Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,105 members, 7,957,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? (45971 Views)

Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. / Did Our Foremothers Use Menstrual Pads Or Tampons? / Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 11:22pm On Mar 14, 2010
mama-gee:

I use a purewater bag, Daft thread!

says the person who open a thread titled orange vs banana embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ayettymama(f): 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
lolz

does anyone here use menstrual cups??

these oyibo people are on another level!!

crazy people!

@op kaii wat kind of question??
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^^ i saw the ad and demonstration once on tv. i still don't get it. the tip its like a rubber tampon and it stores the fluid in a container. . . still dont get it undecided

[img]http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/htitus/images/Menstruation/menstrual-cup.jpg[/img]
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ayettymama(f): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2010
i just think its disgusting!!

and prob smelly!!!

gna be those recyclin freaks tha use it i guess
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2010
ayettymama:

lolz

does anyone here use menstrual cups??
these oyibo people are on another level!!

crazy people!

@op kaii wat kind of question??

eeewwww, Someone was trying to sell those to me sometime ago, she was sayin something about it been economical and environmentally conscious, but the cleaning part, eeewwww, lol
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by skfa1: 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ Dominique

Seeing that for the first time in my life  shocked   shocked   shocked
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2010
skfa1:

@ Dominique

Seeing that for the first time in my life  shocked   shocked   shocked

its pretty new.
you take it out, clean it and re insert it again. . . thats just sick tongue
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ayettymama(f): 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2010
lolz npo mind these environment freaks

then and thier theories!!

i find it difficult recyclin a pair of shes, talkless of a menstrual cup!!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ayettymama(f): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^ dont forget its damn expensive!!

one pack is like £30
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by skfa1: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
dominique:

its pretty new.
you take it out, clean it and re insert it again. . . thats just sick tongue

Thats damn crazy, honestly is not easy being a woman
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ayettymama(f): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
^^ lolz
yet the men still insult us on nl everyday!!

no mind them joo
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Sissy3(f): 4:17am On Mar 15, 2010
dominique:

says the person who open a thread titled orange vs banana embarassed lipsrsealed

wondering why she called it "daft thread"and still purposely replied it twice. shouldnt "smart" people know when/how not to reply to"daft" threads

mama-gee u r confusing me oo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mamagee3(f): 8:43pm On Mar 15, 2010
~Sissy~:

wondering why she called it "daft thread"and still purposely replied it twice. shouldnt "smart" people know when/how not to reply to"daft" threads

mama-gee u r confusing me oo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Are you going to eat your heart out cause I replied two times to this daft thread. . .
Shouldn't you be jubilating that I replied to this terrible thread twice, please let me read better thing.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2010
mama-gee:

Are you going to eat your heart out cause I replied two times to this daft thread. . .
Shouldn't you be jubilating that I replied to this terrible thread twice, please let me read better thing.

who begged you to reply so why should anyone jubilate that you're replying to the supposedly "daft thread"
you need to learn how to ignore this reply button sometimes
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mamagee3(f): 12:37am On Mar 17, 2010
^^Tell me you're the same hater who wants me banned sooo bad. grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chamotex(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2010
I use both
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mukina2: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2010
chamotex:

I use both
na news? cheesy

always knew na ya you be gay grin grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2010
chamotex:

I use both

na [i]she[/i]male you be shocked shocked cheesy tongue
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chamotex(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
dominique:

na [i]she[/i]male you be shocked shocked cheesy tongue

Why don't you come find out tongue tongue
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dominique(f): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
chamotex:

Why don't you come find out tongue tongue

what's there to find out? did you not just confirm it? tongue
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chamotex(m): 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2010
dominique:

what's there to find out? did you not just confirm it? tongue

You can come for concrete confirmation now
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by sisisisi1: 4:25am On Apr 19, 2011
You girls are super naive! hahaha.
I am currently 17 years old, almost 18, and tampons are not bad at all!
It took me the longest time to insert one, I seriously tried for about a year.
The first time, it felt super dry, and I didn't put it in high enough, so pulling it out wasn't the best feelings.
BUT, don't be discouraged! I tried again, and tampons are the best.
You don't feel like you're sitting in your period blood all day, it's super neat, you can really do anything with it!

