Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:17 AM

Exclusive Breast Feeding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Exclusive Breast Feeding (3153 Views)

Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby / French Woman Offers Breast-feeding Service To Gay Parents / A Father's Case Against Breast-feeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Breast Feeding by nnekaregy(f): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2013
Please is there any working mother in the house who has done exclusive breast feeding , i mean the kind of work that starts by eight and ends by six in d evening ,kindly share ur experience. Thanks
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by nnekaregy(f): 7:38am On Jan 17, 2013
Hello people please assist. Thanks.
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by MissIfe(f): 8:04am On Jan 17, 2013
Well, my sister did it. She used to express her milk during her break at work and morning/evening so that the nanny could bottle feed her baby with her milk. As for me, though I did express my milk a few times, I am not too comfortable with it, I always worry about the hygiene. Expressed breastmilk is extremely fragile and can turn bad very easily, so I chose to give powder milk when I am at work and breastfeed when I am at home. I noticed that, that way, kids tend to drink more at night when mama is there, but it worked really fine for me. No pressure to express breastmilk, I can go out/come back late without worrying about what my kids will eat and still breastfeed them too.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by blank(f): 9:47am On Jan 17, 2013
I am always careful about hygiene. I did it with my first son till he was 6 months and I am currently doing it with my 4 month old. I take a sterilising container that I can use with the microwave and sterilise before I use. I also have cold water sterilising. Then I keep the milk in an ice cooler until I get home. I express 2 or 3 times before I leave work. When I get home I keep it frozen till the next day.

I found out that my baby eats more from the bottle than when I breastfeed him. I noticed that weekends my books are always full and I still have to express.

It's very time consuming and intensive but it's worth it at the end.
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by smartmom(f): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2013
blank: I am always careful about hygiene. I did it with my first son till he was 6 months and I am currently doing it with my 4 month old. I take a sterilising container that I can use with the microwave and sterilise before I use. I also have cold water sterilising. Then I keep the milk in an ice cooler until I get home. I express 2 or 3 times before I leave work. When I get home I keep it frozen till the next day.

I found out that my baby eats more from the bottle than when I breastfeed him. I noticed that weekends my books are always full and I still have to express.

It's very time consuming and intensive but it's worth it at the end.

Kudos! I applaud you and I wish I knew all I know now when I bottle fed my 1st with cow's milk(incidentally the only kid of my brood of 4 who was not exclusively breastfed and the o only one with asthma). The best time to express is when you are rested and relaxed(best after you have slept and woken) and surprise! breast milk can actually stay unspoilt for 4 hours in room temperature. Just make sure the bottles and and whoever is handling the feeding is neat and keeps the teat covered when the baby isnt feeding. You can express into several bottles and keep in a cooler and for each meal, its reheated lightly and used up. Dont return uneaten(or undrank lol) breastmilk to the cooler and reheated. Gauge what quantity ur baby is likely to finish in one feed.

Wish you all the best poster. Its worth all the wahala wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by Gambrosia: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ever heard of 'bre-ast pumps'? undecided Nothing wrong with expressing your milk and storing it for future uses.
The baby can take your milk from the bottle too! kiss
Unless you are a stay-home mom for the 2 years of 'buzzum' feeding. . . .then very possible.
I don't know ANY woman who did exclusive 'buzzum' feeding around me.
POWER TO THOSE WHO CAN MARRY RICH MEN ENOUGH TO STAY HOME AND BUZZZUM FEED!

Not my portion! Amen!!!! kiss
If cows can survive. . . babies can too! kiss
Some 'brea-st fed' infants grew up to become adults or mentally-challenged psychos even more reetarded than COWS! kiss
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
smartmom:

Kudos! I applaud you and I wish I knew all I know now when I bottle fed my 1st with cow's milk(incidentally the only kid of my brood of 4 who was not exclusively breastfed and the o only one with asthma). The best time to express is when you are rested and relaxed(best after you have slept and woken) and surprise! breast milk can actually stay unspoilt for 4 hours in room temperature. Just make sure the bottles and and whoever is handling the feeding is neat and keeps the teat covered when the baby isnt feeding. You can express into several bottles and keep in a cooler and for each meal, its reheated lightly and used up. Dont return uneaten(or undrank lol) breastmilk to the cooler and reheated. Gauge what quantity ur baby is likely to finish in one feed.

