Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? (45954 Views)

Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health. / Did Our Foremothers Use Menstrual Pads Or Tampons? / Is It Normal To Throw Up Every Time You Get Your Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2006
wonder who else is on that list
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Zahymaka(m): 1:07am On Aug 20, 2006
bluenubian:

wonder who else is on that list

Very special ladies! kiss
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 1:43am On Aug 20, 2006
aww, i feel so special now
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by desiree(f): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2006
@ topic

PADS, no tampons for me embarassed I tried the tampons once, it was okay for a while and then it started getting painful, this might sound yucky, but I have rather heavy flows and I get a little bit of clot, I won't want that to be stuck up there without flowing freely.
The pads are not the most discreet things in the world but what options do I have, change as often as possible and keep myself clean.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Hugoboi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2006
yuk!!!!! sucx like hell!!!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by nike4luv(f): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2006
paddies
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by gem87(f): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2006
same here
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Cleofel(f): 4:52am On Aug 21, 2006
it depends,i use tampons when i wear white pants\trousers.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by SS4: 7:27am On Oct 23, 2006
You know, let's just say this and justify everything~ instead of reading comments that are bias smiley

Pads: They tend to get heavy, can be uncomfortable-but does not have the shock syndrome, also it gathers "clumps"
Tampons: Does not remind you that you're having your period, but keeps "clumps" within you that are meant to come out, really comfortable (if you know how to put it in), can cause infection

Both: Does not guarentee 100% leak free (when sitting, might not catch for pads, overflows for tampons, )

Conclusion: in the end, each person has it's own preferences, you can also try both switching from one to another to match your clothes (tampons are better with tight pants, cuz it doesn't show the shape of the pad)
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by miley: 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2007
undecided
ok so im a 7th grader and im on my period <well of course> and i HATE pads but ive got no idea with the tampons i know how to put in and take out but how do you know when to take them out, do they hurt when you do, how do you know the right size of the tamponyou should use, and how far do you stick em up

PLEASE get back to me
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by OmoEko1(f): 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2007
I really like tampons better than pads becos it's very comfortable and not messy grin grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by spoilt(f): 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2007
tampons.
seriously pads weigh me down and i am so concious of them. checking and rechecking on it. drives me crazy. with tampax u forget u are on your period and you go about your daily activities.why would anyone use anything else?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by teemine(f): 1:54am On Mar 27, 2007
Tampons r great.i can't imagine myself using pad again.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by beckygirl(f): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2007
hi all,

I always use pad and i thaught is the best, pls enlight me on this tampons.
give me details about and let me know where to get it. grin grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by spoilt(f): 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2007
its sold in chemists in naija or supermarkets. its basically cotton that you wear inside you.its inserted with an applicator. it has directions and pictures on how to use it inside the box.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Sexyabby(f): 1:44am On Mar 30, 2007
i use pads cuz its more easy to wear nd its not painful, i don't really like tampons cuz its painful when u try to insert it in but both tampons nd pads r healthy.And if u forget to remove a tampon,u could get infected.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by anabell(f): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2007
i use pad{always] never tryed tampons
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mukina2: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2007
Pads all the way . kiss
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 3:09am On Apr 11, 2007
anabell:

i use pad{always] never tryed tampons

when u do try it, and use it well, u ll wonder why u never tried it earlier
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by mohawkchic(f): 3:36am On Apr 18, 2007
~Am goin to share a story w/you guys,am LMAO already,when i was about 8 goin 12,lol,i got really really curious as to what was in that packet i see in my mum's drawer,so naturally,a child's curiousity got the better off me,i got one pad out,stuck it on my undies,only,i stuck it the wrong way embarassed, oooh jeez,i had it on for an hour,obviously,it wasnt comfortable,and it had started to hurt,i went to the loo to take it off,and u know what,i wudnt come off,i went screamin to my mum embarassed,ooh i have never been more embarrassed,to teach me a lesson,my mum yanked it off so hard,lmao,i cried hard too,lol,needless to say i never touched a pad again till i was sixteen!!!

~So Tampax it is for me and always been ~ somehow have never been able to convince any of my girlfriends to use it,to this day,i havent one convert,lol,its always the assumption that it hurts,but it so doesnt,its discret to carry around too,but again i guess its what you're comfortable with grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by DewDrop(f): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2007
[center]LMAO @ mohawkchic

Except that same thing happened to me!!
Though I was 9/10
And i intentionally stuck the gluey part to myself- i mean that's how it stays on right?
Though, I never made a correlation between my dislike of pads and that incident
Hmmm-
I def, can;t stand pads- eww, so messy!
Ugh!

If tampons hurt you, you are using the wrong size
Yea, they do some in sizes! from Junior to Super Plus
Try a junior starter kit or something![/center]
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by spoilt(f): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
those of you who say tampons are painful obviously have never tried it. hear say!
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by IBBFan(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2007
SIMPLE. i ALWAYS use TISSUE PAPER. cool
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by spoilt(f): 1:33am On Apr 20, 2007
after wanking right? grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by IBBFan(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2007
spoilt, please don't spoil me oo!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by bluenubian(f): 3:24am On Apr 27, 2007
IBB Fan:

SIMPLE. i ALWAYS use TISSUE PAPER. cool

woah so u bleed too?
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by deyour(f): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2007
bluenubian:

woah so u bleed too?

I wonder
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by tenor(m): 7:00pm On May 10, 2007
I use 2 tampons and one pad cos my flow is so damn heavy. grin
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by chiogo(f): 8:14pm On May 10, 2007
I use pads, never tried tampons but I will in the nearest future. I'm just scared of 'em right now. Pads aren't that comfy either. undecided
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by dinnerm(f): 9:27pm On May 10, 2007
pads ofcourse.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by Ollie39: 11:28pm On May 12, 2007
I use both.
Re: What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? by CALIF0RNIA(f): 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2007
Well, I personally use pads because im affraid that the tampon will become stuck inside me, and that it will have more of a chance of leaking. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? / Eat These Foods If You Want To Prevent Cancer And Live Longer / Majemun Lailai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.