Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Used Cars Wanted - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Used Cars Wanted (47771 Views)

Buying Naija Used Cars...how To Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle!!! / Clean Nigerian Used Cars For Sale!!! *best Offer / Export Used Cars From U.s Into Nigeria At D Cheapest Rate Ever!(very Cheap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Used Cars Wanted by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Oct 28, 2006
At old glory,

someone wants to sell a benz 190 for 400k here in Nigeria, what is your opinion?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by OldGlory1(m): 3:06am On Oct 29, 2006
Otoks

That is a Good Question, do you by any chance have a Picture of the vehicle?Do not pay more than N350k.

FYI: I will be in Nigeria/Ghana/SA on Vacation from December20th - February 4th. I am sorry but i will not be around to answer Automotive questions during that time period. I guess i will resume my freelance Automotive review when i get back to the USA in Feb.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by otokx(m): 2:51am On Oct 30, 2006
what are the pros and cons of benz 190?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by SeyiJay(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2006
Ol' Shame, how u dey? Need your opinion on this. The '89/90 Nissan Primera looks very much like the Infiniti G20, u would agree. Is the Infiniti car an american response to the japanese auto maker? I bet i could use a few parts of the G20 as replacement for my Primera. Am i right? Do they have same engine as well? Again on Mitsubishi, the Nativa and Montero Sport LE look too similar. Are these automakers crazy enough to give us old wine in new bottles, or what, with a few variations, of course? Wishin' u a cool vac and merry xmas in advance,
Re: Used Cars Wanted by layifioren(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2006
SeyiJay,
The Nissan Primera is same as the Infiniti G20. Nissan owns Infiniti and what they did was that they transferred Primera to there luxury line which is Infiniti. That's how they operate in the states. It's just like Toyota Landcruiser but it's called Lexus Landcruiser in the states now. I hope this helps.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2006
This is responding to Seyijay.

The concept of giving the same cars 2 differnt names is called "Rebadge engineering". Its not that they think the consumers are crazy but its done for several reasons.

1. Image.
People on the "come up" might not mind driving a primera. However some big boys might think they are too big for nissan. so they buy infiniti g20. which is essentially the same car so the manuf. gets to satisfy 2 diff sets of with one product.

A case in point.Believe it or not Lexus, though made in Japan was targeted mainly for the US. I say "targeted mainly". even though its made by toyota. The same Lex 400 is sold in japan as a simple toyota for years. its not until last year sept that lex 430 is available in japan. sold as lex. As crazy as it sounds, lex will be produced in japan ans shipped outside in entirety without any one being sold in japan. that only stopped last year.
If lex has been shipped to US as a toyota, i guarantee you they will fail simply cos fo image. Rich people dont want to say they drive toyota

2. Economy.
On the side of the manuf. they get to spead out the same product over several brand and charge for it like crazy. If you walk into nissan dealership and say you want a primera brake pads. they may say $25. however same pads labelled as infiniti will be about 30% more cos you pay more for infiniti.

so if you know what cars are equivalent. you will save a lot of $$$ if you buy the cheap equivalent. its same thing by same manuf.

hope it helps.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by idygee: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2006
Old Glory,
I am interested in a car i could buy at $2000 for cost and shipping to Naija and through Port Harcourt or Calabar Port.
Please give me details so we can discuss.
I love ur frank disposition to answering questions.
Treat my interest same.
Thanks, keep it up.
Godwin
Re: Used Cars Wanted by shaiguy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2006
Hi Oldglory,

I guess u are on holiday right now but i couldn't just resist asking.

AM being offered the following cars at 1.5 milion naira, do u think am getting a good deal or could it be a fraud?

which of the lot would u advice i go for, considering cost, fuel consumption, features and maintainace? i was thinking the 2001 jeep?

1999 Isuzu Rodeo
2001 Ford Explorer
2003 Honda CRV
2001 jeep grand cherokee
2000 jeep grand cherokee

Please advice

Have a lovely xmas
Re: Used Cars Wanted by superman(m): 1:20am On Dec 26, 2006
old glo! holla lookin out ! hope u safe wherever u are
Re: Used Cars Wanted by wil4sure: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2006
@ old glory i'm equally interestd in getting things down 2 lagos 4rm US.my email is wil4sure007@yahoo.com .08033829014.lets talk biz
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Temi1(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2006
I need a clean Toyota Carina E(2000 model) with following specifications:
Auto transmission
Factory fitted A/C
Power windows, mirrors
SRS Airbags
Would like a car in top condition and preferably from the US. If u r in the US and can ship the car to nigeria, email me on lets talk business.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 5:21am On Dec 30, 2006
theres no carina E in the US. We have corolla, camry, camry solara, echo, highlander (jeep), rav4, 4runner, land-cru,
Re: Used Cars Wanted by EvilSlayer(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2006
promise72:

theres no carina E in the US. We have corolla, camry, camry solara, echo, highlander (jeep), rav4, 4runner, land-cru,

