Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members (7415 Views)

Army Releases Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Nigerian Army Frees 42 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / Jonathan Orders Release Of Detained Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by aljharem3: 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
…sets 20 other  prisoners free.

By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano.

KANO-Kano State governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has ordered security agencies  in the state to release suspected members of the Yusufiyya Movement, popularly known as Boko Haram,  as well as other sect members who are currently in their custody.

Gov  Kwankwaso gave the directive during an interview with newsmen after granting unconditional pardon to no fewer than 20 prisoners in the state. He stated that there was no justification whatsoever for the continued detention of the members of the religious sect.

Kwankwaso declared that at no time did the state government ever authorize any security agency to arrest or detain any member of any religious group.

“As a government, we consider all Islamic and Christian religious sects the same. It is the duty of government to embrace all religious groups toward peaceful coexistence among citizens,”.

Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso further said the state government was unaware of the alleged arrest of any member of any religious group, neither did the state government ordered the detention of members of the Islamist group.

“But if there is any member of the sect in detention, I am hereby calling on the security agencies to either release or charge such person to court within the time stipulated by the Constitution,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/kwankwaso-orders-release-of-detained-boko-haram-members/
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by aljharem3: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
when jonathan released massob then kwankwaso has every right to do the same

chikena
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Chyz2: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2011
He did this out of spite for Goodluck Jonathan releasing MASSOB members. I guess he thinks he has to do so to prepare for war.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by aljharem3: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2011
Chyz*:

He did this out of spite for Goodluck Jonathan releasing MASSOB members. I guess he thinks he has to do so to prepare for war.
brother

it is not to spite jonathan but just for jonathan to see how it is viewed in the country

lastly what war are u talking about
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Pukkah: 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
The delicate boat of this country is beginning to rock. There is likely to be more to this.

By the way, the Commissioner of Police in Kano does not report to the governor so why should he be ordered to release suspects?
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by russellino: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
If he released them because GEJ released massob members then he is a twisted and intellectually challenged Arrow. Even the dumbest person on earth can tell that massob and those depraved terrorists are no where near similar. Let's see what northern elders will say about this
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by naijaking1: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
alj_harem:

chikena

Mallam, mallam, mallam! How many times I call you name?

alj_harem:

…sets 20 other prisoners free.

By AbdulSalam Muhammad, Kano.

KANO-Kano State governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has ordered security agencies in the state to release suspected members of the Yusufiyya Movement, popularly known as Boko Haram, as well as other sect members who are currently in their custody.

Gov Kwankwaso gave the directive during an interview with newsmen after granting unconditional pardon to no fewer than 20 prisoners in the state. He stated that there was no justification whatsoever for the continued detention of the members of the religious sect.

Kwankwaso declared that at no time did the state government ever authorize any security agency to arrest or detain any member of any religious group.

“As a government, we consider all Islamic and Christian religious sects the same. It is the duty of government to embrace all religious groups toward peaceful coexistence among citizens,”.

Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso further said the state government was unaware of the alleged arrest of any member of any religious group, neither did the state government ordered the detention of members of the Islamist group.

“But if there is any member of the sect in detention, I am hereby calling on the security agencies to either release or charge such person to court within the time stipulated by the Constitution,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/kwankwaso-orders-release-of-detained-boko-haram-members/

This is a mistitle. He called on agencies to release or charge them to court, he actually didn't release them because the service chiefs of these agencies don't answer to him. You think, the GOC of the army command in the area will release suspects, just because the governor said so? The governor was not measuring d-ick--ks with GEJ and you know that.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by solomon229: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
God please see GEJ through 2015. Give him wisdom to accept he should quit and allow an able body to take over. How I wish those of us against his presidency will be proved wrong. I see dangers ahead.,.,.,
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by stiyke(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
does the police answer to governors? Anyways i bow for his logic. Btw this vanguard quoted him out of context and they failed to mention the question that prompted that statement.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by kizito96(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
Jonathan thought Presidency is only to wear bow hat and receive dignitaries. I think he is in for a big shit. Let him throw in the towel and call for election
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by nasoeb: 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
If this is true, then this country is finish lipsrsealed
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Nwayelugo: 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2011
Dat must be a misquote,d cp does nt answer to d governor,bt to d president, so i dnt see hw dat quote is possible,
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Orblonde: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
If that is the case then he can put BH on the terrorist list and that will give him freedom to lock them all up for 'as long as is needed'. That cannot be done to MASSOB as the world will laugh at such an attempt
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by WaltherPPK: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
alj_harem:

chikena
alhaji monkey, you are indeed an idiot.All your posts on this forum show that you are an slowpoke.Did jonathan or the court release massob members? This guy what kind of animal are you?
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by YoursGEJ(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2011
seriously?! Governance in that country has always been a joke. Lol
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by whyMMM: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2011
angryangryangry
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by congoshine(m): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
Governor dey fear cheesy cheesy