Wish you all the best poster. Its worth all the wahala wink

Pure coincidence!
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
Gambrosia: Ever heard of 'bre-ast pumps'? undecided Nothing wrong with expressing your milk and storing it for future uses.
The baby can take your milk from the bottle too! kiss
Unless you are a stay-home mom for the 2 years of 'buzzum' feeding. . . .then very possible.
I don't know ANY woman who did exclusive 'buzzum' feeding around me.
POWER TO THOSE WHO CAN MARRY RICH MEN ENOUGH TO STAY HOME AND BUZZZUM FEED!

Not my portion! Amen!!!! kiss
If cows can survive. . . babies can too! kiss
Some 'brea-st fed' infants grew up to become adults or mentally-challenged psychos even mmore reetarded than COWS! kiss

ummmmm where do I start - my daughter just turned 2 and I stopped breast feeding last week. So i don't know what ur talking about. I have been working full time with a side business since she was 1 so no rich man to keep me home.

yes i know ur post was not a personal attack but honestly ur post is somehow.
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by smartmom(f): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ujujoan:

Pure coincidence!

Ujujoan:

Pure coincidence!
Thanks for your vote. I always wondered and worried.

And yes we can actually express breast milk, but really there is a real joy when ur baby is bosom fed sha grin. Its d babies' sedative in my home, fully approved by daddy and all wink
Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by Gambrosia: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
cotton101:

ummmmm where do I start - my daughter just turned 2 and I stopped breast feeding last week. So i don't know what ur talking about. I have been working full time with a side business since she was 1 so no rich man to keep me home.

yes i know ur post was not a personal attack but honestly ur post is somehow.

I have no control over the way you choose to interprete my posts. kiss

Even if you bre-ast - fed for 2 years. . . . nothing wrong. Your choice.
Interesting you can hold a FULL-TIME JOB AND A SIDE BUSINESS WITH A BABY TAGGED TO YOUR BRE-ASTS 24/7.

Hmmmm! Who are we to question you? This is the h-internet abi? wink

Exclusive bre-ast - feeding can only be successfully done in the first 6 months of the infant's life. Infants get VERY HUNGRY AND WILL LOOK FOR SOMETHING MORE FILLING OR WILL KEEP YOU AWAKE ALL NIGHT! kiss
After that. . . BABIES NEED SOME SOLIDS. . . . Is that 'EXCLUSIVE BR-EAST - FEEDING? NO! kiss

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solids.htm

Bre-ast - feeding is awesome. . .THE BEST FOR BABIES. . .

My question is. . . after 6 months of an infant's life. . . EXCLUSIVE BRE-AST FEEDING IS NOT POSSIBLE. . . Babies need SOLIDS. AFTER 6 MONTHS. Time for GERBER. Bre-ast-milk is just a SNACK! kiss

Please, this is 2013, EXCLUSIVE BRE-AST-FEEDING IS ONLY A DREAM AFTER 6 MONTHS!!! It is not like there is only one child in the house to take care of. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!kiss

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS. . .WHAT IS EXCLUSIVE BREA-ST - FEEDING? undecided

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Breast Feeding by angela992: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2017
Attitude of Teenage Mothers toward the Practice of Exclusive Breastfeeding

Exclusive breastfeeding is one of the child survival strategies as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO). This is because it was identified that the effective initiation of exclusive breastfeeding will result in preventive intervention in reducing child morbidity and mortality with the potential of saving 1.3million lives annually. (Jones, 2003).

http://www.scharticles.com/attitude-of-teenage-mothers-toward-the-practice-of-exclusive-breastfeeding/

(1) (Reply)

Wife Behaving Badly? / My Wife Is Having Sex And Seeing Pregnancy In Her Dreams / Pls Help Me. I'm Going Into Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.