How do you know we don't have Carina in the US, you talk like you know anything, Nonsense. *hisses*
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 5:36am On Dec 30, 2006
keep your blind eye open for texas and show me where carina dey. you dey drink?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by EvilSlayer(m): 5:39am On Dec 30, 2006
It's Texas not texas dumb-ass you go school so ? angry
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 5:40am On Dec 30, 2006
pls educate me mr teacher. punkass
Re: Used Cars Wanted by EvilSlayer(m): 5:47am On Dec 30, 2006
promise72:

please educate me mr teacher. punkass

I'm help your stupid self. First you always start a new sentence with a capital letter, also it's Mr not mr. Go back to your High School and ask for your money back cause you a disgrace. angry
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 5:50am On Dec 30, 2006
english master. this is a fuc##3 forum. you go around with you c in english trying to lecture. you dey craze.

wetin i do you sef. you must be bored. anyway spell texas anyway you want. its still a dump. its a hell hole. Cali is where it is. zucker!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by promise72(m): 5:51am On Dec 30, 2006
you don eeven have the balls to show youre online. you're more welcome to come borrrow my balls. got enuf 2 spare
Re: Used Cars Wanted by rafcrown(m): 12:08am On Jan 04, 2007
CARS FOR SALE
NISSAN PRIMERA N450,000
DAIHATSU N450,000 AND
NISSAN SERENA N750,000

ALL IN GOOD CONDITIONS

DIRECT IMPORTER OF VEHICLES FROM GERMANY
ALSO AVAILABLE COMMERCIAL BUSES- VW,MAZDA ETC
Re: Used Cars Wanted by forgiven(m): 4:31am On Jan 14, 2007
PLEASE I NEED AN AGENT TO CLEAR A CAR.

AGENTS IN THE HOUSE? HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by foruma(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2007
Hi ppl. Happy new year, ( a little belated, I know)

I am looking to buy a new Toyota Corolla LE "AT", preferably with full options.

http://www.toyota.com/corolla/models.html

My contact: forumadict(at)yahoo.com.

Thanks folks.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by psychology(f): 2:40am On Feb 13, 2007
i am living in uk i am coming to usa next week. I want to buy 2 suvs I have shipping arrangements with company in new jersey what do you have for sale i have ten thousand dollars to spend yipee
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Democrat(m): 2:41am On Feb 21, 2007
OK Guys!

I see you all have missed me. This is your boy Old Glory!! I just open my own Auto outfit in the USA and i have all the tools to answer any question you might have or fill your needs. My Vacation was cool, Nigeria was fun, i do not know how you guys survive out there, God Bless you all that live it up there. I cannot live there any more. But anyway, i am very busy and i will try to help "As much as i can". Go ahead and let me have it.

Democrat formerly Old Glory!!
We took back the House and Senate in America and we swept the Governorship races and in 2008 Hillary or Barack will be residing on Pennsylvania Ave!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by ajibade79: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2007
Democrat,

I am happy that you enjoyed your vacation in Nigeria. I believe that this Country will change for the better.

Anyway, someone told me that I can get a Toyota Camry 1999 Model for about N1.2m (Cost + Shipping) here in Nigeria.

Please can you confirm if this possible? What will be the condition of this type of car? Is it advisable to go ahead with this option or alternatively get a Kia for about N1.7m.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by superman(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2007
well DEmo crat

happy to have u back and hppy new year as well!! ALL THE BEST

can u check emm volvo s70 and or less years old for me in usa . price and conditions etc for me

ur brov superman

much respect!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by lewa(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2007
Old Glory! winkMissed you lots!Glad you're back though!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Democrat(m): 6:49am On Feb 22, 2007
Lewa

Thanks i am glad to be back home in God's own Country, but the cold no get part two sha!!

Superman

What year S70 are you talking about?

Ajibade

I would advice you to go for the Camry, i think you should be able to get it for N1.2Million easy! Just check the VIN number and seatbelt and door panel to make sure you are getting a 99 and not a 97. Send me the VIN number before you buy and i will advice you better.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by skosko02: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2007
Old Glory or any other used car guru on this forum, can you please tell me how much a Toyota Yaris Hatchback is? How much approximately would I spend on shipping?
Re: Used Cars Wanted by Democrat(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2007
Skosko02

What year Yaris? 2006 or 2007. I think you should budget btw $12500 - $13500 to landed in Lagos.
Re: Used Cars Wanted by superman(m): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2007
DEmo

s70 8yrs and less i mean 7 , 6 5 yrs down

and what do u think about that car is it strong can it survive in nigeria after long journey and stuff !

still me brov

much respect!!
Re: Used Cars Wanted by lewa(m): 9:53pm On Feb 22, 2007
Old Glory, true talk!Hope say u no mind me refering to you as O.G!Never used to Democrat. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

SHINING WHITE 2008 Range Rover SPORT **Collab Of Fhemmmy And Olanshi**NIJA PIX** / Vin Check...Vin Check...Car History.Know Everything About That Car.. / Most Expensive Luxury Cars You May Think They Never Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.