Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked (27848 Views)

Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / Why FG Suspended Comptroller General Of Immigration – Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Juwon25: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Strong head
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Stalemate(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2013
mdsocks:

I want to play the gbaguan master today...lol grin grin grin
u nor well oo grin
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by DaLover(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Eko Ile:

Face the topic of discussion, how I sleep is my business, not yours.

i hope your blind haterade of anything Igbo does not burn a hole in your heart, cos at this rate you would achieve more than hitler did, if given the opportunity and power....please show me where there is sack in the write up?

The statement signed on the minister's behalf, read thus: "I am directed to convey approval of His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele, GCFR President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, for you (Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma) to proceed on your pre retirement accumulated leaves.

"On behalf of the Hon. Minister of Interior and all members of the board, I wish to thank you for your service to Nigeria. The board wishes you good luck in your future endeavor. The statement by Dr. Attahiru concluded."

All the same, if the sack of an Igbo woman is what will give you joy that some pain has been brought to the Igbo nation...please feel free to indulge yourself in those fantasies...
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by kheart(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
Okechukwu stephen kechi is next for pickin out only ndigbos as nja reps in afcon. Just chilin and sippin my juice 4 d breakin newz
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Dede1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
The allegedly forced retirement of Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma, Nigeria’s Comptroller General of Immigration Service, for sticking to merit rather than quota system or federal character in appointment of her subordinates constitutes the reasons behind the vocal calls for disintegration of Nigeria.

The moment we go our different directions and cease to delude ourselves on nonsensical unity and one-Nigeria, I guess the better for everyone involved.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Fadelex(m): 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Dede1: The allegedly forced retirement of Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma, Nigeria’s Comptroller General of Immigration Service, for sticking to merit rather than quota system or federal character in appointment of her subordinates constitutes the reasons behind the vocal calls for disintegration of Nigeria.

The moment we go our different directions and cease to delude ourselves on nonsensical unity and one-Nigeria, I guess the better for everyone involved.
R u a learner?? Do u read papers @all....did u just say she insist on merit when she openly say they didn't advertise it so that terrorist will nt be employed... She distributed d slots and she never insist on merit... Get ur facts b4 commenting
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by confusion247(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
Dede1: The allegedly forced retirement of Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma, Nigeria’s Comptroller General of Immigration Service, for sticking to merit rather than quota system or federal character in appointment of her subordinates constitutes the reasons behind the vocal calls for disintegration of Nigeria.

You are completely on point. Quota system is a reward to laziness. Why don't we have quota system or federal character on allocation of oil blocks?
Nigeria is not one and can never be. That's the simple truth.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Fadelex(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2013
confusion247:
You completely on point. Quota system is a reward to laziness. Why don't we have quota system or federal character on allocation of oil blocks?
Jst as ur name says.... U'r confused...
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ethnic scum stinks on this thread. I am cleansed already so i'd not be drawn in to their misery anymore.

Grown up like Shymexx too cool
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
Nightshift: An Igbo woman is sacked and ethnic bigots clapping their hand here. Shame on peoples whom what matters in Nigeria civil services are ethnic/religious origin. At Murtala, 95% of immigration officials are often Northern or Yorubas. I hate seeing them harassing Igbos often at the Airport. All they do is look for Igbo name on your passport and questioning start. I have had hassles with some on two occasions .

But you know the reasons for that extra attention at the airport- not so? They are helping the NDLEA.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by AustineE1: 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
...i guess GEJ is in a mess,always sacrificing merit on the alter of appeasing the demi- gods of the North!i see him going into his inner chamber,room oo1 in Aso-villa shedding tears, for acting against his wish!for Chinyere(ex comptroller of immigratn),i urge you to come back home with your face up in the sky,you ve been a worthy ambassador of Nigeria and as usual with our igbo ladies, you ve attained the pinnacle of your choosen carrier,we are proud of you,your legacy at immigratn lingers on!other ladies from 'lesser clime' will only admire your strides,while a few others will be burning in envy,just as seen on Nairaland with tribal warlords!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by nagoma(m): 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2013
DaLover:

i hope your blind haterade of anything Igbo does not burn a hole in your heart, cos at this rate you would achieve more than hitler did, if given the opportunity and power....please show me where there is sack in the write

