Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? (11512 Views)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / Blind Man, 71, Slaps Pregnant Daughter-in-law Over Meal / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2013
Chuck D:

You wrote a good comment and spoilt it at the end. It's "safety consciousness" that prevents the installation of ceiling fans or the likes in a kitchen; or don't you have wall cabinets in your own? Try reaching them with the ceiling fan on. Abi you like a situation where your fan will spread the heat, steam, smoke, whatever to every part of the house - especially livingroom? imagine my inlaw wey sabi fry pepper every time. But you can have smoke and steam expellers installed over your cooker or on the wall it all depends on the home owner.

Chuck D, hehehehehehe. Thanks for taking time to answer my question. I needed answers as to why Kitchens don't have such installation and you have done justice to that. Thanks again!
Re: Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2013
specialguest: Unlike everyone here who says Thank you all the time, i rarely say thank you after a meal at home and that' s because i do most of the cooking. However when i am served food outside my house by default i always say thank you before and after the meal.

Specialguest, did you know you can tell yourself thank you? Yes you can! After eating, tell yourself: "special guest, you've done well; thank you for taking time to nourish your body".

It sounds funny, shey? It's just a way of appreciating yourself. I do that at times.
Re: Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? by harlos: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

It doesn't mean. Yes! you paid for the food but there's nothing wrong in thanking her for the service she rendered to you. The koko be say, let's appreciate people.
anyway i was forced to say thank you when i was young so that i Will be appreciative. And now i am.

Thank you too for the little adv...grin wink
Re: Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
harlos: anyway i was forced to say thank you when i was young so that i Will be appreciative. And now i am.

Thank you too for the little adv...grin wink

Hehehehehehehehe, it's welcome.

1 Like

Re: Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? by egopersonified(f): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
My baby who isnt two yet says 'tatuu' thank you over everything, when he's going out to play he says byeee. Last born dey suck up to their mama sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Cousin's Story About Her Pregnancy / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year! / How To Legalize Nigerian Marriage Certificate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.