Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Helicopter Crashes In Central London - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (13166 Views)

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... / Topless Women March In Central Park For Right To Bare Breasts / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by gulfer: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
eaglechild:
Spare us abeg!
You obviously, meant what you said.
He just presented a superior arguement so learn from it and stop hiding under the cloak of sarcasm.
Hope you know, it requires a certain level of intelligence to be truly sarcastic.
Can you read at all, my reference was to his being near the scene of crash.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by abbeyty(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
gulfer: Are you gainfully employed 'there' or are a street sweeper?

how does that take concern you mr gainfully employed? mumu like you

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by kumbalo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
israel007: 2 confirmed dead and others injured.

*i just dey make front page anyhow this year o. This is a good year
na so so bad news u dey carry now. Keep us posted when it affects you directly too.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by gulfer: 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
abbeyty:

how does that take concern you mr gainfully employed? mumu like you
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Did anyone die?

Am sure u didnt read the short piece. Struggling for comment space.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by omar22(m): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
It crashed into a crane that stood 700 ft tall due to poor visibility
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Venchy: 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2013
hamsky: Let this be a warning too all those who think that helicopters only crash in naija

True crash can happen in any part of the world but there's a difference between countries that practice SAFETY and those who go on course to study safety but never PRACTICE the importance of the course.

This is due to poor visibility, it was on diversion to land at Battersy Pad before hitting the crane of St George's Wharf Tower and the USUAL NONCHALANTLY attitude in Nigeria.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by movein: 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Did anyone die?
No! You know say na spirit dey control the helicopter
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Venchy: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
Adufaye: Dats all? Just lyk dat! Wat concern Naira wit Pounds
No offense

Typical, no remorse for human life.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by MrCork17: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
I waz ina resturant called McDonalds when the helicptar crashed.. We all escaped thughundecided
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Venchy: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
MacLovington: .

Ha ha ha! For starters, street sweepers are gainfully employed and don't do scam to soil our name even further.

Assuming a streetsweeper earns £6 an hour (I think nobody earns that little these day), and works 10 hours daily for 22 days a month = £1320
Assuming tax & NI deductions amount to 25%, his nett income = £990. Not alot agreed. But he can get around £700 extra as tax credit if he has kids as a matter of right.

So total: = £1690 per month. if he's not extravagant, he can put away around £800 monthly = over N200,000.

In 5 months he can buy a cheap plot of land in Ikorodu or Badagry.

So those of us who spent donkey's years doing degrees here and earn higher (and pay MUCH higher taxes) may not be as thrifty as the streetsweeper. While he may not buy land in Lekki (he can around Ibeju-Lekki if he's patient), he can still do tangible things.

So the mentality of looking down on people because of their work is silly really.

My brother thank you so much for this little education.

I'm a Nigerian and some of us are so Arrogant to the core "road sweepper" what an absolute crap, majority of so called big shot in Nigeria are always squatting in a road sweepper's house or flat when they come abroad.

All jobs are respected and valued except in Nigeria....Full of Narccistik

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by murtalaa(m): 4:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
I smell Boko plot..... grin
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by iykak47: 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2013
Venchy:

True crash can happen in any part of the world but there's a difference between countries that practice SAFETY and those who go on course to study safety but never PRACTICE the importance of the course.

This is due to poor visibility, it was on diversion to land at Battersy Pad before hitting the crane of St George's Wharf Tower and the USUAL NONCHALANTLY attitude in Nigeria.
Forget the long story joo, there was helicopter crash in London, the cause of the crash is not the issue.
It happened in Bayelsa few weeks ago, this morning London recorded one. Shikina.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by xwolverine: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
phaya: How is this related to Nigerians?

