Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Used Cars Wanted - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Used Cars Wanted (47746 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / Clean Nigerian Used Cars For Sale!!! *best Offer / Export Used Cars From U.s Into Nigeria At D Cheapest Rate Ever!(very Cheap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2006
BabaIbadan

I am done talking all that $hit about you. I am a going to also say sorry, i just wanted to make a point that we all have ignorance in all of us. I think civility is a better way to dialog. I said stuff in the thread, and you came at me wrong, and i retaliated with ignorance and anger. But i am done with my unruly behavior and will move to better things.

About Salvage cars, i really think it is a bad idea. Reason being that when you go to a salvage/Insurance Auction, you are really guessing what the extent of the damage to the car is. You cannot verify a lot of things. I for one will stay away from cars that have had damage to the chassis, even if it was fixed by the best mechanics. Also if the Airbag has popped, it is called a "Lemon" in our industry. When you buy a car salvage for shipping, you commit yourself to repairs that can take you places you did not expect. Cost and time may not be worth your trouble at the end of the day. There are better options out there, i do not think the salvage route is cost effective in the long run. Some people swear by it, but i am one that would not touch a salvage car with a 10FT Pole. The people that make money on salvage vehicles are the mechanics that have to repair them.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Omoboy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2006
Old Glory and Babaibadan nice one its good to see that peace is now in place. Old Glory i commend you for giving us your last info we are all brothers.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by babaibadan(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2006
@old glory
thanks for the info, i think i wont consider venturing into that business then. I really appreciate it, u are indeed a guru when it comes to Auto. I salute una. Thank God i asked this question, imagine wetin i for don lose. anyways if i have any more questions as regards auto i will get in touch. Peace!
@omoboy
yeah its allover.Peace!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by ateke2(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2006
oldglory n babaibadin
u guys have really entertained me
now to my question
@oldglory
how much will the latest model of
Nissan sunny wagon(manual)
cost me to get to port harcourt
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2006
Ateke2

We do not have anything like the Nissan Sunny in the US. We have the Nissan Sentra and that retails for about $16,000. Please go to www.NissanUSA.com and check out the models and pricing.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Kanyinsola: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2006
Old glory, I'm just curious if you live around Boston. I'm looking into buying a car before the winter starts prefarably Honda accord '93 (I have my reason for trying to get this model). I'll appreciate it if you can get back to me or you can mail me to Gentlespiritt@excite.com

Thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2006
Kanyinsola

I am so far from Boston MA, it is not even funny. But i am sure that model Honda will serve you well on Gas Prices. Except you want to modify it.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by qimpex: 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2006
Thank God, this thread is at peace again. Thanks ATLiens for settling your drift. Babaibadan, I'm based in Marietta, GA and licensed to buy all kinds of automobile at many auctions, let me know if we can work together. By the way does anyone have an ideal of the clearing cost and street value of the ff:

2001 Infiniti QX4
1999 Toyota Camry
1998 Nissan Pathfinder

Old Glory, I've been shipping via container, what's your thots about RORO? I'm considering trying it for my next shipment. Thx
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Ezecom(m): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2006
Old Glory

I can see you are baba when it comes to cars. I salute you, my brother!

I am based in Zurich, Switzerland and would like to purchase a used, clean Lexus SC400 or SC300 (the year will 1993-1997) for personal use in Nigeria. The cars are scarce in Switzerland and Germany. So am thinking of coming to search for one in the US.

Please what are the differences between Lexus SC400 and SC300? Which one will you advice me to go for? And how much can I buy them in the US?

Thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 12:49am On Aug 21, 2006
Ezecom

Sorry but you would have to do a 1999 or 2000 model to ship to Nigeria. But i think you will be looking about $9000- $11,000 depending on miles ETC. It has to be 8yrs or less to enter Nigeria.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Ezecom(m): 1:13am On Aug 21, 2006
Old Glory,

Thanks for your immediate response

Can't I buy any of the Lexus cars that is older than 8 years, ship it to cotonou and then bring it to Nigeria in Nigerian way. Do you think it's not possible or is it not advisable?

Thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 21, 2006
Ezecom,

It is possible, but not wise. Have you seen or heard about the offroad drive from Cotonou to Lagos or Ibadan? Your Lexus will have permanent suspension and chassis damage when the car finally arrives in Nigeria. It is not a wise investment to make. That is why a lot of these cars are sitting in Workshops in Nigeria with multiple problems that Mechanics cannot fix. Do not waste your money and time!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2006
MoneyMan

At this time, i would prefer just to help people with information. I am sorry but i am too busy to take on Business i will not be fully committed to. Sorry but no can do. I prefer to just help people with info on how not to make mistakes while buying a new or used car. Sorry Bro!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by akinwunmi(m): 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2006
please i need specifications and prices for Power Bikes in Nigeria. Prices should be atleast 90k and atmost 150k. You can call me on 08029048583. Please note that the bike must be a big one with big tires and not small ones.Thanks
Re: Used Cars Wanted by ozobemem(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2006
why not visit www.mototrader.net and see your dream cars here in Nigeria
Re: Used Cars Wanted by lexfrosty: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2006
ozo i think u need to shutup.
the mototrader site doesn't show cars that are affordable.
Most o the prices of used cars there are even more than the new ones out here on the streets.
Better correct that before people start calling you a fraud. angry
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2006
Lolol @Lexfrosty

I think the used car dealers in Nigeria, add a 100% profit Margin.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by lexfrosty: 8:44am On Oct 04, 2006
old shame i tell you man!
its really annoying. I amlooking for something small i can use while in nigeria for the next 2 months and i can't get anything on or less than 2k dollars.
see 1990 honda prelude there is going for over 2k dollars, a car i can't even touch with a ten foot pole even if it was selling for one nairaangry

old shame i would need your contacts if you're into the trade of car dealing.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SeyiJay(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2006
This is for Old Shame. Nice to chat wiv you here. I've been keenly following ur entries above on cars. I like to talk about cars very much. I'm presently using an early 90's Primera and i'm looking forward to trading it for a 4x4. Considering the 'niger' terrain, what economical ride would u best advise -in terms of cost? I have a liking for a Mit. Montero sport LE with full options - auto transmission, of course [incl. fog lamps, roof rack, chrome guard, etc. not the latest version anyway] Or a Nissan X-Terra. I observe u have mentioned bringing in Ford Explorer XLT for someone. I have this funny feeling about Ford autos in terms of parts availability, fuel economy, etc. What d'you think?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 6:39pm On Oct 11, 2006
SeyiJay

I am sorry i cannot elaborate much, but if i were you, i will go for the Nissan Xterra. It is more reliable and has a better resale value. But also i must say that the Montero Sport has had a bunch of Recalls, and i am sure the market in Nigeria is flooded with Montero Sports that have not been rectified.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SeyiJay(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2006
Thx, ol' shame 4 ur reply. One gadget that freaks me in a lot of 4x4s is this group of 3 gauges usually mounted centrally on the dashboard, one of which indicates the engaged drive mode - 2WD or 4WD [rear whhels only or all 4 wheels, for better traction], the other indicating the vertical gradient of the vehicle [degree of climb in off- road situation], and the 3rd, i'm not 2 sure but i think it indicates the degree of bend [horizontal], so that you know the tilt level limit. [am i correct?]
I've seen this gizmo in a few Mit. - the reason for my likeness for the Mon. Sport Limited Ed.
For the X-Terra, i haven't seen such. I like my ride to be full of indicators, u know? An interesting interior, to me, is cooler than the exterior. What'd'u think? What year is the X-Terra, and the price range - to have it in Lag - roro and contained?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2006
SeyiJay

I think you can get a 2000-2001 Nissan Xterra for about $10,000 landed in Lagos Using RORO. I do not think it is wise to put it in a container, it is not worth the trouble. It will not be cost effective either. But the Nissan is a much better vehicle than the Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Go and Test Drive both Vehicles and you will see the difference. But whatever you decide, i hope i was helpful.