Igbo's will never allow this country to function. Today is the anniversary of their ethnic cleansing murderous coup of15 th January 1966- the beginning of all the trouble and they are still at it. This woman wanted to recruit only Igbos . She thinks this is Biafran immigration service . ; sad

1 Like

Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by AustineE1: 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2013
...i guess GEJ is in a mess,always sacrificing merit on the alter of appeasing the demi- gods of the North!i see him going into his inner chamber,room oo1 in Aso-villa shedding tears, for acting against his wish!for Chinyere(ex comptroller general of immigratn),i urge you to come back home with your face up in the sky,you ve been a worthy ambassador of Nigeria and as usual with our igbo ladies, you ve attained the pinnacle of your choosen carrier,we are proud of you,your legacy at immigratn lingers on!other ladies from 'lesser clime' will only admire your strides,while a few others will be burning in envy,just as seen on Nairaland with tribal warlords!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by confusion247(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
Fadelex:
Jst as ur name says.... U'r confused...
I am sure you are more confused, if you are not you would've proved me wrong. grin
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nightshift(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
nagoma:

But you know the reasons for that extra attention at the airport- not so? They are helping the NDLEA.
Really ? Like it's a Gaza-Strip treatment for Ndigbo? Nigeria is a big political theatre with seemingly unending scenario . So , they leave illegal immigrants all over the country and concentrate rather on molesting Igbos at Murtala? Disgusting ....
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Fadelex(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
confusion247:
I am sure you are more confused, if you are not you would've proved me wrong. grin
Cuz people like you are always looking @ issues frm a single perspective of ethnicity... Her time is up and she's been asked to proceed on terminal leave.... Y can't u people be reasonable for once and forget about all dis tribalism trash??
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by bomee(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
donchris369: Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
This is soooo dumb! Guy abeg dey try think before posting silly comments. #mscheeeew#
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by DaLover(m): 10:43pm On Jan 15, 2013
nagoma:

Igbo's will never allow this country to function. Today is the anniversary of their ethnic cleansing murderous coup of15 th February 1966- the beginning of all the trouble and they are still at it. This woman wanted to recruit only Igbos . She thinks this is Biafran immigration service . ; sad

I guess reading is a strange phenomenon to you? Was she sacked? You have rejected all advises to moderate brukutu intake, now see where it has gotten you....she retired normally and the report writer decided to add the last hot news item about her, that does not in any way mean she was retired be caused of that....
Now you attack her because she Favoured her people in recruitment, why single her out for a common place activity?
Before he rise of ND nationalism NDeltans were not Favoured in NNPC, northerners and SWers were sent on trainings, favorable postings etc...did anybody sack anybody?

Igbos will never allow this country to function so your solution is to organize bi annul killings on the slightest excuse...animal!
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by phapi(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2013
for d mere fact dat dis woman gave slots out wuld had never been a problem,but jst because d slot give to benue state wia d minister cums from was nt as much as he wanted made him to obstruct d CG recruitment exerise.take a luk a d puported slot alocated each states
The records made available to the Journalists shows that contrary
to the accusations that the highest beneficiary came from the
North-central with 22 per cent of the 23,316 staff, while the North-
west and South-south came second with 18 per cent
respectively, South-east with 15 per cent, South-west 14 per cent
and lastly North-east with 13 per cent.
Meanwhile, on the states basis, Imo State topped with 1,283 while
Moro's home state (Benue State) came second with 1,085; Delta
1,043, Kaduna 927, Kogi 916, Bayelsa 887, Kano 836, Edo 8228
Plateau 827 and Katsina 777 in that order; Ebonyi was
represented with 253, while the home state of Uzoma (Abia)
came 15th with 653 personnel.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by BetaThings: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2013

This is the original story

https://www.nairaland.com/1141943/fg-cancels-controversial-immigration-recruitment

bizgynbala:
Written by Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar

Tuesday, 25 December 2012 05:00

The Federal Government yesterday cancelled the controversial recruitment being done by the Nigerian Immigration Service following reports of slanted distribution of job slots as well as failure to advertise the vacancies.

Daily Trust reported in its edition of yesterday that the Immigration service has been conducting a secret recruitment exercise that allegedly favoured the Southeast, just three months to the exit of Controller General Mrs. Rose Chinyere Uzoma.

In a statement in Abuja yesterday, the Interior Ministry ordered that the exercise be canceled “until a more transparent, acceptable” procedure is adopted.

