Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud (691 Views)

Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega / Electoral Fraud: 2 Minors Nabbed With Ballot Papers Stuffed In Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by pheesayor(m): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2013
When Justice Ayo Salami was suspended by the NJC, many wondered why the the president was so quick to carry out the action on a Sunday shocked.
Excerpts from an interview with General Buhari revealed that it was to cover up the electoral fraud in a supposed free and fair election. He also spoke about boko haram and the attempt to frame him into being their sponsor.

Interview by ekekeeeDOTcom

Ekekeee: How do you rate the performance of the present administration led by Dr Goodluck and what would you have done differently at the helm?

GMB: There is no government to rate. The absurdity in government runs wild every day. So much corruption everywhere, and you call this a government? There is nothing to rate about this because this is not a government. We were in court after the 2011 elections where we brought in forensic experts to prove that not all who registered to vote in some parts of the country where rigging was massive voted. The president of the appeal court then Justice Ayo Salami agreed for us to bring in the experts. All of a sudden, he was removed and another person was brought in just to reverse the decision of Ayo Salami and you ask me to rate this government? What is there to rate?

Ekekeee: There is this talk of Northern leaders like yourself not speaking strongly against the Boko Haram menace. People assume this as a tacit endorsement of the terrorist sect. What’s your take on this allegation, Sir?

GMB: Dada, this is an unfair question to ask me. I have openly spoken against the activities of this dreaded sect in public more times than I can remember. Islam is a religion of peace and anyone who claims to kill in the name of Allah is not a Muslim. The same reason why I rejected the offer when it was claimed that the sect named me their chief negotiator. Some people tried to frame me up by appointing me their negotiator.

Ekekeee: Your reputation as an anti-corruption crusader precedes you. How will you fight corruption today given Nigeria’s systemic difficulties?

GMB: I agree that there is a serious systematic rise in corruption today than it was 10years ago. It may be difficult to curb but it is definitely not impossible.

Ekekeee: President Obama visited Ghana and made the statement “Africa needs Strong institutions not strong men”. You were reported to have disagreed with that statement. Why?

GMB: Only strong men can make strong institutions. If the founding fathers were not strong men, we wouldn’t have been where we are today. Ironically, other strong men got this country into what it is today and only strong men can save it. The institutions cannot be strong without the input of strong people.

Ekekeee: 2015 is around the corner. Will you contest as president again?

GMB: I said in 2011 that I wasn’t going to contest again. My party and supporters have been sending representatives. Up till today, they haven’t stopped. But what I tell them is, if the conditions are right…. but we are in the process now of reorganizing the party and perhaps, come into an alignment with other parties. Whatever the parties decide, whether my party or the new party that align and we are hoping to develop; if they give me the ticket or recommend me, I will consider it. That is the position we are now.

Ekekeee: What is the situation with the merger now? Most Nigerians await with bated breath regarding the state of the merger:

GMB: The merger with other political parties has gotten to a very good stage right now. The CPC has named a merger committee and I will be inaugurating them in Abuja later this week. ACN and ANPP will do the same and I am very positive that by March 31st 2013, we will have a good outcome and the merger will be complete.

Ekekeee: What is your message to young people out there sir?

GMB: [size=16pt]Young people must participate more in governance. Young people must demand for free and fair elections and learn more about their country[/size].

As published on ekekeeeDOTcom

http://www.ekekeee.com/i-said-in-2011-that-i-wasnt-going-to-contest-again-but-declares-buhari-in-an-exlusive-interview-with-ekekeee/
Re: GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by gabriel212: 10:05am On Jan 17, 2013
Some ppl who know less about Nigeria politics wil argue that Ayo Salami is a tools being use by other political party for thier selfish interest.
Mean while, thier is a vivid evidence that GEJ was rig into the Aso-Rock.
Re: GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by Akshow: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2013
Dint we all know?
Re: GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by pheesayor(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2013
we all knew but hearing it from the General himself confirms what many speculated, expecting GEJ boys to come defend this
Akshow: Dint we all know?
Re: GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by juman(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2013
Justice Salami has done is part and did it well. He served God and served nigerians well.

Either he return to the position or not, he is a great man and God will reward him abundantly.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Axed Justice Salami To Cover Electoral Fraud by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2013
Poster, did you just realise this. I saw his sack coming many weeks before it happened and I shared my views here. The man was going to sack the president if he wasn't kicked out.

(1) (Reply)

Sovereign National Party Of Nigeria (A Masses - Oreinted Party) / Come Next Election...which Party Will You Vote? / Critic Turned Fan::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.