Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's (7126 Views)

Doubts About The Catholic Church Docrine. / What Is The Future Of The African Traditional Religion (ATR)? / For Those Of You Who Have Doubts About Christianity, Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pagan9ja, ur thread don hit front page o.. Where u don waka go? Leave that chicken, come answer questions o tongue

1 Like

Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by GooseBaba: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2013
musKeeto:
Thanks man.

Moving to India made a huge impression on my life. All that you've earlier stated are indeed what makes up one's identity.

If the Chrisitans are so eager to discard the OT in the face of onslaught from the atheists, Africans should also be willing to forgive their ancestors for actions carried out in ignorance.

That said, I was back home last Christmas and I learnt a lot, though not enough, about hierarchies in Igboland and the osus and all..

Something interests me in your reply though, what do you mean by the basic concepts of paganism? And why do these spirits need worship? Do they interfere in human life?

And what is juju? Is it 'advanced science' or a truckload of superstitions mixed with bullshit?
Bros how you take put this question together? I hail oo!
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by Walexz02(m): 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nice thread, u said something about Gods/gods....
My question for you as a pagan, please what is the purpose of man on earth.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by Denn(m): 4:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
Denn: pa·gan/ˈpeɪgən/ Show Spelled [pey-guhn] Show IPA
noun
1. one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks. Synonyms: polytheist.
2. a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim. Synonyms: heathen, gentile; idolator; nonbeliever.
3. an irreligious or hedonistic person.
4. a person deemed savage or uncivilized and morally deficient.

polytheist  pol·y·the·ism/ˈpɒliθiˌɪzəm, ˌpɒliˈθiɪzəm/ Show Spelled [pol-ee-thee-iz-uhm, pol-ee-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
the doctrine of or belief in more than one god or in many gods.
source: dictionary.com

in line with the above definitions, it can be surmised that for reference purposes, a pagan is deemed to be an individual who has diverse beliefs in many gods, each for a specific purpose...so there is a god for fertility, a god for rain, a god for good health etc...

it takes a deep understanding of the way a human mind works in order to understand THE NEED for gods. the human mind is evidently bigger than his body and wanders in thoughts, ideas, postulations

things that follow basic natural laws are understood by the human mind and are acceptable in generic our thought process- we understand pain, love, etc. all these stem from the natural flow of human thoughts

it gets complicated when certain events occur, the basis of which is not understood in our flow of logic. Events like death, drought, floods, famine etc which are not recurrent events are viewed as extra-ordinary. Humans attribute these events to supernatural beings, hence the desire to appease them and worship them.

belief in pagan gods is an evidence of a lower sub conscious thought process and not explainable in this present age of scinece and innovation. The superior belief in God (very different from the belief in the man made gods) is totally different and not dependent on our thought processes
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by timilehin007(m): 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
ᵀᴴᴱ man yaf go away, save ur questions for onoda day
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
musKeeto: When African tribes were being pillaged and transported across the world into slavery, did these gods do anything to protect their people? Were there any warnings from these gods?

that is a very complex question, because it is a fact that the Gods do not interfere directly in human affairs.

However, where the SPirirtual Forces were being appeased and influenced greatly, and a lot of Ritualism going on (Dahomey,Yorubaland,AroChukwu,etc.,), the indigenes of the land were mostly safe, due to the ever increasing power of these Empires. also it i notcied that the Yorubas could hold back the Fulani jihad as well, to some extent.

as for warnings, i am not sure, because for that, we must go into historical details, and court records, and that of Chief priests.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
High_Chief: @Pagan 9ja: Do you believe in life after death? And what is your believe on EVOLUTION?

I believe in Reincarnation.

I believe in Evolution. it makes sense and is not contradictory to Paganism. we hold animals and all creatures in high regard.

go to a zoo and observe a Chimpanzee closely for a day. i did that.

you will get your answer. we are not descended from modern primates, bhowever we share common ancestry dating back millions of years.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by Nickydrake(m): 5:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
For some reason, Pagan9ja's responses on this thread reminds me of a character from my Michael Dibdin's book, Dark Spectre. The guy's name's Sam, or something like that.