To girls who think you lose your virginity when inserting tampons. YOU'RE JUST BELIEVING A COMMON MYTHHH!
Virginity doesn't mean your hymen breaking. 'Losing your virginity' means having a penis enter a vagina for the first time.
Many girls have already broken their hymens when they're young from bike riding, horse back riding, falling of swings or anything, or any little thing.
And you don't refer to those girls as not being virgins.
VIRGINITY has to do with sex. vaginal sex for the first time.

So please, try tampons. you'll see how great they are once you do!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by ethereal(f): 9:58am On Apr 19, 2011
I use pads ALWAYS.attempted 2 use tampoons once bt did a shoddy job of it & chikened out.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Sissy3(f): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2011
tampons are hard getting used it. requires a little effort and practice but are really comfy once used it. but the practice turns most people off grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by kandiikane(m): 3:57am On May 05, 2011
Let me introduce you to virginity:

Using a tampon if you a virgin does not mean you have been disvirgined by the Tampon
If you break your hym[i]e[/i]n through Tampon insertion does not mean you are disvirgined
Many people are born without hymens and it does not mean they are not virgins
Punny Virginity= have not had any Pen[i]i[/i]s insertion in your punny whether hymen or no hymen
Anal Virginity=See above

Back to topic:
Tampons can be really good if you are out and about or maybe you want to wear an outfit that will look awkward with a pad on.
It is discreet, easy and manageable once you get a hang of it.
There are women who get really heavy flows and sometimes abit of leakage can occur staining the panties so I recommend you use the Highest absorbency and pantyliners if you know you are prone to heaven flows.
But do not forget your Tampons inside of you because I know there are girls who forget it and it will start to smell and cause Toxic Shock Syndrome.
The makers Recommend it to be used for up to 8hours max but I say change every 4-5hours if you are a low flow or if it starts to leak if you are a heavy flow(bout 3hours maybe sometimes less depending on the heaviness)

Pads can be very good if you at home or at nighttime.

Warning:
Do not cook for people when you are on your menses.
You can cook for yourself.
It is quite unclean spiritually and to cook for people is unclean
If you are not spiritual and you feel it does not matter you can cook.
Do not enter the house of God if you are unclean(unless you do not care)
Do not let your husband, boyfriend see your menses or any other person.
Do not have sex on your menses unless both of you guys like that kinky sh[i]i[/i]t.(Spiritually unclean)
Make sure you do not leave any staining around the house it is very unsightly.
Not everyone has to know you are on your menses
Clean after your self
Stay fresh cool
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Sissy3(f): 2:56am On May 06, 2011
kandiikane:

Warning:
Do not cook for people when you are on your menses.
You can cook for yourself.
It is quite unclean spiritually and to cook for people is unclean
If you are not spiritual and you feel it does not matter you can cook.
Do not enter the house of God if you are unclean(unless you do not care)
Do not let your husband, boyfriend see your menses or any other person.
Do not have sex on your menses unless both of you guys like that kinky sh[i]i[/i]t.(Spiritually unclean)
Make sure you do not leave any staining around the house it is very unsightly.
Not everyone has to know you are on your menses
Clean after your self
Stay fresh cool[/color]

na wetin man pikin no go feel hear bikonu. oga oo
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by denzel2009: 1:45pm On May 06, 2011
Kandiikane, stop calling it Menses. It makes you sound like a very old school.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by kandiikane(m): 5:34pm On May 06, 2011
lol, I am old school cool
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by lepasharon(f): 2:54am On Dec 24, 2011
Dose of you shouting tampon This tampon that,after inserting the tampon you still have to wear a pad to absorb any excess flow that leaks out.
So its pretty much the same isnt it? undecided
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by kandiikane(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2011
^^^You either have been using a lower absorbency or you have been leaving it for too long.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by hannydarl(f): 10:54am On Aug 03, 2012
Tampons, tried it and never turned back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? / Eat These Foods If You Want To Prevent Cancer And Live Longer / Majemun Lailai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.