I feel pained by your comments on how this relates to Nigeria, because apart from the fact that I am a full blooded NIgerian who proudly carries a green passport and works around Vauxhall, this area is known for high vehicular traffic and has one of the busiest stations in London both the Vauxhall underground station and the southwest train overground station. Not only this, it has one of the biggest bus terminus in central London, with busses going to croydon, Peckham (both areas are notorious for the high number of Nigerians), oxford circus (a choice destination for Nigerians fo shopping, because of the multiple high street stores) and victoria coach station (where you get national coach for most of the destinations in the UK). The crash was caused by low visibility and a crane on the construction site right beside the national rail bridge. Imaging how deadly it would have been if this helicopter crashed into the Sainsbury mega store at vauxhall?

I was still on this same road around 8pm last night while driving home from the office, and I know other Nigerians that drive through this route.

So, its a big deal if an helicopter crashes around Vauxhall and it affects Nigerians because some of our families would be worried if a crash happens close to where we work.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by saint22: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
Mr..Cork:
I waz ina resturant called McDonalds when the helicptar crashed.. We all escaped thughundecided
as early as 8am u're eating in resta.dont u cook in ya house.do they have mamaput in london just asking
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Symphony007: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2013
Parisgoodman: guy how far na? wetin u soak?
chei!! What a clumsy mistake i made. I was meaning to say. Thank God no one died on the ground cause it's a really busy scene. Sorry.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Symphony007: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2013
sirugos: lol ur post wnt kill me. Two people died and eleven people injured and at d end of ur coment we have..It's sad and thankfully no oned died. Bros na watin na?
yeah..it was a clumsy mistake. I was inarticulate in saying i'm thankfullu many people on the ground did'nt die as it was a major pedestrain confluence.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by MrCork17: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
saint22: as early as 8am u're eating in resta.dont u cook in ya house.do they have mamaput in london just asking

well I eat in top LOndon resturant in Pekham but I aviod Nigerian restrurants by all means.... they dont belif in balance diet & all they cook is fufuangry
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by suspectx(m): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
na sabotage? M a nigerian u knw?[i]na sabotage? M a nigerian u knw?[/i]na sabotage? M a nigerian u knw?
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Venchy: 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
iykak47: Forget the long story joo, there was helicopter crash in London, the cause of the crash is not the issue.
It happened in Bayelsa few weeks ago, this morning London recorded one. Shikina.

What are you insinuating?

When a crash happen the first thing you do is to the severity of it and if there's no lost of life but I'm baffled by your inhuman comment....Typical.

Perhaps this could have affect someone close to you or a member of your family that might be residing or working within this area of accident.

I've had calls from Nigeria today checking on me likewise I do check whenever there is an accident in Nigeria.

I work on Nine Elms lane at the mail center before it was shut down, just opposite the Helicopter Pad.

May God Almighty continue to give us wisdom.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
tellwisdom: Federal Government don begin supply these people contaminated fuel undecided undecided
U be idiot
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
RIP!

Tweeting at that time of operation is a big risk. He was very silly though.
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by Adolak(m): 5:15am On Jan 17, 2013
israel007: Witnesses said at least six or seven fire engines are at the scene.
I want that part resounded. How many fire engines do you see if its nigeria?
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by harlos: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2013
Mr..Cork:

well I eat in top LOndon resturant in Pekham but I aviod Nigerian restrurants by all means.... they dont belif in balance diet & all they cook is fufuangry
lol, coc thats how we take it at home, and we are always balance and fittedgrin
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by harlos: 6:42am On Jan 17, 2013
Adolak: I want that part resounded. How many fire engines do you see if its nigeria?
Two or three in Lagos
Re: Helicopter Crashes In Central London by TheMatrix3: 8:33am On Jan 17, 2013
eaglechild:
Spare us abeg!
You obviously, meant what you said.
He just presented a superior arguement so learn from it and stop hiding under the cloak of sarcasm.
Hope you know, it requires a certain level of intelligence to be truly sarcastic.

Nice one jare. You just hit the "head on the nail"...(hope I was intelligent enuf with my sarcasm?) grin
the guy dey fine way to justify him ignoramity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Trump Seeks Death Penalty For Drug Traffickers / North Korea Launches Ballistic Missile, South Korea Says / Second Israeli-linked Ship Hijacked Off Yemen Coast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.