I think Jonathan has proven ,not everybody can be president. He's completely out of his depths. . .
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Nyntynplus: 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
Now kano are purely free from bomb blast,
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by nasoeb: 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
@Nyntynplus , Now kano are purely free from bomb blast,

Esately

gaskia mana
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by harakiri(m): 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2011
alj_harem:

chikena

Er, what have non-violent protesters (who weren't protesting when they were unlawfully arrested) got to do with well known terrorists who have killed,maimed and destroyed property worth billions? What has MASSOB got in common with people who fill the newspapers with stories of death and carnage on a daily basis. The Northern Elite want this country to disintegrate? Fine! They will get it. I sincerely hope they remember where the shipping ports are to export their products. Last time i checked, there is no sea port out there. Dem go starve die! Una neva know anything. Even Allah will shy away from them when he sees how impoverished they've become.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by thoth: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
Why would US officials pressure the army for their realease? Why would two US officials visit the governor ? Whats the purpose of the visit and why would they oppose making the interrogation done to the terrorists available to the press and public ?  Why has nobody put it to them that it is CIA that is running the Boko Haram(training and equipments) and the target is to put Nigeria in the spotlight ?
They have been setting up Nigeria as a terrorist country,fixing the image just as the did iraq and preping us up for war. The tried the underwear bomber but it did not rub off all that well. They went the terrorist route so by the time they are ready there would be scores of references that would justify foreign military assistance or even presence. Its time the nation unites .he underwear bomber but it did not rub off all that well. They went the terrorist route so by the time they are ready there would be scores of references that would justify foreign military assistance or even presence. Its time the nation unites .
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by otokx(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
The governor is a wise man and does not want any trouble in his domain besides any suspect in Nigeria should be charged to court in line with the rule of law.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
I mean boko haram is now a religious sect being equated with christian organisation. My president has just been ridiculed. Freeing terrorists. Only in nigeria. I mean boko haram is now a religious sect being equated with christian organisation. My president has just been ridiculed. Freeing terrorists. Only in nigeria.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by mbatuku1: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2011
I hope he doesn't regret when his state gets boko haramed in the future.
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by kpogede77: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2011
When I saw the caption ,I thought it was a joke. The sponsors of Boko Haram want to measure height with GEJ. This is a dangerous   message to the president whether he has the power to release them or not. Nigeria will break earlier than predicted. I SUPPORT THE RELEASE OF MASSOB MEMBERS, IT IS THE ONLY REASONABLE THING THE PRESIDENT HAS DONE SO FAR TO REDUCE TENSION
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by valicious1(m): 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
i think the governor is sending a very bad message across. IMO
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by NegroNtns(m): 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
How's Kano Governor releasing BH members from priosn different from Gej awarding amnesty to them with negotiation for monetary payout?
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by ogbongzky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 30, 2011
Nyntynplus:

Now kano are purely free from bomb blast,

So, if u dont support BH, your state might be bombed?
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by aljharem3: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2011
WaltherPPK:

alhaji monkey, you are indeed an .All your posts on this forum show that you are an slowpoke.Did jonathan or the court release massob members? This guy what kind of animal are you?

a beg shut it. the court got an order from above which is GEJ

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-747687.0.html
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by netghost: 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2011
tomorrow they will tell us they dont know who boko haram is
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
harakiri:

Er, what have non-violent protesters (who weren't protesting when they were unlawfully arrested) got to do with well known terrorists who have killed,maimed and destroyed property worth billions? What has MASSOB got in common with people who fill the newspapers with stories of death and carnage on a daily basis. The Northern Elite want this country to disintegrate? Fine! They will get it. I sincerely hope they remember where the shipping ports are to export their products. Last time i checked, there is no sea port out there. Dem go starve die! Una neva know anything. Even Allah will shy away from them when he sees how impoverished they've become.

my brother lets reason here

yes i agree with you on the non- violent nature of massob which is a plus for that

but you also have to agree with me that they have one thing in common, that is, they are both liable for treason in the court of law. agree!

Now Gej sent a wrong message when he allow the october bombing to go away just because his people were the ones bombing and as such Boko haram did the same i mean 5 times worse. ( Not that i support the group in any form)

Now when Gej release massob member, he is also sending a bad message to the country that a group/ organisation liable for treason can also get a release from an order form above.

well a state as well did the same, you people are complain

you see we are in a very bad period in this country where EVERY ACTION of the Mr president is been watched and replicated . the President should do the right thing always and as such would be found blameless
Re: Kano State Governor Orders Release Of Detained Boko Haram Members by Outstrip(f): 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
He said release them or charge them. I guess the reasoning here is if you have nothing to charge them for why keep them. This is a serious matter. If you cannot charge them with a crime it means that the real criminals are out there. The other thing is if they are being held for terrorist act where does the governor have a say. Shouldn't they be in a federal prison?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Subsidy Scam: Ifeanyi Uba Got More Than 11 States' Allocation - Prosecution / Naij: A History Of Nigeria (video Documentary By Jide Olanrewaju) / BreathTaking views from the beautiful city of Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.