Driving back from a night of heavy drinking and hard partying Sam and his friends are flagged down by a cop. Sam is riding shotgun, and is also in possession of a sizeable amount of Meth. Scared out of his wits by the possibility of a search, and reluctant to simply throw away two days worth of fine crystal, Sam downs all of it.

His eyes instantly acquire a celestial glimmer and he doesn't speak to any of his friends till they get home. Indeed he maintains a grave demeanour for days on end. And finally, somewhere in the middle of the book Sam founds a religion. cheesy

Sorry for straying, i just had to share.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
Libkid: Are all magicians pagan and if yes pls explain how they came about all these magic stuff

No! do you think famous magicians like chris angel,etc., are Pagans?

magic is differnt. it involve illusions and is mostly done for entertainment. we Pagans are to do with Spirituality and Religion.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
claremont: Is there any evidence that Satan, or whatever pagans worship, exists?

we dont worship satan neither do we believe in it or use this word. Pagans do not believe in absolute 100% evil.

Yes there is evidence.

(for example, Yorubas: )

do you believe in Creation, Fertility,War, Destructive Forces,etc.

then that is Olodumare, Oya, Shango,etc. to you. wink
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
the_ripper: Sorry for my Pidgin oga, but wetin b Pagan view on Creation of man. And wetin b d purpose of a Pagan on earth?

Evolution. (not dictated , however anything crated is attributed.) driven by the CReator Force / Spiritual Force of Creation. We give this Spiritual Force/ God different names (depending on your tribe, e.g., Chukwu, Olodumare, Saarkin Aljinnu, Ngai,etc. .
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
musKeeto: Pagan9ja, ur thread don hit front page o.. Where u don waka go? Leave that chicken, come answer questions o tongue

sorry brother. i am busy man. wink
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
the_ripper: And wetin b d purpose of a Pagan on earth?

Walexz02: Nice thread, u said something about Gods/gods....
My question for you as a pagan, please what is the purpose of man on earth.

Pagan mans purpose on Earth is to live like a human is intended. eat , work, sleep, reproduce, get drunk , die.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
Denn:

belief in pagan gods is an evidence of a lower sub conscious thought process and not explainable in this present age of scinece and innovation. The superior belief in God (very different from the belief in the man made gods) is totally different and not dependent on our thought processes

i dont understand what is with this notion of Paganism being backward?! please get rid of this image of us! We Pagans are not always half-clad ritualists running amok in the jungle. (not that it is a bad thing) . dont you understand that the greatest and first universities of religions, science,philosophy,etc., in the Ancient world were all established by Pagan scholars in Alexandria (EGypt), Greece, India, China, Japan,etc?!

do you know that Pythagoras, Archmedes, Aristotle, Plato, Confucious,etc., were all products of the Pagan school of thought? angry

Paganism evolves and thrives only if encouraged and patronized. remember, we dont go by any book. we are ever expanding and ever grwoing, like a newly sown seed, if given the right conditions. history is proof as to that.

why else do you think and i admit, Yoruba religion (IFA ORISHA), is more advanced than my own Maguzawa Hausa religion? (not superior though, both are equal in the essence).

Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
I see dead men everywhere. You all have been deceived and sold so cheap to this concept of Paganism.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
babypipsy: I see dead men everywhere. You all have been deceived and sold so cheap to this concept of Paganism.

cheap? ill teach you cheap you xtian! angry

go back to your pedophi.le thieving xtian pastors! angry
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nickydrake: For some reason, Pagan9ja's responses on this thread reminds me of a character from my Michael Dibdin's book, Dark Spectre. The guy's name's Sam, or something like that.

Driving back from a night of heavy drinking and hard partying Sam and his friends are flagged down by a cop. Sam is riding shotgun, and is also in possession of a sizeable amount of Meth. Scared out of his wits by the possibility of a search, and reluctant to simply throw away two days worth of fine crystal, Sam downs all of it.

