it was you that ignorantly assumed they would. Ever heard of war without spoils?
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by pazienza(m): 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2013
aribisala0: I think you better direct that tone to your father or mother not to me. Do not address me like that. I am not here to be insulted by anyone
So typical of you. Hahahaha!
Re: Nigeria's Bonga Oil Field by aribisala0(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
pazienza: So typical of you. Hahahaha!
I see you have been burnt before and still hurting .I see I made a lasting impression.I know you have learnt your lesson bitterly.I take no prisoners,speak out of turn and I come after your entire family
Why not come out with your real ID Bombacloth??

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari To Resign From Office Or Face Impeachment -- NJC / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members / Dollar Hits 335 Naira. Remove Kemi Adeosun And Emefiele Now...replace With!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.