Good Luck.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by lexfrosty: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2006
Oldshame,

you didn't answer my previous question

and here is another: what is RORO? smiley
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2006
RORO=Roll on, Roll Off. That means you are just driving the vehicle on and off the ship.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by duwdu: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2006
Old Shame,

Let's just say that your wisdom, understanding, and patience on this board appear to me quite remarkable. Please keep it up. Now to my own questions and request for help to you:

My premise is that after much research, I have decided to go for a brand new 2007 Hyundai Azera Limited (i.e, fully loaded, even with Xenon lamps if they can be fitted!). Already, this will tell you I do not at this point care about re-sale value or reliability per se, I just want to believe am getting, say, a BMW 530i for the price of a Camry ( grin grin grin) and just going for that class of luxury and ride comfort. Although the 2007 Azera may not be available via the dealership in Lagos for another couple of months, their price range via the dealer is about 6 million Naira. Now, does it make sense for me to import this car ASAP from the US to Lagos? What is your estimated costs? From which port in the US? Based on your reasoned earlier posts, I now know I should RORO!

Having said all that, am not averse to any other advise you may kindly profer to me, even something that may suggest another brand. I've previously owned a 1983 BMW 520i from new for several years, so I'll consider myself lucky if I can get over what some or even yours truly may call "brand snobbery."

Many thanks!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by honey001(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2006
hello old glory,
I have gone thru all the advice you gave to nairaland users on shipping and clearing cars and i think i entered this thread at the right time. one of my friend based in US wants to ship a ford expedition 1998 model, pls can u give me an estimaate of how much will it cost to ship and clear.
thanks in advance.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2006
Duwdu

The 2006/2007 Azera is being advertise as a Cheap German Car Built by the Koreans in their Brand new plant in Alabama. Now the good news is that it is Built in the USA, the bad news i have test driven the Car and the i have also driven the 2005 BMW 750IL. Now the BMW cost about $70k and the Azera retails for close to $29K. But they are worlds apart. I think the Azera has some nice features and would advice you buy it from the USA FOR a lot less, but i think you should wait and test drive it before you do anything. Other Options will i would recommend is the 2005 Cadillac CTS www.gm.com or the 2005 Acura TL www.acurausa.com. Better drive in my humble opinion and better value overall. The only down side for you in Nigeria would be Parts and service, that is now where the Hyundai becomes more attractive.

Good Luck
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2006
Honey001

Shipping from the Eastcoast of the USA it will cost $1500 and clearing will cost you about N350k.

GoodLuck
Re: Used Cars Wanted by honey001(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2006
Thanks very much for the prompt reply, you are indeed a good fellow,the agent i once contacted said we should pay $3500 for the clearing, which i think it too much, can u link me with an agent here in naija.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by duwdu: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2006
Old Glory,

Thank you very much for the reply - you've added real value, and am having to do further research and sharpen my strategy. The comparison with a 7 series is useful, and I'll welcome a comparison with a 5 series as well, although I doubt there'll be much of a deviation from your conclusions.

Could you or others please inform me as to the approximate amount (or percentage of the purchase price?) one would be required to pay at a Lagos port to clear a brand new car? Such info will help me figure out the total landing cost of a new car.

Once again, thanks.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 5:18am On Oct 27, 2006
Honey

I am sorry i do not have any names i can recommend. All i do is ship to Nigeria, and i try not to deal with the hassles of Nigeria.

Duwdu
I am sorry, but i am not sure what percentage you will have to pay! I will guess about N700,000.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by duwdu: 5:16pm On Oct 27, 2006
Thanks Old Glory, I'll work with at least such a ball-pack figure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SHINING WHITE 2008 Range Rover SPORT **Collab Of Fhemmmy And Olanshi**NIJA PIX** / Vin Check...Vin Check...Car History.Know Everything About That Car.. / Most Expensive Luxury Cars You May Think They Never Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.