His eyes instantly acquire a celestial glimmer and he doesn't speak to any of his friends till they get home. Indeed he maintains a grave demeanour for days on end. And finally, somewhere in the middle of the book Sam founds a religion. cheesy

Sorry for straying, i just had to share.

hahahahhaha! this is funny. i know what you did there. . grin

no but honestly, my conclusion is drawn from my personal extensive study. also im not a Pagan convert. I am born Pagan Tribal.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 6:00pm On Jan 29, 2013
why are you flaring if you are sure of your beliefs? you feel threatened already.
PAGAN 9JA:

cheap? ill teach you cheap you xtian! angry

go back to your pedophi.le thieving xtian pastors! angry
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
babypipsy: why are you flaring if you are sure of your beliefs? you feel threatened already.

no im flaing up at your unwarranted and provocative use of words, which has no context to what we are discussing.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
I pity you my friend. You better wake up from your deep & dreamless sleep. There's a giant star up in the sky offering you light.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
babypipsy: I pity you my friend. You better wake up from your deep & dreamless sleep. There's a giant star up in the sky offering you light.

OUT WITH THIS NONSENSE! angry

giant star it seems . . .

i have a electric-light offering me good light supply.

if you have questions please put them forward, or else ill tell you a story about a jewish man who had an affair with a prostitute. .
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
tell your story...I'm all ears & eyes.
PAGAN 9JA:

OUT WITH THIS NONSENSE! angry

giant star it seems . . .

i have a electric-light offering me good light supply.

if you have questions please put them forward, or else ill tell you a story about a jewish man who had an affair with a prostitute. .
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
babypipsy: tell your story...I'm all ears & eyes.

go away! angry
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
may be your story will send me away...Mr story teller.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by wazobiaforu(m): 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
Can you please explain your view on how human was created or who create human,animal and all natural things in life.

Open to know more
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by MicroBox: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
Islam say their is God some where,Xtians say their is God some where,Judaism saytheir is this same God some where,why cant pagans play save and follow one of these religion just in case. Though i believe their is God almighty the most gracious the most merciful.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Can you please explain your view on how human was created or who create human,animal and all natural things in life.

Open to know more

you meant the first human? THe first human, a.k.a., homo Sapien, evolved from a line of different apelike ancestors.

From a religious and SPiritual point of view, this evoltion and the creation of humans in the form as we know today, was influenced by the force of Creation/ The Creator Force. note that material actions have their Spiritual parallels.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
MicroBox: Islam say their is God some where,Xtians say their is God some where,Judaism saytheir is this same God some where,why cant pagans play save and follow one of these religion just in case. Though i believe their is God almighty the most gracious the most merciful.

can i ask you a question? who came first? your father or you?

In the same way, we Pagans came before judaism,xtianity and islam. THerefore they are the ones who should follow and learn from us not we from them.

and btw we say there Is God too. but unlike abrahamists, we dont say God is forever sitting up there in his heavenly abode on his golden throne, and waiting for human souls to come up. abrahamists take this literally. The Spiritual Forces are imbibed in everything. again it depends.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
So you descended from apes? but who created the Ape-like ancestors? At least I've asked a valid question...
PAGAN 9JA:

you meant the first human? THe first human, a.k.a., homo Sapien, evolved from a line of different apelike ancestors.

From a religious and SPiritual point of view, this evoltion and the creation of humans in the form as we know today, was influenced by the force of Creation/ The Creator Force. note that material actions have their Spiritual parallels.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
babypipsy: So you descended from apes? but who created the Ape-like ancestors? At least I've asked a valid question...

its a good question. the first cell could be attributed to the Creator Force. but then again , even the gradual evolution process and the creation of new species is as an influence of the Creator God, so either way it is the same thing. anyways, more research needs be done in this respect.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by babypipsy: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
Creator force, Creator God...how come?
PAGAN 9JA:

its a good question. the first cell could be attributed to the Creator Force. but then again , even the gradual evolution process and the creation of new species is as an influence of the Creator God, so either way it is the same thing. anyways, more research needs be done in this respect.
Re: Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
what happen when other religion where winning souls?
what happen to all the forces?

the concept of human killing is far away from it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"The Force" - Dr. Alberto Rivera (Ex-Jesuit Priest) / The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? / Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.