“Minister of Interior Comrade Abba Moro has directed the cancellation of the ongoing recruitment exercise in the Nigeria Immigration Service,” a statement by the minister’s spokesman Ubong George Udoh said.

“(The) Minister stated that following apparent controversy trailing the ongoing recruitment exercise in Nigeria Immigration Service, the responsible thing to do is to cancel the exercise until a more transparent, acceptable and effaceable platform is established to enlist qualified Nigerians into the service.

“Comrade Moro directed further that all appointment letters issued and documentations carried out stand cancelled, until the Civil Defence, Immigration and Prisons Service Board, meet to consider the waivers granted Nigeria Immigration service to recruit men and women into the service.

“Finally the Honorable Minister has also directed that forthwith all recruitment into the services of the Federal Fire Service, Nigerian Prisons Service, Nigeria Immigration Service and Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps are suspended until a more transparent exercise based on already established guidelines before such requirements will be conducted.”

Yesterday’s cancellation of the recruitment came on the heels of a probe opened by the House of Representatives Committee on Federal Character which had also asked the Immigration service to suspend the exercise.

Daily Trust reported yesterday that Uzoma appeared before the House committee last week to defend accusations of failure to publicly advertise vacancies and giving undue favouritism to the Southeast.

She told the lawmakers that the service did not advertise the jobs so as not to unknowingly employ terrorists, but the lawmakers reminded her that even the Military and Police are advertising their vacancies in spite of the prevailing insurgency.

She also said she had already obtained approval from the Head of Service of the Federation to employ 4,560 people.

The House committee found out that out of the over 25,000 existing Immigration staff, Uzoma’s husband’s state of origin Imo has the highest number with 1,190; Kano has 350; Lagos has 400; while Sokoto has the least with 200.

In the now cancelled recruitment exercise, Uzoma had offered hundreds of job slots to top government functionaries, including the Presidency which is offered 250 slots, Jonathan’s mother 40 slots, First Lady 100 slots, Interior Minister Abba Moro 100 slots, two commissioners of the Immigration board 30 slots each, and the Federal Character Commission 250 slots.

A source said the Federal Character Commission was given those job slots for giving the Immigration service waiver on the advertisement of the vacancies, but the commission’s spokesman Usman Jimada denied any wrongdoing.

Spokesman for the Immigration service Mr. Olumbar Joachim said on Sunday he was not aware of the Presidency getting offers to fill certain vacancies but added that there was nothing wrong with the Presidency or other officials making recommendations to the service.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by 1121: 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
visionbiafra: I hate Jonathan 4 dis. Jonathan hates d Igbos. Eventhought we voted massively 4 him he's been treating us unfairly nd hugging diz bea.sts in d north dat didn't even cast a tissue paper 4 him in d ballot box. D Igbos will b mad 2 vote 4 him in 2015
It is very unfair for u to say jonathan hates ibos. Have u taken statistics of key FG post under GEJ admin. Ranging from director of this to head of that. Thay are majorly ibo and hausa. If u ask me, i think jonathan admin has been very unfair to the yorubas and i know in due time God will fight 4 us. The only offence we commited is that our states are under the rulership of ACN, so 4 that we have no place in federal afair. I think that woman deserved what she got. How can u conduct an underground recruitment and employ mainly ur pple
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by confusion247(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2013
Fadelex: Cuz people like you are always looking @ issues frm a single perspective of ethnicity... Her time is up and she's been asked to proceed on terminal leave.... Y can't u people be reasonable for once and forget about all dis tribalism trash??

You are the one that is perfecting tribalism here. Look at my post again and tell me what makes it to be tribal.

confusion247: You completely on point. Quota system is a reward to laziness. Why don't we have quota system or federal character on allocation of oil blocks?
Try as much as you can to read in between lines before you start to attack people unnecessarily. I wonder how you will feel if you have 85% qualifications to be an immigration officer and you were denied that opportunity because of quota system or federal character, then someone with 45% qualification gets that job.
How many developed nation gives employment based on quota system or federal character and not on merit?
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by confusion247(m): 12:32am On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma: Igbo's will never allow this country to function. Today is the anniversary of their ethnic cleansing murderous coup of15 th February 1966- the beginning of all the trouble and they are still at it. This woman wanted to recruit only Igbos . She thinks this is Biafran immigration service . ; sad
I am so sorry for your demented brain. You defiled and stupidly refused all the good advice to stay away from weeds. Today, you've shown how weeds have done an IRREPARABLE and IRREVERSIBLE damage on your brain.
If IGBOS are not allowing Nigeria or your country to function, why not allow them to go and have their BIAFRA so that your country can function. Although you will not understand because of the situation and condition of your brain.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by demoore1(m): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2013
ANOTHER IGBO WOMAN A VICTIM OF THE TRIBAL NONSENSE IN NAIJA. GOD WILL SURELY SAVE US FROM YHE HSNDS OF YOURUBA AND HAUSA FANATICS
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by amor4ce(m): 2:01am On Jan 16, 2013
There's more...

[size=18pt]Nigeria Comptroller General Of Immigration, Rose Uzoma, Sacked[/size]
Posted: January 15, 2013 - 16:31
By SaharaReporters, New York
The Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service, Mrs. Rose Uzoma, has been retired from service.

Her retirement followed the recruitment scandal that rocked the Service in the last few weeks. The controversial recruitment, in which she was accused of favouring people from her region, had since been cancelled by the Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro.

Saharareporters learnt today that a strong petition was forwarded to President Goodluck Jonathan from the supervising minister, part of the petition read :
"The most recent posting of Men and Officers of the Service in which due process was initially followed with all required parties involved, including the Minister of Internal Affairs Mr. Abba Moro has been reversed by the comptroller.

Three weeks after the resumptions/reporting to their new beats, the CG of Immigration unilaterally prepared an impromptu circular (without the knowledge of the Minister of Internal Affairs and other stakeholders) to remove some of the newly posted officers and replace them with her loyalists.
An example is the Festac Passport Office in Lagos where there was an open confrontation between the newly posted officer (on the actual posting) and another officer (from Mrs. Uzoma list) was created on Thursday 10th of January, 2013."

Today's "retirement" was saving grace, as Mrs. Uzoma was asked to resign which she did.

Moro had issued a statement saying the former NIS boss had been allowed to go on her terminal leave.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria-comptroller-general-immigration-rose-uzoma-sacked
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by jadakiss213(m): 4:52am On Jan 16, 2013
grin u be real nusirat. ahn ahn![quote author=nusirat]What a same to end someone happiness,in fact am sincerely sympathise with her.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by otipoju(m): 5:57am On Jan 16, 2013
donchris369: Goodluck, Goodluck, Goodluck.... Patience your wife is not ok for you abi. Everyone is shouting for you to sack deziani and arunma otteh because they are corrupt, you have been defiant to heed to the cries of majority nigerians because you are hammering them. Now you are begging this woman too to taste her womanliness but she refused, what you will use to pay her is sack. Take it easy goodluck, stop looking at married women, there are so many young girls out there... My 2cents to you Gej
You must be really close to Jonathan to have seen all these take place.Are you his shadow
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by omoalaro: 6:17am On Jan 16, 2013
Nightshift: She probably recruited qualified people against the hellish quota system the ethnic/religious bigots often prefer . Or was there more to the allegations from Mallam Moro?

You can see ethnic and religious bigotry at its worst. See how Abba Moro, a Christian from benue state has suddenly become Mallam Moro.
You want to pretend not to hear about the bribe for jobs scandal going on in immigration?. Smh.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by abdulkayus(m): 6:45am On Jan 16, 2013
omo alaro:

You can see ethnic and religious bigotry at its worst. See how Abba Moro, a Christian from benue state has suddenly become Mallam Moro.
You want to pretend not to hear about the bribe for jobs scandal going on in immigration?. Smh.

dont mind d tribalistic bigot abeg. Always lookin at things frm tribal prism.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by tallfish145(m): 6:49am On Jan 16, 2013
This is what should hapen to any corrupt public officers. Good move by d president.
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2013
I can't still find the word "sacked" in this article. Or is what I read different from what these noise makers on this thread read?
Re: Comptroller General Of Immigration Service Sacked by Suljosh: 7:02am On Jan 16, 2013
visionbiafra]Eventhought [/quote]
Gbagaun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seven Persons Killed In Kano While Celebrating Buhari’s Victory / Abba Kyari’s Burial: Momoh Defends Presidency, Says Mourners Cant Be Chased Away / President Buhari, Obiano, Ebelechukwu Meet Behind Close Doors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.